The People's Champ Mock Draft S33

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming Hockey League (LGHL)' started by GrizGoal, May 21, 2019.

1. GrizGoal

GrizGoal Esports Commentary

Discord:
    Griz#1745
    Ratings:
    +525 / 22 / -36
    Welcome to The People's Champ Mock Draft for S33. Enclosed you will find almost 7400 words of mostly bullshit, but you'll keep reading anyways. I wanted to put a quick disclaimer in that these picks are based off of where I believe these prospects should go 1-31 based on talent, rather than individual team need. The records and stats shown are based off of their entire CHL career to date, including playoffs. A lot of teams will be trading up and down before the draft, so that is why this mock is based on prospect skills, not team need.

*Second Disclaimer* I tried to keep up with 1sts getting traded and team swaps but fell behind so the teams are whatever they are don't @ me. This is my second mock draft hope you guys enjoy! To those that I may have missed in my mock, too bad fuck you. However, I still wish you the best.

To the many managers and teammates of the players on this list that helped me in my efforts to deliver this detailed mock draft, I couldn’t have done it without you, thank you. Special shoutout to @WingelsDGC for his prospect thread. That was a monumental help.

:team14:Washington Capitals:team14:, you're on the clock

Pick #1: :team14:Washing Capitals:team14: @LemeIin (RD) :team638:

0-0-0, 0 Points, 0 Goals, 0 Assists, +0, 0 Hits, 0.00 PIM, 0 SH %, 0 TA

ESHL Stats

52-14-12, 77 Points, 1 Goal, 76 Assists, +72, 410 Hits, 46:00 PIMs, 204 TA

The undisputed first pick in S33 should go to none other than one of the best in the game, Lemelin. He tore up the lower league this season finishing his CHL career undefeated. While Lemelin went under a little controversy in his first CHL season by overcoming a ban via appeal, his ESHL success is unquestioned. Lemelin is a game changing generational defenseman & will jump right into the fire as a top d-man on a salary friendly 2 mil contract. He is a top esports d-man who plays at a high level at all aspects of the game and will solidify the backend of any LGHL team. Do not expect Lemelin to light the lamp as a d-man with 1 goal in 80 games, but has proven he can drop dimes and rip turds with the best of them with almost an assist per game average. Lemelin is the guy you want locking down the right side against the best in the game, and rarely makes mistakes. Whether it means carrying the puck to break a trap, finding the quick outlet for a heads up odd man rush, or flat out frustrating the opposition with great positioning, timely interceptions and squeezing forwards off on the boards making zone entries impossible, Lemelin is top dog. Lemelin plays the game with extremely high hockey IQ, and will be a true number 1 dman for seasons to come.

Pick #2 :team8:Colorado Avalanche:team8:: @Doughty x I8I (LD) :team467:

0-0-0, 0 Points, 0 Goals, 0 Assists, +0, 0 Hits, 0.00 PIM, 0 SH %, 0 TA

ESHL Stats

64-21-12, 81 Points, 5 Goal, 76 Assists, +91, 354 Hits, 81:00 PIMs, 200 TA

Doughty is not just a consolation prize for the losers of the draft lottery. Doughty locks down the left side on what is one of the most lethal d-pairs in esports alongside Lemelin. He also leaves the CHL undefeated as he looks to make the jump to the bigs. Doughty will come out of the draft as an immediate top pair defenseman and has many similar qualities to Lemelin as mentioned above, most importantly hockey IQ. Doughty always looks to make the right pass at the right time, rarely missing a step. Another true “quarterback” of the defense, Doughty offers the team that drafts him an immediate game 7 defenseman who will shut down the best in the game night after night. I would not be surprised to see a blockbuster trade or two that involve one team with both the 1st and 2nd pick to grab this nearly unbeatable dpair at 2 mil a piece.

Pick #3 :team8:Colorado Avalanche:team8:: @Beaudy x 91 (RW) :team627:

48-4-4, 218 Points, 115 Goals, 103 Assists, +113, 208 Hits, 45:00 PIM, 39.2 SH%, 112 TA

When it comes to a players ability to produce, Beaudy is at the top of the class in regards to his ability to put the puck in the back of the net as well as set up teammates. This all around offensive juggernaut boasted an impressive 218 points in 56 games, good for 3.9 points per game during his CHL career. Beaudy contributed on an impressive 75.5% of all goals scored that he played in last season with the Everblades. Beaudy seemed destined for the bigs after a 21-1-2, 103 point rookie season, but emotions got the better of him after a loss to Moncton legend :team365: @Schwifty7 :team365: and he was served a ban that removed him from roster before the season ended, removing him from draft eligibility. Beaudy was forced to play another season in the CHL and did not disappoint with a 20-2-2, 80 point effort on a team that seemed destined for a mem cup until the team was blindsided by Louie C3 being banned for being a second tag, eliminating them from mem cup.

