Just For Fun: My Nominee's

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming American Hockey League (LGAHL PSN)' started by MDConMan, May 21, 2019.

?

Was MDConMan a member of the AHL Media Team this season?

1. Duh, he wrote articles for the magazine

14.3%
  2. Of course, he was on the Media Streams with other media members

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. I certainly hope so since he spent hours of his real life reviewing stats and rankings

10.7%
  4. Probably, since he was put in charge of recruiting additional members for next season

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Apparently not, because he was literally REMOVED from the Media Awards list that was submitted.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Clearly no, since his work was thrown out from not answering one night while asleep from meds.

14.3%
  7. All of the above.

60.7%
  1. MDConMan

MDConMan Shoutbox G

Discord:
    MDConMan#9425
    Ratings:
    +185 / 7 / -36
    Awards selection seems to be an endlessly controversial process here in LG, and whether it's fueling the fire or helping show what goes into it, I thought I'd share my nominee's and host an open forum to discuss what I feel is relevant in the selection process.

Ultimately, I'm sure it'll just be another controversial post on a complicated topic, but I think it could spark a couple fun convos. I also wanted to make sure I emphasized, that I do not have any qualm with the League's side of the awards or Media, and that every interaction I've had with staff (BoG's and LG McDonald) have never been anything but fair and professional.

Eddie Shore Award

Awarded to the AHL's best defenseman.

Criteria:

1) Production in relation to peers. The Shore is not the "best offensive defenseman" award. Many other factors are at play here, and statistical production is only one part of this. It is, however, still an important part. Let it be noted that GAA for defensemen (the average goals allowed in games the defenseman played in throughout the season) is to be examined and evaluated on an equal footing with the defenseman's offensive production.

2) Individual record. Individual record becomes a very important and telling statistic. To be considered for the Shore you should be posting at minimum a respectable record.

3) Linemates. This is mainly to note that a player should not be significantly punished during consideration simply for playing with a talented line. However, players should not significantly benefit during consideration simply for playing on a below average team or with below average linemates.

4) Strength of schedule. In a league where managers (and players, to a certain extent), are able to choose who they play against, it is important to consider strength of opposition when determining individual awards. The main things to examine here are record vs playoff teams as compared to record vs non-playoff teams, as well as statistical production vs playoff teams as compared to vs non-playoff teams (note that included in this is GAA. Analyze the average goals his team allows when a defenseman plays, and not simply the defenseman's offensive output in these games). Specifically, a player who plays a majority of his games against stronger teams and has a quality record in these games should be rewarded over players who mainly play against weaker teams.

As far as individual stats are concerned, it is expected that players will get more points (and allow less goals) against weaker teams. Players should only be downgraded in this area if they acquire a significant and disproportionate amount of their points (or allow a significant and disproportionately low amount of goals) in games against non-playoff teams. In especially tight cases between players, also consider evaluating the individual lineups that players face throughout the season. Subjectively quantify teams' 1st/2nd/3rd lines, and examine how many of each the players have played against throughout the season, in combination with playoff/non playoff.

Nominees:

1) @WillardMcNasty (RD, San Jose Barracuda) 20-4-3 (10-3-2 vs Playoff Teams, 56% of games) 20p (3g - 17a) +41, 24 PIM, 60 hits, 95gv 79ta (-16), 1 block, 1:58 OZE, 3:01 OEE, 89.3% PPKE, 103 GF, 57 GA

2) @MattAdoresDanna (RD, Laval Rocket) 15-6-1 (7-6-1 vs Playoff Teams, 64% of games) 18p (3g - 15a) +33, 10 PIM, 20 hits, 75gv 76ta (+1), 0 blocks, 2:20 OZE, 3:03 OEE, 85% PPKE, 81 GF, 42 GA

3) @Millakilla-420 (LD, Bridgeport Sound Tigers) 17-8-2 (11-6-0 vs Playoff Teams, 63% of games) 13p (2g - 11a) +6, 18 PIM, 32 hits, 160gv 98ta (-62), 0 blocks, 2:32 OZE, 2:47 OEE, 84.1% PPKE, 72 GF, 64 GA

