The Eastern Metro: A breakdown

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming Hockey League (LGHL PSN)' started by Perkosaurus13, Jun 1, 2019.

1. Perkosaurus

Perkosaurus Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Pancakes#6680
    Ratings:
    +293 / 7 / -13
    Hey everyone,I felt like doing a breakdown because i like looking at stats and stuff and have nothing better to do. I don't have a party presense and i don't hang around on the shoutbox, but i do love gifs on the discord. I made this beacuse i was bored and wanted some more media. If you don't want to read it fine, if you do great! I for one personally think it would be excellent bathroom reading material and if you get offended by this well then grow a spine. The teams here are in no particular order.

For this segment i'm going to start with the Eastern Metro

:team7:New Jersey Devils:team7:

-Forwards-

Starting first is the Devils with new owner @BROSKI_002. An AHL GM to get a promotion to NHL ownership, i hope it works out, but it usually never works out for first time owners who were in the AHL, but it's good to finally see you in the NHL.

Let's start off with the highest contracted guy on the team @TMills71. He's a solid 2nd line player who's contract is about 2 mil too much. On average he's put up 58 points throught is career. @VEXEloQuence, the next highest paid guy at 7mil recieves the same money amount as last season. As a winger he's a dangerous goal scorer, but had his worst season last season with only 51 points and only 25 goals, if he can get back up to around 40 goals like season 9 he and TMills would be a dangerous combo as that i would expect that he and TMills are on the same line. These two are going to have to carry the load offensively for this team as the other wingers look underwhelming. @BROSKI_002 like most of the team has very limited NHL playtime, he's spent all of his time beating up the AHL and winning a calder in the process, I think he, Vex and Tmills are the only production this team may see on offense.

After that well, there is where it gets dicey. of all the centers @redflag33 is the only one with any actual NHL experience and he's a 3rd liner, maybe 2nd at best with good players but that's stretching it, I would think that @TiberiussMagnus gets sent down, that bid looks like a throwaway bid to call up @Crafted-95 who was drafted 2nd overall in the draft. Then there's @Reider15-15 who only has 45 NHL games played and most of it was in S7 other than that it was mostly ECU work, he's mostly a career AHLer and finally for the forward group with @Gastr604 his last full season in the NHL was S8 and didn't play S9 and 10 and before S8 he was mainly and AHLer.

Overall the forward group looks bleak, it looks like an AHL squad and the only members of the team i can see contributing are @BROSKI_002, @TMills71 and @VEXEloQuence, you guys getter get your big boy pants on because it might be a long season.

-Defense-

Overall the defense looks a lot better than the forwards with guys who have has more meaningful NHL playtime. Starting off this list is @BrandonUtd with a record of 16-6-1 for his first full NHL season, but didn't get to play in the playoff as the Canadians just missed it. with @DodgesBlueShells both he and brandon have solid contracts but neither of them are 1st pairing dmen. @TBennz had an anbysmal S10 in the NHL, has no AHL experience to fall back on other than one CHL season on the best WHL team, his stats from that season looking back on it now looks like a mirage. he's most likely going to be on the 3rd pair, but at 1.5m as a 3rd pairing dman, i wouldn't be surprised if he gets sent down.

Starting with the GM @NH4JP, he's the best dman out of the entire group and has been in the NHL since S1, however i don't think he's worth a free contract, if he was out in bidding instead of GM i would guess he would get somewhere around 3.5-4M. @vMustacho is the highest paid dman in the group and probably 1.5m too much, expect plenty of hits. and a lot of ego. He's definately a better player than he is in an AHL managment spot. (thanks for trading me to a team that didn't get swept in the first round last season btw). And finally @XIBIGMUMMYIX another long time NHLer since S1. His last two NHL seasons weren't good but he's always seemed to follow up acouple bad seasons with some good ones. I would expect that with he and NH4JP with the most expierence that they lean on those two for tougher matchups, unless they call up one of two of their draft picks, @DelightfulDabs or @xUnReaL97__ to replace him even though they both have a combined 9 total games played in the CHL.

Overall i would be much more optimistic with the defense group than the forwards, there is a lot more experience here than with the forwards, but there really isn't a decent 1st pairing, these guys will need to carry the load and clamp it down cause with the forwards as they are i don't see a lot of goals bieng scored.

-Goalies-

Up first is @JVIysterious- who they got in bidding for 1.5m, and you can tell why he went here, he's played with Broski on the Rampage in previous seasons. In the AHL in the last two seasons he's played in S8 and S9 he was stellar, but skipped out on S10, he's been great in the AHL but when he's ECU'd it's been mainly mixed results and at 1.5m i'd expect him to carry the load as the number 1, but he may have to steal games for this team to win. and finally@Speedytdawg88, a solid career AHL and CHL goalie with the best contract on the entire team with 500k and that's the best contract when getting your first shot in the NHL as a goalie, his NHL playtime consists of ECU work, but when he has played it's been promising.