I have played with and against Beaudy many times, and there is not much he can't offer his team. While his specialty is driving the biscuit home, make no mistake that Beaudy can move the rock just as well. He is not a player that will look you off. He cares about scoring first and foremost and if you’re in a position to score, Beaudy will find you and deliver you the puck on a silver platter. Beaudy can do some damage when he sets up shop behind the net. He has great vision setting up teammates in front for easy goals. He is able to thread the needle on passes that require split second timing when lane opens in front. In my only LG game with Beaudy, he absolutely dominated the opposition, using his patience and ability to carry the puck to set up dime after dime from all over the ice with 4 assists on my 5 goals.

Beaudy’s will beat you with vision and patience, and that’s one thing that separates him from the pack. Beaudy can use his thumbs to not only put his defender in the spin cycle and drive to the net for a dunk, but to open up teammates for grade A scoring chances. When it comes to hockey IQ Beaudy is right up there with the best of them, and makes the right play more often than not. Beaudy is an absolute play-maker who is great at the game and will be the first to let you know that he’s the best rw in the C. However with upside, Beaudy also comes with a set of locker room issues and cancerous tendencies that should be highlighted. He has already taken one ban in his brief LG career, and there are rumors swinging that he may quit again. Being able to play with his esports teammate in Kovalchuck on the Avs may be enough for him to stay level headed, but time will tell. Beaudy may have a reputation for being cancerous at times, but the N is a whole different ball game and Beaudy’s talent is high enough to take a risk on to add an elite scoring threat if he chooses to stay in the league and not quit.

Pick #4 :team77:Nashville Predators:team77:: @MacDonaldI97I (C) :team365:

32-8-2, 105 Points, 45 Goals, 60 Assists, +55, 168 Hits, 35:00 PIM, 101 TA

Defense Stats: 14-7-2, 35 Points, 7 Goals, 28 Assists, +6, 14:00 PIMs, 58 TA

MacDonald is no stranger to playing at an extremely competitive level as he is one of a few hut freaks in this draft. MacDonald is skilled at both defense and forward, winning a memorial cup in S30 with the Brandon Wheat Kings. MacDonald has chosen to enter the draft at C. I had the pleasure of playing a number of games with MacDonald this season, and his skill was always on display. MacDonald may not be the franchise “Lem” or “Doughty” but he is absolutely worth a top pick in this draft. He is great at carrying the puck, and can be relied on heavily to use his thumbs to break through the trap and gain zone entry. Even if you appear to be covered but streaking up the boards, MacDonald will still find you and hit you in stride by saucing the puck off the boards and onto your tape as you edge out the defender.

MacDonald is reliable defensively, using tight positioning to hold the blue line and force defenders into the boards causing a turnover. One of MacDonald’s biggest assets is his ability to make plays from the point offensively. MacDonald accels in using his thumbs to create open space from the point, where he will either hit you for a back door one T, or create space to throw a turd with traffic in front for a greasy tip goal. Don't be shocked if you occasionally see him LT through an entire team and go for a dunk as well though. MacDonald was weighed down this season in Moncton playing with CHLers for life like myself, but anyone that has played with him in 6s or VS knows that he will be an immediate asset to any team, and considering how much he played with me, there’s no worry for an ego on this one. He has no issues making the jump to the N next season. He may get frustrated at times, but he just wants to play at a high level and win games.

Pick #5 :team9:Dallas Stars:team9:: @Bardown Beauty (C) :team365:

11-1-1 51 Points, 26 Goals, 25 Assists, +35, 13 Hits, 4:00 PIMs, 56.2 FO%, 44.1 SH%, 33 TA

I had the pleasure of jumping in Bardowns backpack this season. It's actually quite incredible that he put up the numbers he did playing with guys like me and Schwifty on a regular basis. Bardown might be flying under the radar, but make no mistake, Bardown is the real deal. He contributed on 76.1% of his lines goals this season, and has no issues blowing by defenders with precisely timed LT cuts. Bardown drives his lines offensive plays, and he is the one you want with the puck as much as possible. He straight up makes play after play after play. Bardown could deke his way out of a crowded phone booth, and then sauce a soft tap in dime from the other side of zone just to ensure the goalie has absolutely no chance of saving it. His hockey IQ is off the charts, and he is an all around chill guy that you want in your locker room. Whether it be making defenders look silly en route to a dunk, or using his thumbs to open lanes for his teammates and drop dimes for easy goals, Bardown is all over the ice and will make an easy transition to any NHL squad.

Pick # 6 :team18:Buffalo Sabres:team18:: @crisse de cave (C) :team414:

21-5-1, 99 Points, 42 Goals, 57 Assists, +59, 128 Hits, 26:00 PIMs, 57.8 FO% 30.7 SH%, 72 TA

Crisse de cave played a crucial role in one of the most lethal offensive units in the CHL. This playmaking center absolutely shredded teams last season, posting a 17-5-1 88 point regular season and 4-0 11 point playoff run. When his line was unable to blow by defenders with smooth LTs, they were more than capable of transitioning to muck and grind in the corners and throw the puck to the D for greasy tips and rebound shots. With an impressive scoring factor of 81.5, Crisse was able to contribute on 81.5% of the goals his line scored, using his thumbs to create space for himself and teammates alike, never shying away from making the unselfish pass to put the puck in the net and secure the win. Crisse also proved to be reliable at the faceoff dot, winning 57.8% of his draws over his first CHL season. It will be interesting to see how Crisse does without his trusty linemate SWAT krakenQc. He will make a case for a roster spot on an NHL team looking for scoring depth, but may fall to the AHL first, much like the rapidz.

