Western Conference Playoff Predictions

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming Hockey League (LGHL)' started by Really Good Dad, Jun 3, 2019.

1. RGDeded

RGDeded Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,213 / 47 / -134
    Pacific

1. Edmonton Oilers

Top to Bottom this team is stacked. Up and down this lineup there isn’t a line that cant win on a nightly basis regardless of what the opposition throws at them. What puts this team over the top is the savvy move from @Magneto98x last season to trade away 2 great contracts in @trevwings and @P3k1ng DuK in return for what turned into two of the most dynamic players in the draft who can instantly slot onto your top line and top pairing in @Beaudy x 91 and @Doughty x I8I The next great decision by management was when they decided to put 98 into bidding instead of @jared2112 in a plan that was almost foiled until a late snipe gave way for Edmonton to move in and secure 98 in bidding creating almost 3m in cap the team was unable to use in prior season. @Dekelicious and @x Welsh 16 who are both great goalies and with the help from this unreal defense could possible break some of the records of the s32 Canadiens. The only thing that is slightly concerning with Edmonton is a Game 7 forward line. They lack that forward who can absolutely take over a game but with all the chemistry and skill they have up and down this lineup and the game changers on the back end I am sure there will be a few guys who will be able to get the job done if a game 7 is needed.

X-Factor- Game 7 Forward Line
    2) Anaheim Ducks

After back to back Stanley Cup losses will this be the season that the Ducks get the job done? Only time will tell. With one of the best management duos in the league in @CaLL Me Jakoo and @Odieeeeee they are also returning some serious fire power in @KosmicEA, @x1x Datsyuk x3x and @Girgss. They added 2 more key pieces in the offseason with @OFs and @P3k1ng DuK who are both on excellent contracts. The big bidding acquisition was @Jemima who I expect to reunite with Jakoo on the top line and create some more of that BBB magic. With not much to fill in bidding Jakoo used their PSN knowledge to add some quality defenders in @Professor_Merana and @Jrascia The only question mark with this team is goaltending. @Lehk- and @CRANK xv are both very respected AHL goalies but will they be able to replicate their AHL success in the NHL is a question that we will have to wait to have answered. Luckily for Anaheim they should be able to put up 4+ every game.

X-Factor- Goalies

3)Arizona Coyotes

The French have invaded the desert and and they are easily one of the most balanced teams in the league. @l3l Ray l8l who is solidifying his position as one of the best owners in the league built a great core with 2 of the best contracts in the league with @R0tes and @Zigg989 went out and brought in @Zarvek who is one of the best goal scorers in the league to be his GM you are looking at a team that is built for success pre bidding. In bidding they went and grabbed one of the best Rw’s in the game in @EthanF74 and 2 lowkey very good RDs in @l Stastny26 l and @Dimitri x 91 while adding a 3rd rd who is new to the position but as a defensive forward @IlFox should be a steal at 500k. Pound for pound offensively I don’t think this team is strong enough to overtake the top 2 but I don’t think they are weak enough to drop out of a division playoff spot. The biggest issue I have with Arizona is the goaltending situation spending 500k on 2 goalies with that both have a sub .800 sv % in the NHL.

X- Factor- Goalies

Central

1) St. Louis Blues.

Slim Adams @Lehkonen x 62 and @JJr are back for another season after taking the league by storm winning the Presidents Trophy only to come up short in the 1st round of the playoffs last season. They started out the offseason right bringing In 2 guys what know how to win in @ArchambauIt and @TacticalSwim who should quickly cement themselves as the top line for the Blues. @Ix C M xI and @Soto I99I look to continue their success from last season as being one of the best run and gun lines in the league while the management line will continue the success they have throughout their LGHL careers. This team does not have a 3rd line and in reality I don’t think they have a true 1st line but they have 3 high end 2nd lines with more chemistry than most people have with their significant other. In bidding the Blues brought in long time friend of JJR in @Chislett 19 who seems determined to turn his struggles around and being a betting man id expect him to do just that. Adding @x TERRY x 77 to play next to @xW 4 R D you are looking at one of the best D pairs in the league to go along with Calder Finalist @lBeLiEvEJESUSl you are looking at a very stable back end. @I PowerPak I has the ability to be one of the best 500k goalies in the league when he is on his game he is a real pain in the ass to get the puck past but I have seen stretched on inconsistency in his game and being a run and gun team he may be facing quite a few high scoring chances that can get him off his game. This team is full of passion and when they are winning things will be great for this team but if they hit a rough patch id like to see how they weather the storm.

