A Great Way to End The Season! - by Chel and Lucente

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming American Hockey League (LGAHL PSN)' started by FatHogLucente, May 20, 2019.

?

Do you think the end of season awards were fair?

1. Yes

4 vote(s)
    16.7%
  2. No

20 vote(s)
    83.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lxcente

Lxcente Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Lucente#7288
    Ratings:
    +103 / 12 / -16
    Wow, season 10 was a great season for the media to say the least. First, we have the piece of garbage all star event. We won’t go into detail of how poorly they did with choosing the teams, but come on you have @LG McDonald as an alternate… you know something is obviously wrong here. There could’ve been a lot of better names in the all star list but instead we had to settle with 3 forwards all coming from providence. Also, @MDConMan , if you’re going to be on the media team, don’t put yourself on the all star list. Especially over @DaBirdMan27 , pussy move on your part. This brings us to our next point, the end of season awards. Clearly plenty of guys were snubbed, much like the all star game.

Let’s first start with the beautiful Eddie Shore Award. Don’t get us wrong about @Rezhomey , he is a very good dman, however he played shitters all season. You have players such as @Distraqted who played top lines and the best teams all season (ended with most points as a dman) ending off with a suitable record of 20-6-1. I’m starting to think the media guys pull fucking names out of a hat.

Next up, the Yanik Durpe Memorial Award. A free trophy for a shit job. Fuckin cheers boys. @Dark_side0895 @mikenaughty

Now we got the Les Cunningham Award. And wow, what a fucking disappointment. I don’t even where to start. There were 4 other players who had higher points, a better record, and also played with players who weren’t as good as those on @skyre5 line. If you’re going to throw the trophy away and not give it to a player with 122 points in a season or a guy with the most goals and a whopping 111 points on top. At this point you might as well give it to @SANtheMAN19 because he deserved it over Skyre.

The Fred T. Hunt Memorial Trophy. If anyone should’ve gotten this trophy it’s @KesselySnipes420 . This guy shows nothing but positivity, sportsmanship, and probably the most kind person in the AHL. He had an amazing season and is very humble about it among other players in the league. Truly, kessely is a diamond in the rough.

Last but not least, we got the Jack A. Butterfield Trophy. @Distraqted we love ya buddy but its CHICKEN NUGGET OP SZN. @TheNortoriousBIG ya should’ve gave it to @Jyuhnn just for that very reason.

Well, that concludes Lucente and Chel’s very first article together. All in all, it was a great season and we hope next season is even better. Honourable mentions goes out to @memphisonfire …. He should’ve decided the end of season trophies, not these CHL scrubs.

Fathog Gang out

P.S. Cup check

@Dark_side0895 thanks for @leftbench671 he did great job in this one playoff game where he let 3 goals in on 3 shots. Great goaltender!

• Winner x 10
    • Funny x 4
    • Get Good x 2
    • Dumb x 2
    • Like x 1
    • Troll x 1
    • Informative x 1
    No Streaming Account
  2. Jyuhnn

Jyuhnn Well-Known Member

Discord:
    jyuhnn#0
    Ratings:
    +496 / 59 / -172
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    No Streaming Account
  3. FatHogChelly

FatHogChelly Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Chelly#1573
    Ratings:
    +323 / 6 / -69
    • Informative Informative x 1
    Chel_Legend
  4. MDConMan

MDConMan Shoutbox G

Discord:
    MDConMan#9425
    Ratings:
    +185 / 7 / -36
    Post to come from me, my award selections weren’t even used. And I wasn’t on the Media team when the AllStars were selected, but I understand the sentiment had I been. I’m sorry you feel slighted and I understand. I’d apologize on behalf of the Media Team but seeing as everything I contributed was tossed aside and had my name removed from the Media Award, don’t exactly feel like I can speak on their behalf.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    MDConMan
  5. AdderallxAdmiral

AdderallxAdmiral Warning Group

Ratings:
    +864 / 61 / -102
    Lol seeing calder winners cry after an amazing season is a first... this aint the nba where they just give mvp to the best player of the best team. Only thing I agree with this shit post is kessely's mention.

Great players make less of a difference on great teams period... Why you mfs think I won MVP with stackton but not with cudas?

• Winner Winner x 7
    • Like Like x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    call_me_pasta
  6. AdderallxAdmiral

Ratings:
    +864 / 61 / -102
    Until then... I wanna see more pelley tities

• Funny Funny x 2
    call_me_pasta
  7. Sumaaa--

Sumaaa-- Washed is the new meta.

Ratings:
    +441 / 22 / -58
    welp, better then no media.

sumaaaaaaaa
  8. Jyuhnn

Jyuhnn Well-Known Member

Discord:
    jyuhnn#0
    Ratings:
    +496 / 59 / -172
    • Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    No Streaming Account
  9. Markz51

Markz51 Don't Hassle Me. I'm Local.

