Eastern Conference Playoff Predictions

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming Hockey League (LGHL)' started by Really Good Dad, Jun 4, 2019.

1. RGDeded

RGDeded Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,213 / 47 / -134
    Just a small disclaimer and to prevent the bias comments I spoke to numerous people to get their opinions of the rankings primarily for the Metro.

Atlantic

1) Tamapa Bay Lightning

@DDW4 and @Arctic Blur took over a very good team and almost instantly turned it into a great team. Going out and trading for @meka DVA meka solidifies the top 6 forward group. There wasn’t much to do in bidding and with the great @Pattelite bidding up @Shockz to 9.5 this can be the deal breaker for this team. Luckily having some high end players already on the roster it gave them the luxury to accommodate this contract and in the words of Shockz “ You cant put a price on friendship and chemistry” we will see if this holds true. To round out this team they brought in @Winston Payne and @DirtyJerrz who will be able to supply quality goaltending for a combined 2.5m and in this bidding that is a win!

X-Factor Shockz

2) Montreal Canadiens

If there is 1 thing I have learned in my LG career it is never sleep on @Karmuh x 86 and he is back with his right hand man @Gabseh . These 2 know the league as good as anyone and aren’t scared to shake things up and they typically win every trade they make. The big ticket won in bidding was @Lorenzo x 24 who has shown he is an elite goal scorer and with his bff @rG Breezyy this is one of the best top 6s in the league. Like last season there were quite a few questions to be asked about this teams 3rd line, defense and goaltending but with @Charyzen coming off one of the best statistical seasons from a goalie, @I HDC I and @Mxtayer showing they are 2 of the better dmen in the league and adding talented PSN dman @LEGAL x 76 the questions are a lot less steep than last year but there is still some concern with half the D and the 3rd line.

X-factor 3rd Line

3) Toronto Maple Leafs

@Gilbzey is back as his 2nd season as owner and after a somewhat disappointing end to a season that saw a fair share of ups and downs he has built a foundation for success. He brought in @Moesof17john to be his Gm who went on an absolute tear down the stretch and may have been one of the most lethal goal scorers in the league the last 3 weeks to play along side his buddy @Antonucci x 15 . Friendship and chemistry have always been a big part of gilbz success as a manager and he brought that back bringing in Joordan @SoberFawn547292 and his cousin @Samkos91 . They went big on what I would Imagine being their top line center in @SweeT 9 LoU 84 and he may be the perfect player to play between 2 offensive wingers. The question marks with this team will be the defensive depth and 3rd line. There are a lot of names that we know and like but there is nobody in those positions that can really take over a game. If Toronto wants to be a threat this season they are going to need to get it done as a team and not individuals.

X-Factor Depth

Metro

1) Carolina Hurricanes

@Tendy assumed owner of Carolina and brought in one of the best Centers in the game @MarcoGoes5H0LE to be his Gm and be 2 parts of what is expected to be one of the most lethal lines in LG this season. Having 5 returning players under contract and making a trade to bring in @Bigged they were in great shape heading into bidding. What looks like what was supposed to be an attempted swap off the draw situation with @Foote and @mR Hit DaT has been addressed and will be deemed illegal but the good thing for them is both of them are more than capable of playing either position and they have the depth if they want to shuffle lines. The marquee bidding pickup was @Ragey23 who has proven season after season he is one of the better Rd’s in the league who instantly makes any team he is on that much better. The only red flag and it is a big one is at the goalie position. They don’t have a true starter and both @clutchcolbs and @DavosJB are mediocre backups at best. Being they are both veterans it should make things interesting to see if they will be able to call up @Villy x 31 in a goalie hungry league.

X factor- Goaltending

2) New Jersey Devils

In your average season it is typically not a great idea to have a management duo both be defenders but this wasn’t your typical bidding. The defensive bidding lacked elite talent and with @xXDR3AMK1LL3RXx fresh off a Calder and every other nomination he was eligible for the Devils started the season with 3 capable dmen to build around. To nobodies surprise NJ made a few offseason trades leaving them with only 2 forwards to build a group around although they were both very good 500k players in @BkheadshotBk and @Javaherforoush . They spent big on forward which they landed @Sbass19 @xWeapon 21 and @Big Tony 16 to solidify one of the better top 6’s in the east. A reoccurring theme in this league is a question mark at goaltending and NJ is no different. @Lord 21 x put on a clinic for the Islanders last season and @Scampurs was one of the better goalies in the AHL last season. If they can show last season was not a fluke there isn't much stopping this team besides the idiot owner loving to make trades.

X-Factor Goalies & Trades

3) Philadelphia Flyers

One of the best players in the game @JClaus33 took over Philly and mix his ability to beat top lines single handedly with the already great contracts possessed by @iAMoee and @kcut this team was built to be a back 2 back Champion. @cj142 fresh off a 12m contract and a 1 season hiatus from management he is the perfect contrast to Jclaus’ psn knowledge and helps solidify and elite 1 2 punch down the middle for Philly. In recent news we have learned that Swaps off the faceoff will be illegal. This added some complications to the expectations of the roster but all the players who were expected to be involved in switches will be able to thrive at any position they play. I think the metro has a little more room for parity than the rest of the league in the top 3 and wouldn’t be surprised if a team like Washington sneaks in and shakes up the order in the metro or if any of the 3 division teams end up as a wildcard.

X Factor- Playing positions successfully

Wc(1) Washington Capitals

@Yahter teamed up with an elite dman in @ka2good brought in his cousin @Sokastr7 grabbed Stanley Cup champion @sh4rpshooterrr and with the already rostered players this team was in good shape for bidding. When looking at this roster they look great and bad at the same time. They can win the east or they might miss the playoffs but I feel the safe spot for them is as the #1 Wc in the east. Id imagine they are sending down @King_Formless for @Bardown Beauty which will make the team look better and having one of the true goalies worth 2m in the league on your team helps in @iTub3 I do see preventing goals being an issue with this team. Hopefully Yahter is able to keep his emotions in check and be the rock this team needs.