X-Factor- Personalities

2) Winnipeg Jets

Neal and Poland have built a contender in the Central and I wouldn’t be the least bit surprised if they end the season as the top seed in the Central. They started the offseason by bringing in one of the better 500k guys in the league in Twistafied as well as a very good RD in sleeman guy who bring in tons of value at their current contracts. In bidding they grabbed arguable 2 of the best contracts for elite players in MT98 and Bones while adding a game 7 LD to play next to Neal if that situation arises. I would expect them to call up Henreek and Murds who were 2/3rds of one of the best lines in the AHL last season as well as a extremely talented Right D in Focus TF. If they can replicate the success they had at the AHL last season they can be one of the best 3rd lines in the league this season. Buck will be holding down the pipes as the starting goalie for the Jets and he has proven the last 2 season that he is every bit deserving of this role as well as worth every penny of his contract. The only thing this team is missing is some certain depth. They have a lot of good players on the roster but it will be interesting to see if the 2nd and 3rd lines can live up to the expectations of Neal and Poland.

X- Factor – Depth

3)Dallas Stars

Back together as a management duo the last time @BWZinc and @Xx LoL xX 9 ran a team together they just went out and won a Cup. Will they do it again? If I was going to be betting on a team it wouldn’t be them but they absolutely put together a great roster filled with some proven vets and solid goaltending. The teams biggest strength is the Defense with @NoThumbSweatyAF , @SchroyDaddy , @Kopi and @l T Nicholls l rounding out the top 4. In the forward group it is made of mostly of once elite vets who have seen their stock drop over the past few seasons but I believe they bring enough to the table and have enough gas in the tank to really surprise some people this season. The only thing I see missing from this team is the top line wingers to play with LoL. Ill be looking for this team to make a splash with a trade to grab a player who can help LoL carry his line to a 17+ win season.

X-Factor- Top Line Scoring

WC(1) San Jose Sharks

@VI17AIN and @SamDelisle9 are back for another season sporting a roster that has a offensive fire power up and down the line up with 2 goalies who can win on any given night. We have the usual suspects from San Jose with @DR0C @Tom 0 @Bane Dont Care @Nick Kef and @DontEvenMaatta adding some new faces to the brand with @wayshee @Daddy Kaneee @Koho and a top prospect in @MacDonaldI97I . The big shark that was landed in bidding is @x Fisher 81 who if he plays the whole season may be one of the best contracts in the league and an absolute game breaker for this sharks team. Overall I think this is a roster that is all around very good but I would not be surprised if they do not reach their potential.

X-Factor- X Fisher

Wc(2) Minnesota Wild

@VVaGs82 and @ICExCREAMxTRUCK are back at it and looking at this team it may be the best one they have made. The usual faces are back in Minnesota as well as some new faces that have proven to be very competent NHL guys. The big story for this team will be redemption and playing better than they did in prior seasons and I have no doubt they will. The goaltending and d core look a little suspect but when you have one of the best contracts in the league with @AlexeiKovalev27 and arguably the most gifted goal scorer in the league in @Stifmeister x 7 this team should seriously compete for that last WC spot. The only thing that will stop them is the elite Management that will be chasing them in Dings and 4th.

