The Western Pacific: A Breakdown

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming Hockey League (LGHL PSN)' started by Perkosaurus13, Jun 3, 2019.

1. Perkosaurus

Perkosaurus Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Pancakes#6680
    Ratings:
    +293 / 7 / -13
    Hello everyone, This is the Pacific division breakdown. This is usually one of the more tougher divisions. The teams will not be in any particular order, it will not reflect the standings, only the team's roster right now as it is before the start of the season. I understand the rosters right now will be different before the season starts on Sunday.

I'm going to jump right in and get it out of the way and start off with the San Jose Sharks.

:team15:San Jose Sharks:team15:

The owner of this team is @radicalapex, he's been the owner of the Sharks since season 5 and is one of the best owners in LG. He's also won a Jack Adams. His teams are always competitive and tough to play against and almost always make the playoffs. His record as owner 293-159-38

-Forwards-

I'm going to start this off with @Spooer69, mainly a defenseman turned wing this season. The only games at wing he's played in is the ESHL where he's 7-1 with 27 points but at LW, not RW. At 7.25m he seems like an overpay, Rad did ask me what I thought of him and all I could say was I don't know what to expect from him on offense. I think he'll be good defensively, but at over 7m you need him putting up at least 65-70 points minimum. Playing with Class though all he's got to do is follow his lead and i think he'll be fine. @Class Act 27 is one of the best players in the league, he's a good all around player and is a sure fire 1st liner. @Gucci__Gui, welcome back to the Sharks, he's going to play on the 2nd line here. He's steady 30 goal scorer and stat wise has gotten better since leaving the Sharks in S6, nice trade to come back especially with a 2.75m contract. @Spray_and_pray_ resigned with the Sharks and a good move too, i can see him getting double or more in bidding. He's going to be on the second line with gui, he's a solid 50-55 point guy and i can expect him to get around 25-30 goals.

@WillRolltide another in a long list of players in LG PSN who have played since its inception, another 50-55 point guy, I see him as a 2nd line guy, and with guys like gui and spray on the flanks that is a solid line in the league. @Illyfilly is a streaky point guy with tons of NHL playtime, he can get anywhere from 40 points to 65 points and at 500k if he gets 60-65 points it's a steal with the best team friendly contract. @i9i-Stamkos-i1ic with 32 points last season and other than last season hasn't played in the NHL since S5 he looks to be a 3rd line center here, i would expect @Mawson_99 and @Cbthomas28 to play on the 3rd line too, both cheap contracts and not much NHL experience, but I've heard they're good. Should be a decent 3rd line.

Overall it's a solid forward group with good depth, there are a good amount of goal scorers here and a wealth of experience. My only concern is Spooer as i don't know what he is yet as a forward, but with class on the same line he'll be fine.

-Defense-

Starting it off is @AC_gee a solid Dman that managed to get a discount in bidding, he went for 4.5m as he usually goes for 5 or 6. This will be the first good team he's been on, as in S10 he was on a CBJ team that was 13th in east, S9 on a Preds team 11th in the west and S6 on a Pens team 11th in the east, maybe this is finally the season he gets in the playoffs. @VegaRidge another solid 4.5m dman here like AC he's finally on a playoff team since S7. Both these guys i see as really solid 2nd pair guys. at 3.5m is @Gamingfreak911 his contract should be more than 3.5, he's just been dominant in every stage of LG. I can see him with either AC or Vega. @Atreyal and @Rasta_Farian should be manning the 3rd pair here. @TomFerland69 could get called up to replace rasta, but i can't see it happening, rad usually lets the draft picks settle around in the AHL squad first. Finally we get to the owner, @radicalapex, he's been around since LG invented fire, with over 300 games played on defense, he's a solid 2nd pairing dman, if he ever were to get into bidding somehow i can see him being 5-6 mil.

Overall this is a good defensive core, but there is no real first pairing here, just a bunch of 2's , but two solid 2nd pairs here.

-Goalies-

@Penguins2013 at 2.75m is the number one, I will not dispute that, ever since he joined the Sharks in S9 his save % shot up from 78% from the previous 3 seasons to 85 and 86%. And finally me, I haven't played in the NHL as a goalie since S7, I decided to try something different and play defense with mixed results. However I'm confident that I can play like my old self no problem, playing goalie is like riding a bike, you never forget. I see a 6-3, 5-4 goalie split here, and I have no issues being the number two here. I mean the guy in front is 2.75 he's going to get the heavy workload regardless.

-Closing-

This is a well balanced team. There are plenty of goal scorers here and good depth. This team can most definitely make the playoffs, and rads teams always play tough and make the playoffs in the past and I would think this one would be no different.

