S33 Top 25 Draft Analysis

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming Hockey League (LGHL)' started by Drysdale l4l, Jun 3, 2019.

?

Which of the top 5 will impress the most?

1. Beaudy x 91

21.7%
  2. Lemelin

57.2%
  3. Doughty x I8I

10.9%
  4. Bardown Beauty

3.6%
  5. MacDonaldI97I

6.5%
  1. Drysdale l4l

Drysdale l4l Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    Not much has been going on around here, so here is my first piece about the top 25 s33 draft picks along with some sleepers in the later rounds and a percentage on how successful they could be at the next level (AHL and NHL). Starting off with the top 3 draft picks. I hope you all enjoy.

#1 Lemelin - Defense - WSH:team14:
    99% A+

Lemelin comes in as one of the best players in the draft, if not the best. He’s a great two way defensemen who moves the puck well as he has 76 assists in 78 Esport games. I dont see him having any trouble adjusting to the big league do to his success in one of the hardest leagues out there in esports. Only thing that he needs to limit is turnovers as he has -436 Giveaway to Takeaway ratio, but that will come with time.

#2 Doughty x l8l - Defense - Avalanche:team8:
    99% A+

Coming in at number 2 is Doughty x l8l. Another great defensemen who is head to head with Lemelin as the #1 defenseman in the draft. Doughty has 76 assists in 86 esports games. Another player who I believe who’s game will transition easily into the NHL. Although, Lemelin and Doughty’s stats are similar, Doughty holds onto the puck and limit’s his giveaways although he is still at negative Giveaway to Takeaway ratio. Another thing that will come with time.

#3 Beaudy x 91 - Fwd - Avalanche:team8:
    99% A+

Beaudy is the best forward in the draft without a doubt. Watching defensemen in the CHL try to defend him was hilarious. His 218 points in 56 CHL games is remarkable. Along with his 62 points in 29 ESHL games. He has the best thumbs in the draft and will easily translate his game well to the NHL and continue what he’s started. I’ve been privileged enough to run some games with him and he is something truly special. One thing he definitely needs to work on is his giveaways especially when his team is down because he tends to try to make too much happen. I honestly don’t see this being much of a problem in the NHL.

#4 Bardown Beauty - Fwd - Nashville :team77:
    94% A

Beauty had a great debut season with 51 points in 11 games. Almost averaging 5 points a game there’s no doubt that he can translate to the AHL. He totaled for 76% of his lines goals and his hockey IQ is always on display. I’ve heard he’s a great guy to play with and is not toxic. The center had a 56% faceoff percentage which is what you need in a center. He is very disciplined and limits penalties totaling only 4 penalty minutes in the 11 games. Beauty had a 44.1% shot percentage so you can definitely count on him to finish his chances and come up big when it matters, shooting 55% in the playoffs.

#5 MacDonaldl97l - Center - Sharks:team15:
    90% A-

Macdonald had a great CHL career going 32-8-2 with 105 points. Macdonald had an interesting career switching to defense later on in his career, but that did not set him back at all as he still put points on the board and moves the puck really well. After playing defense in ESHL and this season he decided to switch back to center. Honestly, i see him having no problem making his way back to center as his faceoff percentage was 57%, along with his 40% shooting and minimal penalties.

#6 hTz Nasty - Fwd - Buffalo:team18:
    88% B+

Nasty is another great player with a great career in the CHL with 192 points in 59 games. The winger is a playmaker who can finish his chances when needed. He has a great passing ability which he displayed in his ESHL career with 19 assists in 13 games. The only thing that is worry-some is his giveaways which is at a -743. Space is definitely limited at the higher level so its going to be interesting to see if he can limit these turnovers. I can definitely see him playing in the AHL at high level, but may need some development against higher competition.

#7 DeathByDecay - Defense - Tampa :team21:
    84% B

The Defensemen had a great career in WJC and CHL averaging a point per game. Decay has great first pass vision and is a great breakout passer. He limits penalties, giveaways and is great at laying the body. It will be interesting how he will transfer his game over to the big leagues due to his little experience in ESHL, AHL or NHL, but he seems like a solid two-way defensemen that can fit in to a top 6 spot in the AHL.

