NHL esports

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming Hockey League (LGHL PSN)' started by NoSleeves12, Jun 3, 2019.

1. iCallsoWhat55

iCallsoWhat55 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    icallsowhat55#1227
    Ratings:
    +787 / 49 / -145
    tell them to invest in better servers before worrying out 6s esport. the difference between west and east connection in this game is same as playing against Australians in other games.

• Like Like x 3
    icallsowhat55
  2. Prince-Of-Zeus

Prince-Of-Zeus Stanley Cup Champion

Discord:
    Zeus#3516
    Ratings:
    +330 / 8 / -18

That would actually be interesting if they could implement it via controller input. let's be real, 90% of the goalies don't use the right stick. if using that would decide glove/stick side/5 hole. up can stay as poke check then L1+ direction could be a desperation save for things like 1Ts, but taking out automatic saves for players is a good start to show who is good in the crease as opposed to the middle sitting dude half asleep.

PrinceOfZeus
  3. iCallsoWhat55

iCallsoWhat55 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    icallsowhat55#1227
    Ratings:
    +787 / 49 / -145
    i hardly played nhl last gen but didnt they have anticipation stick like that for goalies? but all the goalies just picked the biggest goalie and sat in butterfly middle of the net using the anticipation stick to make the saves for them? that was more automatic and middle sitting/standing than what it is now.

• Informative Informative x 1
    icallsowhat55
  4. JAAMx93x

JAAMx93x Well-Known Member

Discord:
    jmorrow474 Aka AhL_Allstar-3#8394
    Ratings:
    +421 / 5 / -16
    This was perfect

• Like Like x 1
    ahl_allstar_3
  5. Mclub326

Mclub326 ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ

Discord:
    Mclub326#2972
    Ratings:
    +189 / 18 / -34
    This is 99% complaining, 1% Ideas.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    Mclub326
  6. sobo18

sobo18 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +123 / 6 / -3
    Might sound dumb but change the EASHL rinks to olympic /international size or whatever they have it set at. What makes the rink we use the "go to size" . Recently been playing versus co-op with multiple playing multiple. The international size is awesome , doesnt allow teams to just trap , makes it feel like you have more speed , cycling / power plays all more room. Adding some speed and more room would be a huge upgrade for this game. Would actually show the skill and play making of alot guys. Just 2 small things that would make the game a bit more fun and skilled.

• Like Like x 3
    SOBO1818
  7. jayvee2k1

jayvee2k1 xoxo

Discord:
    jayvee#9422
    Ratings:
    +147 / 3 / -10
    YES

• Like Like x 3
    jayvee95
  8. Sedinpower

Sedinpower Warning Group

Ratings:
    +629 / 18 / -54
    love this

• Like Like x 2
    No Streaming Account
  9. B-Bunny

B-Bunny Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,376 / 47 / -73
    That could also be fixed if they just fixed the game to allow people to actually play a dump and chase when 5 fwds wanna stick the blueline.

No Streaming Account
  10. cup4blues

cup4blues cup4blues#5216

Discord:
    cup4blues#5216
    Ratings:
    +101 / 10 / -6
    It's not possible. Average human reaction time is 25ms, elite athlete reaction time is 15ms. On top of that you have input delay from latency to the server and the controller itself. A slapshot from the blueline reaches the goal line in 35ms. Even with a reaction time to flick the thumbstick at 15ms, someone playing on the dualshock 4 connected to bluetooth adds 13.3ms of input delay, so anyone playing with a ping higher than 6.7ms wouldn't even have a chance to make the save because the puck would already be behind them before the game even registered an input on their controller, and that's absolute best case scenario with a world class athlete. On top of that you have the time needed for the game to select the actual animation it's going to use to save the puck and the transition time for the body and collision box to actually move into position, and no goalie would ever be able to make a save unless the puck just incidentally hit them. Flicking the right stick is very different than your limbs making a reflex save in real life, and server latency, animation transitions, input delay all make this an impractical thing to be implemented into an online game.