Pick #7 :team21:Tampa Bay Lightning:team21:: @SWAT krakenQc (LW) :team414:

21-2-1, 99 Points, 53 Goals, 46 Assists, +73, 100 Hits, 39:00 PIM, 39.6% SH%, 68 TA

SWAT kraken actually had a higher ppg than Crisse, averaging 4.13 points per game over Crisse 3.67 ppg during their first LG season including playoffs. However, kraken played a role in a lower percentage of all goals their line scored over the season, with a scoring factor of 76.4. Much like Crisse, kraken has high hockey iq, thumbs that send defenders packing, and has no issues lighting the lamp. Kraken should contest for a roster spot in the NHL next season, but may find himself spending some time in the AHL first. There is some speculation that there are cancerous tendencies with kraken, so be advised.

Pick #8 :team27:New York Islanders:team27:: @Zee6o (LD) :team423:

18-3-3, 14 Points, 1 Goals, 13 Assists, +18, 113 Hits, 8:00 PIM, 60 TA

With the 8th overall pick the Islanders are getting an absolute shutdown d in Zee6o. Some may see this as a bit of a reach, or a controversial pick because while Zee60 had a great win rate, his other stats don’t jump off the page and yell top 10 draft pick. Zee is a guy that won’t get baited into tripping penalties and stays discipline throughout his games shown by his just 8 PIMs in 24 games. Zee will not put up great offensive numbers, with only 14 points on the season, but can be relied on to keep the other team off the scoreboard, and heckle wingers that try to enter the zone. Think of xxDreamkillerxx from last season's draft. With only 102 giveaways in 24 games, Zee takes care of the puck and makes sure that his passes connect. He is able to fend off pressure on the breakout and make the outlet pass up ice with ease. Zee also proved to be effective with his first taste of the bigs, going 3-0 with the Avalanche as an ecu last season. While this is a small sample size, it is still an encouraging sign that Zee will be able to contend for a roster spot in the N next season.

Pick #9 :team75:Chicago Blackhawks:team75:: @hTz iNasty (LW) :team463:

38-18-4, 192 Points, 90 Goals, 102 Assists, +71, 126 Hits, 36:00 PIM, 34.1 SH %, 132 TA

HTz iNasty is a player that was overlooked in the S32 draft after an average 11-10-3, 56 point effort, but took full advantage of his sophomore season in the CHL. iNasty boasted an 18-5-1 record, and was the only player in S32 to top the 100 point mark with 101. There is speculation out there that Nasty’s production jump is solely due to playing with another top draft pick in lxl Swerve lxl, but his incredible 86.3 scoring factor would beg to differ. This number shows that iNasty effectively contributed in 86.3% of all goals scored in games he played. While iNasty was no stranger to being an absolute offensive threat, he did give the puck away 400 times this season, good for 16.7 times per game on average. Take this stat with a grain of salt as many believe that the GA/TA system is broken.

Sherbrooke's offense ran through iNasty and he was relied on for zone entries, which could be a direct cause of his high amount of turnovers. His 102 career assists gives him an average of 1.7 assists per game, showing that while the offense runs through him, he is more than willing to move the rock to make plays and put the puck in the back of the net. Just don’t put him at Center, where he is 0-3 with a 31.6 FO%. iNasty, like Beaudy, can beat you in many ways. He has thumbs for days, and can beat you with wicked LTs or high IQ passes to the open guy. It’s possible that iNasty drops down the leaderboards again but he is a premier player and should have no issues making the jump next season.

Pick #10 :team27:New York Islanders:team27:: @DeathByDecay (LD) :team445:

22-4-1, 28 Points, 5 Goals, 23 Assists, +48, 165 Hits, 28:00 PIM, 62 TA

DeathbyDecay is one of the premier depth defenseman available in this draft looking to crack an NHL roster. With an impressive 21-2-1 regular season, Death averaged just over a point per game, showing that he is more than a cornerstone shutdown defenseman.He was extremely poised with the puck, making sure he connected on his passes, as shown by his miniscule 117 giveaways on the season. Death made life difficult for opposing wingers with strong neutral zone and blue line play, and is not afraid to step up and pinch guys on the boards to stop an opposing rush, as shown by his 165 hits in 27 games. Deaths defensive skills are showcased by his 1.58 goals allowed per game, and +48 on the season. He will look to make the jump next season and should contend for a depth roster spot.

Pick #11 :team391:Winnipeg Jets:team391:: @PolarPenguin (RD) :team445:

22-4-1, 33 Points, 4 Goals, 29 Assists, +46, 103 Hits, 21:00 PIM, 73 TA

Polar possesses many of the same qualities as his S32 linemate DeathbyDecay, but there are a few differences. Polar is a bit more careless with the puck, with 232 giveaways in 27 games, essentially doubling Death’s giveaways per game. He doesn’t hit as much as Death, with 62 less hits, but had more takeaways as well as less penalty minutes. Polar also pitched in a bit more offensively, providing 33 points in 27 games, over Deaths 28 points in 27 games. I am not sure which of these two will be off the board first this upcoming draft, but I wouldn’t rule it for a team to make a trade that allows them to acquire both parts of this shutdown defensive unit.