The goalie pair is questionable with both having minimal NHL playtime, i would expect these guys to face plenty of shots this season. And playing goalie for the first time in the NHL can be tough.

-Closing-

All in all this looks like a bad team on paper, filled with AHL players in almost every posistion with @VEXEloQuence and @TMills71 manning the 1st line with no top center and at 14.5m for just the two of them. Almost half the cap spent on two guys with almost untradeable contracts, good luck. It looks like it's going to be a long season for this team and it hasn't even started yet.

:team6:Columbus Blue Jackets:team6:

-Forwards-

Up next it's Columbus ran by @i9-Stamkos-1i, former owner of the Oilers for S10 and 9 with a record of 88-59-17 as an owner.

Stamkos is probably one of my favorite players in LG and i has a feeling that he's not happy with his production in the last two seasons and would love to get back to 60-70 points like he did in previous seasons. His GM @Akonvict21 has been his GM for both S 9 and 10. He's been in the NHL since the begining and can definately put up 25-35 goals per season. He and Stamkos make solid 1st and 2nd line centers and good centers are almost as hard to come by as good dmen. @Schwartz_x9 comes in as the highest paid LW at 5.25m which might be an overpay, he hasn't put up solid numbers as a forward since season 3, he looks to be a solid 20-25 goal scorer but at over 5m you'd expect him to be on the first line. @The_Blind_Ref at 4.5m appears to be on the 2nd line, he had an uncharacteristically bad S10 with only 29 points, he's usally 50-65 point getter and usually can put up around 30 goals a season, if he can shake of last season and get back into form i would have to expect similar production point wise from past seasons, and he would be a solid contract if that happens.

Getting to the first RW @jeff0012 with a 4m 2s contract. He doens't put up points, at least not since S2 and that was an eternity ago. he looks like another 20 goal scorer, stat wise during the regular season it looks like he goes through the motions and while his regular season stats don't pop out at you, he's been clutch in the playoffs with a 23-9-2 record. Next it's @eZDangles another long time LG dinosaur on this team, he's played everything, from center, to wing to defense, he's literally a utillity man and most definately could potentially put up 20 goals. Lasty the potental 3rd line of @AgedEmbryo, @Maxx_20 and @curlew7 i like, Maxx is your typical 3rd line center that can get 40-50 points and aged that has put up 40 in previous seasons, curlew is a longtime AHL player but on an NHL 3rd line at 500k that's a good contract to just go out there and play, and really all you need your 3rd line to do is to be competetive.

Overall the forward group i like, there's a good deal of experience here with decent depth. There's players with underwhelming seasons recently but if everyone comes together i can see this group being dangerous.

-Defense-

@RSall14 is the highest paid on the team and in the Defense group with 6.5m. Stamkos made sure to lock him up for 3 seasons and with good reason, he's been consistantly one of the best dmen in the leauge for multiple seasons, as he is a 1st pairing dman without a doubt. Next is @Oso-Sic at 1.25m, but he hasn't played since S8 and only played in 18 games on a middling Jets team. I think 1.25 for him is fair as he's pretty much a wildcard as to what to expect at this point with such few games played at this point for missing the last couple seasons. @Goouuu x 27 at 4.5m which seems like an overpay and looks like he's going tp play 2nd pairing with Oso-Sic. @stammerchel another former EDM bid i would 100% expect to be playing with RSall as they were a pairing last season. @killerzqc and @bigdogrex looks to be on the 3rd pair at 500k each, killerz had a solid AHL career but hasn't played since S8 and the last time bigdog played was waaay back in S3.

Overall this with the defense the 1st pair looks solid with stammerchel and RSall, but then comes questionmarks with guys like Oso, Killerz and Bigdog who haven't played in the league for a while. If Oso and Goouuu play well as a 2nd pairing while Rsall and Stammer lock it up i'll like those bidding choices more. but honsetly aside from the 1st pariing i don't know what to expect.

-Goalies-

Coming in at 1.25m is @AhL_Allstar-3. He looks to be the main man in the crease for this team, he's been around a long time and has played 355 games all in net. He's not a top guy, but he's solid and can get the job done. @Canadas__Game416 looks to be the number 2 at 750k, i wouldn't expect him to get many games as @AhL_Allstar-3 as he's only played 49 games in net and that was back in S8, but he could be a serviceable number 2.

-Closing-

This team has a lot of potental, it could be boom or bust. This team has many players with an abundance of NHL experience but many haven't played recently. If this team comes together it could be a solid team in the hunt for a playoff spot with decent depth, if it doesn't come together i can't see this team sniffing a playoff spot.