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    cup4bluesNHL
  11. Danny_Dangles_

Danny_Dangles_ Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +161 / 23 / -277
    Having a practice mode with all 6 would be fantastic while waiting for the game @foxpresentation

• Like Like x 2
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
    DannyDangles
  12. Oso-Sic

Oso-Sic RIP to Recki

Discord:
    Oso-Sic#4266
    Ratings:
    +601 / 6 / -39
    @NoSleeves12

I'll say this, no matter how much we complain about the gameplay, we still come back to it and play NHL.

The thing that frustrates people and drives them away are the network connections issues, dressing room errors, host lag, terrible menus, etc.

EA needs better infrastructure, menus, servers, tournament/season customization, casual club/pro club, club brackets, advanced stats, responsive tables and menus. More tools and more efficient options for a club owner or owner of a 6s team to run a team/league. That is much more beneficial to eSports than custom goal horns and mouthpieces.

• Like Like x 7
    HoustonOso
  13. NYC_1Ts

NYC_1Ts EASHL Forward From The MFing Hood

Ratings:
    +66 / 3 / -13
    man that use of bold is not only exceptional, but emotionally inspiring. ;)

• Get Good Get Good x 1
    nyc_1ts
  14. Bardownski69

Bardownski69 4th Round Superstar

Ratings:
    +21 / 5 / -0
    I think the NHL should go with a 6v6 style esports league. I know people will say that the game isn't good enough, but plain and simple GG. The game will never be perfect. Maybe if the NHL teams follow what the NBA league did, based on actual NBA teams starting their own teams. I think that the NHL League would do better than the 2kLeague just based off of the past events that the NHL has done on twitch. It definitely draws more attention.

• Get Good Get Good x 1
    BardownskiNation_Official
  15. bonwl

bonwl Well-Known Member

Discord:
    bonwl#9306
    Ratings:
    +956 / 37 / -74
    A lot of these have already been said but they are great ideas so I'm going to repeat some

1. EASHL practice mode - this used to be in the game and it should come back. Teams can practice PP/PK formations, set plays, etc.

2. During the load in screen we should get like 10-15 seconds to skate around the ice as a quick warm up, similar to FIFA and Fortnite and COD (and probably many other games that I don't play)

3. Menu's need to be more user friendly. It shouldn't take like 2-3 minutes to load into a dressing room.

4. Olympic ice surface is probably THE best idea i've seen in this thread. It would really open up the dry and boring trap game that is 6v6 right now.

Bonwl15
  16. xCOACH_19

xCOACH_19 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    coachx19#0
    Ratings:
    +519 / 22 / -60
    From people I've talked to, being able to pick which server to play on used to be a thing, so instead of the "Use Best Game Location: Yes or Relaxed", why not go back to being able to choose West, Central, or East Server.

Coachx19
  17. ItsRaGo

ItsRaGo Well-Known Member

Discord:
    LittleRaGoo28#9031
    Ratings:
    +442 / 34 / -82
    Bring back create-a-play

• Funny Funny x 1
    No Streaming Account
  18. PrometheusXVII

PrometheusXVII Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Prometheus (Wheat Kings Owner)#1251
    Ratings:
    +537 / 33 / -51
    Not sure if anyone has mentioned this... But how about actually using central servers for west v. east games?

To my understanding, in order to currently connect to a central server you need one or two guys with a central location.

What if instead the game recognized locations and if there were more than 3 west and east players in game, EA would automatically connect you to the central server?

No Streaming Account
  19. xSloshy

xSloshy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,528 / 25 / -66
    I've returned from exile to make comments. Here are some quick fixes that could revamp the way 6s is played.

