S32 Conference Finals Breakdowns-WEST

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming American Hockey League (LGAHL)' started by ChiToWnB3atD0wN, May 3, 2019.

1. ChiToWnB3atD0wN

ChiToWnB3atD0wN Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +633 / 6 / -14
    So in the West we have San Antonio versus Stockton.

I mentioned Stockton's crew in the previous post so I'll start with them. This team led by @Smitterr, @Dunks, @Cc o s i n e 18 has seemingly dealt with adversity all season long.

I know for the first part of the season Smitter was searching for some consistency from the bottom line(s) with Dunk's line set and rolling out of the gate. Definitely takes patience for a player of Smitter's skill level to take that on the chin for the team, huge props for not breaking up your other lines and being committed to figuring it out. The guys found some players to bring some consistency to their lineup such as @CubsCrusher14, @Hope Legacyy, and @arnooney. Obviously big changes occurred when @Reiders90 left the team, causing management to make some big deals and this required guys like @Drxma, @Backstrom x 19, @Lucic x 17 to step up even more for the squad to ease the transition and buy management time to make their move. The main move being the Dimi trade where they received @FLYERSfanFURY and @adidaht88. A lot of people criticized both parties involved in the trade, but I think Stockton did extremely will filling the holes after a few things may have perhaps forced their hand. After getting these guys into the fold the Heat finished the season second in their division and definitely looked ready to make a run. They beat Ontario in the first round and then defeated Colorado in the second round, both series ending in 6 games.

One thing of note from both of their series is that Stockton is prepared to muck it up and grind out wins. They had a one shot one goal win against Ontario, I mean that is actually incredible. Even with some really skilled players the goal scoring has been coming at a premium so thank goodness they have a solid back end starting with the management duo + Luc/Legacy and have a phenomenal goaltender in @Name Is Ricky (7-0-1 to date in playoffs). If they can get @ALPHA Crank back in regular season form this team may not have to worry about scoring more than 1 or 2 goals to secure a game. That is a huge luxury to have this time of the year. Obviously they plan on scoring more than that to return the favor and relieve some pressure off their tendy's who have been the key to their success thus far.

The San Antonio Rampage is led by @Motown @NicoH58 and @Dublaga. I knew from day one this team was playoffs bound and had potential for a run with this crew at the helm. Solid acquisitions from management all around leading into the deadline. No major splashes but a few really solid players gotten at a bargain that they knew would contribute to their plans.

Here they are in the Western Conference Finals with a team peaking at the right time. The Rampage have the @Sexy Rocko @KermieFinesse @Aarskog line absolutely rolling right now. Couple of those guys had tough seasons at their other stops, but playoff hockey can make people forget all about that and they are killing it. Kermie is first in playoff scoring of the players on the remaining teams. Nico and his boys are just grinding out dubs anyway possible given their unusual lack of scoring. I'm assuming that'll change in this series, and that line with @Samuel Hinkie and @T03TaFarm3 are due for a 3-4 goal game. The rampage have other key contributors such as @devilsknight617, @Ten Ply, and @DJpoopfart chipping in. This team has an absolute weapon of a tendy in @TheCheetahlo 33 (Starting to notice a trend with all these remaining teams and hot goalies?). I personally witnessed him steal some games against my Grand Rapids Griffins in the first round and then proceeded to silence the Manitoba Moose in round 2. Both of those teams he and the rampage clammed up were some of the higher scoring teams in the league, major props. Just like Stockton and Alpha, I need to see my boy @l Scopes x l20l find his form and come up huge for the Rampage in this series.

This series has the potential to be gritty and low scoring, which is super enjoyable for us watching because those A+ scoring chances we see will be few and far between. So when or IF they do happen they will mean just a liiiiiittle bit more. I think the backup goalies play a pivotal role in this series. Both are not your typical backups, and need to have big performances like they are capable of in order to screw up the line matching and tip the series in their team's favor. If they are unable to step up or if a starter has a rough night, that's where you may see both of these team's top lines find their scoring forms and confidences can be shook. My prediction for the series is San Antonio in 6. Probably biased since this team knocked my team out and I think highly of them for doing so, but I will not be surprised whatsoever if we see Stockton advance.

Four great teams, four solid management teams. I wish them all the best starting on Sunday. Looking forward to two great, competitive series.

*Please don't take any offense if I missed your name, or made a take you disagree with. Completely an opinion piece I just threw together for everyone. Hope you enjoy.*

• Like Like x 12
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Useful Useful x 1
    chitownb3atd0wn
  2. Smitterr

Smitterr Well-Known Member

Discord:
    smitterr#0
    Ratings:
    +540 / 37 / -48
    Love the kind words, it’ll be a great series. One note to add is that game against Ontario was actually 0 shots, if you check the player summary none of our guys had a shot registered and no computers entered the ice so we’re Not sure why it says we had one.

• Winner Winner x 2
    Smitter24
  3. ChiToWnB3atD0wN

ChiToWnB3atD0wN Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +633 / 6 / -14
    That’s actually insane lol

• Like Like x 1
    chitownb3atd0wn
  4. KermieFinesse

KermieFinesse “Neva Seen It” -Dilly Bubbles

Discord:
    KermieFinesse#5073
    Ratings:
    +300 / 36 / -48
    Like the write up but don’t get it confused @TheCheetahlo 33 actually blows

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Creative Creative x 1
    kingkermlive
  5. KrawcH v2

KrawcH v2 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +652 / 20 / -22
    MVP of the series: @flightn

You heard it here first, seeing as he wasn’t mentioned here ;)

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    krawch61