Pick #12 :team17:Vancouver Canucks:team17:: @ReV Hellcat (RD) :team466:

39-17-2, 44 Points, 12 Goals, 32 Assists, +49, 228 Hits, 42:00 PIMs, 157 TA

ESHL Stats:

29-13-5, 32 Points, 4 Goals, 28 Assists, +40, 224 Hits, 28:00 PIMs, 136 TA

With Vancouver’s first of three straight, they pick up a dynamic defenseman who is solid in all areas of the game. She (yes she) understands position, rotation, and gap control extremely well which allows her to pinch oncoming forwards into the boards and cause a turnover. Hellcat has great stick skills to accompany her positioning, and isn’t afraid to put pucks on net. Hellcat has put together together two very good CHL seasons, including 16-6-2, 22 point effort in S32. Hellcat has also been effective in ESHL play, where she is 29-10-5 with 32 points on 4 goals and 28 assists, and an impressive +46 during the regular season. Hellcat has two areas of concern going into the draft. The first area includes having patience on the breakout, as she is prone to forcing a pass and causing a bad turnover as represented by her 199 giveaways in S32. The second biggest concern is taking poorly timed frustration penalties when things are not going her way, as shown by her 26:00 PIMs in the S32 regular season. If she can improve these two areas moving forward she will be an immediate asset to the Vancouver organization.

Pick #13 :team17:Vancouver Canucks:team17:: @Niixps (C) :team451:

39-13-4, 173 Points, 83 Goals, 90 Asisists, +79, 133 Hits, 46:00PIMs, 49.2 FO%, 39.8 S% 151 TA

S32 Stats:

19-6-3, 88 Points, 48 Goals, 40 Assists, +35, 107 Hits, 29:00 PIMs, 50.7 FO%, 38.8 SH%, 72 TA

With Vancouver’s second of three straight 1st rounders, they select Niixps from Sarnia. Niixps had an impressive offensive outing for Sarnia with 71 points in 23 games, scoring on an impressive 38.8% of his shots. Even more impressive than his shooting percentage is his scoring factor. Niixps contributed on 82.6% of his team's goals in games he played in. Niixps and linemate TMLP absolutely tore up the CHL this season, implementing a strong cycle game that often resulted in putting the puck in the back of the net. Vancouver’s stockpile of picks will allow @Lazy to put together a chemistry line that will be an asset to their organization, especially if they can quickly develop into NHLers.

Pick #14 :team17:Vancouver Canucks:team17:: @l TMLP l (RW) :team451:

20-5-2, 89 Points, 46 Goals, 43 Assists, +30, 123 Hits, 49:00 PIMs, 39.1.4 SH%, 81 TA

With Vancouver’s third straight first rounder, they draft Niixps linemate in TMLP. This duo has undeniable chemistry and moves the puck well. This pick will allow @Fawst to complete his chemistry line for S33, as they look to improve on last season through the draft. He also had an impressive S32, gathering 89 points in 27 games including playoffs. TMLP replicated the scoring factor of his linemate, playing a roll in 82.1% of goals his line scored. These two players undoubtedly drove the offense their line created, and I fully expect these two players to stick together come draft day. One of the knocks on this line is that while they play a style that should translate well to upper leagues both offensively and defensively, they take too many penalties. Between the two of them they gathered a whopping 95 PIMs. If they plan on making the jump they will have to be more disciplined, as NHLers will make you pay for taking careless penalties.

Pick #15 :team18:Buffalo Sabres:team18:: @P3P1N x 89 (RW) :team467:

16-7-1, 83 Points, 38 Goals, 45 Assists, +40, 182 Hits, 43:00 PIMs, 33.0 SH%, 54 TA

With the 15th pick the Sabres get a solid forward in P3P1N. He was apart of the only line that yielded any production on an otherwise abysmal team. He put together an 82 point regular season. PEP1N has all the offensive tools at his disposal,whether it be great thumbs and LT cuts, give and go’s, or quick one touch passes. I think playing with higher caliber players could really help him blossom into something special. He factored in on 76.6% of goals his line scored, and was ruthless in creating offense for a team that had none. P3P1N should try and stay out of the penalty box, as he took 43:00 PIMs in S32, which likely played a roll in his 2.95 goals against per game on average. This wasn’t as big of an issue in the CHL, as the games he played averaged 4.86 goals for per game on average, but that likely won't be the case in the NHL. P3P1N will contend for a roster spot but may find himself in the AHL for a season.