4) @Check_Czech_it (LD, Wilkes-Barre Scranton Penguins) 21-4-2 (10-4-2 vs Playoff Teams, 59% of games) 26p (1g - 25a) +47, 30 PIM, 107 hits, 122gv 78ta (-44), 2 blocks, 2:01 OZE, 2:37 OEE, 78.3% PPKE, 112 GF, 52 GA

Con's Thoughts:
    There's a couple guys who I want to give an honorable mention to, before anything else. One of them being the League's ultimate selection, @Rezhomey . He's a solid Dman, and I actually feel another SJB DMan should've won the award, so definitely shows how underrated their D was this season. But just too many Giveaways for me. It's a huge theme for me with all of the DMen I nominated, is the idea that;

"how can you be the best Defenseman in the league, if you're giving the puck up that much?"​

It's the same reason another popular thought for best Defenseman didn't make my top 4 (@Distraqted from the Rochester Americans). At the end of the day, these awards are all subjective, and they're not just;

"Who's the best Defenseman on the best team?" it's "Who's the best Defenseman. Period."​

Harry "Hap" Holmes Memorial Award

Awarded to the goalkeeper(s) having played a minimum of 25 games for the team with the fewest goals scored against it in the regular season.

Note: All goaltenders who have played at least 25 games on the team with the fewest goals allowed share the award. If multiple teams tie for fewest goals allowed, all eligible goaltenders on those teams share the award.

Nominees:

1) @DaBirdMan27 (G, Rochester Americans) (39 GP) 34-4-1 86.9 sv% 1.81 GAA

2) @McBangBang22 (G, Charlotte Checkers) (40 GP) 28-10-2 86.4 sv% 1.86 GAA

2a) @immortalbmw (G, Charlotte Checkers) (35 GP) 19-14-2 81.7 sv% 2.51 GAA

3) @Doc_Marshmallow (G, Wilkes-Barre Scranton Penguins) (40 GP) 25-13-2 82.4 sv% 2.39 GAA

3a) @gatesse (G, Wilkes-Barre Scranton Penguins) (40 GP) 32-6-2 86.0 sv% 1.94 GAA

Aldedge "Baz" Bastien Memorial Award

Awarded to the league's top goaltender.

Criteria:

1) Production in relation to peers. Goaltenders with high SV%, low GAA, and the most shutouts are generally the "best" in the league. In particular, SV% should be weighted slightly more than GAA when analyzing stats. Also compare how a goalie did in comparison to the other goalie(s) on his team throughout the season. This gives some extra insight into how truly outstanding a goalie's performance was.

2) Individual record. Individual record becomes a very important and telling statistic. At the end of the day it's about winning, and to be considered for this award you should be posting at minimum a respectable record. Also note that to be eligible for this award you need to have played the most goalie games on your team. You can't be judged as the best goalie in the league if you weren't even judged as the best goalie on your team. It's preferable for goalies to have gotten a brunt of the workload throughout the season as opposed to an average 5/4 split, but this is not mandatory for consideration.

3) Linemates. This is mainly to note that a goalie should not be significantly punished during consideration simply for playing behind a talented team. On the flip side of this, goalies should not significantly benefit during consideration simply for playing on a below average team.

4) Strength of schedule. In a league where managers (and players, to a certain extent), are able to choose who they play against, it is important to consider strength of opposition when determining individual awards. The main things to examine here are record vs playoff teams as compared to record vs non-playoff teams, as well as statistical production vs playoff teams as compared to vs non-playoff teams. Specifically, a goalie who plays a majority of his games against stronger teams and has a quality record in these games should be rewarded over players who mainly play against weaker teams.