:team78:Pittsburgh Penguins:team78:

-Forwards-

@xNav61 former owner of the Avalanche is one of the best owners in the league with a record as owner 161-69-16 including two cups, how he doesn't have a Jack Adams by now is beyond everyone who has ever asked that question. All he does is make teams that win.

Starting with @xNav61 is the team's 1st line center he's a consistant 35-45 goal scorer and has gotten under 20 wins once and is no question one of the top players in the league. @KingClutch x 77 the GM a really good choice, he's played both defense and center and defensive centers who can put up points is hard to find. The last time he played center was S9, but only put up 39 points, i would have to expect more this season. @Hriiz the 10m player on the team is the highest paid, i expect him to play with Nav on the first line and just rack up points, aside from two 50 point seasons in S10 and 9 he's put up big numbers, he can for sure put up 35-40 goals and with Nav i would expect nothing less. @eastons17 another power hitter on the team put up points, he's been on nothing but winning teams his entire career and i figure this season for him would be no different he like other top guys on this team can put up anywhere from 30 to 50 goals.

@nehxC i can see as a 2nd line player, he put up 50 points even last season including bagging another 20 in the playoffs. I can see him, clutch and eastion as a line and that could be a very dangerous line. @alanscanucks i figure him fitting in the first line with nav and hriiz, alans has been playing on and off since S2 but i think last season was his breakout season with 70 points he's always been a good player, but last season was the first time he's been able to get on a really good team, i would expect at least a 60-65 point season from him if he's playing with nav. The 3rd line @Claeys, @mooresy 27 and @Tychi66 looks like a solid 3rd line, Claeys can get 40-45 points and mooresy with lone xbox player here is a solid 3rd line center, Tychi i can't see anymore than 35 points but with the 3rd line on this team they don't really need to do too much.

Overall this forward group is nasty, there is a lot of power hitters in this lineup, it almost makes it look like the 90's steroid era hitters. Everyone in the first two lines is fully capable of 30 goals or more and with the 3rd line on this team you just need them to show up and hold a controller cause the first two lines will carry this team.

-Defense-

@x_ReAcTiiOnz_71 a carry over from the roster swap is the highest paid dman on this squad, he's first pairing and i would expect more of the same with him on the team locking it down. @Reincremation at 2.5m is a solid contract for a 2nd pairing dman he's had decent seasons, i'm not sure how much of an impact he'll have on this team with how loaded it is up front but all he's got to do is not do too much and he'll be fine. @jmligt with a 15-8-4 season in his first NHL season not sure which paring he'll be on, but if i were to guess it would be first line, before last season he's had an excellent AHL career and at 1.25m he's got a solid contract here. @ItsJodach, @CelpHxTitleD506 @Girgs28 are all forwards playing defense this season, i don't know what to expect from them but they don't have to do much given who's at forward.

Overall the defense is the weakest link of this team reactiionz is the best player in the group, but half of the d core here don't play defense, if these guys pinch and try to play forward these guys could get moved real quick.

-Goalies-

Starting with @Lehk- at 1.5m he looks to be the number 1, he played last season as a goalie and while he played well he only played 24 games and only 336 shots, i would expect him to split time with @Lach12 who's played over 230 games in net. Lach has been an okay goalie with last season bieng his best in a while, i can see him being the number 2 and possibly stepping to play more if needed.

-Closing-

This team is a playoff team that's elevated by it's offense, this teams weakest links is it's defense and goaltending. I can see the forwards playing so well it could mask the deficiency of the defense. I don't see the defensive core as a whole bieng terrible but just average. I can definately see trades happen to improve the back end of this team. The goaltending appears to be another issue for me here, Lehk at 1.5 for only one season of production with 24 games is too much for my tastes.

:team27:New York Islanders:team27:

-Forwards-

Following the Islanders winning the cup the team gets a new owner with @memphisonfire, another AHL GM turned owner, who had issues getting a GM. As everyone knows going from AHL GM to NHL Owner almost always ends badly, i hope this isn't the case here but lets continue with the breakdown of the S11 Islanders.

Starting off is the highest paid @coorsi88 with 7.25m a career NHL player, he's a solid 60-65 point player, who's more of a goal scorer, he's going to be on this team's first line. @Pezdemic at 5.25m is completely overpaid, he's an AHL player probably worth 2m, he was a 20 goal scorer in the AHL. with his contract he's going to be on the 1st line and while in the AHL that's what he can be, he's prob not that in the NHL. I feel bad for him here but it's not his fault. @xShauN88 is the 2nd most expereinced player here, he's another long time LG player, his career has been streaky he can get anything from 70 points to 30 points, on this team i would take the under. @deerhunter2911 has played two seasons in the NHL but has never gotten 20 goals, in short his NHL career has been nothing like his AHL career. The GM @mikelong11 played one season in the NHL in S8 otherwise he's pretty much an AHL player and most likely not worth the free contract, he's probably going to be on the 2nd line.