#8 xXRuderXx - Defense - Islanders:team27:
    80% B-

Ruder is a solid puck moving defensemen who runs an interesting grinder build at defense. His 29 assists in 30 games is pretty impressive. In ESHL he didnt so well, but he was able to limit giveaways and had a good amount of takeaways which is a good sign that he is good with the puck. I can see him transitioning to the AHL well as long as he can play well defensively. The NHL may be quite a push, but that comes with time.

#9 PolarPenguin - Defense - Chicago:team75:
    80% B-

Penguin moves the puck well and averages over a point per game in WJC and CHL. He can be careless at times having over 200 giveaways in 27 games. He had a total of 42 points in 37 games.Passing is the best part of his game, but needs to be more careful. I can see his game translate well into the AHL, but I dont know enough about him to know for sure. His defensive play may come into question, but offensively he’s got the tools.

#10 Zee6o - Defense - Edmonton:team11:
    88% B+

Zee6o is a good defensive player. He limits turnovers and actually has more takeaways than giveaways. He has experience in the bigger leagues and went 3-0 in the NHL. If he can continue this, i expect him to make an AHL or NHL roster.

#11 SWAT krakenQc - Fwd - Chicago:team75:
    90% A-

KrakenQc had a ridiculously first season in the CHL with 99 points in 24 games. He doesnt turn over the puck a lot, limits penalites and shoots at high percentage especially when it matters (52% in the playoffs). I can see his offensive game translating well to the big leagues.

#12 Niixps - Fwd - Canucks:team17:
    95% A

Niixps is a great two way center who had 173 points in 56 games. He wont wow you with moves, but he makes the simple plays and it works. His ceiling isnt super high, but his game translates really well to any league. He’s great defensively and wins faceoffs. It’ll be interesting to see how well his game translates to the higher leagues. Has to limit penalties.

#13 l TMLP l - Fwd - Canucks:team17:
    90% A-

Vancouver selected Niixps and him as they were teammates in the CHL and tore it up together. They have amazing chemistry and it will complete a line in the NHL where xFawst will fit in extremely well. TMLP had 148 pts in 46 games. He is another two way player that can put pucks in the back of the net really well. Only thing that is concerning is his giveaways. I haven’t seen him play enough to consider how good he is, but vancouver likes how him and Niixps play together a lot. Has to limit penalties

#14 Wizzywar - Defense - Canucks:team17:
    80% B-

I dont know much about Wizzywar except the fact he had a dominant season in the CHL. Averaged over a point per game with a 24-4-1 record. Moves the puck very well. Considering Rev Hellcat was still on the board, Vancouver could have had a more proving defensemen, but also you can’t question management because they see and hear things we don’t.

#15 ReV Hellcat - Defense - Buffalo:team18:
    95% A

Hellcat tore up ESHL and the CHL. Has a lot of takeaways and is a great two way defensemen. He can pass well and limits giveaways. I dont see him having any issue translating his game to the NHL. Great pick at 15

#16 FaTal Trendz - Defense - Canucks:team17:
    65% D

This was a weird pick considering Trick and Crisse De Cave were still on the board. Fatal had a good season in the CHL going 16-5 with with 13 points. He needs to get a lot better with breakout passes and defensive play, considering he’s a better forward than defense. Needs to lay off the LT and make the simple play. Has a high ceiling, but needs to control his ego since hes a young kid. This kid will be a project, and i will be surprised if he makes the NHL.
    #17 T R I C K x9 - Fwd - Arizona:team28:
    85% B

Made his stock jump in the playoffs going 9-0-2 with 25 points and was one game shy of a mem cup. He has excellent thumbs. With his thumbs and IQ, i wouldn’t be surprised if he made the AHL or NHL roster. This is also a great pick at this spot. I believed Trick should have gone top 10.

#18 CH1l1X - Fwd - Islanders:team27:
    80% B-

71 points in 27 games played. Pure goal scorer, who’s shooting touch is good enough for the next level. He had over 150 shots and shot 30%. 47 goals in 27 games. Definitely a player to keep an eye on, gotta love the pure sniper mentality. He has a decent amount of penalty minutes, but I dont see that being an issue.