Discord:
    markz_51#0
    Ratings:
    +702 / 11 / -21
    I think the whole reason the awards were "re-done" last season was because the analytics used by the group responsible for handing them out ( @memphisonfire and @Meestah Don ) favored the Calder winning Rampage. BOGs went and re-issued the awards based on the LG format and criteria that they wanted used. It looks like the media group in charge this season went for diversity and did not just give every award to the Calder winning Americans to avoid a repeat fiasco of last season.

This sheds a light on a bigger issue, though. It's actually quite embarrassing the lack of media presence the NHL and AHL have on the PSN side. Xbox puts us to shame. And let's not use the crutch that Xbox has been around longer. When we have to have a CHL owner (@Dark_side0895 ) come in and do AHL awards with what I would assume is little to no knowledge of the AHL playerbase, it is pretty sad and I can't blame the guy if the community doesn't agree with the choices made.

For a long time the AHL would rely on @TeeSibs to provide any and all media entertainment and analysis. But at the end of the day, while the product that Sibs put out was great and certainly appreciated, it's way too much for one person to cover. I know I, along with others, have helped Sibs in the past on radio shows and podcasts, but for every 1 player who would praise the work done by media, there will be another 2 or 3 crying about the quality or the content provided. Some will even go as far to say that this community does not deserve to have media. In some ways I can agree with them with how harsh the critics are, and that's unfortunate. Just look at some of the comments in this thread that was posted asking the NHL community to help with media a few weeks ago:

https://www.leaguegaming.com/forums/index.php?threads/lghl-psn-media-call-to-arms.288037/

And while Chel and Lucente's thread here may be wildly biased towards their own team, at least it is something to read and discuss. It would be nice to see many more members of the community step up to the plate on a consistent basis and provide something. Anything. Whether if we like what they have to say or not, it is something to discuss and debate over. I've seen some of the work that @mikenaughty and @AffordableDreams have done with that magazine they put together and it's another good contribution. @memphisonfire and @ClumsyTurtle13 do a great job breaking down statistics. But we need more.

Here's to hoping for a better future.

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 3
    Markz_51
  10. Lxcente

Lxcente Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Lucente#7288
    Ratings:
    +103 / 12 / -16
    We made a post pointing out how shit the media team did this season with all star team and end of season trophies.

Take notes @Pasta_in_my_nose

• Get Good Get Good x 2
    No Streaming Account
  11. AdderallxAdmiral

Ratings:
    +864 / 61 / -102
    • Get Good Get Good x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    call_me_pasta
  12. ceeg87

ceeg87 Shirk made me a cake to tell me I suck.

Discord:
    ceegzki#6994
    Ratings:
    +118 / 6 / -14
    I don’t know the player base well enough and I certainly am not analyzing stats in the way that others graciously have for us, but seeing that the awards thread was posted and immediately locked gave me an odd feeling. As though the post said these are the awards, we are above reproach, and like it or leave it. I can’t think of another season where the awards have been posted and locked before anyone can make a comment, be it congratulating a teammate/friend or screaming that everything is rigged. Also an award given by the commish and media director being handed to the media team is straight laughable, at least partially because I don’t even recall media until the trade deadline. Scratch that, I remember the pre-season Tyler and Tyler rankings, Mass posting his stats analysis EVERY WEEK, as well as random posts throughout the season by members.

That all said we don’t have media because we don’t respect media, plain and simple. Yes it’s embarrassing, but it’s also deserved. I have watched (and spoken to) person after person that puts forth honestly ridiculous amounts of time as a volunteer to provide us something to read or watch, then get railroaded. Railroaded by both the community and staff, whether it be the community crying that they or their buddy didn’t get selected or staff responding to the cries and re-doing awards themselves. Same reason we don’t feel represented appropriately in awards and ASG. It’s not changing until at least we as a community step up and consistently provide content and support the content that is provided to us by us.

Robocrow123
  13. gcampbell13

gcampbell13 Career CHL TC

Ratings:
    +638 / 63 / -95
    They did just as bad in CHL too.

• Winner Winner x 1
    gcampbell13
  14. Studs-7

Studs-7 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    кяанишщтюсрплчшкывещ#8820
    Ratings:
    +163 / 15 / -20
    Rochester in 4

• Like Like x 2
    No Streaming Account
  15. LG McDonald

LG McDonald Director of Hockey Operations

Discord:
    McDonald#2877
    Ratings:
    +12,040 / 113 / -852
    The media team was assigned the task of handling the awards via the criteria that was developed many seasons ago by top tier NHL players.

I stand behind the awards and how the media team handled said awards.

The community needs to understand two things. First off, awards even if they are stat based can be EXTREMELY subjective. All of us have our own opinions which are bias based on who we played against, who we played with and people that we simply don't value in our community. Secondly, if you want more of a say or have more involve on things like awards, JOIN THE MEDIA TEAM!

It is too easy to "arm chair" quarterback things like media and awards.

It would be nice to see the community put as much effort into media as they do bitching about the VOLUNTEER work that some of our more dedicated members do.

TLDR;

Don't complaining, step up to the plate and contribute something of relevance to the community.

• Winner Winner x 5
    • Like Like x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
    LeagueGamingOfficial
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.