X factor – Defense

WC(2) Detroit Red Wings

After learning from last years draft blunder @AzDvo and company picked up a potentially elite dman in @DeathByDecay who should instantly come in and make a good dcore a very good dcore. Offensively they have serious firepower on all 3 lines and with @Sejje finally learning how to play NHL 19 in June this team will be nothing to mess with. Adding @Perrilyzer1 in bidding was a great addition to compensate for some of the defensive struggles this group faced last season. He is a guy who will leave you speechless with the absolutely ridiculous saves he makes every game. I really don’t see many glaring weaknesses with this team they have 3 good defensive pairs 3 good forward lines and an elite goalie. Im banking on these vets for regain glory from past chels and finally get this group back into the playoffs!

X Factor- Defense

Bubble - Ottawa Senators

@PureRippin and @Tb ToXiC are back again in what looks to be a competitive team. The major acquisition was bringing in long time Rated R member @DeLong x 22 . Besides that it was a relatively uneventful offseason where they didn’t address their biggest need which is blueline reinforcements. The next question will be how spending 1.75 on 2 goalie skaters and dropping 2.5 on @LEG3NDz R41Nz pans out for them. I have seen @Kernsy on LW and he is worth his contract. @BDR Malk 71 is making the transition to forward and unless he shatters expectations losing an elite goalie can come back to haunt them thankfully they have Rainz to dampen that blow of losing Malk between the pipes. Despite the high end talent there are just a few to many holes to put them into a playoff spot but if everything comes together and some of these questions get answered I have no doubt they will be challenging for a playoff spot.

X-Factor- All 4 goalies

TLDR

:team21:
    :team5:
    :team1:

:team74:
    :team7:
    :team4:

:team14:
    :team10:

:team20:

• Like x 8
    • Creative x 3
    • Dislike x 2
    • Funny x 1
    • Informative x 1
    ReallyGooodDad
  2. Im 4thLine

Im 4thLine Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,743 / 79 / -197
    RGD PUT HIMSELF OVER PHILLY HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

• Funny Funny x 7
    • Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
    No Streaming Account
  3. Trooobs

Trooobs Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +83 / 6 / -7
    • Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  4. l Yahtzeee l

l Yahtzeee l Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +215 / 35 / -70
    • Like Like x 1
    • Get Good Get Good x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
    Nguadagna
  5. RGDeded

RGDeded Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,213 / 47 / -134
    I expect chicago to make 0 trades this season because the team is perfect and nobody can compete with them. Like i said in the top portion of the post i didnt do the metro standings i just posted the average order

• Dumb Dumb x 1
    ReallyGooodDad
  6. D4D USA

D4D USA Well-Known Member

Discord:
    D4N USA#6332
    Ratings:
    +2,140 / 41 / -61
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    No Streaming Account
  7. KingFormless

KingFormless Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +601 / 50 / -50
    • Like Like x 1
    • Get Good Get Good x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
    No Streaming Account
  8. aHuff21

aHuff21 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +373 / 16 / -20
    I dunk pucks

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    ahuff21
  9. Nxckles

Nxckles AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Discord:
    Nuckles#4604
    Ratings:
    +1,400 / 21 / -41
    Expect a strongly worded message from @Pattelite soon

• Funny Funny x 3
    No Streaming Account
  10. LemeIin

LemeIin Follow the Socials! : https://beacons.ai/lemelin

Discord:
    Lemelin#1461
    Ratings:
    +863 / 31 / -42
    :team77: are winning the Presidents Trophy

• Winner Winner x 4
    LemeIin
  11. TheHeroicDuck

TheHeroicDuck Well-Known Member

Discord:
    theheroicduck#0
    Ratings:
    +1,215 / 13 / -60
    Patt is gonna be pissed

TheHeroicDuck
  12. D4D USA

D4D USA Well-Known Member

Discord:
    D4N USA#6332
    Ratings:
    +2,140 / 41 / -61
    Patt is probably writing on his computer screen with a sharpie instead of typing cause he’s a fucking nimrod

• Funny Funny x 10
    • Like Like x 2
    • Troll Troll x 1
    No Streaming Account
  13. Gladulxv

Gladulxv Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Patches#7747
    Ratings:
    +200 / 13 / -11
    These habs :)

• Like Like x 1
    Gladulov
  14. Tb ToXiC

Tb ToXiC Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Tb Toxic#1016
    Ratings:
    +444 / 17 / -13
    Thats tuff. Rgd thinks hes gonna make playoffs over us

• Like Like x 4
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    tjbarone81
  15. Foote

Foote Well-Known Member

Discord:
    charlesamb#0
    Ratings:
    +780 / 20 / -111
    Hate to see it :sadegg:

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
    footenhl
  16. Gabseh

Gabseh Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +437 / 22 / -45
    HABS

• Like Like x 3
    • Troll Troll x 1
    riorio56tv
  17. Mr Torts

Mr Torts 3-time

Ratings:
    +380 / 29 / -11
    Da Bolts :team21:

• Like Like x 3
    No Streaming Account
  18. Celly902

Celly902 #72 RD

Ratings:
    +167 / 7 / -10
    :team78:

No Streaming Account
  19. meka DVA meka

meka DVA meka Bring Load Management To LG

Ratings:
    +3,475 / 92 / -197
    [​IMG]

Let’s not forget these bolts have fast home, away and alternate jerseys.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    Nybarisny
  20. I F3ROCIOUS I

I F3ROCIOUS I Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +69 / 10 / -9
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    No Streaming Account