As far as individual stats are concerned, it is expected that goalies will allow less goals against weaker teams. Goalies should only be downgraded in this area if they allow a significant and disproportionate amount of goals in games against playoff teams. In especially tight cases between goalies, also consider evaluating the individual lineups that they face throughout the season. Subjectively quantify teams' 1st/2nd/3rd lines, and examine how many of each the goalies have played against throughout the season, in combination with playoff/non playoff.

Nominees:

1) @The_Canadian777 Cleveland Monsters (50 GP) 33-11-6 758 shots 85.8 sv% 2.03 GAA

2) @BCNYY Binghamton Devils (54 GP) 32-15-7 663 shots 83.6 sv% 1.94 GAA

3) @DaBirdMan27 Rochester Americans (39 GP) 34-4-1 551 shots 86.9 sv% 1.81 GAA

4) @McBangBang22 Charlotte Checkers (40 GP) 28-10-2 565 shots 86.4 sv% 1.86 GAA

Yanik Durpe Memorial Award

Awarded to the player(s) selected by the Commissioner and Media Director for their Community Service Contributions.

1) @IllVIBEZIll

2) @ClumsyTurtle13 (formerly Masstatic that does the ratings posts)

Con's Thoughts:
    I do honestly want to convey here that I didn't even nominate the Media Team for this award, a different group did, which was sent to me as well, and I can tell you that they had my name on that list, and somehow my name was no longer on the list when it was submitted to the league... interesting... I felt this award should go to a player or players that genuinely volunteer their time to the community without any role in the League to incentivize them. To me, that's @ClumsyTurtle13 for the rankings he posts each week that I'm sure many of us all look forward to. But I also wanted to give an honorary award for it to the late Vibez, for the work he put in and the impact he made.

Willie Marshall Award

Awarded to the top goal scorer in the regular season.

Note: If multiple players tie for the lead, all tied players share the award.

Nominees:

1) @FatHogLucente (RW, Rochester Americans) 56 Goals Scored

2) @Jyuhnn (C, Rochester Americans) 50 Goals Scored

3) @Sunshine2644 (RW, Springfield Thunderbirds) 50 Goals Scored

John B. Sollenberger Trophy

Awarded to the player who leads the league in total points at the end of the regular season.

Tiebreaker(s):

1) Player with most goals

2) Player with fewer games played

3) Player scoring first goal of the season

Nominees:

1) @FatHogChelly (C, Rochester Americans) 122 Points

2) @FatHogLucente (RW, Rochester Americans) 111 Points

3) @SANtheMAN19 (LW, Wilkes-Barre Scranton Penguins) 100 Points

Les Cunningham Award

Awarded to the league's most valuable player.

The MVP may very well be the most difficult award to judge in a league like ours. Many factors must be considered other than what initially meets the eye. All of the following must be considered when determining those who should be nominated for MVP, in no particular order.

Criteria:

1) Production in relation to peers. Players who produce more statistically are generally the most valuable to their teams.

2) Individual record. Individual record is a very important and telling statistic. To be considered for MVP you should be posting at minimum a respectable record.

3) Linemates. This is mainly to note that a player should not be significantly punished during consideration for playing with a talented line. However, players should not significantly benefit during consideration simply for playing on a below average team or with below average linemates.

4) Strength of schedule. In a league where managers (and players, to a certain extent), are able to choose who they play against, it is important to consider strength of opposition when determining individual awards. The main things to examine here are record vs playoff teams as compared to record vs non-playoff teams, as well as statistical production vs playoff teams as compared to vs non-playoff teams. Specifically, a player who plays a majority of his games against stronger teams and has a quality record in these games should be rewarded over players who mainly play against weaker teams.

As far as individual stats are concerned, it is expected that players will get more points against weaker teams. Players should only be downgraded in this area if they acquire a significant and disproportionate amount of their points in games against non-playoff teams. In especially tight cases between players, also consider evaluating the individual lineups that players face throughout the season. Subjectively quantify teams' 1st/2nd/3rd lines, and examine how many of each the players have played against throughout the season, in combination with playoff/non playoff.