#19 crisse de cave - Fwd - San Jose:team15:
    90% A-

Crisse had an amazing CHL season. 88 points in 27 games, 4-0 in playoffs with 11 points. I think that he can definitely translate his game to the AHL, and possibly an NHL roster. Him and Swat are amazing together, if they were able to play together in the AHL or NHL, they could be a great duo again. Another great pick at 19

#20 ALPHA Guerilla2 - Defense - Buffalo:team18:
    88% B+

Great season, including a mem cup with the ice dogs. He went 31-4-1 which is incredible. He is not afraid to lay the body, limits takeaways, and limits penalties.

#21 P3P1N x 89 - Fwd - Capitals:team14:
    B 85%

16-5-1 with 82 points is amazing, but he has a lot of PIMS, so he may need to become more disciplined. With these stats, i definitely think he can translate to the AHL and possibly an NHL roster.

#22 ThAtZ CyLvEr - Fwd - Wild:team30:
    78% C+

I would have rated him with a higher percentage if he stayed at defense. He is still a very skilled player offensively and he will still play well defensively at the center role. He went 22-1 in the CHL as a defensemen with 23 points. He has great skill and it will be interesting to see how he will transition.

#23 EAAAAAAAAAAARL - Defense - Wild:team30:
    75% C

Dont know much other than he’s good with the puck and limits turnovers. He’s disciplined, doesnt take any penalties and isnt afraid to lay the body. He doesnt wow you with offensive stats. He has a simple game and it can translate. Also, on a bad team and stood out. Very good defensively. Defensive play style can translate.

#24 throwingheat14 - Defense - Detroit:team10:
    70% C-

Dont really know much about him, he breaks out well. He’s disciplined, limits giveaways. Nothing really stands out, but could be a top 6 AHLer.

#25 Mr Sexy Sloth - Fwd - Canucks:team17:
    75% C

Definitely a two way player, still averaged 2 points per game so he can put up points. He can block shots and limits giveaways, while taking the puck away from the opponent. Needs to work on faceoffs as he’s under 50%(48%). I do not question his defensive ability with a +47 and a 21-3-5 record. I believe his game can translate but might need to work on adding more of a repertoire to his offense.

Sleepers:

Knifevet22 - Fwd - Canucks:team17:

Knifevet had a great season on an awful team. 63 points in 24 games (12-12) is very good. He was the best player on his team by far and his 12 wins was almost half the amount his team had. If you can put players around I believe he could definitely thrive. I dont see him making the jump to the NHL, but he could definitely make an AHL roster. Another season in the CHL may do him well just to hopefully play on a better team and improve.

Dangle Nation - Fwd - Buffalo:team18:
    Dangle Nation is a great offensive player with 31 points in 13 games. His skill on and off the puck is remarkable and can definitely translate to the higher level. He just needs to be more defensive and work on his faceoffs where he struggled a bit. Sometimes he tends to try to make too much happen, if he can simplify his game he can be a great addition to a roster.

Whitey - G - Rangers (Trade from Chicago):team12:
    Whitey is arguably the best goalie in the draft. His 29-6-3 record with a .870% is very good. I was surprised that he dropped a lot, but he can definitely play well at the next level.

Skjei x 76 - Fwd - Dallas:team9:
    Skjei is a great player who dropped way too much. His 57 points in 27 games on average team shows he is a good player. I can definitely see him making a push for an AHL spot. He limits giveaways and is good defensively.

Sonicjoe45 - G - Canucks :team17:
    Sonicjoe45 had a remarkable season with the Barrie Colts. He went 25-9-3 with an 860%. Some say his success may have been due to his team, but he has all the tools to make it to the next level. He just needs to find a consistency. I dont see him playing in the NHL, but could be a solid option in the AHL. Another season in the CHL will help him develop more.

TertleToes - Fwd - Edmonton:team11:
    Although he was drafted at #26, i thought he would’ve been easily top 15. Great stats in the regular season, but his playoff run was memorable. He went 11-1 with 41 points to lead his team to a mem cup. Very disciplined forward and dont really have anything negative about him.