@soul2cold77 at 2.25m is another overpaid player here, he probably going to play on the 2nd line but in reality should be a 3rd line player, he's another player on this team so far that's had better AHL seasons than in the NHL. @TheWalmartThugB is a career CHL player skipping past the AHL, where he should be playing. He's had a good CHL career but who really cares about the CHL, it's a shitshow where anyone decent can put up numbers. and @cLaPPxD and @XxProvorov9xX two more CHL and AHL players, they barely have any games in the NHL but thats the theme of the forward group here.

Overall this is a sad group. I feel bad for coorsi and shaunn here. The entre group here are mainly CHL and AHL players with little to no NHL experience, but at least they had solid AHL seasons. I can see this group getting shut down by the many NHL teams that will trap with the living daylight out of them, you guys better learn how to play in the NHL fast or this team will fall apart fast.

-Defense-

@calmblueicex she's going to be first pairing for this team, she's got a lot of NHL experience and has been solid If the forwards are a horror show this season i can see her using one of her trade requests to get off this team. @Samurai-Siaki in the same boat as calm has been a longtime NHL dman, he's going to also play on the first pairing for this team and like calm he signed a 2 season and he should be thankful that he did cause that's his get out of purgatory free card like calm. @x-TML-x played his first full season in the NHL last season and went 18-7-2, can't scoff at that he's going to be a 2nd pairing dman here. @phillysmvp one of the few contracts on this team i like 1m for an AHL player, but he's prob going to play on the second line here. and @xOneTimer and @memphisonfire two AHL dmen with no NHL experience, but solid AHL careers.

Overall i actually like the d core, there's acouple solid NHL dmen here, but also its taken over by AHL players. The defense will not save this team, it may help win a game here or there but i can see many of these guys being traded when things fall apart.

-Goalies-

The starting tendy here is @StackedPads, he's the highest paid here with 1m and had a solid regular season in S10, otherwise he's had a solid AHL career. And finally it's @l-x_Marner_x-l an AHL goalie going to the NHL, good luck. This is the best situation for a goalie, and i'm serious, play well and you'll find yourself on a better team. you're guarenteed to face a crapload of shots, so make the most of them and if you happen to steal a game here or there good job.

-Closing-

This is not an NHL team, it's an AHL team. This has happened before where an AHL GM comes to the AHL and brings in AHL players thinking you'll dominate, i know i've been there and it was the worst experience for everyone involved. this team wont be the worst ever, there is talent here, there are actual NHL players here but they are few and far between. I hope the best for you @memphisonfire i really do cause it's going to be a long season.

:team4:Philiadelphia Flyers:team4:

-Forwards-

The Flyers is headed by @xCounter43x a longtime player and owner, this is his first time back in ownership since S7 his W/L as an owner is 248-134-28 with a cup back in S7, since then he's been GM.

Starting off the forwards is @Krejci l46l an xbox player at 5m, on the xbox side he's a 20-25 goal scorer and he usually gets a 750k contract over there, this looks like an overpay just because he's an xbox player, his last season on PSN was S8 going 8-12-3 and 41 points, nothing special. I'm pointing this out because xbox player usually get high bids, bacause they're xbox players but they usually don't translate to the PSN side of things, we'll have to see here. Up next is @ScooTz-10 he's been around awhile and is usually a 20-25 goal scorer, i can see him getting anywhere around 50-60 points, i'm curious how he'll do at center as he's spent most of his time at RW, but i don't think there's anything to worry about here. @HJHF14 is the GM, i really like this player, while he's not going to put up eye popping numbers, he's one of the best defensive centers in the league. @Extendo28 i expect to be their 3rd line center, he played in every level last season, spending most of his time in the CHL, his last full NHL season was back in S4.

@ll-lMaGiiKzl-ll they got at 1m, he's a wildcard as i'm not sure what to expect from him he hasn't played since S2 back on NHL16. If he can put up something around 50 points and at 1m that's a bargain. @djunreal2010 i see as a 3rd liner as that's what he's been, a consistant 30 point player, i can see him putting up similar numbers as he has been putting up. I don't know how @SEJerome26 was able to play in the NHL last season as he only played 1 game in the CHL prior and he's not an xbox player, he had 40 points last season and i don't know if i should expect the same, he's literally an unknown here, he did put up 22 goals last season, so if can he do that again at 500k it's a good deal. @BMauro98 a career AHL and CHL player, i don't know what line he's going to play on but in past seasons he's put up decent numbers, i'm curious as to what he'll do in the NHL but 500k is the best contract for someone to start out in the NHL with. @DrewGMR i can see as a send down here, he's A status and a career CHLer. I wonder if he's an AHL bid, they did draft @Metcalf91 and @Goofy_indian so one of them could get a call up, depending on which they like the most.