X-Factor- Redemption and Chemistry

Bubble- Chicago Blackhawks

@Im4thLineWorthy and @Givemedings16 are back together in what we all expected to be one of the best teams in the league this season. Resigning @mferra32 and @Lingross and trading for @Stoner x 95 and @l1l Sharp l0l to go along with the already rostered players @PieR Talent and perennial Vezina finalist @BizyBounce this team was set up to build a filthy team in bidding. Fortunately for the Central and rest of the league this didn’t happen. They brought in some good contacts but looking at this team it isn’t a team that jumps out at you and screams excellence. The good thing for Chicago is they have one of the best management duos in the league who will have this team looking much better in a few weeks even with Dings reluctance to make a trade in hopes of building chemistry.

X-Factor- Management

TLDR-

:team11:
    :team31:
    :team28:

:team3:
    :team391:
    :team9:

:team15:
    :team30:

:team75:

• Like x 30
    • Winner x 6
    • Funny x 2
    • Dislike x 1
    • Get Good x 1
    • Informative x 1
    • Bad Spelling x 1
    ReallyGooodDad
  2. DekeoIogist

DekeoIogist Chirp a Day keeps a Shitter away

Discord:
    Deke#6969
    Ratings:
    +1,355 / 242 / -250
    • Like Like x 5
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    No Streaming Account
  3. Farfadet92

Farfadet92 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +219 / 12 / -29
    farfadet92
  4. Nealerr

Nealerr Well-Known Member

Discord:
    x Neal x 18 x#7178
    Ratings:
    +432 / 20 / -14
    These JETS

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    NealiteGaming
  5. Im 4thLine

Im 4thLine Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,743 / 79 / -197
    Haters gunna hate

• Like Like x 8
    • Dumb Dumb x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    No Streaming Account
  6. Hustlehard0927

Hustlehard0927 Cook

Ratings:
    +172 / 159 / -67
    Ur team stinks bro plain and simple

• Get Good x 8
    • Funny x 3
    • Dumb x 2
    • Like x 1
    • Informative x 1
    Dillon_reilly
  7. Remi l9l

Remi l9l Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +365 / 39 / -25
    Oilers gang gang

• Like Like x 1
    Remiaszl9l
  8. RGDeded

Ratings:
    +2,213 / 47 / -134
    Feel free to make your own predictions <3

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    ReallyGooodDad
  9. Foote

Foote Well-Known Member

Discord:
    charlesamb#0
    Ratings:
    +780 / 20 / -111
    Great write up! Hope you follow it up with one for the East!

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    footenhl
  10. JayyDubski

JayyDubski LGCHL Director

Discord:
    dayoungbuck#0
    Ratings:
    +3,456 / 325 / -613
    THESE JETS FLY HIGH

• Like Like x 1
    DaYoungBuck
  11. VI17AIN

VI17AIN Lived Long Enough To Become The VI17AIN

Discord:
    vi17ain#0
    Ratings:
    +638 / 103 / -38
    Disrespect to these Sharks

• Get Good Get Good x 3
    VI17AIN
  12. LemeIin

LemeIin COMPUTERIZED | #92 |

Discord:
    Lemelin#1461
    Ratings:
    +863 / 31 / -42
    Wow, how can you leave out the incredible :team77: D core??

• Like Like x 3
    LemeIin
  13. RGDeded

Ratings:
    +2,213 / 47 / -134
    U would have been the next bubble team

ReallyGooodDad
  14. Puggeriino

Puggeriino Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +206 / 33 / -43
    I never get love :(

• Get Good Get Good x 1
    • Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1
    Puggeriinoo
  15. CT 66

CT 66 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    CT 66#7291
    Ratings:
    +353 / 45 / -39
    Hey, I think you forgot about Calgary, I don’t see them anywhere on here? Good write up anyways. 4/5

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. gomxrc

gomxrc Elite of the Non Elites

Ratings:
    +395 / 13 / -31
    Go kings

• Get Good Get Good x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    gomarc
  17. x Pinto 57