Thank you if you made it to end and feel free to vote on the poll. Hopefully I can continue making content that you all can enjoy. Dont take any of this personal, i was just going based off what I’ve heard and seen. Feel free to contact me with any ideas.

- LemonYellowSun

• Like Like x 12
    • Winner Winner x 4
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Creative Creative x 1
    No Streaming Account
  2. Sarkazim

Sarkazim ayeee aye aye

Ratings:
    +13 / 5 / -21
    Tf

• Get Good Get Good x 1
    No Streaming Account
  3. Ezreal

Ezreal Manic Men

Discord:
    sainnnner#0
    Ratings:
    +675 / 21 / -96
    @ReV Hellcat

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    No Streaming Account
  4. Roubidoo

Roubidoo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +360 / 17 / -41
    Well c- could’ve been worse.

Appreciate the effort you put in here, I’d suggest if you don’t know about the person maybe asking around before dedicating this much time into a write up.

• Like Like x 4
    No Streaming Account
  5. Shockz

Shockz Hidden Potential

Ratings:
    +711 / 12 / -14
    • Funny Funny x 11
    • Winner Winner x 3
    shockz_x
  6. Drysdale l4l

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    Thank you, sorry about that.

No Streaming Account
  7. Dominator Silva

Dominator Silva Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Dom#0372
    Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -1
    Damn. Guess I'm dating a guy now. #YesShe
    [​IMG]

• Winner Winner x 5
    • Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    DominatorSilva
  8. Drysdale l4l

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    No Streaming Account
  9. Focus TF

Focus TF CT 66 Makes Me Nervous.

Discord:
    focustf#0
    Ratings:
    +937 / 38 / -72
    GG

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
    GiroFocus
  10. A Salty SaiIor

A Salty SaiIor Warning Group

Ratings:
    +2,026 / 48 / -76
    Knifevet is a cancer, one minute dude says he'll play for anyone then next he says " I dOnT wAnT tO bE dRaFtEd By ThE iSlAnDeRs " then blocks me for I can reply and ignores all future messages. GG shitter <3

• Get Good Get Good x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
    No Streaming Account
  11. l Bossy l x 22

l Bossy l x 22 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Bossy#9297
    Ratings:
    +3,325 / 126 / -162
    Sorry @KnifeVet22 is a Nuck, so he can carry my bum ass.

bossy_22_
  12. lGeno x 71l

lGeno x 71l bin oui

Ratings:
    +172 / 1 / -23
    Someone seems Salty...

• Like Like x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    No Streaming Account
  13. Hawksfan4444

Hawksfan4444 X1 CHL Commissioner

Ratings:
    +1,063 / 24 / -54
    didn't make the list. I suck. Forever a cone

• Get Good Get Good x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
    highlikeakite4
  14. Binky I77I

Binky I77I Emceedusty Goalie School Graduate

Ratings:
    +62 / 2 / -6
    Thats false @Bardown Beauty might be one of the most toxic players i know. Especially in golf

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
    No Streaming Account
  15. Drysdale l4l

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    Ahhhhhh shit. Here we go again.

• Winner Winner x 1
    No Streaming Account
  16. JJr

JJr Good Day

Discord:
    JJR-#3526
    Ratings:
    +959 / 127 / -178
    D rating cooked

• Funny Funny x 3
    jjfinesse98
  17. Bardown Beauty

Bardown Beauty Well-Known Member

Discord:
    bardownbeauty#0
    Ratings:
    +68 / 6 / -2
    this is true

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    No Streaming Account
  18. NUTZnBERGERS

NUTZnBERGERS Well-Known Member

Discord:
    NUTZnBERGERS#3185
    Ratings:
    +201 / 8 / -19
    • Like Like x 2
    NUTZnBERGERS
  19. l Bossy l x 22

l Bossy l x 22 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Bossy#9297
    Ratings:
    +3,325 / 126 / -162
    The [​IMG] Marlies have traded SchecterDamien to the [​IMG]Comets for FaTaL Trendz
    2019-06-05 06:38pm

Traded for a Prospect. Guess he's living up to that rating :shock::popcorn::eek:

• Funny Funny x 1
    bossy_22_
  20. Drysdale l4l

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    Oof

No Streaming Account