Grading Staff On S11 Owners List

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming Hockey League (LGHL PSN)' started by GonzoArmstrong, May 24, 2019.

1. GonzoArmstrong

GonzoArmstrong Warning Group

Ratings:
    +1,212 / 169 / -318
    I may dabble in Media for S11 and figured I'd do something that I really haven't seen done before. Management duo's are frequently given rankings but you never see staff graded for the job they did picking Ownership.

FULL DISCLAIMER: This is entirely based off my own opinions of the managements skill level and likelihood of succeeding at the NHL level. I wish nothing but the best for everyone who got Ownership.

The Sure Things (A+) - No need for me to say anything

Winnipeg Jets - @Gourr-
    Pittsburgh Penguins - @xNav61
    Buffalo Sabres - @JClaus33
    San Jose Sharks - @radicalapex

The Very Good (A-)

Toronto Maple Leafs - @xTarasenko91_
    If this wasn't technically his first season as Owner I would have put him as a sure thing. I fully expect the Leafs to be a power house this season and to finally make a deep playoff run.

New York Rangers - @Bo-Dangles10
    I really wasn't sure whether to put this pick higher or lower based off either the great regular season performances or the disastrous postseason ones... Went with higher as I expect the Rangers to be playoff bound once again... Could easily see @xNav61 sending this team home early again though.

Detroit Red Wings - @PieR Talent / @Xx LoL xX 9
    Without these two Calgary would have never even sniffed the Cup in S10. I expect big things.

Boston Bruins - @CaLL Me Jakoo / @jared2112
    Two guys with alot of success on the box which I expect to translate well over here even though it normally doesn't.

The Good (B+)

Columbus Blue Jackets - @i9-Stamkos-1i
    Needs to prove himself in a tough division after having 2 sub par regular seasons... albeit with 1 solid playoff run in S9.

Philadelphia Flyers - @xCounter43x - Almost put him higher on this list but feel like people forget about the seasons he had in Vancouver and also forget that NYI finished 8th with and without him in back to back seasons. Could see this team being anywhere from the top of the league to fighting for a wildcard spot.

Tampa Bay Lightning - @Domix28-
    Made the playoffs last season and put up a decent fight even though their GM quit near the end of the season. I expect an even better season for Tampa with a more stable GM.

Montreal Canadians - @PrometheusXVII
    Underrated dman who brought in @Goostaav as his GM which should provide him with the experience he needs to make a playoff contending team.

Nashville Predators - @RBCressor
    One of my favorite dpartners in LG takes over for @Agger23 and is obviously worth the free contract way more than the previous Owner. I expect good things.

Los Angeles Kings - @ITIoMMy-
    Mr. L2 Himself. Should be contending for a playoff spot out in the Pacific. Good Pick.

Vegas Golden Knights - @jay6219
    Always comes out on fire and by the end of the season is usually extinguished. Made playoffs for first time I can remember in S10 but got sent home in just 5 games. Will this be the year that they maintain their momentum for 9 weeks + playoffs?

Anaheim Ducks - @BigFreeze064
    Built NYI up in S9 with @deerhunter2911 making the 8th spot and then beating NYR in Round 1. Followed that up with an improved west line in S10 which took them all the way to the Cup.

Arizona Coyotes - @I2I-Way-Hockey
    His Florida teams were always in the hunt and I expect his Arizona team to do the same. Would like to see him make a more serious contender this season as even though he's a complete and utter tool I think he has it in him to build a top tier team.

The Up and Coming, Old Timers Who Need to Prove They Still Have Thumbs, Guys Who Need to Prove it (B-)

New Jersey Devils - @BROSKI_002
    Had alot of success as an AHL manager and won it all at that level. Has had decent success in his brief time (ECU games mostly) in the NHL. Grabbed a very solid defenseman in @NH4JP as his GM which should help him with his knowledge of the NHL player base.

Washington Capitals - @OdessaSteps
    Old guy who has had success in the early days of LG. Not too sure that he still has the thumbs in order to field a true contender but also wouldn't be too surprised to see him show everyone in the Metro that it takes more than pure skill to build a top team.

Florida Panthers - @vShot94
    Guy is all thumbs. Grabbed @Curi0sity as his GM who has a ton of experience managing over the years. Expect this team to be competing for a playoff spot.

Dallas Stars - @vKaybee
    Really not a fan of any of the teams this guy has built but he's been in what has been the weakest division since he became an owner... in my opinion it is still by far the weakest division. Really needs to step up his game as making playoffs in the Central is like getting a participation award in the special Olympics. Good player... Expect better.

St. Louis Blues - @Primetimme
    Was good in the day but the production hasn't been there on the scoresheet for quite awhile. His grit has allowed him to be in alot of close games even though his thumbs seem to have betrayed him. Will see if he finds his touch again?

Chicago Blackhawks - @Rivnasty
    Has had success at every level and got @meka DVA meka to play D for him as GM, while in my opinion he's overrated, he is no doubt a solid dman and has good knowledge of the player base and building a solid regular season team.

The "Ok" (C)

Colorado Avalanche - @EPICxSKILLZY
    Took over a terrible team from Skilled Python a few seasons back and really hasn't made that next step yet. Team did "OK" last season but needs to step it up this season.

