Looking back at the S8 draft

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming Hockey League (LGHL PSN)' started by F0G 19, May 2, 2019.

1. F0G 19

F0G 19 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    f0g19#0
    Ratings:
    +364 / 5 / -8
    I was reading through these boards and saw JClaus33 and Riv do draft reviews but couldnt find any on my personal draft year so I decided to take a look at it and take a shot at my first media piece.

I am gonna do like Riv did and just take a look at the top 10 if we had to re-draft.

#1 overall pick - Nashville Predators

Original selection : @F0G 19 59-18-8 237pts +47 / 3 times all-star, calder nominee, CanAm Gold
    Re-draft selection : @LaFleuR11 66-15-8 80pts +109 / 3 times all-star, calder nominee, CanAm Gold

Here I think Laf should be the re-draft 1st overall pick. Aside from being a good guy, he's also a very strong dmen. Got 20+ wins in 3/3 seasons compared to 2/3 for me. Although I believe he played on some better teams than me, he played a huge role on these teams with his amazing vision, poise with the puck and good breakout and I believe a #1 D is more important than a winger. At the time of the draft, Nashville had a very strong offense, I think they would have been better drafting a dmen. That being said, love you Nashville, and thanks for everything Vibez, rest in peace. Keep being beast Laf.

#2 pick - Colombus Blue Jackets

Original selection : @CaptainDube17 15-10-3 49pts -4
    Re-draft selection : @F0G 19

CaptainDube was a friend of mine and a very good player. He ran into some personal trouble that kept him out for his first season as a DP. When he came back for his second season, he just didn't have the same fire for the game and put up a 13-10-2 record with 48pts. I really think he was an amazing player, but sometimes life gets in the way and video games become secondary, and it's okay. I'm not gonna talk about myself but I think that's where I should be.

#3 pick - New York Rangers
    Original selection : Laf
    Re-draft selection :
    @Professor_Merana 57-27-3 79pts +96 / CanAm Silver

New York had a very good season in S8 winning president and had a very good management duo with Bo and Reap. As usual, Bo drafted very wisely and took LaFleur. Considering I had LaFleur #1 in my re-draft, I think the next best option for this draft is Merana. Drafted 35th overall, Merana makes a big jump in my re-draft. I think Merana doesnt get talked about enough but the guy is a rock back there. He has had 16-18 and 20 win seasons so far in the show. He is good on both sides of the ice, very good on breakout, sees the ice well and having played him in CanAm, the guy is very hard to beat 1 on 1.

#4 pick - Boston Bruins

Original selection : @mcfslayer921
    34-14-10 114pts +25
    Re-draft selection : @White_Knucklerz 48-24-8 92pts +37 / CanAm silver

Drafted 33rd overall, White_Knucklerz also makes a big jump in my re-draft. For those who didnt know, he is Merana’s brother, and like him, he is a very solid player. He played his first 2 seasons as a RD before making the switch to center this season and he’s had success at both position. Having played against him, I can tell he has some very good skills, very nice playmaking abilites and sees the ice very well both on offense and defense. Like his brother, I think he doesnt get talked about enough, Mr. Merana senior gave his sons some good thumbs.

#5 pick – LA Kings

Original selection : @TurmoiIz 41-35-8 56pts -1 / 1x all-star, calder nominee

Re-draft selection : @GoalieGodz 48-28-9 175 pts +50

5th overall pick belonged to the LA Kings. They took highly touted LD Turmoilz coming out of Spitfires. At this spot, I put GoalieGodz, who I think is an underrated player. He is a very good two way center who has some very good thumbs and can pass the puck as well as he can score goals. Very dangerous around the net, he is my 5th pick in the re-draft.

#6 pick – St-Louis Blues

Original selection : @LeBlanc21 20-33-9 39pts -59

Re-draft selection : @Gamingfreak911 39-6-6 41pts +49

6th pick in my re-draft is GamingFreak911. Very skilled west RD who is also able to play on east and succeed. I’ve had the task to play against him lately in the playoffs and having seen a little of him he is someone who’s very good with the breakout and can also shut down when it’s time to do it. Looks very agile on the ice with his use of the L2 and makes smart simple plays. He has had 2x 15+ wins seasons and is undefeated so far in his young career in the playoffs.

#7 pick – Minny Wild

Original selection : @foxpresentation 40-21-7 39pts +21

Re-draft selection : @One_Nut_Phil81 44-38-3 175pts +24 / 1 time all-star

At #7 comes mister One Nut. Here, I just switched the next 2 picks out of their respective spots. The reason is simple, I think Phil has shown in his rookie season he can produce offense. Very dangerous in the offensive zone, Phil has produced 50+ pts in each of the 3 seasons he has been in the league. Even though his stats say otherwise lately, I think of him more of a goal scorer than a playmaker but that’s just my opinion from the times I’ve seen him play. He still has some very good thumbs and is hard to contain for dmens.