5) Team performance. It is extremely rare for a player on a non-playoff team to win MVP. It shouldn't be cut and dry that your team has to make the playoffs to be considered, but note that it should take a rather herculean effort from a player on a non-playoff team to win/be considered for MVP. Examples of this are players on losing teams that display a winning record, significantly better individual production than the rest of their team, all while playing against top quality competition throughout the season.

6) Position. In the AHL, it is extremely rare for a non-forward to win MVP. For a defenseman or goalie to win/be considered for MVP, they would need to put up a seasonal performance that significantly stands out among the peers at their position, along with stacking up in the gauntlet of all other listed criteria.

Nominees :

1) @skyre5 (C, Charlotte Checkers) 23-4-0 (13-3-0 vs Playoff Teams, 59% of games) 91p (46g - 45a) +54, 6 PIM, 48 hits, 267gv 80ta (-187), 1:44 OZE, 41.4 G%, 69.2 A%, 25.0% P2E 3:29 OEE, 84.8% PPKE, 111 GF, 43 GA

2) @Jyuhnn (C, Rochester Americans) 23-4-0 (10-3-0 vs Playoff Teams, 48% of games) 89p (50g - 39a) +39, 9 PIM, 43 hits, 320gv 64ta (-256), 2:00 OZE, 45.0 G%, 63.9 A%, 31.5% P2E, 2:28 OEE, 84.6% PPKE, 111 GF, 61 GA

3) @Smitterr (C, San Antonio Rampage) 23-3-1 (12-2-1 vs Playoff Teams, 56% of games) 82p (44g - 38a) +39, 24 PIM, 35 hits, 218gv 48ta (-170), 1:57 OZE, 41.1 G%, 60.3 A%, 35.2% P2E, 3:08 OEE, 84.6% PPKE, 107 GF, 47 GA

4) @BarDownDaily (RW, San Jose Barracuda) 23-1-2 (12-0-2 vs Playoff Teams, 54% of games) 82p (42g - 40a) +55, 23 PIM, 126 hits, 321gv 45ta (-276), 1:54 OZE, 38.5 G%, 59.7 A%, 19.0% P2E, 3:23 OEE, 95.3% PPKE, 109 GF, 44 GA

Con's Thoughts:
    This one is a hard one to try and weigh everything across the board, especially without spending a month's worth of free time between work and leisure looking into stats and lineups and pairings and schedule and storylines. I have Skyre listed #1 but it doesn't mean he's my hands-down selection. Another controversial pick for me was including JohnKenney on the MVP list. Guy doesn't play the toughest of schedules. BUT. There are actually significantly worse offenders for Strength of Schedule, and when you consider who Kenney tends to bring to play with him, guy carries. Pretty hard. I felt it was worth acknowledging. Whether you agree with me or not. There's also some pretty notable exclusions from my list (@FatHogChelly @FatHogLucente @SANtheMAN19 ) and I can tell you they're the first names I placed on my list to research for nomination. But with Chelly and Lucente, how can either be the MVP when they played the entire season together? Look, I'm not trying to punish them for both getting to play with another phenomenal player, but it's also hard to say one of them is more worth it than the other. As for San, man, he's one of my favorite forwards in the entire League but those GIVEAWAYS... BRUH... I just couldn't do it.

Pavel Datsyuk Award

Awarded to the forward who best excels in the defensive aspects of the game

Considering the nature of our league, it will almost always be the case that players deserving of nomination for the Datsyuk will also produce at an above average level offensively. However, offensive production specifically should not be a factor in determining who is more deserving of the award. Also note that increasingly, although not exclusively, the Datsyuk is awarded to players in the AHL that play the position of center. Playing wing should hinder, but not preclude, a player from winning or being nominated for the Datsyuk.

Criteria:

1) Stats. Stats to consider when evaluating players to nominate for the Datsyuk are the following: Record, +/-, PIM, FO%, GAA, and PPKE. Note that players should not receive a massive bonus due to a high +/- simply due to outlandish offensive production. GAA is a much more reliable indicator of defensive superiority than +/- is.