:team29:Calgary Flames:team29:

@Polska_B0SS_780, the owner of the Flames since S8 and formally before that the Ducks. His record as owner 293-154-45. His teams are always competitive and usually one of the top teams in the Pacific, his team made it to the Cup Finals last season, but came up short. His teams usually consist of toxically talented players who usually fall apart come playoff time.

-Forwards-

At 9.25M, the highest paid forward on the team is @Po1andsFinest, A long time Xbox player making his way back to PSN, the last time he played on PSN was S8, but he's one of some Xbox players whose play actually translates over here. Po1and is a 1st line player here, especially at 9.25m. If he plays like he did back in S8 and S7 i can see 70-80 points and around 40 goals here. @HazeeHype a 2nd line player who hasn't put up semi decent numbers since S8 as he had 35 and 38 points in his last two seasons. He seems a bit over paid at 6.5m as he should've been somewhere around 4m, and he was going to be until Calgary outbid Buffalo from 4.5 to 6.5 in bidding. But every season he gets bids that a 1st line player would get and he's not that. He is a toxic player and what would Calgary be without toxic players? Rounding out the possible 1st line with a 2.25m 2s contract @L-_0-_o-_p-_s_88, he probably should be a 2nd line player, his last full season in the NHL was S1 and he put up good numbers in the CHL which was expected. @l Bossy l x 22 listed at RW will probably play center as he's spent most of his games playing center than wing. If he's playing center i would guess he's going to be on the 2nd line.

@hypey- still on his 3 season contract i see as a 3rd/2nd line player here. He's decent enough player and a consistent 20 goal, 50 point player. @MyNamesMino is a 2nd line player on this team, last season was his best and I would expect him to either have similar numbers or to build on it. @Polska_B0SS_780 the owner i can see putting himself on a first line with Po1and and Hazee at center or on the 2nd. Last season he had an uncharacteristic 70 points where he usually has around 45-55, he can get around 20-25 goals. No matter who you ask, he's either a decent enough player or just one of the worst. @Furdayzbuddy and @MrFrankPompei looks to be on the 3rd line here, looks like solid depth as both have played in the NHL a while and both average around 20 goals which is solid for a 3rd line.

Overall it looks like a decent enough forward group with my biggest question mark, who is the first line center here? I can see it only being Hazee as he has 102 games played at the position. Po1and didn't play S9 and 10 but i would have to assume he would have no trouble getting 60-65 points, but at 9.25m you want him around 80 like he did at S7. There is good depth here the 3rd line has a good amount of experience and all has put up 20 goals in multiple seasons.

-Defense-

@stay_at_homed the GM has been a solid Dman in the league, He's a 1st pairing Dman and finally back on a team that will probably make the playoffs for the first time since S8. @zChieef i would expect to be 1st pairing with homed as they have played together on defense in S6 and 7. @FndigBigfootBobo is going to be 2nd pairing, he's has had a decent career and is coming off his best season. @louiedeuce8 looks to be 2nd pairing with Bobo, he's had a consistent NHL career, a solid Dman here and at a good price at 1.75m. @WartorianT is coming off his best season and his first season as a Dman as past seasons before S10 he was a forward. He extended his contract this season to avoid bidding. If he plays well again and doesn't resign i can see his contract doubling next in seasons bidding. @VinceT13 a career AHL forward and a goalie last season looks to play his first season on defense and at 500k he'll be on the 3rd pair.

Overall it's a solid defense @stay_at_homed and @zChieef have played together before and knowing who you're playing with is a valuable asset. Bobo and deuce have been around awhile and have nice team friendly contracts.

-Goalies-

@Cuppy36 at 1.25m looks like the number 1 goalie here with 138 games played as goalie with most of his games coming from the last two seasons, including playing a total 59 games last season. @TDK95 at 500k is the number 2. last season was his first full NHL season and played 35 games in net, he overall had a solid S10.

-Closing-

This is a good balanced team, Polska usually makes teams that makes the playoffs and with this team it may happen again. It's got good depth but no 1st line center. The biggest question is will this team fall apart at the back end of the season?

:team17:Vancouver Canucks:team17:

The owner @Jlm1410 makes the move from Detroit to Vancouver this season. His teams has been up and down. His teams have finished 1st, 13th, 7th and 16th in his last four seasons as owner of Detroit. His career record as owner is 151-148-29.

-Forwards-

Beginning as usual the highest paid guy at 11m is @Aye Keeks, He's a first line player for sure with 11m. This guys has big numbers throughout his career. Last season he put up 35 goals and would expect the same or more this season. He's been a 20 game winner every season he's played and I would expect him to be a huge impact on his line. @nickyP1999 is going to man the first line with Keeks, he won a cup last season and was a big factor in the playoffs going 8-0 and 23 points. He's definitely a top player and when his 3 season contract is over i would expect he either goes around 7-9m or take a GM spot. I can see him putting up 35-40 goals this season. @prodigytolegend the GM is a questionable choice at GM, he was in the AHL last season and when he's played in the NHL he's been about average. Jlm probably could've gotten him in bidding relatively cheap and the only place i can see him playing is on the first line or 2nd and he probably shouldn't be. @Jlm1410 i see as the team's 2nd line center, he had a bad S10 but he usually can put up anywhere from 45-60 points and 20 goals.

