Scy’s Thoughts: Top 10 worst contracts

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming Hockey League (LGHL PSN)' started by Jrascia, May 28, 2019.

1. Jrascia

Jrascia Well-Known Member

Discord:
    JR#3872
    Ratings:
    +112 / 20 / -4
    Disclaimer: This article belongs to @D-i-l-d-o--Bike but hes forum banned so he cannot post.

Well, its summer season and with that, another bidding is in the books. If you're an owner, congratulations on surviving through this. I know I wouldn't have. If you're a player and you're happy with your contract, good for you; I know many players who aren't, especially these ten players whose contracts are just way too damn high.

I avoided MOST XBOX players as I have little to no knowledge of the XBOX side.

10. @XxJusT4TheShoWxX - 9.5 mil - Vegas golden Knights

Franky.. Franky, Franky, Franky. He was likely brought on to play center(he doesn't like center). Franky is a very good 1st line player but he can't carry a line and at 9.5mil, you're expected to carry a line. Franky has an okay winning percentage and ppg for someone who's been in the league for so long but his past 3 seasons leave much to be desired at that price point. He won a cup in season 2, he was eastern conference champions season 3, and he won the president's trophy in season 4 and that's where the accolades stop. Is he washed or can Franky prove he's worth his high price point?

9. @mamm7216 - 5.25 mil - Ottawa Senators

Genuine dogshit player. He's west on a team with no west players. I wouldn't want him on my team for more than 500k.

8. @Kev l97l - 8.5 mil - Washington Capitals

Kev is a good player who can produce and win games when surrounded by the right talent(namely the talent that is better than him). From what I've heard, he's a toxic weenie who also quit on his team last season. He's never played center in LG before but if he can play it close tto the level he plays wing AND if BJ and the boys can keep him in check, his contract might not be too excessive.

7. @TGil36 - 7.75 mil - Phoenix Coyotes

This one was a real headscratcher. If this was a few years ago, yeah, this contract ain't too bad. But TGil is beyond washed. He went under .500 with less than 50 points. Before that, he took 2 seasons off and in season 7 he went below .500 and had a mere 50 points. It isn't lost on me that his last two teams were bad, but a 7mil+ player should be able to persevere and make the talent around him better. He's surrounded by a considerable amount of top end talent so this will be the make or break season for TGil.

6. @APX x 93 - 7.75 mil - New York Rangers

The only Xbox player to make my list. He's an okay Xbox player with an above average ego and level of aids(or so I'm told). Apparently he quit on Silky in S9(Can you blame him though?) and ended up playing in the CHL(sorta) last season and won a mem cup. Congrats I guess. This might be way worse than I'm ranking it but APX probably has talent close to his price tag but the Rangers look much worse than the past few seasons and this guy may just tuck his tail and run.

5. @xChyz- - 9 mil - New York Rangers

Chyz had a phenomenal season 7 with the Avalanche where he almost went undefeated and went on to win the Stanley cup. Since then he has been..well, how do I put this? Terrible. that great season was on defense and since tthen he swittched back Rw/C which is his more natural position. I've played with him once or twice and against him several times and he was lackluster in each appearance. I hope NYR signed Chyz for his veteran presence and cup experience because if not, all they signed was a name.

4. @Pezdemic - 5.25 mil - New York Islanders

Pez has been a solid AHLer for the past 4 or 5 seasons so he's definitely good enough for a shot in the NHL. Pez started his career out as a defenseman and recently switched to center. Pez is actually a solid player who excels in his own end of the ice. That being said, its his first season in the NHL and paying him anything over 1-2mil is beyond excessive, it's absurd.

3. @HazeeHype - 6.5 mil - Calgary Flames

What would an overpaid players list look like without midgetman himself? Dishonest, that's what. Hazee is a solid 2nd liner who would thrive on a 3-4mil contract but time and time again we see owners handing him huge contracts that quite frankly, he's not good enough for. In his past two seasons, Hazee found himself with less than 40 points. At least season 9 he went above .500 but you can't say the same for season 10. He also has an ego and is absolute aids often found picking fights in the shoutbox. Combine that with the fact half of Calgary quit on polska during the cup finals and we have a match made in Heaven here.

2. @GhostMK - 7 mil - Washington Capitals

When I asked BJ why the fuck he spent 7mil on Ghost, he told me he wanted to build a dad squad and wanted to grab his friend in bidding. That's respectable, or it would be if Ghost was 4-5mil. Ghost is a 2nd liner at best and has only thrived in his career when playing a 3rd line role. He's a very nice guy and will very likely be AGM for the Capitals but at 7mil you have to ask.. Why?

1. @Hra-ow - 4.75 mil - New York Rangers

I have to thank Bo. When I heard he spent 4.75mil on Hra-ow I laughed my ass off. Honestly, I haven't laughed this hard in years. I have to ask though, why wouldn't you resign him at 1mil if you were just going to overpay through your ass for a guy who I wouldn't want on my 3rd line. Don't get me wrong, the guy has hands but he has the positioning and passing ability of a career CHLer. Not to mention he's one of the most hated players in the entire league. This is without a doubt the worst contract in all of LG. Prove me wrong "H-Tron." Also, that's 3 Rangers on this list. Yikes.

Honorable Mentions

Almost every Rw. I got tired of putting Rws on this list so there are a few who should be on here that aren't.

@F0G 19 - 11 mil - Montreal Canadiens

Fog is my teammate and I'm happy to see him in a Canadiens jersey but 11mil is a lot to pay for almost any winger. I hear he has a lot of chemistry with lazie and will most likely play with him and when you think about it, 13mil combined might not be too bad for the both of them.