2) Linemates. This is mainly to note that a player should not be significantly punished during consideration simply for playing with a talented line. However, players should not significantly benefit during consideration simply for playing on a below average team or with below average linemates.

3) Strength of schedule. In a league where managers (and players, to a certain extent), are able to choose who they play against, it is important to consider strength of opposition when determining individual awards. The main things to examine here are record vs playoff teams as compared to record vs non-playoff teams, as well as GAA vs playoff teams as compared to vs non-playoff teams. Specifically, a player who plays a majority of his games against stronger teams and has a quality record in these games should be rewarded over players who mainly play against weaker teams.

As far as GAA is concerned, it is expected that players will allow less goals against weaker teams. Players should only be downgraded in this area if they allow a significant and disproportionate amount of goals in games against playoff teams. In especially tight cases between players, also consider evaluating the individual lineups that players face throughout the season. Subjectively quantify teams' 1st/2nd/3rd lines, and examine how many of each the players have played against throughout the season, in combination with playoff/non playoff.

Nominees:

1) @skyre5 (C, Charlotte Checkers) 23-4-0 (13-3-0 vs Playoff Teams, 59% of games) 91p (46g - 45a) +54, 6 PIM, 53.2 FO%, 267gv 80ta (-187), 2 blocks, 3:29 OEE, 84.8% PPKE, 111 GF, 43 GA

2) @Pezdemic (C, Milwaukee Admirals) 18-6-3 (11-2-3 vs Playoff Teams, 59% of games) 67p (20g - 47a) +23, 15 PIM, 53.0 FO%, 231gv 80ta (-151), 1 block, 2:48 OEE, 82.1% PPKE, 91 GF, 65 GA

3) @ATLKnights (LW*, Binghamton Devils) 20-6-2 (12-5-1 vs Playoff Teams, 64% of games) 65p (35g - 30a) +27, 2 PIM, 342gv 74ta (-268), 0 blocks, 3:02 OEE, 93.5% PPKE, 91 GF, 51 GA

4) @Benny (RW*, San Antonio Rampage) 21-2-1 (10-2-1 vs Playoff Teams, 54% of games) 60p (33g - 27a) +47, 6 PIM, 271gv 59ta (-212), 3 blocks, 3:14 OEE, 80.6% PPKE, 99 GF, 39 GA

*Did not include FaceOff% for non-centers

Con's Thoughts:
    This is another one that can take a while, and there's a LOT to consider. For me, a big thing is the giveaways (as it was with the Dmen). Now, I'm never going to expect a top forward to have as few giveaways as a top DMan, even when judging for the Datsyuk, so let's just get that cleared up immediately after saying that I care about giveaways.

Fred T. Hunt Memorial Trophy

Awarded to the player who exhibited outstanding sportsmanship and gentlemanly conduct combined with a high standard of playing ability.

Criteria:

1) Stats. The only statistical criteria that can be applied to the Fred T. Hunt specifically are PIMS (low is good) and hits (low is good). Also note that the Fred T. Hunt is generally awarded to higher profile players in terms of offensive production. Combining the specific criteria with this general overarching pattern should narrow down the field of potential candidates quite easily.

2) Conduct. The main role conduct can serve in determining the Fred T. Hunt nominees/winner is fairly simple. If you act like a douchebag on the website, you're not winning this award. If you're generally/widely recognized within the community as a nuisance or negative influence, you aren't winning this award.

3) Special circumstances. The league reserves the right to ignore the above criteria for the Fred T. Hunt and hand out the award in situations where a player performs an action or actions that go above and beyond what is expected of them. This is done at the Commissioner's discretion, and is to be used in only the most deserving and rare of circumstances

Nominees:

1) @ATLKnights (LW, Binghamton Devils)

2) @Nester (LD, Laval Rocket)

3) @Spidr-Man_2099 (C, Manitoba Moose)

Con's Thoughts:
    Honestly, I asked the management teams for nominations for this award and received none. This list was assembled by other members of the Media team. I neither claim nor deny any responsibility for these nominees. Sorry.