@SyNSxCrusade i see as the team's 3rd line center, he doesn't have a lot of NHL gametime, but he did have his best season in the AHL last season. He should be a decent 3rd line center. @AdamFerry, @frite069, @Daddys_Gooch_fur and @Marsh-all- i can't imagine being on this team. They all have something in common, almost no NHL experience and are pretty much AHL and CHL players, unless they're all VG players. They're all also A status and can be easily sent down for the many DP players that litter the TC.

Overall i'm not hype for this group. Nickyp and Keeks are the best players here. They elevate the team on their own, they will win games and keep the team afloat on their own. There is no depth here, no first line LW, and not a lot of goal scorers outside of Nickyp and Keeks. I fully expect if things go south, those two are the first to get traded.

-Defense-

@dparans at 3.5m is going to be 1st pairing here, he's got a nice contract as usually he goes for around 5m. He's been a solid Dman, but last season he didn't have his best season and had unusually him PIMs. If things so south for this team i would expect him to use one of his trade requests. @The-Statistician at 3.25m might be an overpay here, I can't see him as a 1st pairing Dman but he's probably going to play with dparans. The last 2 seasons he's played in the NHL he's 15-30-8 -38. I guess it's not all his fault as back in S8 he was on the worst team in the west and in S10 and Pens team that missed the playoffs last season. @CFairman7 the AGM is the 2nd paring and an average Dman and honestly he should be 3rd pairing. @DCskins8 looks to play on the 2nd pair here, he had an underwhelming season 10 and his last best season in the NHL was S7 with Detroit. @rharmer3 and @l-Taiter-l are the 3rd pairing and taiter has never played LD in any extended capacity in LG. Taiter might get traded or waived and replaced by @TheSuperBongBros who was drafted 60th overall in this seasons draft.

Overall an underwhelming defensive core, the best guy here is Dparans and he may not stick around long term unless he's playing with Nickyp and Keeks. Everyone else here are mainly 3rd pairing Dmen and in such a stacked division i can see this group struggling.

-Goalies-

@TheyCallMeRevv at 2m is going to be the workhorse here, he's a long time proven NHL goalie who has two Venzina's to his credit, i can see him being traded if things go south for this team. @cgiroux11 an AHL goalie is the number 2 i expect him to get at least 3 games a week. If Revv gets moved i can see him stepping up into the number one role.

-Closing-

This might be one of the weakest teams in the Pacific. There is no depth and a shaky defense. There are only four impact players on this team, Nickyp, Keeks, Dparans and Revv and these guys could potentically be traded if the team falls flat early in the season. If Jlm doesn't do something to improve this team he could end up like last season in the division and conference, dead last.

:team31:Anaheim Ducks:team31:

The new owner of the Ducks @BigFreeze064, he goes to the Pacific after winning the Cup last season with the Islanders. The last two seasons he was the owner of the Islanders and made the playoffs both times as the 8th seed. His career record as owner is 85-59-20

-Forwards-

In the leadoff spot for the Ducks is @Tidan-16, he's one of my favorite players in LG, a solid first line center, but he's listed at RW, which makes his 9.5m contract dubius, he should be around 6-7m. He hasn't put up massive numbers as he's hovered around 50-60 points and at 9.5m you need him putting up at least 75-80 points. He can score 30-35 goals, which he does virtually every other season, this season looks like a 30 goal season. He's a solid player but at 9.5m for a RW that's not a high point output player, it's too much. @SANtheMAN19 looks to be the 1st line LW at 3.5m. He's coming into his first NHL season after a 100 point season in the AHL on the best team in the Eastern Atlantic. I'm sure he's an outstanding player, but thrust on a 1st line in his first NHL season in one of the toughest divisions in league? It's a tall order. At center on the 1st line is @xOgLowkeyyx, he, like SAN is an AHL player and a good one, but last season wasn't his best as he went from one of the best teams in the Atlantic to literally the worst team in the AHL. Judging by how little he played after the trade I would surmise that he gave up and quit.( @Mooner2014 please confirm) If the Ducks are not a good team this season maybe he just won't even bother to show up. @BigFreeze064 appears to be the 2nd line center on this team, he's the only center not counting Tidan who has NHL experience, but he's more of a 3rd line center, he's a 20 goal, 40 point guy and i can't imagine him being a huge impact as a 2nd line center.