Overall this is an average forward group, headed by HJHF, ScooTz and Krejci, but other than that i don't see any dangerous goal scorers here, unless it's a stingy defensive forward group where they can score 2 goals a game and shut it down the rest of the way. If that's the case i don't see it working long term, this sqaud needs some goal scorers and i could expect @xCounter43x to trade for one if he's fighting for a playoff spot.

-Defense-

This is the best part of the team with some solid dmen. Leading the way with a massive contract at 12m is @Desjy99, not sure if 12m is worth it, might be slighty too much but for one of the best dmen in the league i'm fine with it, the 12m however could've been better served to spread around alittle more and get multiple players, but so far the theme with this team is defense first and they got one of the top dogs here to be a sure fire 1st pair. @Bry2230 is most likely Desjy D partner here as they've both played for Buffalo last season, he's also been in the league a while and has been solid throughout and at 5.25m a solid contract here. @xCounter43x the owner should be on the 2nd line here, he's been around a long time and knows how to get it done, he's a solid dman who's been in management a long time. @JSILVERS i can see as his D parter here he hasn't played since S8, but he was solid in past seasons and at 750k could be a steal if he plays well, especially in past seasons he was given 5m contracts. @Jeown is listed at RD, but i would bet he plays LD as he did last season he and @NealRambo35 is going to be the 3rd pairing here, both are career AHLers with cheap contracts, perfect for the third line.

Overall i love this defense, Desjy, Bry, Counter and Silvers make up the top 4, i can see these guys being very stingy, these are the D pairings you want in close games, all of them has had success and i expect these guys to carry this team.

-Goalies-

@chadkillz134 i see being the number 1 here, he's got the most playing time and has been solid in past seasons. Spilting time with him is @Navyynick who plays goalie during seasons he doesn't feel like playing forward in the AHL, he's another solid cheap goalie here. Its a decnt duo and i see a 5-4 split here with chad getting the heavier workload.

-Closing-

This team says defense to me, i can't see piles of goals bieng scored but at the same time i can see them put up 2 goals a game and just shut teams down defensively and good team defense in this game wins games. The D core is the best part of the team and they will carry the load, if they falter this season could potentially go down the drain. I see this as a middle of the pack team in the hunt for a playoff spot, if they can get some goal scorers via trade or call up they could make a run.

:team12:New York Rangers:team12:

-Forwards-

Up next is the Rangers owner @Bo-Dangles10 his owner record since taking ownership S7 is 206-80-42. He's made really good top end teams every seaons, winning back to back presidents trophies in S9 8, he's even won a Jack Adams, whats missing from this impressive resume is a cup.

Leading off the forward group is 7.75m @APX x 93, and Xbox player who went 4.5 on the xbox side last season, this looks like an overpay for a 20 goal scorer here. For the cap he's got you would want him to carry a line and i just don't think he's able to do that. Up next is everyone's favorite @Hra-ow sitting at 4.75m is another overpay for this squad, he's maybe worth 1.75m at best. he's got skill but has never put up 40 points or even 20 goals in a season, i see him with the contract that he has as a 2nd liner, he probably should be on the 3rd line though. @Dansne the 3m AGM split time in the league as both a center and dman, he's probably the best defensive center on the team, he's never gotten to 50 points but he's solid on the draw but the most important part for center is defense, as a good defensive center is hard to come by. @xChyz- at 9m is another overpay here hovering around 45 points in his last 3 seasons he appears to be on the downswing here, if they get 50 points from him this season that's an improvement, but not worth the 9m, i hope he can get back into his old self cause if he does then watch out, but right now i can't see that happening as @D-i-l-d-o--Bike wrote in his worst contracts piece "I hope NYR signed Chyz for his veteran presence and cup experience because if not, all they signed was a name."

@SirGabQc02 was drafted 17th last season and had a solid 64 point rookie season, if he can put up similar or better numbers while still on his rookie contract look out, i can definately see him playing in one of the top two lines here. @Jasono_I96I looks to be a 3rd liner here on this group putting up around 40 points in his last two seasons, but with winning records, he looks like a solid depth option here. @KMAC5 dman turned into winger this season, as a dman he usually goes for around 4m, i can see him on the 2nd line, if he puts up 50 points and at 750k that's a real bargain. @ZeRo-I92I and @CapitalDefense21 rounding out the 3rd line, both AHL players on cheap contracts, all they have to do is be competetive. Bo did draft acouple forwards, but i expect them to start in the AHL or CHL to begin the season, i wouldn't be shocked if one of them gets called up later in the season on the 3rd line.

Overall it's a decent forward group headed by acouple guys who are overpaid, but if they are able to play up to their contracts or close to it, than overpaid or not it doesn't matter. there's decent depth hrere and if it all comes together it could be one of better forward groups in the Metro.