Pick #16 :team27:New York Islanders:team27:: @xXRuderXx (RD) :team365:

21-8-1, 34 Points, 5 Goals, 29 Assists, +20, 122 Hits, 22:00 PIMs, 104 TA

With the 16th pick, the Islanders take another defenseman in Ruder. I played some games with Ruder during my time with Moncton, and he always gives you a chance to win games. He locks down the right side and knows how to angle opposition into the boards and hold the blue line, as well as using his defensive stick to sweep the puck from the opposing forward. Ruders 89 regular season takeaways were 4th most among the entire CHL is S32. In addition to fending off the oncoming rush, Ruder has proved important in creating offense for his line, averaging 1.13 points per game. Ruder is effective at sidestepping his man in the offensive zone and using the open space to get a shot through traffic for a tip chance or rebound. I believe that Ruder is an undervalued defenseman and could absolutely see him running an AHL top defensive unit if he is unable to crack an NHL roster this season, but I wouldn’t count him out just yet. However, his 3-16-3 ESHL record could be a red flag for some owners, so it is up to Ruder to overcome his first eshl season if he wants to play in upper leagues.

Pick #17 :team17:Vancouver Canucks:team17:: @T R I C K x9 (RW) :team456:

16-4-1 54 Points, 22 Goals, 32 Assists, +17, 28 Hits, 6:00 PIMs, 22.9 SH%, 66 TA

The 17th pick is Vancouver’s fourth pick in the first round. With this pick Vancouver takes the first of and catalyst to the Acadie Bathurst Titan “rookie” line that had an unreal 9-0-2 playoff run that landed them a game shy of the memorial cup. Over the regular season Trick averaged 2.57 points per game, using his thumbs to create space for himself and teammates. Trick makes smart plays on both ends of the ice, and flat out knows how to score. With only 6:00 PIMs in the regular season, he made sure to keep his team playing 5 on 5 hockey. Trick sometimes fails to make the simple play and gets outworked in the corners. Could work on his wraps. downsides was one that plagued many of the Titan team. After going up 3-0 in the mem cup final, he got a bit too overconfident and cocky, and ended up never reaching that 4th win in a reverse sweep win for the Ice Dogs. While Vancouver gets a skilled offensive winger that plays a team game, they will also get an unmatched shoutbox presence as Trick looks to make a run at this NHL roster. I wouldn’t be shocked if Trick is taken higher in the draft with the buzz this line circulated.

Pick #18 :team27:New York Islanders:team27:: @CH1l1X (LW) :team445:

21-4-3, 71 Points, 47 Goals, 24 Assists, +50, 88 Hits, 20:00 PIMs, 28.5 SH%, 84 TA

CH1L1X enjoyed a fantastic 21-2-1, 65 point regular season effort in his first CHL season. While he did not replicate this success in a round 1 upset, he certainly knows how to light the lamp, finishing 3rd among prospects in goals scored with 44 regular season goals. He benefited from playing with DeathbyDecay and PolarPenguin, but when you win 21 games in a season, you most certainly did something right. CH1L1X may not be the most fancy of the bunch, but he contributed on 75.6% of the goals his line scored, and having that “go to” guy you can count on to finish off possessions by putting the puck in the net is crucial for any line looking for success.

Pick #19 :team17:Vancouver Canucks:team17:: @Steeler8820 (C) :team456:

14-6-1, 42 Points, 22 Goals, 20 Assists, +14, 212 Hits, 12:00 PIMs, FO% 54.7%, 27.2 SH% 34 TA

Playoffs

9-0-2, 22 Points, 13 Goals, 9 Assists, +12, 109 Hits, 4:00 PIMs, 56.7 FO%, 31 SH%, 25 TA

With the 19th pick Vancouver takes the Center from the Titan rookie line. Steeler is a former top hut player with thumbs to match. He is a shoutbox warrior through and through, and his ego may be a cause for concern to some. He prides himself on being a spectacular defensive forward that traps well and hits hard. Steeler has great vision who and is also comfortable on LW. Will sometimes over complicate his play causing unnecessary turnovers, but has the ability to dangle through guys to get to the net. Steeler's massive 6’7 Power Forward build allows him to come out of the corners with the puck as well as set up shop in front and engage net front battles that result in a lot of tip/rebound tap in goals. Don’t expect him to hit many one timers, but he will surprise you with well timed wraps.

One stat that jumps out at me is that he had 212 hits, only 12:00 PIMs in the regular season, and 109 hits and 4:00 PIMs. With 320 hits vs 19:00 PIMs in the AHL this season, I can most certainly appreciate someone who can send people to the ice with bone crushing hits without putting his team on the penalty kill. Played a huge roll as a defensive center in averaging 1 goal against in final 8 playoff games. Steeler ended the season 15-0-2 in his last 16 games including playoffs, and will look to crack an NHL roster despite his low regular season point total. Would not be surprised to see a “Dame and Betty” situation where his shoutbox presence bumps up his draft stock inside the top 15.