@EnforcerBlues appears to a 2nd line RW on this team at 2m, last season was actually his first full season in LG since S2 and he was at LD. I don't know what to expect from him as a forward literally 8 seasons later. @A_Prodigy_Rising is on a 2nd line? I just don't know anymore, he's a CHL player who most likely will get sent down to the Gulls. @Meestah Don was apart of the cup team that won last season, but he's probably a 3rd liner here, he's had nice AHL career as he's 13th all time in points in the AHL, but sometimes being the best in the AHL doesn't translate to the NHL. He is however a solid 3rd line RW and an excellent depth guy. @BlakeDangles didn't play in S10, he did put up 32 points in the NHL in S9 and spent most of his time before S9 in the AHL, i figure him to be a 3rd line center.

Overall I'm flabbergasted, did you recently watch moneyball and thought to do the same thing? Or is your plan to replace almost everyone here with the horde of DPs in the TC roster or pillage the AHL team? These are mainly AHL forwards plus Tidan, granted very good AHL forwards, but what happened? Did you show up to bidding late and picked up what's left?

-Defense-

The ace pitcher for this defense is the 5.35m @ryno1354, in the past he's played goalie and LW and has been solid at both so i would expect him to step in on defense with little to no issue. @cmike17 the GM looks to be ryno's D partner, he's been a solid Dman, but i'm not sure he's worth the free contract here.

@xCOACH_19 exiting his first season in which he won a cup, what luck to be drafted high and go right to the finals in your first season. Coach looks to man the 2nd pairing as he was solid last season. @Wadda_Buffawo a solid AHL Dman looks to get into the NHL for the first time, i would prefer him to be on the 3rd pair for his first season in the NHL, but we'll see what he brings in the NHL. It's a shame you're late to the party as you've won a calder in S9 and Mem cup in S8 and if you were on the Islanders last season to get the ultimate prize you would've had the ultimate flex. @Babagunoosh989 had a good S10 after spending S9 in the AHL and at 500k, the best contract, looks like a 3rd pairing Dman here. @DakotaPie at 1m also appears to be on the 3rd pair, this will be his first NHL season.

Overall I like the defense, Cmike has been consistent the last 3 seasons, but is probably more a 2nd pairing Dman. Ryno is an unknown as he's never played defense in the NHL, but i would assume it wouldn't be an issue, he's just a good player that can play anywhere. Coach and Babagunoosh look promising heading forward. In the pipeline though is @Odieeeeee, but at 12m i can't see him getting called up, unless Freeze makes moves to free up cap to make room for him.

-Goalie-

@SWBobcats11 looks to be the headman here as he was a solid AHL goalie and played very well in the NHL last season even though it's a small sample size with only 25 total games.This is going to be his first full NHL season and i'm curious as to how he'll handle the increased workload. @Doc_Marshmallow is getting his first taste in the NHL. He's spent his last two seasons in the AHL on the best Eastern Atlantic team. He probably is a solid tendy, but I wonder how much of his success was just being on a good team. I guess this season we'll see if his AHL numbers are a mirage and hoisted up by a good team or if he's a solid goalie, i'd like to think he's a solid goalie who was on a good team, we'll see.

-Closing-

I worry for this team. The forward group is an AHL squad, it's mainly an allstar AHL squad, but still an AHL squad nonetheless. If this team isn't good to start i can see Tidan giving up early and just not trying. @BigFreeze064 why did you bid on players like a first time AHL owner? I don't understand it. How can you win a cup and then follow it up with this team? Did @xCounter43x do all the work for you? I don't believe this team can be successful in this division, there are too many good teams here, I can see this team getting first lined by everyone in the division. It's looks like a long season, good luck.

:team676:Vegas Golden Knights:team676:

@jay6219, the owner of the Knights has made the playoffs once in his last three seasons since taking ownership. His teams are usually competitive and a middle of the pack team. His record as owner is 122-101-23.

-Forwards-

Leading the charge for the Knights is the 9.5m player @XxJusT4TheShoWxX, he's a good first line player who usually picks up about 8.5m in bidding and is usually a 60-65 point player and around a 20 goal scorer. If he's going to play RW this season you want around 40 goals from someone who is 9.5m and be able to carry a line, i'm not sure he can do that. As the rest of the center on the team are 500k and there are not real 1st line options here i would expect show to play center here. @NoRegrets27__ aka GallyChucky comes in at 4.5m, which is right about where he should be contract wise, a solid 2nd line wing. Last season was a bit of down season for him with only 47 points but if he can get what he did in S9 with 60 points and get around 30 goals like he can it would be a good bounce back season from what looked like a disappointing S10. @j_marz25 the GM had a disappointing S10 with only 45 points. He's definitely able to get anywhere from 60-80 but he appears to on a bit of a downswing and the last time he had 80 points was S8. I think 65 points for him this season is a perfectly reasonable goal to achieve. I'm not sure if he's worth a free contract if it was the end of S8 i'd say yes, but his points has been sliding down since S9, however if he went into bidding he probably would've gone somewhere around 5-6m. The owner @jay6219 is a solid player. He's a consistent 60 point guy and is probably going to be either on the 1st or 2nd line.