@Carm95 - 7.75 mil - Dallas Stars

He originally made my list but I had to move him off of it as there are more deserving players and Carm has had success as a player in the past. I've played around 25 games with him and he never struck me as a star player. He's owned a lot in this league but never found a ton of success as an owner. He thinks he's an elite but he's better off as a complimentary player. In my opinion, there were much better options at cheaper prices.

@Spooer69 - 7.25 mil - San Jose Sharks

Spooer is one of the best Dmen in the league. I've never seen him play forward but Dmen turned forwards aren't always the best. Feel free to comment below and tell me if you know whether he's good or not.

@Coorsi - 7.25 mil - New York Islanders

Another one who just made my list orginally. I'm just keeping my original statement for him. If this was NHL 94, this would be a really good contract as that was the last time Coorsi was an elite player. I'm kidding.. but no seriously, Coorsi is washed and isn't worth close to his 7.25mil price point. I played with and against him more times than I can count on last gen and he certainly used to be good. Aside from his dwindling numbers, he's never been a playoff performer and the only thing he brings at this point are stories of the good old days.

Last edited: May 28, 2019
    • Like x 21
    • Winner x 9
    • Informative x 6
    • Get Good x 2
    • Creative x 2
    • Funny x 1
    Jrascia
  2. DodgesBlueShells

DodgesBlueShells Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +120 / 19 / -33
    I wish I was paid enough to get roasted.

• Like Like x 3
    UseThePoint
  3. bonwl

bonwl Well-Known Member

Discord:
    bonwl#9306
    Ratings:
    +956 / 37 / -74
    wait what the fuck

bo spent 21.5 on hra-apx-chyz?

• Funny Funny x 10
    • Informative Informative x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    Bonwl15
  4. FatHogChelly

FatHogChelly Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Chelly#1573
    Ratings:
    +323 / 6 / -69
    How am I not on this list?

• Informative x 3
    • Troll x 2
    • Like x 1
    • Funny x 1
    • Winner x 1
    Chel_Legend
  5. iCallsoWhat55

iCallsoWhat55 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    icallsowhat55#1227
    Ratings:
    +787 / 49 / -145
    Jrasica positive ratings whoring.

• Dumb Dumb x 1
    icallsowhat55
  6. nickyP1999

nickyP1999 I'm not superstitious but I am a little stitious.

Discord:
    NickyP#1999
    Ratings:
    +533 / 38 / -64
    Now you gotta do top 10 underpaid players.

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 3
    nickyP1999
  7. The_0verthinker_

The_0verthinker_ Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,197 / 105 / -166
    Cause Harrismojis

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  8. The_0verthinker_

The_0verthinker_ Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,197 / 105 / -166
    and theyre like the only 3 non QCs on the squad… just putting that out there :thinking:

No Streaming Account
  9. PieR Talent

PieR Talent Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,803 / 87 / -178
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
    No Streaming Account
  10. Kxv-97

Kxv-97 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +253 / 7 / -7
    I am toxic and indeed a weenie.

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    No Streaming Account
  11. Primetimme

Primetimme - Nick.

Discord:
    primetimme#0
    Ratings:
    +3,684 / 41 / -169
    This is a terrible article @Jrascia and I think you should be ashamed of yourself.

I expected better from the likes of you.

• Funny Funny x 1
    Primetimme1
  12. xgoalscorer9

xgoalscorer9 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +53 / 1 / -5
    @Kev l97l why aren’t you carrying me this season?

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  13. HazeeHype

HazeeHype Well-Known Member

Discord:
    hazeehype#0
    Ratings:
    +272 / 93 / -86
    @D-i-l-d-o--Bike i have an ego? are u a fucking moron, i'm worth 5mil, yes im overpaid this season but it always happens to the people that stay on the board the longest at least i dont have a fucking toilet seat as my fucking logo, FLAMES SEASON FUCK OFF ME ;)

• Get Good Get Good x 3
    • Dumb Dumb x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
    Hazeehype
  14. Jrascia

Discord:
    JR#3872
    Ratings:
    +112 / 20 / -4
    All my words

• Get Good Get Good x 1
    Jrascia
  15. B-Bunny

B-Bunny Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,376 / 47 / -73
    [​IMG]

No Streaming Account
  16. KBI13I

KBI13I Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,580 / 78 / -164
    This type of thread post has always been a good one to make after every bidding session, but yeah summer season bidding is always rough.

Good write-up!

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  17. xCOACH_19

xCOACH_19 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    coachx19#0
    Ratings:
    +519 / 22 / -60
    You must have not seen his disclaimer at the top of his post... this wasn’t his article, it was for a guy who can’t post in forums himself.

• Troll Troll x 1
    • Old Old x 1
    Coachx19
  18. bonwl

bonwl Well-Known Member

Discord:
    bonwl#9306
    Ratings:
    +956 / 37 / -74
    I like this idea, someone get on it!

• Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1
    Bonwl15
  19. Jrascia

Discord:
    JR#3872
    Ratings:
    +112 / 20 / -4
    Not my words you can thank Scy for this

• Get Good Get Good x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    Jrascia
  20. APX x 93

APX x 93 APX x 93

Discord:
    APX x 93#6626
    Ratings:
    +615 / 65 / -102
    I love this ! No pressure on me I'm a top 10 worst contract! Also I never quit on Siilky S9 I just think the guy is a moron

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    apxx93