Pick #20 :team15:San Jose Sharks:team15:: @lxChowder71xl (RW) :team466:

22-4-4, 92 Points, 40 Goals, 52 Assists, +44, 43 Hits, 6:00 PIMs, 35.6 SH%, 87 TA

Chowder has potential to be taken much higher in this draft but I believe there are some gambles owners take that result in this great value late 1st round pick falling. He went 17-3-4 in the regular season with 76 points. Chowder accels in the transition game and looks to burry off the rush, but has no problems setting up shop and cycling the puck. One thing he needs to work on is his vision and patience behind the net. Chowder averaged 13.79 giveaways over the 24 regular season games and could lower this by making smarter plays with the puck behind the net. With only 6:00 PIMs in 30 games including playoffs in S32 Chowder ensures he stays on the ice to produce for his team and not put them in a bad situation. Chowder drove the offensive play for his line, contributing on 80% of the goals his line buried. Chowder has no issues committing to the trap and a defensive game, which could prove useful if he is able to make the jump.

Pick #21 :team11:Edmonton Oilers:team11:: @ALPHA Guerilla2 :team375:

48-16-4, 45 Points, 3 Goals, 42 Assists, +85, 274 Hits, 90:00 PIMs, 176 TA

At pick 21, Edmonton Oilers get great value in a Memorial Cup Champion. Alpha Guerrilla was the leader (alpha if you will) of his dpair. He was responsible for keeping Bass Cannon at bay and keeping his line honest and committing to a defense first game. He was able to shut down the right side and produced a 20-3-1 regular season with the Ice Dogs. This regular season success was mirrored with an 11-1-0 post season resulting in winning the mem cup after losing the mem cup finals with the Moncton Wildcats in S31. Alpha wont contribute much offensively, as shown by his 17 regular season points in 24 games, so pairing him with an offensive defenseman would be best. He can be trusted to take care of the puck in his own end, and uses his patience and vision to hit the open man on the breakouts. Alpha led a defensive unit that absolutely smothered teams, holding the opposition to 1.38 goals against per game. Alpha is a poised defenseman who is also a great locker room guy. He could contend for an NHL roster in the right situation, but may find himself running a top defensive unit in the AHL in S33.

Pick #22 :team14:Washington Capitals:team14:: @ThAtZ CyLvEr (C) :team469:

22-1-2, 23 Points, 1 Goals, 22 Assists, +50, 32 Hits, 14:00 PIMs, 71 TA

The 22nd pick sees ThAtZ CyLvEr taken off the board. This elite shutdown d-man turned C is an all around unit that will have no issues increasing his scoring with the switch to forward. Cylver contributed to just under a point per game as a defenseman, but has tremendous offensive upside with his switch to C. Cylver was apart of Drakkars 22 win line, an impressive feat no matter the position. He is as good, if not better at C than he is at defense. With his defensive mindset he will have no issues matching up against high powered offenses and shutting them down with a sweaty trap. Sharks get great value in a pick that falls because of his position change.

Pick #23 :team30:Minnesota Wild:team30:: @EAAAAAAAAAAAARL (LD) :team448:

18-5-1, 18 Points, 1 Goals, 17 Assists, +36, 85 Hits, 2:00 PIM, 75 TA

With the 23rd pick, Minnesota pick up a reliable defender in Earl. He isn't much of an offensive threat, but does contribute here and there with 18 points in 24 games. Where Earl really shines is his ability to take away the puck from the opposition, as well as taking care of the puck when he has it. Along with his 75 takeaways in S32, he only had 95 giveaways, a true testament to his ability to make the easy pass and not crack under pressure or force a pass that isn't there. Another outstanding stat is Earl’s incredibly low 2:00 PIMs in 24 games. When you combine his 85 hits, and 75 takeaways with only one penalty minute, Earl preaches everything you want as a defenseman. Take away the puck, take care of the puck, and be disciplined. This unique combination of defensive tools will allow Earl to compete for a roster spot on the Wild.

Pick #24 :team17:Vancouver Canucks:team17:: @DDezo (RW) :team639:

24-5-3, 85 Points, 33 Goals, 52 Assists, +26, 131 Hits, 18:00 PIMs, 82 TA

The Canucks grab another forward with pick #24 in DDezo. DDezo enjoyed an 18 win, 69 point regular season for the Walleye. He is a highly skilled shoot first forward, but a selfish one that often finds himself holding the puck too long as a result. DDezo had no problems racking up points using his thumbs to get to the net as shown by his 69 point effort in S32. He contributed on 69.7% of the goals his line scored last season. While DDezo did net 44 assists in the regular season, he often will only pass the puck when absolutely necessary, or when he knows there’s a high chance of an assist off the pass. Another knock on DDezo is that he does not take criticism very well, and has a bit of an ego. When DDezo is actually utilizing his teammates they often dominated the opposition. That is one thing that he will need to do more consistently if he intends on moving up next season.

Pick #25 :team17:Vancouver Canucks:team17:: @l Pothier l 9 l (RW) :team467:

36-30-2, 173 Points, 104 Goals, 69 Assists, +24 168 Hits, 79:00 PIMs, 40.6% SH%, 135 TA

S32

16-6-1, 69 Points, 43 Goals, 26 Assists, +33, 51 Hits, 30:00 PIMs, 40.2 SH%, 51 TA

Pothier has been around the league since S26, but did not find himself playing a full season of games until S31, where he had 42 points in 18 games. S32 was where Pothier really came out of his shell. He had a dominant 43 goal effort good for 4th most among prospects in S32. Pothier played wing opposite PEP1N for much of the season, and was an obvious beneficiary as a result. Playing with P3P1N allowed Pothier to unlock some of his hidden potential and be one of the few bright spots on an otherwise disgruntled, mediocre Quebec Remparts team. Pothiers ability to shoot and score on high percentage looks is displayed by his 40.2% shooting percentage is S32. Not only did Pothier score at a high percentage, but he also contributed to 63.9% of his lines goals scored. While not as dominant as PEP1N, this is still a high value pick. Pothier took 30:00 PIMs in S30, a number he would like to lower as he attempts to move up out of the depths of the CHL.