At 750k comes in @Moofang. He's a 3rd line player and a bit of a streaky player too. He can get anywhere from 50 points to around 35 points. Here comes the 500k army. Starting this list is @matthuot87, he should be a fine 3rd line center. He's never played much center in LG, but he has played plenty of defense, so positioning shouldn’t be a problem. he seems like he could be a decent 3rd line defensive center. @Live by S I N looks to be a 3rd line LW. He averages 39 points in the NHL he'll probably be able to put up around that number with 20 goals, and for a 3rd line winger that's about what you'd expect. @TTV-Thorpe7 and @Westbygod look like AHL and CHL players, i would think they get moved for either someone in the AHL roster or one of the two centers they drafted.

Overall its an okay forward group. J_marz and NoRegrets are coming off underwhelming seasons, but if they bounce back this team would get two solid 30 goal scorers. I think either of those two can play on the 1st line, i think it'll depend on availability. The line could look like Jay-show-j_marz for the first line, and that doesn't look that bad, after that though there are question marks, it seems like moofang and matthuot would be on the 2nd line with NoRegrets, and that line I'm less sure about.

-Defense-

Holding the castle on defense is @BKerslake8 at 7.25m, he's never played Defense before in LG as he's pretty much only played LW, and has been a solid winger throughout his career. He's a good player and i don't think switching to defense should be much trouble. @ 5.25m on the f1st pair with Kerslake is @Zwigggy_ an Xbox player who skipped out on S31 to play on the PSN side and he had a solid season in his first NHL PSN season. @Jpinvmt at 1.5m. He's been in the NHL for the last two seasons, last season wasn't a good one and hopefully this one looks to be an improvement. I think he might get moved at some point for @perrysavage33 who was drafted 18th overall and is a LD. This team only has two LDs on the roster. @IceAJ420 had a down S10, but other than that he's been a solid Dman.I see him as a 2nd pairing for this team. @cholesterolbomb didn't play S10, but before that he was mainly a forward, he has a few games under his belt at defense but nothing substantial. At 500k i expect him to be the 3rd pairing Dman.

Overall an average defense with what looks like a solid 1st pair in BKerslake and Zwigggy. After that it looks shaky i think the 2nd pairing could end up looking like perrysavage and IceAJ on as a 2nd pair and Cholesterolbomb and tommyboii as 3rd pair to start the season.

-Goalies-

Last line of defense on the walls here is @flight-airline. Expect him to be the workhorse goalie as he holds the current record for most games played by anyone in the league with 448. He's a solid goalie every season and usually can face well over 650 shots. @realdemonX has played everywhere from center to LW and RW, a utility man. When he has played goalie he's been solid and should be a fine number 2.

-Closing-

Vegas is a middle of the pack team that's going to be in the mix fighting for a playoff spot, they'll probably start off slow and then make a push late as Vegas often does. This team needs a few more pieces on offense to be a little more dangerous but what they have right now is a decent start. the weakness on this team for me here is the defense. After the 1st pairing the other pairs just look average. The goaltending looks to be the best part of the team. I can expect Flight to steal games and keep games close.

:team28:Arizona Coyotes:team28:

Leading the pack for the Coyotes is the owner @I2I-Way-Hockey. He's making his way to the Pacific as he's one of a few owners swapping teams this season. Previously he was the owner of the Florida Panthers. His teams usually have made the playoffs and has been competitive, I expect his team to be in the playoff discussion this season too. His record as owner is 139-84-23.

-Forwards-

With a 10m contract is @SJUSoccer9, an Xbox player who hasn't played in on the PSN side since S5. A long time Xbox player with 409 games played on Xbox as a center. I'm not sure how he'll be on the PSN side after taking a 5 season hiatus. He might actually be a little overpaid and has a high contract because of his past success on PSN and being an Xbox player, but on xbox he's only had around 45 points in the last 3 seasons. At 10m though he's going to be on the first line. @TGil36 at 7.75m looks to be overpaid here, if this was S7 after coming off his season 6, 82 point campaign I would understand the contract, but he didn't play S8 and 9 and only had 49 points last season and S7 which was his last season until S10 wasn't good. If he looks like his old self this season i can expect 30 goals, otherwise i would expect at least 20. @Boughss at 3.5m i would expect to play on the 1st line, he's a very good AHL player but he doesn't have much NHL experience. @I2I-Way-Hockey should be manning the 2nd line here with SJUSoccer with 10m on the first line. I2I-Way has been a solid player and has a lot of NHL experience. He's a solid center who can get 60-65 points.