Macgregor Kilpatrick Trophy

Awarded to the club finishing the regular season with the best overall record (based on points).In the case of a tie, follow the current standard AHL tiebreaking procedures.

1) Rochester Americans - 129 points (63-16-3)

Divisional Winners

Awarded to the club(s) that won their divisional title during the season.

Atlantic Division Title - Wilkes Barre Scranton Penguins - 122 pts (59-19-4)

North Division Title - Rochester Americans - 129 pts (63-16-3)

Central Division Title - San Antonio Rampage - 122 pts (58-18-6)

Pacific Division Title - San Jose Barracuda - 118 pts (55-19-8)

Richard F. Canning Trophy

Awarded to the Eastern Conference playoff champion

1) Rochester Americans - 12-3 in the Eastern playoffs

Robert W. Clarke Trophy

Awarded to the Western Conference playoff champion.

1) Bakersfield Condors - 12-7 in the Western playoffs

Calder Cup

Awarded to the AHL playoff champion.

1) Rochester Americans won in 5 games

Jack A. Butterfield Trophy

Awarded to the most valuable player for his team in the playoffs.

Criteria:

This award is chosen by the GM of the Calder Cup winning team. He may award this trophy to the player he deems was most instrumental to winning the Cup.

Nominees:

1) @Distraqted (LD, Rochester Americans)

2) @Jyuhnn (C, Rochester Americans)

3) @tslot9449 (RW, Rochester Americans)

• Like Like x 7
    MDConMan
  2. erinssilence

erinssilence Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +709 / 28 / -83
    Good stuff MD. One thing i would say that irks me, and this is nothing about your write up or anything but more just generally speaking, is the argument that if players are on the same line or team that they shouldn't or couldn't be MVP. Yes, while them being on the same line may have bumped their numbers up a tad from were they were it doesn't make one player any less valuable then the other. This was ultimately one of the big arguments from the S9 awards that led to that whole debacle.

Let's take a look at some real life MVPs in various sports just as an example. Are you going to punish a Connor McDavid because he has Draisaitl play on his line with him or a Patrick Kane because he has Panarin and Anisimov with him? Another example would be in the NBA. Should Steph Curry not be in the talks for MVP because he has Durant, Thompson, and Green all on the court with him at the same time? Or in the MLB should Mookie Betts not get it because JD Martinez or Xander Bogaerts are there with him?

Ultimately, any of these sports that are team based are exactly that: team based. How often do you see an MVP come from a team that isn't in the playoffs or even a top team? The last time I can think of that in any sport would be Mike Trout in 2016 when the Angels were below .500 and he just stood out that much more in the MLB. But the further you dive back the harder it becomes to to find guys who were MVPs on bad teams. Every Jordan has their Pippen, Young has their Rice, Crosby has their Malkin. Our natural inclination for picking an MVP is to look at guys and then see how good their teams were and what they did in the larger scheme of that team.

When all is said and done, MVP is simply a subjective award that is based on a matter of opinion. People can take it and run with it using the eye test and say this guy is MVP or people can do more of what I do and use numbers to prove this player is the MVP but at the end of the day it's still just an opinion of either an individual or a group of individuals. I just wish that in the future we see less of this "they played with good linemates" mentality and unintentionally punish or hurt players for playing on a good team.

I'm off my soapbox now. Sorry for the long comment but it is an issue that's been bugging me for 2 szns now and I just wanted to say my piece in a peaceful way. Nobody is right or wrong and ultimately any media is good for this league so keep up the good work MD.

• Like Like x 7
    memphisonfirex
  3. MDConMan

MDConMan Shoutbox G

Discord:
    MDConMan#9425
    Ratings:
    +185 / 7 / -36
    That’s a fantastic way of putting it, Memphis. And I think kind of brings up a point I felt a lot while doing any Media work this season, and that several people have been bringing up in the posts that are floating around.