#8 pick – Winnipeg Jets

Original selection : O-N-P81

Re-draft selection : Foxpresentation

At #8 comes foxpresentation. Fox is a shutdown dmen who excels in the defensive zone. I think he has shown he can be a very good defensemen at the NHL level but I think being mostly a shutdown dmen in this game shouldnt get you ahead of big point producers up-front. I think you have to be able to bring offense from the backend in 19 to help out and that’s why fox dropped one spot in my re-draft. That being said, fox is very good at taking pucks away and makes very few mistakes/turnovers because of his simple yet steady style of play.

#9 pick – Dallas Stars

Original selection : @HAT_TRICK_LEGEND 26-16-9 93pts +8

Re-draft selection : @Perdikiotes 36-34-9 52pts -14

At #9 comes Perdikiotes. I put him there because of what I have seen from him. I understand his stats aren’t the greatest but he hasnt been on the greatest teams either. Perdikiotes IMO is a top 10 pick in this draft and can help out a team with his good breakout and solid defensive play. He makes smart simple passes and is a very safe dmen.

#10 pick – LA Kings

Original selection : @Chayson16 6-5-1 11pts -4

Re-draft selection : Turmoilz

Turmoilz is my friend in real life, I really think he isn’t as bad as his recent stats suggest, he’s been unlucky being bounced around in line-ups with different partners and lacked a lot of chem. Being a stay at home d-men, it’s also harder for him to have an impact on games but I also think he lost his love for the game and that he was better at 18 than 19. That being said, I strongly believe that if you put him with people he can read, he is still a good defensemen and is worthy of my 10th overall pick in the re-draft.

Honorable mentions

Mcfslayer – Silva – Bonwl – Chelios – Hat Trick Legend – Bento

So this is it ! I'd like to point out this is my opinion, you can agree or disagree, I frankly don't really care, I wanted to try writing something in english, I hope it's not too bad. Thanks to @FrenchMoron for some discussions we had.

Cheers

• Like Like x 19
    • Winner Winner x 5
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
    FOG__19
  2. TrippyNav

TrippyNav Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,566 / 159 / -334
    Bonwl should be 7. Sliding the rest down one spot but other than that looks solid

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 3
    No Streaming Account
  3. I MT98 I

I MT98 I Well-Known Member

Discord:
    MT98#9855
    Ratings:
    +1,297 / 21 / -57
    If Godz could actually perform in the playoffs he'd be a top-3 pick, sad

• Like Like x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    mt98
  4. Jrascia

Jrascia Well-Known Member

Discord:
    JR#3872
    Ratings:
    +112 / 20 / -4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Get Good Get Good x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    Jrascia
  5. White_Knucklerz

White_Knucklerz Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +127 / 5 / -18
    @F0G 19 Thanks for the kind words.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    No Streaming Account
  6. Gamingfreak911

Gamingfreak911 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    gaming5689#0
    Ratings:
    +247 / 13 / -38
    Still underrated.

• Funny Funny x 1
    xgf911x
  7. Big Wet Fist

Big Wet Fist Well-Known Member

Discord:
    drfurrynips#0
    Ratings:
    +151 / 2 / -2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    No Streaming Account
  8. mamm7216

mamm7216 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +372 / 7 / -13
    @bonwl took a season to get it, but man once he did and moved to C kid , boy was clamps at C.

• Winner Winner x 2
    No Streaming Account
  9. foxpresentation

foxpresentation Well-Known Member

Discord:
    fox presentation#6580
    Ratings:
    +404 / 2 / -1
    Fun read :) I like those type of articles !

fox_presentation
  10. xC Y Rx 18

xC Y Rx 18 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +109 / 1 / -7
    Eye of the tiger aka Fog for LG media rep

• Funny Funny x 1
    nothumbsweatyaf
  11. bonwl

bonwl Well-Known Member

Discord:
    bonwl#9306
    Ratings:
    +956 / 37 / -74
    Quality read, was waiting for someone to do our seasons re-draft lol.

Would have liked to be in top 10 but I appreciate the honorable mention. 10 great players listed above me so I can't really argue it :)

Shout-out to @xNav61 and @mamm7216 for sticking up for me lmao

• Like Like x 1
    Bonwl15
  12. SMx71-

SMx71- Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +18 / 8 / -18
    undrafted s8 here

SMx71_
  13. LaFleuR11

LaFleuR11 Terrible Defenseman

Ratings:
    +357 / 4 / -16
    And im still overrated.
    But thanks for the love Fog

• Funny Funny x 1
    LaFleuRmax11
  14. BarryWoodsDong

BarryWoodsDong Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +577 / 10 / -63
    why dont yall just sit in a nice circle and kindly caress each others nuts while you’re at it

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
    double_brah
  15. lI-TopG-Il

lI-TopG-Il Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +657 / 12 / -110
    I personally think that @LaFleuR11 shouldn’t have been drafted at all due to not only his lack of skill but his lack of effort and commitment on and off the ice. And he’s ugly

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
    No Streaming Account
  16. Cahspxr

Cahspxr cowabunga

Discord:
    Nylander#4206
    Ratings:
    +316 / 21 / -26
    vNylander