1) Revamp body contact physics

This is the key to everything. Fuck your skating engine, fuck your offensive controls. This is the necessary overhaul that the game needs. Body physics are fucked. Eliminate the dead zones when it comes to body contact. You can't bubble around people in real life, so get rid of it in the game. If the defender is out of position on body contact, make it more likely that a knee, trip or elbow gets called, rather then simply missing. You have attributes in the game, use them. A player with low discipline / low body checking may stick a leg out and take a kneeing penalty if they miss the alignment on their hit. Reduce the power of contact on that back of the player, and increase it from the side / front of the player, and that eliminates the bumping issue. Has the potential to break the trap meta as forechecking would become a useful skill with proper body contact physics.

2) Revamp stick checking

Speaking of physics being fucked, lets get on to stick checking. Defensive controls are another area that need a revamp. Remove the basic pokecheck R1 we have now and give the ability for players to use RS to control their stick defensively (skill stick is terrible time to actually put some work into it). Push RS in the direction you want to pokecheck. Flick RS in the direction you want to chop at the puck. You manage to hit the puck with a RS flick, send it flying away from both players killing the offensive play. You hit the opponents stick, the opponent bobbles it with the change for either you or the opponent to pick the puck up while also running the risk of slashing the opponents stick in half. Hit the hands / body. Slash. You need to pay attention to your positioning to use it. Simple, clean, realistic, better.

3) Deflection button

Obviously a meme for years (press B to tip), but this is not for offensive zone deflections. Allow forwards to hold B/O when receiving a pass and their player goes for a deflection. The direction the player is facing and their hand eye can determine a) whether contact with the puck for a deflection is made and b) the speed of the puck following the deflection. This, combined with a revamp in body contact physics and stick checking controls / physics, would allow for more creativity rather then simply a trap meta.

These are all the thoughts I am sharing for now. Hopefully the defensive side of the game gets some love because it can solve a lot of current issues.

• Like Like x 5
    Sloshy97
  20. Cmutimmah10

Cmutimmah10 RIP

Discord:
    cmutimmah10#5781
    Ratings:
    +62 / 1 / -0
    IS IT FESTIVOUS! WHEN DO WE START THE AIRING OF THE GRIEVANCES! I HAVE A LOT OF PROBLEMS WITH YOU EA! AND YOU'RE GOING TO SIT DOWN AND LISTEN TO EVERY ONE OF EM!

One of the easiest fixes, IMO is already semi-set up. The short cuts on the main menu could just go deeper than they currently do. Instead of a World of Chel shortcut, make it a EASHL short cut. The menu problem could then be avoided.

This year, the waiting bothers me even more than the menus. It probably stems from the DR errors mostly, but it takes at least 3-10 minutes to get a game matchup all too often, even when the placebo "population" shows "high". And then, everyone readies up but someone gets the boot. If anyone gets the boot, the game should automatically send everyone back to the DR, so we don't have to go back through menus to get to where we already were. (Remember when they used to have this exact thing? WTF happened?)

There are a lot of things I would like added. Pass deflections. Instead of one touches, I'd like the ability to direct a puck coming at me towards a teammate without having to do a full chop. You see this move happen a lot in breakouts where a pass goes to a standstill guy and he deflects the pass to a guy with speed in the neutral zone. Often you don't have time to one touch or get handcuffed by a pass and can't one touch. Would be a useful add.

Make tired players even more nerfed. If a guy truly emptied the tank, he should be moving slow. This help with making a good team play better. If you're in position, you're not burning energy.

I think the L2ing has gotten out of hand (and I do it a lot myself). But the back-skate perk needs to die a fiery death. It's bad when you see guys going down the ice spamming L2 to get speed. Because, that's how real hockey works... right EA? It's in the game?

And finally, the swing and misses. This year, they got rid of the broken stick on every slapshot and instead have tons of swings and misses. I liked the idea of the broken sticks, it just happened wayyyyy too often. A defenseman should be able to 1T a slow win off of a faceoff. Also, the faceoff engine this year is worse than last year and strongly predicated on connection. I'll be countering and connections will still win if I am on West. Pretty annoying.

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account