@Dirtyduster88 i can expect on the 2nd line, he had a promising first season 10 netting 52 points and going 16-8-3, playing with 2-way on the 2nd line I would expect him to build off of that. @Williams_55 will also looks to play on the 2nd line. He had 50 points last season, he's a decent enough player but he should be on the 3rd line though. @wildstajan1 at 1m was a Dman going to wing, he had an average S10 on defense and before that had a pretty average AHL career with his best season being S7 in the AHL. He should be on the 3rd line. @TheSlimReaper22 at 500k is an AHL player that appears to be on the 3rd line, he had good ECU numbers last season, but now he'll get a chance to stick around if he can. @Ekosecho is another 3rd line player here he looks like a throw away bid as he hasn't been good in the AHL.

Overall it's a suspect forward group, with over half the cap on two guys who had better past seasons. As a result of two guys with a high cap there isn't much depth here. The 3rd line doesn't look good and the 2nd line wingers look like they should be the 3rd line. It looks like an underwhelming group here.

-Defense-

@Jrascia the GM appears to be the 1st pairing Dman. He had a top notch S10 and a solid S9 on an average Canucks team. @MrPurpleCrush is going to be on the 1st pairing with Jrasica, he's been on the Panthers his whole career so going back to play on I2I-way's team is not a surprise. he's a solid Dman who's had multiple solid seasons. @Dustin x 28 at 3m is a forward going to defense and he's never played defense in LG aside from 1 game. He's been a 3rd line winger in the past occasionally putting up decent seasons. I would assume he would be at least be a serviceable Dman. His D partner is @Korey-72, he's been on the Panthers on the last two seasons and had a decent S10 with a shaky S9. @lxl sakic19 lxl at 500k had a good S10, he's also had a decent AHL career he's going to be on the 3rd pairing here and 500k i like him here. He looks like a good depth Dman. @tslot9449 is a 3rd pairing here, the last time he was in the NHL at S9 it was an abysmal season, but at 500k i can accept him here. I can imagine him being replaced by someone on the AHL roster though.

Overall it's a decent enough defense. I really like the 1st paring defense here with both Jrasica and Mrpurplecrush as they've both been solid in past seasons. like the forward group there appears to be lack of dpeth here and that will be a problem.

-Goalies-

@XxKickaPooXx and @zeffster is the duo here. KickaPoo had a good S10, but he only played 35 games in the regular season, I would expect him to get around 40 this season. Zeff took that last couple season off from goalie to play defense, and he's back in net, I figure him to be the number two and Poo as the number one carrying the load here.

-Closing-

This looks to be an average team. It's biggest weakness is it's lack of depth and i see that being an immediate problem. The big contract of SJU and TGil is holding the team back with both being a combined 17.75m. That could’ve been used to be spread around and get solid players at other positions. It's got a good 1st pairing defense and if all goes well a good 1st line, i would expect I2I-way to carry the 2nd line, but overall it looks like one of @I2I-Way-Hockey weaker teams recently. However i can expect his team to make a playoff push.

:team76: Los Angeles Kings:team76:

The owner of the kings, @ITIoMMy-. He was the owner of the Canes in S8 where his team was 2nd in the Metro and one of the best in the league. He started Season 9 as the owner, but didn't stay to finish the season. And now two seasons later he's back as owner of the Kings. His record as owner is 56-17-9.

-Forwards-

@xYikes-_- at 4.75m is a nice contract, He played last season as a Dman moving from one bad team to another. The last time he played wing was S9 where he put up only 40 points, one of his worst seasons, point production wise. In the past he's been a 60-65 point guy and if he can get that which he hasn't done since S8 at his contract it would be a good pick up. I think he's a solid 2nd line player at this point, and will probably play on the 1st line. @BLong67- the AGM at 4.5m i can see on the 2nd line here. in the last two seasons he's put up 50 and 58 points. I can expect him to put up around similar numbers again this season. @ITIoMMy- looks to head the first line here. He's a solid player and really hard to play against, no brainer he's plays on the first line. Last season was his best in the NHL going 18-6-3 and 83 points. I don't know if he can match those numbers, but i would assume he could come close or at least be around 70 points. @JaY_SnIpEz77_91 at 4.5m is the 2n line center. He's played defense, center and RW in the NHL and had decent success. I can see him struggling a bit on the draw as he's a career 47.2% in the NHL.