Pick #26 :team391:Winnipeg Jets:team391:: @Jimnov (LW) :team469:

16-6-4, 41 Points, 19 Goals, 22 Assists, +7, 120 Hits, 26:00 PIMs, 20.7 S% 73 TA

At pick 26 the Jets pick up @P0RT0V prodigy in the making in Jimnov. Jimnov is a pass first, defensively responsible forward that has no selfish tendencies on the ice. Whether it be moving the puck quick on the breakout, or hitting the D on the point after zone entry, Jim will find you. He uses his hockey iq to implement one touches rather than turning the puck over by holding it too long. If there is a pass to be made, he’s going to hit you with a tape to tape pass. Jimnov finished S32 with a respectable 16 win, 41 point effort. While these numbers are not spectacular, there is value to be had in Jimnov. Jimnov was a factor in 59.4% of the goals his line scored, a number he would like to see get closer to the 70% mark.

One advanced stat that shows Jimnov’s worth is his Own End Efficiency. Jimnov’s OEE is 3:04, meaning it takes opposing teams 3:04 of time on attack to score in games he plays. . He takes criticism exceptionally well, and is willing to try new things. I would like to see him become slightly more selfish and take the dunk rather than forcing the cross crease once he uses his thumbs to get by his defender. If Jim is able to adapt to knowing that you can take the puck rather than pass it everytime, he should have no issues moving up.

Pick #27 :team74:Carolina Hurricanes:team74:: @LittleJayXoXoGG (LW) :team456:

21-6-2, 60 Points, 35 Goals, 25 Assists, +22, 35 Hits, 28:00 PIMs, 54 TA

At pick #27, the final member of the Titan rookie line is taken off the board. Jay is a consistent, smart forward that gets rewarded with great positioning. Jay isn't the best at dangling, but always seems to evade his defender and open up for a one timer goal, one that he rarely misses. Jay won’t beat you on fancy dunks or highlight real dekes leading to the goal, but is a solid two way fwd who will score when given the puck on the doorstep. He doesn’t make many mistakes and is relatively disciplined. While Trick and Steeler drove the play for this Titan line, Jay was always where they needed him to be, as he was fed goals by cutting to the slot and finding the open ice. Jay played a roll in 63.5% of the goals his line scored. Jay knows how to trap and win the defensive battle games. He should find similar success at the AHL level if lined up with someone who can feed him.

Pick #28 :team27:New York Islanders:team27:: @FerranteCesare2 (RD) :team380:

18-12-4, 33 Points, 6 Goal, 27 Assists, -22, 73 Hits, 16:00 PIMs, 119 TA

WJC Regular Season

4-1, 13 Points, 3 Goals, 10 Assists, +7, 0:00 PIMs, 13 TA

Ferrante is definitely a sleeper in this draft. He had to put up with two miserable, poorly managed seasons with JuJu On Ice, and still somehow found a way to win a few games. Ferrante went 14-9-1 in S32 on a team that missed playoffs. While Ferrante could only do so much on a team with no support, he never complained and always showed up for his games, doing what he could to win. I want to include a quote from Ferrante because this speaks volume to his character.

“Grateful to have ended up on Everrett, where I have played alongside some great players and good people. Quick note on my owner. Juju is beyond organized, he just doesn't have time for any BS, and I tend to agree with him a lot of the time. That being said, I know we struggled during my first season and a half, but I always told myself that I'd rather help these players win anyway I can and be a part of the solution - vs. - asking for a trade because my LG stats could suffer or we aren't a playoff team, or some other lame excuse that I've heard. I don't care much for personal stats, I just love to win and try and emulate actual hockey (cycling, forechecks, breakouts), rather than some of the BS exploits we see on this game. Shoutout to BenSchwarmer and Ricky, I had so much fun with Team Denmark, those guys were great managers too, and I really liked that group, bummed we only claimed the Silver, but there was a lot of high-level skill on that team.

Really has been a pleasure getting back into the world of EASHL, good luck to everyone this next season. Please treat your management with respect, they are good people who take a lot of crap for no reason whatsoever.

"It’s not that hard to be a good guy." - Bill Guerin Bill Guerin”

These are some powerful words from a guy that had to play two seasons on bad non-playoff teams. Ferrante is the exact type of guy that you want in your locker room, especially if your team is going through a rough patch. When put with decent players, Ferrante acceled, winning silver with Denmark in WJC. Ferrante was a factor on 42.9% of goals his linemates scored, an incredible percentage for a defenseman. Ferrante is defensively responsible, and rarely takes penalties. I would like to see him be a little more patient on the breakout, as his 239 giveaways may be a cause for some concern. Ferrante could surprise some people in the AHL next season if given the opportunity to succeed.

