Esports: Round 2 ''X Factors"

Discussion in 'E-Sports Hockey League' started by Redmile89, May 4, 2019.

1. Redmile89

Redmile89 Knock Knock

Discord:
    redmile89#0
    Ratings:
    +707 / 38 / -43
    How's it going boys?

My original idea was to provide an in depth analysis on each series but for some it raised some eye brows so I've decided to take a different approach to it. My intent on this article is solely focusing on 8 individuals from their respective teams as being the "X factor" for the series. These guys are who I believe are the answer to either getting over the hump and making the series tighter or following their typical status quo with high level play in being the vital piece to the puzzle in moving on.

Players selected may not be noted as being the "best" on their respective teams but have the capability of being a huge deal breaker for round 2.

As we head into this, for those who are not aware, the following match ups are as followed;
    Seemingly enough, the top 8 all managed to move on.

(1) Bad Intentions vs (8) Composure
    (2) Entourage vs (7) Resilience
    (3) Underdogs vs (6) Fearless
    (4) BBB vs (5) Triumph

1. Bad Intentions "X Factor"

@Kernsy has made his return this season and hasn't missed a beat along the way. In my personal opinion he is one of the biggest gamers when it comes to the goaltender position and has been in an abundance of "Biggies" throughout his tenure in net. He is oddly very good at breakaways and anticipating what the skater has in mind. Kerns does a good job in not making the first move and letting the shooter come to him. Bad Intentions is loaded with fire power, but like every team, will be prone to mistakes and this is where this guy comes into play. By sticking to his common tendencies in the blue paint, Kerns should be able to offer those big time saves the boys will need. I do believe he will face a lot of rubber in this series and will need to remain focused.

2. Entourage "X Factor"

@x Hendry 91 has always been an intriguing winger for me as he always seems to come up with a variety of ways to cone Dmen on the fly while being extremely dangerous on the rush. Lucas will need to dig into his tool box going into this one and pull out his bag of tricks as he goes up against one of the better D combos in the current ESHL. He needs to remain patient as this isn't his first rodeo, but will need to slowly dissect the opposing D core. Lucas is fundamentally stable and when on his game and has the ability to take over a game. If he can remain cool, calm, and collected, while making an effort to get back to support on the back check, while maintaining his elusiveness off the rush, I think this guy can big a big time game changer. His ability to read a play formulating before it happens allows him to take off and pick those small gaps apart, which makes him one of the best left wingers in this tournament.

3. Underdogs "X Factor"

@ThaiUp34535 of the Underdogs will be tasked with going head to head with in my opinion one of the most complete centres in the game in Scary Joey. Dubz has always been a versatile individual with good hockey sense and thumb skill, but this will be a true test to see what he is made out of at the centre position. There is no doubt the wingers of this team are dynamic and creative, but the centre fold of this match up is whether or not Jer Dubz will be able to bring his game to the next level. Being able to hold his own in between the dots will be crucial in gaining that initial possession. For me, this is what will make or break this team as they will have their hands full. Dubz will seek to play that full 200 ft game while his greatest task will be keeping Joey at bay while also being able to pick his spots in the Ozone as this will need to be a complete team effort.

4. BBB's "X Factor"

@Nuge will be anchoring the left side of the point for BBB. He has always been recognised as one of the better LD in the past and possess great puck skill and vision. This is no slight on Nuge, but I do believe Flowmaster Joe is better suited to quarter back the break outs as he has a bit more of an offensive edge to his game. Nuge may aim in being a support system for breaking pucks out but he his very capable of going coast to coast if the realestate is given to him. He his very good at walking the blue line once the cycle game has been activated and feeding pucks through the crowd for a rebound chance or for a tip goal. Making sure the defensive end comes first will be vital as when you have the flair that he does, it isn't hard to get carried away jumping up in the rush.

5. Triumph's "X Factor"

@B00YA has made the switch to manning the centre position this season and so far as answered the bell. As he continues to blossom in to a high end centre man he will meet his true test with the BBB crew. It's going to be crucial he becomes acclimated with the BBB transition game and playing a strong 2 way game in aiding his Dmen, as the forward core for the opposing team will be a hand full. Obviously there will always be emphasis on winning draws but there is certainly more to it. Quick touches through the neutral zone and having the patience to hold pucks for that extra second in the Ozone will need to be points addressed heading into this one, as Boots will need to keep his game simplified and not get caught up in the moment. He has great button skill but if he gets caught trying to do to much, Triumph will have hard time rebounding in this one.