Vancouver Canucks - @Jlm1410
    Has mixed in "ok" seasons with horrible seasons were his team finished bottom 5... Season 10 was one of those seasons. We'll see how his attempt at building a "VG Star" line works out this season.

Edmonton Oilers - @Ols-9-
    Finished just under .500 in his first season as Owner. I can't see his team doing better than that this season based off the division he's in but he deserved a 2nd season to try and prove it.

Calgary Flames - @Polska_B0SS_780
    Has built competitive teams but they always seem to hate him and are normally golfing by round 1. S10 Calgary was the worst experience of my LG career so I almost rated him even lower than this. With @BK_0994 getting a Capital Ban I really won't be shocked to see Polska have a meltdown before the end of the season and catch a ban himself.

The Bad (D/F)

New York Islanders - @memphisonfire
    Seems like a good person but had alot of trouble finding a GM and the GM they did find they probably could have got for 500k in bidding. Best of luck to you :)

Carolina Hurricanes - @TKonecnyX11
    I put him in the category of Great AHL Manager who just doesn't have what it takes to win at the NHL level or build a team at the NHL level. Maybe he proves us all wrong this season but I wouldn't bet on it.

Ottawa Senators - @STLstash
    AHL manager whose getting his first look at the NHL level... He's a goalie and his AHL team had to forfeit out of playoffs due to ineligible lines... Never like to see goalies as Owner and the forfeiting out of AHL playoffs makes this look even rougher.

Minnesota Wild - @leafs1791
    Another goalie here and his only real management experience that I'm aware of was 2 weeks AFTER the trade deadline as AGM last season... which is the equivalent of NO EXPERIENCE. Odd pick. HOWEVER he paid @McLxvinn a few hundred dollars to be his GM and has @ivegotyour6 returning as AGM so I could easily see this team making a run at playoffs despite the pick making no sense.

OVERALL STAFF GRADE FOR OWNERSHIP SELECTIONS B+

Looking at these Ownership selections as a whole I would have to say that this looks to be one of the best lists in awhile for PSN. Could have replaced a few of the bottom tier selections with some better picks but it still appears to be a deep group. Biggest complaint I would have is that after relocating teams somehow the Central looks like the worst division for what will be like the 5th season in a row?

Anyways that's all I have. If you'd like more content throughout the season then show some appreciation with some good ratings. If you didn't like this or were insulted by my opinion of you than fuck off and kiss my ass.

Thanks,
    Gonzo

Last edited: May 25, 2019
    • Like x 29
    • Winner x 3
    • Funny x 2
    • Troll x 1
    • Informative x 1
    No Streaming Account
  2. OdessaSteps

OdessaSteps I'm still your dad

Ratings:
    +2,691 / 11 / -88
    And you want to be my 3rd line Centre. Sheesh.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    No Streaming Account
  3. premierplayer

premierplayer Well-Known Member

Discord:
    premierplayer#0
    Ratings:
    +1,049 / 350 / -520
    #freePP

• Get Good Get Good x 11
    • Like Like x 3
    • Dumb Dumb x 2
    premierplayer
  4. GonzoArmstrong

Ratings:
    +1,212 / 169 / -318
    I felt like I said mostly positive things about you :(

No Streaming Account
  5. Oso-Sic

Oso-Sic RIP to Recki

Discord:
    Oso-Sic#4266
    Ratings:
    +601 / 6 / -39
    You'll be way higher on the list if you avoid that

• Funny Funny x 2
    HoustonOso
  6. meka DVA meka

meka DVA meka Bring Load Management To LG

Ratings:
    +3,475 / 92 / -197
    Same :sadegg:

• Dumb Dumb x 1
    Nybarisny
  7. WJP089

WJP089 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,464 / 60 / -178
    Devils bite

No Streaming Account
  8. GonzoArmstrong

Ratings:
    +1,212 / 169 / -318
    Think you're going to have to think up something that works better for the Devils sir.

No Streaming Account
  9. Gamingfreak911

Gamingfreak911 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    gaming5689#0
    Ratings:
    +247 / 13 / -38
    Sharks bite

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    xgf911x
  10. OBxOBrien

OBxOBrien Well-Known Member

Discord:
    OBrien#0102
    Ratings:
    +98 / 11 / -17
    • Funny Funny x 1
    obxobrien
  11. Pastahnak

Pastahnak The Most Talented Sieve

Ratings:
    +1,200 / 29 / -145
    As the owner of the Atlanta thrashers I'm upset I wasn't included on this list.

• Funny Funny x 2
    Pastahnak
  12. PrometheusXVII

PrometheusXVII Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Prometheus (Wheat Kings Owner)#1251
    Ratings:
    +537 / 33 / -51
    B+... I'll take it! :)

Great write up.

No Streaming Account
  13. The_0verthinker_

The_0verthinker_ Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,197 / 105 / -166
    Girl*

Also leafs was a FBHL cup champion and benched me on the cup run. plz respect the man

• Like Like x 2
    No Streaming Account
  14. matthuot87

matthuot87 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +830 / 231 / -441
    So you play next season

No Streaming Account
  15. JAAMx93x

JAAMx93x Well-Known Member

Discord:
    jmorrow474 Aka AhL_Allstar-3#8394