Pick #29 :team391:Winnipeg Jets:team391:: @dducas10 (LW) :team422:

15-5-3, 68 Points, 30 Goal, 38 Assists, +15, 116 Hits, 9:00 PIMs, 29.4 SH% 65 TA

Ducas is a player that was around in season 6 and 8, then disappeared and came back for S32. This is a pick that could definitely come off the board earlier than mentioned here as he earned a 68 point effort in S32. He is a skilled, disciplined forward that will do what it takes to put the puck in the back of the net, whether it be finding teammates for open looks or driving to the net himself for a goal. Dducas factored in on 63.2% of goals his line scored this season. He should make a nice addition to a team looking for AHL depth next season.

Pick #30 :team27:New York Islanders:team27:: @Snow l2l (C) :team414:

20-4-3, 65 Points, 25 Goal, 40 Assists, +32, 98 Hits, 27:00 PIMs, 50.4 FO%, 35.2 SH%, 53 TA

Snow ended the regular season 17-4-3 with 56 points. While there is some controversy of whether or not this is ysnowy’s second tag, ysnowy took an AHL team this season offering a terrific opportunity to pick up his brother Snow l2l to prove all the haters myself included wrong. Snow is a highly skilled creative forward that has no issues moving the rock, or using his thumbs to create space and dangle his way to the net for a highlight finish. Snow should look to be a little more careful with the puck, as he collected 379 giveaways in S32. Snow contributed to 70.9% of his lines goals. He will have no problems transitioning his talents to the AHL.

Pick #31 :team15:San Jose Sharks:team15:: @KnifeVet22 (LW) :team461:

12-12-0, 63 Points, 35 Goals, 28 Assists, -8, 72 Hits, 26:00 PIMs, 52.2 SH%, 43 TA

Knife is a high octane forward that was stuck on a poor Olympiques team that was one of only two out of 16 teams to miss playoffs. Knife managed to go 0.500 on this 25 win team, contributing to 12 of those wins. Knife seemed to be one of the only bright spots on the team all season. Knife had a hand in 78.8% of his lines goals, showing that he drove the production for his line. If given the opportunity to play with better players Knife could really blossom into a premier player.

If you've made it to the end, thank you for taking the time and effort to read this. Keep in mind this is simply a mock and a ton of these picks will be wrong.I put everything I had into this so I hope you guys enjoy. If you don't enjoy, well piss off. Cheers!

Last edited: May 21, 2019
    • Like Like x 31
    • Winner Winner x 9
    • Informative Informative x 2
    Grizgoal
  2. xxCARUCHxx

xxCARUCHxx Caruch

Discord:
    marksr02#0
    Ratings:
    +55 / 19 / -9
    This is an amazing read. Hats off to this article!

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    No Streaming Account
  3. Burnsy x 95

Burnsy x 95 Pees in the shower

Discord:
    Burnsy#1428
    Ratings:
    +528 / 7 / -14
    Ur fucking nuts Griz jeez

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    Burnsyx95
  4. Giilbz

Giilbz Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,683 / 42 / -118
    If you needed any clarification for who to grab at 1, this Mock is pretty accurate there.

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  5. Remi l9l

Remi l9l Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +365 / 39 / -25
    W0W

• Like Like x 2
    Remiaszl9l
  6. Doanxr

Doanxr Can’t play cause of rumors

Ratings:
    +221 / 22 / -45
    He has 22 and 31 too gilbz

No Streaming Account
  7. Portcenter

Portcenter Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +107 / 4 / -12
    This is unreal man . Great job griz . Great fookin read. U should get paid for this lol .

• Like Like x 1
    porter53
  8. Matt4for4

Matt4for4 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    matt4for4#0
    Ratings:
    +322 / 8 / -12
    This is longer and more in depth than a senior project. Great read and thanks for the shout out!

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  9. Gongshxw

Gongshxw Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Gongshxw#0446
    Ratings:
    +254 / 118 / -280
    Where’s Swerve?

No Streaming Account
  10. GrizGoal

Discord:
    Griz#1745
    Ratings:
    +525 / 22 / -36
    To my knowledge isn't playing this season. That's why he's not there

Grizgoal
  11. GrizGoal

Discord:
    Griz#1745
    Ratings:
    +525 / 22 / -36
    You should've seen my 80 page final report for my senior project.

• Funny Funny x 1
    Grizgoal
  12. Matt4for4

Matt4for4 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    matt4for4#0
    Ratings:
    +322 / 8 / -12
    Wow islanders have 6 picks that’s insane

No Streaming Account
  13. GrizGoal

Discord:
    Griz#1745
    Ratings:
    +525 / 22 / -36
    I think they traded a lot of their picks, as did most teams. Don't use this as an accurate assessment of who has what 1sts.

Grizgoal
  14. goonderk

goonderk goonderk#6561

Ratings:
    +2,919 / 14 / -27
    Wow, really great job. Side note: this might be the first draft where I don't really recognize any names from club games besides the obvious couple guys.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account