We need more coverage. Period.
    In regards to awards, especially MVP, it’s a lot harder to do things like that for a fictional online league based around a video game. I can’t just watch all the games or “go to the tape” and watch highlights from the season to see guys play. I have to simply weigh any thoughts or feelings with the stats that are available from the site. And that’s an incomplete way to accomplish something like MVP.

So as long as those that step forth to contribute are working with the limited resources currently available and receive the level of criticism, usually from people who were asked to help/participate/chime in and chose not to; the community is going to be the ones that suffer because no one will last long enough to improve the system for it.

Then again, maybe they won’t last long enough due to petty BS and will have to step out on their own at the end of season after being unceremoniously tossed out without a word and being ignored as if they hadn’t been a part of the past 6 or 7 weeks of Media...

MDConMan
  4. Bxrt1_

Bxrt1_ Washed AF

Discord:
    Bert#9478
    Ratings:
    +199 / 7 / -12
    • Like Like x 4
    Bxrt1
  5. The_0verthinker_

The_0verthinker_ Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,197 / 105 / -166
    And thats exactly why Distraqted should have been there lmao. Not only is he probably the top dman in s10 but he had a great season.

• Winner Winner x 2
    No Streaming Account
  6. MDConMan

MDConMan Shoutbox G

Discord:
    MDConMan#9425
    Ratings:
    +185 / 7 / -36
    I’d direct you to the couple sentences directly before your quote.

“But just too many Giveaways for me. It's a huge theme for me with all of the DMen I nominated, is the idea that;

"how can you be the best Defenseman in the league, if you're giving the puck up that much?"“

But if you don’t view giveaways as a problem for the conversation around best defenseman, then I’ll just have to respectfully agree to disagree with you.

• Dislike Dislike x 3
    MDConMan
  7. The_0verthinker_

The_0verthinker_ Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,197 / 105 / -166
    If you're a good dman like he is, you are bound the give the puck away more because you legit ALWAYS have the puck on the breakout and in the offensive zone. The guys you nominated are all not top dmen, so obviously they won't have the puck as much.

• Winner Winner x 4
    No Streaming Account
  8. Jyuhnn

Jyuhnn Well-Known Member

Discord:
    jyuhnn#0
    Ratings:
    +492 / 59 / -172
    Can confirm @Distraqted had the puck more than my wingers every game I played with him on the break outs

• Like Like x 3
    No Streaming Account
  9. LukeIceey

LukeIceey Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +62 / 4 / -2
    If only there were a way to distinguish offensive zone giveaways from D and NZ...that’d help this discussion immensely.
    That, and, what constitutes a giveaway in-game can feel totally random at times. Prob asking way too much of EA though..

• Winner Winner x 3
    No Streaming Account
  10. Philly_Jawns

Philly_Jawns Wish my penis was as big as yours

Ratings:
    +192 / 5 / -12
    Good write, so here’s the thing REZ and Willard both had incredible seasons, Willard played with our first line Rez and I jumped around and played with ECUs and third and second line most of the season, as I missed games and prob don’t get a nod as well, Rez never turned puck over in zone. As offensive D men we will always have high turn over rates cause of how much we touch the puck, a lot of turn overs are on nutral zone and offensive zone plays, that also being said. Watching the two of them Jwilly also should be with willardmcnasty as well . This has always been a urky Dman award to me cause I don’t think the right stats get looked at. YES OUR DEFENSE WAS HIGHLY UNDER RATED as a whole. But we came up short. I love both of these guys and I loved my d core as much as I ever have.. Davey shoulda won this in s5

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    No Streaming Account
  11. MDConMan

MDConMan Shoutbox G

Discord:
    MDConMan#9425
    Ratings:
    +185 / 7 / -36
    Also, wanted to make sure I thanked you guys for the genuinely super constructive feedback. @memphisonfire @vMustacho @Jyuhnn @LukeIceey @phillysmvp

It’s a lot of good points to take into consideration going forward. I’ll make sure you can tell I’m listening next time I make a post of this nature.