6. Fearless "X Factor"

@lx JoneZ xl will be manning the 4 by 6 for the Fearless squad and has been a brick wall for the boys. There is no doubting what the dynamic duo of Gwan and Dups will bring on the back end but just like everyone, there will be points in each game they will need that crucial save. The key here is for Jonez to continue coming up with those 1 or 2 pivotal saves for when there is a defensive lapse in their own zone or through the neutral zone with an odd man rush. He has always been great at reading those quick cross crease plays and has done a great job on his angles with the point shots. If Jonez can remain poised in the blue paint by holding that strong side and nullifying those quick wraps that will be saught after, he will be just fine. The Underdogs are a fast paced team, with an elevated tempo game by gaining chances through the neutral zone and capitalising on the other teams miss ques.
    (Apparently Tony may be playing so he would then assume this role)

7. Resilience's "X Factor"

@LemeIin is the back bone of this team alongside his partner on the blue line Doughty. For Lem, I believe if he demands the puck he is a force to be reckoned with. As a mobile Dman who is very patient with the puck, it will be crucial for him to continue to do so. With high hockey IQ, he is great with long stretch passes or enabling his forwards to take off for the long bomb clapper if they feel its there. Entourage is another high paced team who loves to go to work off the rush if its there. Making sure he is back and supporting the back end will be key. Patience is a virtue and this man is one of few who truly posses this. By re grouping his rush by either dishing it off to a team mate near the opposing teams blue line, or simply circling back in the neutral zone to reset, this guy can be the catalyst in both ends. Lem knows what he needs to do, but will need to adapt on the fly and become resourceful as Entourage is well aware of his capabilities with and without the puck.

8. Composure's "X Factor"

@mR Hit DaT slides back into the line up with the absence of Tendy in Europe, reclaiming his Centre spot. Hit Dat will look to rejuvenate his game in this one with a possible chip on his shoulder. He is a very strong 2 way centre who is strong inside the dots. Without his partner in crime on right wing, chemistry will be an area of concern potentially. He's generally been very good at opening up the ice in tight quarters within in the Ozone, while not being shy of juking around and manoeuvring up around the circles to allow his Dman to slide down low or to activate their strong cycle game. I believe if his face off game is as strong as usual, this will allow his team to gain that coveted initial possession and go to work. Being strong down low around the net is another great trait of his with that give and go game being implemented. I believe this guy will flip the switch for this one and showcase why he is still one of the more prominent centres in the game.

I did do my best in getting in touch with every teams said owner to ensure players listed would be accurate. Apologies if someone was listed who will not be playing.

Best of luck to everyone heading into round 2 and hopefully some of you enjoyed this write up.

Cheers.

Last edited: May 4, 2019
    • Like Like x 10
    • Winner Winner x 2
    Redmile89
  2. Jemima

Jemima Well-Known Member

Discord:
    jemima3232#0
    Ratings:
    +550 / 20 / -44
    Good luck this series :alien:

• Like Like x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
    jemimanhl
  3. Hxndry

Hxndry 1/1

Discord:
    Hxndry#7500
    Ratings:
    +1,025 / 51 / -102
    Thanks for the shoutout Donny, good luck to everyone

• Like Like x 1
  4. Redmile89

Redmile89 Knock Knock

Discord:
    redmile89#0
    Ratings:
    +707 / 38 / -43
    You as well big guy!

Redmile89
  5. Karmuh x 86

Karmuh x 86 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Karmuh#2796
    Ratings:
    +317 / 11 / -18
    Good Write Up has Always Donny :) good Luck to Every team in the Playoff !!!

• Like Like x 1
    karmuh86
  6. F0G 19

F0G 19 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    f0g19#0
    Ratings:
    +364 / 5 / -8
    Captain Tee!!!

FOG__19
  7. Nuge

Nuge SmithZz

Discord:
    nuge#0
    Ratings:
    +6,623 / 177 / -193
    I gave Bert the puck a lot thanks to this thread, glad you could help me!

• Like Like x 2