-Defense-

leading the way is the owner @Bo-Dangles10, he's one of the best dmen in the league and he's been around a long time, he's even won a norris S5, he's definately worth the free contract and is a 1st pairing dman here. @Mike813499 the GM is another solid dman in here i would expect he and dangles to be manning the 1st pairing together and that is a pairing that should be able to clamp anyone. If i were to guess i would say @Twisty-_-72 who was drafted 13th overall to be on the 2nd line, you don't draft someone that high and have them sit in the AHL i can see @sales-_-majestes get the send down here as he's A status. I can see @Butt_Fisted getting a call up here as he was drafted 34th overall, to me that could spell trouble for @Big_Gren who could get traded to make room for fisted. @xBrando92 looks to be saved here as he's listed as RD but has played LD in the AHL, i see him on the 3rd pairing. rounding out the D group is @SMx71- a former winger, he's never played defense full time in LG but for 3rd pairing you don't have to expect much.

-Goalies-

I'm curious how the goaltending will hold up here, both guys don't have much expereince in the NHL in net, but i would assume @ciulla19 gets most of the games at 1m, he wasn't the starter last season with only 35 regular season games but i would expect him to get at least 50 games this season as the number 1. He's been solid on every team he's been on. @Breezy5457 a dman going goalie this season he's most likely going to be the number two. the last time he was a goalie was S8 with only 24 games. I'd look for him to maybe only get 3 games a week here.

-Closing-

At first glance this looks like a solid team on paper with decent depth, upon a more detailed inspection there are a couple of guys who are overpaid with moderately big egos. The first defensive paring is a good one after that it looks like draft picks will be called up to replace some of these guys as there is 2.75m in cap space left. The goalies are guys who have never had a number one role in the NHL. This team is going to be fighting for a playoff spot, if the egos are not in check and this team falls flat out of the gate it could fall apart. I can't see this team as a cup contender but i can see them in a playoff race.

:team74:Carolina Hurricanes:team74:

-Forwards-

The owner @TKonecnyX11 or ImaDoer3 has been an owner S10,6and 5 with a record of 93-128-22 as an owner. Last season his team wasn't good as they finished 14th in the east.

Begining with the highest paid guy @NicoH58 at 6.5m. He's a longtime xbox player who's a consistant 25 goal scorer in the NHL and has put up decent numbers in the AHL on xbox. I'm not sure if his play can translate on PSN, but if it does that 6.5 2s contract is a solid one, he looks to be this teams 1st line center. @Reddy is the next highest paid forward on here at 2.75m, he didn't play in S10 after having his worst season in S9 with only 31 points on a bad Canes team. His former success was in S6 and later where he put up 20-35 goals per season, but he didn't play S7,8 or 10 it's unkown whether or not he can get back to those numbers. @xSavvy67 comes in at 2m, he's an AHL player. 2m is most likely too much for him, he has no NHL experience and strikes me as a 3rd liner, and at 2m that's too much for a 3rd liner. @TWiiiGzz another 2m player that looks like a 3rd line center, he's another AHLer, he has some NHL playtime but hasn't put up good results.

@JJr the GM looks like so far the first line LW, he's a better xbox player than he is a PSN player as his numbers are more consistant over there and he usually gets around 30 goals. On PSN he's had a streaky career he can put up 60 points or 40, he's not a consistant goal scorer and the last time he played a full season in the NHL on PSN was S8. His career is like Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde, on the Xbox side you can make a case for him as a free contract on the PSN side not so much. The owner @TKonecnyX11 is probably going to be 2nd line center where he probably should be though is 3rd line. He can get 20 goals and 40 points but he'll probably end up being a -30. @bigMonge12 with a team friendly 500k 2S contract, he's never been to the playoffs but he's a decent 3rd line player who can get you 20 goals. He's solid depth with a good contract. @the1dragon is a CHL player, i figure him to get waived. Finally @KermieFinesse is an xbox AHLer who's an average AHLer and bad NHLer on the xbox side, i don't see him bieng any factor this season.

Overall its not a good forward group, not by far. this team has some xbox guys but no elite talent, who knows how @NicoH58 will turn out but by the looks of this group so far, not well. This team did draft a lot of players i wouldn't be surprised if some of them gets called up like @INI_SkilzZ_99 who was drafted 7th overall.

-Defense-

Starting with @Alexdrum100 at 5m. A solid NHL dman, he's been around a long time, spent time playing center and defense. He's going to be a 1st paring dman on this team, He's normally a 2nd/ fringe 1st pairing dman. @Smitterr another Xbox player, but he's a career AHL xbox player. He had a solid 82 point AHL season on PSN, but he was a center and he's going to defense this season at 4.25m and that might be an overpay who's not even an NHL player on xbox and for someone who hasn't played defense a full season on PSN. @Kingduckbuttah an AHL dman last played a full season in the NHL S9, he's had a solid AHL career and bieng the lowest contracted LD i'd expect him to be 3rd pairing.