• Like Like x 2
    MDConMan
  12. TeeSibs

TeeSibs Well-Known Member

Discord:
    TSibs88#2180
    Ratings:
    +1,495 / 17 / -65
    Good on you, @MDConMan for taking the time to do this, even though you didnt have to.

Also, absolutely agree about adding Vibez to the media award. I have no idea how, after the response by the community and the fundrasier promoted by the league, Vibez doesnt get this award this season and hey, how about naming the award after him for the coming season?!? Great recommendation of Vibez by you!

Last edited: May 21, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
    tsibs88
  13. Jyuhnn

Jyuhnn Well-Known Member

Discord:
    jyuhnn#0
    Ratings:
    +492 / 59 / -172
    Good write up the only real thing I disagree is the def of the year nice job

• Like Like x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
    No Streaming Account
  14. Lxcente

Lxcente Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Lucente#7288
    Ratings:
    +103 / 12 / -16
    Yo, great job with this. I like the in-depth explanations for each of the trophies. You definitely took a more serious approach to this than Chel and I lmfao. I see where you're coming from with the MVP trophy, you're looking for players who stood out among their linemates. Completely respect that. All together, this was great. @Distraqted for def of the year!

• Like Like x 2
    • Get Good Get Good x 1
    No Streaming Account
  15. Jyuhnn

Jyuhnn Well-Known Member

Discord:
    jyuhnn#0
    Ratings:
    +492 / 59 / -172
    • Like Like x 2
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
    No Streaming Account
  16. MDConMan

MDConMan Shoutbox G

Discord:
    MDConMan#9425
    Ratings:
    +185 / 7 / -36
    Thanks man. I definitely look forward to continuing to voice my opinion on this stuff, and for anything like MVP I’m definitely going to make sure I set aside time to watch some archived streams and such to get a better eye test going.
    If you hadn’t read above, a couple members made some really good points on the topic and it’s definitely something I hadn’t thought enough about when making my nominations. Even when MVP caliber players are next to eachother, it shouldn’t eliminate them from being recognized for how good they are. And that’s definitely something I want to be able to work past going forward (same with using footage to better appreciate inflated giveaways from playmaking and role, rather than just calling all giveaways bad).

MDConMan
  17. Lxcente

Lxcente Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Lucente#7288
    Ratings:
    +103 / 12 / -16
    Yeah, I think that footage would definitely be a reliable source with evaluating how valuable a player is with relation to his linemates. Personally, I think Skyre played with a better line than San and thats why I think San should be getting the MVP trophy (in my opinion).

• Like Like x 2
    • Get Good Get Good x 1
    No Streaming Account
  18. MDConMan

MDConMan Shoutbox G

Discord:
    MDConMan#9425
    Ratings:
    +185 / 7 / -36
    Completely fair opinion. He’s definitely one of the most valuable players this season. You, him, and Chelly were literally the next 3 players on my list. Plus an honorable mention to the truest of scrubhunters @Sunshine2644 (love you buddy hahahah)

MDConMan
  19. Cmdeadly

Cmdeadly Well-Known Member

Discord:
    cmdeadly#0
    Ratings:
    +133 / 30 / -11
    I'm gonna harp on the giveaways and takeaways. As a dman they aren't a telling stat. The person who makes the play to remove the puck doesn't get a takeaway, and as an offensive dman like dis is, he's going to give the puck up more because he's like others have said is always controlling the puck.

So we will respectfully disagree there. The telling stats for dmen imo is points, wins, and goals against and goals for of his line and really nothing more.

Hope we get this sorted next season.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    No Streaming Account
  20. Sumaaa--

Sumaaa-- Washed is the new meta.

Ratings:
    +441 / 22 / -58
    Distracted def the top dman.

• Like Like x 1
    sumaaaaaaaa