For the 1st line LW is @GoochLicker_23. He's the obvious choice. His last two seasons on the Kings were pretty decent, putting up winning records both times while getting 55 and 54 points. In all honesty he should be on a 2nd line. @Domi_x_13 a 3rd line center at 750k had a bad season 10 while being on a bad team with Detroit with only 30 points. @Dark__Warfare__ looks to be at least on this roster at this moment and 2nd line LW. He should be on the 3rd line, he's got decent skill but really hasn't been able to show it yet in the NHL. Maybe the 3rd season is the charm? @mikemoran19 a former goalie and a solid one goes to wing on the 3rd line at 1m. To me it seems like an overpay for a former goalie. 500k is what he should've went for. @Miipanton @500k is a good depth guy, most likely playing on the 3rd line. He's a guy that will probably put around 40 points this season as he's done that almost every season.

Overall my biggest concern is, who is the first line LW? I don't see anyone here that can step into that role. The LWs aside from gooch are question marks and gooch in reality should be on a 2nd line at best. The depth on this group as a whole is lacking here. I could expect

@o S m i i t t y on the AHL team to get called up at some point to help this group.

-Defense-

@NielerR aka Cage at 7.25m is on the 1st paring here, He's played both center and goalie and has done a good job at both positions. Season 9 was the only time in the league where he played a full season as a defenseman, where he was on the Wild and was the best Dman on a team that missed the playoffs. I would guess that he would be the best Dman on the team again this season too. @x13arzy at 4.25m will play on the 1st pair with Nieler, overall he's has solid seasons and looks to be nice Dman, but i peg him more as a solid 2nd pairing Dman. @SilvaL15L at 3m will be on the 2nd pair. I don't like his contract here. It's too high for a player who's never played defense in LG aside from a few games in the CHL. He's normally a LW and a 3rd line LW. @CJ l58l the GM appears to be on the 2nd pairing. He's a former center who didn't play S10. I'm don't think he's worth the free contract he's never played D in LG. He's had a nice AHL career at center and was the best player on the Wild in Season 9, but he probably would've been affordable in bidding. @xMORENZ and @Dowdenn make up the 3rd pair and both at 500k it's a decent enough pairing.

Overall it's a suspect defense, the only pairing I would trust here is the 1st pairing. The depth here is average and I would expect some improvements to be made on the back end at some point.

-Goalies-

@JKHank07 at 1.25m is the number one. What's interesting about him that he's never played goalie in the CHL or the AHL and went he got his first season in the NHL at season 9 he was pretty solid. @MDConMan an AHL goalie looks to get his first NHL shot. He's been really solid in the AHL and i hope he plays well in his first NHL stint because

lurking in the AHL is @x-_price-31_-x he's at 1.25m and i would figure there is no way the AHL team keeps a combined 3.5m goalie duo. Price played very well in the NHL last season and if any goalie on the Reign gets called up, it most likely him.

-Closing-

I'm on the fence about this team. I want to like it but there's not much depth here and good playoff teams all have good depth. There is no first line LW and the defense looks iffy. It looks like an average team that could fall apart if things fall south early on.

:team11:Edmonton Oilers:team11:

Rounding out the Pacific division is the owner of the Oilers @Ols-9-. He was the owner of the Ottawa Senators last season. It wasn't a particular good season going 12th in the east. He had a record last season of 38-40-4 not a terrible season for a new owners first try and with moving to the west he can start fresh and improve.

-Forwards-

@x Fisher 81 an Xbox players starts off with a 9.5m contract on the 1st line. He looks well deserving of a 9.5m contract, raking up two cups over there. He didn't play Season 30, 31 and 32 but he's been a top notch goal scorer over there. I'm curious how his play translates to PSN, but if it does then his contract should be well worth it. @Streetsmurf the GM a solid pick for a free contract, he normally goes around 6-6.5m. A solid 2nd line winger who can easily get 60-65 points and around 30 goals. @Kraftyx16 was apart of the Islanders S10 cup team. He's 3.75m and the highest paid center on the team. His contract says he's going to play on the 1st line but he's a 3rd line center, 2nd maybe. @2.25m comes in @JCpens22 he's been around a long time but the production hasn't been there since S5. Last season he was in the CHL and had a total of 89 points, woot. The CHL where anyone decent can put up numbers. I'm not sold on JCpens he hasn't played a full season in the NHL since season 7. Still on his rookie contract is @KarlssonIsGod. He is going to play on the 2nd line, last season he put up 60 points in his first season and i can see similar numbers this season too. He's got a lot of potential as players who usually dominate the CHL usually play well in the NHL. It usually takes a few weeks for top drafted CHL players to get used to the NHL and he got better point wise as the season went on.

@Ols-9- the owner is a 3rd line player, he's a depth player who's never gotten over 40 points in the NHL. @Bogey99x_o is a 3rd line center, he's never played center in the NHL. The last time he played a played center was season 8 in the AHL. @FrostyLocks looks like a throw way bid. There isn't a 2nd line center on the team and this team drafted 5 centers, pick one. @xSabou_RiseAgain is an unknown to me, he's only played 10 games all in the CHL.