Hey look another xbox player with @Motown, he's a solid AHL xbox player with not much xbox NHL playtime, at 3m and the highest paid he should be first pairing. @Skoden773 @1.25m looks to be 2nd pairing, but has only played 4 total NHL games, otherwise he's a AHL, CHL player, and look he's played on Xbox. Finally we get to @Chaskin12 he's a 3rd pairing dman who's been playing in the NHL for a long time with the best contract at 500k.

Overall the only guy i really like on here is Alexdrum, he's has actual NHL experience, the rest are AHL players, mostly on xbox, but AHLer nonetheless. The defensive core as a whole is pretty average.

-Goalie-

Getting the majority of the games is @jasonx1755. he's a consistant solid goalie in the league, i would expect him to get around 40-45 games. @Xeazyklllx is the number two here with jason as the number one, he had a decent S10 on a bad team. The goalie duo here i like, both are solid goalies.

-Closing-

This is an xbox team, and it's not like it's the best xbox players either aside from Nico. Virtually every xbox player here are AHL players, not many has NHL experience and xbox plays many times don't translate to PSN. Just because you have xbox players doesn't mean your a good team. I see this team bieng near the bottom, almost everyone is expendable and they have many drafted players in TC. It's going to be a long season for this team.

:team14:Washington Capitals:team14:

-Forwards-

The owner of the Cap is @OdessaSteps he's been in management a long time but he was only an owner in S6 and 7 with a record as owner of 99-53-12, he's been in the league a long time and the last two teams he owned were playoff teams.

@Kev l97l is the highest paid player here with 8.5m, a big overpay, he's mainly a LW and he's never played center before in LG. From what i know of him he's a high ego player, if this team isn't good i would expect him to walk away from this team. He is however a solid goal scorer, if he can win faceoffs and play decent D and have servicable posistioning as a center while keeping his ego in check that pricetag is worth it. Playing with Kev is @GhostMK he was taking in bidding for 7m is an overpay. he's worth probably around 4.5 mil and he's a 2nd line player going to probably play on the first line. @SidTheKid_PiTT87 is most likely going to play on the 2nd line for this team, he's a solid player with good skill, he hasn't put up big numbers but he can get 25 goals and can play center in a pinch and a 2m for a player that can play wing and play center pretty well is a solid contract. @LaPlante94, he's played since season 2 in the NHL and has had a nice career. At 4.5m he's a first line player here with that contract and at 4.5m it's a good contract for a 55-60 point player.

@x_Jedi_x420 is probably one of the better 3rd liners in the league, he's been around a long time and is solid depth. @CRAZYROGO-1-7 is this 2nd line center still on his rookie contract at 2m he had 40 points in his first NHL season, before that he put up big numbers in the CHL which is why he was drafted 4th overall in S10. @ItsWillee is 2nd line here at 1.25m he had 51 points points last season. @toslick another career NHL 3rd liner he's good for 35-45 points he, like jedi are some of the better 3rd line guys, they've been around a long time and you know what you're getting. @oshlag at 500k can i can expect to be on the 3rd line.

Overall it's a solid forward group, but 15.5m was spent on two guys pretty much half the cap. I really like the depth here it's a solid third line that can win games and i think the 2nd line can be sneaky good, but it might be too much for them. The 2nd line has good players but if they play against a better team i can expect them to get shut down. The question mark is Kev he's really good with other good player and while GhostMK is good he's more of a 2nd liner, if things don't start well i can see kev being a problem.

-Defense-

@OdessaSteps, the owner has been around a long time, he's a solid 2nd pairing dman going to most likely going to play 1st line. @Sedinpower the GM looks play 1st pairing with Odessa, he's been around a long time as well and is a solid dman. He's well worth the free contract, if he was in bidding i'd expect him to be 6-7mil. @Mayor_35 still on his rookie contract looks to be 2nd pairing, he was good in his first season in the NHL, he doesn't take many penalties which is want you want from your dman, a solid 2nd pairing dman here. @Jbarnett2001 looks like Mayor's 2nd Pairing partner here, he's played since season one and has been solid. @Uberpwned_6969 at 500k is an AHL dman playing on the 3rd pair with @Shaynestaa another 500k 3rd pairing dman, it's a decent enough 3rd pair and at 500k for both you don't need to have high expectations for these guys.

Overall it's an okay defensive core, Odessa and Sedin are the main guys here Mayor is entering his 2nd NHL season and we don't know if they'll be a delcine in his play or not, Jbarnett is decent enough, but he's more of a 3rd pairing dman maybe fringe 2nd. I can see the defense bieng the weakness for this team here.

-Goalie-

@Agger23 at 1.5 is going to be the main guy here, a solid goalie,but he's never played anyhwere near 40 games his entire career, maybe this is the season he finally gets to that milestone. @OsamaBinSTABBIN at 750k is the number 2 here, he's a solid AHL goalie getting his first shot in the NHL. The games he's ECU'd shows promise, i can expect that if he outplays agger, he could get the majority of the games.

-Closing-

This team to me seems like a middle of the pack team in this divison fighting for a playoff spot. It has good depth players but most of the team is depth players this team will rely a lot on its first line and highest paid to win games. The defense after Odessa and Sedin doesn't look like 2nd pairing guys and the goaltending while good doesn't have a large sample size, agger for 1.5m almost never goes 5-6 games a week. This team on paper looks average i can see some trades happening for improvements to be made.

-Well that conludes the Metro, i had fun writing it and hope you guys like it too. I may do the Pacific next, if anyone want to give me some info on their team so i can go more in depth about a partiular player that would be great. As this is my first piece any constructive critism to improve this is apreciated. If anyone's feelings are hurt by this then too bad.

• Like Like x 46
    • Winner Winner x 10
    • Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1
    No Streaming Account
  2. Reider15-15

Reider15-15 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Reider15-15#5161
    Ratings:
    +95 / 2 / -13
    AHLer here nice write up though

• Funny Funny x 1
    Reider1515
  3. KarlssonIsGod

KarlssonIsGod Well-Known Member

Discord:
    KarlssonIsGod#4202
    Ratings:
    +106 / 113 / -65
    Good job! I bet that took awhile to write up.....

• Get Good Get Good x 1
    KarlssonIsGod
  4. Perkosaurus

Discord:
    Pancakes#6680
    Ratings:
    +293 / 7 / -13
    It did, but i literally had nothing better to do lol

• Like Like x 2
    No Streaming Account
  5. FrenchMoron

FrenchMoron Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,056 / 70 / -198
    10/10 for best toilet seat read in a long time.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    No Streaming Account
  6. OG-ZeRo-92

OG-ZeRo-92 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +488 / 10 / -47
    Good write up just done too soon there are way too many moves that are going to be made most rosters will be a lot different before opening night

• Creative Creative x 1
    No Streaming Account
  7. x_Jedi_x420

x_Jedi_x420 Pew Pew Pew

Ratings:
    +164 / 29 / -13
    Great write up brother, much respect

No Streaming Account
  8. Crafted l95l

Crafted l95l Clapping Bots Bro

Ratings:
    +227 / 33 / -23
    Devils szn

• Like Like x 1
    • Get Good Get Good x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
    crafted95
  9. JAAMx93x

JAAMx93x Well-Known Member

Discord:
    jmorrow474 Aka AhL_Allstar-3#8394
    Ratings:
    +421 / 5 / -16
    I like it !!! I used to be a top guy but I stopped playing. I’ll get my status back

ahl_allstar_3
  10. Perkosaurus

Discord:
    Pancakes#6680
    Ratings:
    +293 / 7 / -13
    I fully expect that to happen.

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  11. TMiIls

TMiIls Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +66 / 0 / -6
    Good work, Perk!

tmills71
  12. Illyfilly

Illyfilly Brenty Gee

Ratings:
    +398 / 89 / -196
    Kev doesn’t have an ego. He’s just emo and mentally damaged from all the marijuana he now consumes. Ghost will be his main babysitter, but EmoKevov has plenty of Dads to discipline the baby and keep him in check. @Kev l97l

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
    No Streaming Account
  13. Barzyyx13

Barzyyx13 Execute Order 66

Discord:
    Barzyyx13#0883
    Ratings:
    +708 / 32 / -136
    I want a rematch in mlb the show 19. Nice write up. But you are going down this time. Super Saiyan Sid

• Funny Funny x 1
    No Streaming Account
  14. IamTwistxd

IamTwistxd Well-Known Member

Discord:
    svech.37#0
    Ratings:
    +44 / 0 / -0
    Perk my bro great write up....was a great read

No Streaming Account
  15. WJP089

WJP089 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,464 / 60 / -178
    Very well written, my friend. Thanks for the quality.

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  16. The_0verthinker_

The_0verthinker_ Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,197 / 105 / -166
    I think im about where i should be salary wise, according to what ive been before and on the lines ive played on in the nhl.
    Yes, a lot of hits. No, not a lot of ego.
    Also, i wasnt the one that traded you. I was mostly just a free contract

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  17. xCounter43x

xCounter43x Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +542 / 134 / -171
    @Perkosaurus13 good write up man.... curious how u gave nav credit for 2 cups and me one when 1 of his cups were as my AGM o_O

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
    No Streaming Account
  18. Perkosaurus

Discord:
    Pancakes#6680
    Ratings:
    +293 / 7 / -13
    You're right, brain fart