I'm not counting his Xbox stats as he hasn't played since season 18 so he might be a VG guy, but at 2m on the 3rd line i hope he's worth it.

Overall it looks like an average forward group. I can see the key contributors being Fisher, Streetsmurf, and Karlsson. There is no real 1st or 2nd line center. The wings look fine but the middle appears the weakest here, but there are 5 center DPs in the pipeline.

-Defense-

@RyOfTheBeholder at 4.25m didn't play last season after an abysmal S9. In the past he's been a solid Dman, not 1st pairing, but a good 2nd pairing guy. He's been around since season 1, he another LG dinosaur. good to see you back. At 2.25m is @xGianTx he too isn't a 1st pairing Dman but also a solid 2nd pairing. @JonFromEarth at 3.5 looks to man the 2nd pairing, he's a holdover from the Sens roster and has solid seasons in the past. @in-c3p-ti0n_ an average AHL Dman, he's got a lot of AHL experience, but not much in the way of NHL playtime, pretty much all of him time in the NHL has been ECUgames. @TaPoisse and @Robster_819 two 500k guys who are mainly AHL players with limited NHL games, I can see these guys getting sent down for some of the DP Dmen.

Overall there is lack of depth after the 1st pairing. Ry and GianT should be a solid pairing. Jon is the next best guy in the group but after that i'm not convinced the rest of the defenders on the roster will stay long term. It's an average defense here.

-Goalies-

@iCallsoWhat55 at 2m is the number one goalie here, he's had two really solid seasons in S9 and 10, he should get the heavy workload. @Jenlocs is listed as the number 2 but I don't believe he's going to on the roster when the season starts, he's barely played any substantial games at any level.

-Closing-

There are some weak spots on this team. Mainly 1st line LW, 1st line center and 2nd line center. There are forwards that i like namely Fisher, Karlsson and streetsmurf. JCpens would be a nice pickup if he puts up season 4 and 3 numbers, but he hasn't put up numbers like that for a long time. The forward depth is suspect and the defense is average. I want Ols to have a better season 11 and Season 10 was disappointing. If positive changes aren't made i can possibly see this team near the bottom of the division.

This closes the Western Pacific division. I hope everyone enjoys reading this, it took me awhile to make. I plan on doing the Western Central division next so if anyone wants to send me any information on anyone on their team please let me know more information is great for a more detailed breakdown.

• Like Like x 34
    • Winner Winner x 4
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • Creative Creative x 1
    No Streaming Account
  2. xPolskaaa--92

xPolskaaa--92 Just at the trap

Discord:
    xPolskaaa--92#2360
    Ratings:
    +2,703 / 233 / -524
    I love the amount of detail you put into this

• Like Like x 3
    TrooperPetterson
  3. JaYI77I

JaYI77I Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +394 / 2 / -8
    :team76:

• Like Like x 6
    • Get Good Get Good x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    No Streaming Account
  4. zRobb-_-

zRobb-_- The Wayne Gretzky of sexual stuff

Ratings:
    +448 / 35 / -101
    o_O

• Like Like x 2
    robshere
  5. Domi_x_13

Domi_x_13 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +398 / 49 / -72
    • Like Like x 1
    • Troll Troll x 1
    • Get Good Get Good x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    No Streaming Account
  6. BLong67-

BLong67- Well-Known Member

Discord:
    BLong67#4885
    Ratings:
    +880 / 47 / -70
    • Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
    blong67_
  7. T--o--M--M---y

T--o--M--M---y Well-Known Member

Discord:
    .t.o.m.m.y.#0
    Ratings:
    +1,166 / 95 / -293
    facts

• Like Like x 2
    • Get Good Get Good x 2
    xToMMyyyyy
  8. vDarrkk-

vDarrkk- vDarrkk-

Ratings:
    +8 / 1 / -2
    Thanks I guess?

• Funny Funny x 1
    Dark__Warfare__
  9. lI-TopG-Il

lI-TopG-Il Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +657 / 12 / -110
    This thread doesn’t even need to be good. It just has to be better

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    No Streaming Account
  10. Primetimme

Primetimme - Nick.

Discord:
    primetimme#0
    Ratings:
    +3,684 / 41 / -169
    I was pumped I traded for @SJUSoccer9.

Then I read this thread.

• Informative Informative x 2
    Primetimme1
  11. Sonnnder

Sonnnder Staff Guy

Discord:
    s0nnnder#0
    Ratings:
    +573 / 15 / -37
    nice write up
    sorry that @Dowdenn and i are suspect.

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
    No Streaming Account
  12. Silva l15I

Silva l15I Bigs

Ratings:
    +321 / 28 / -161
    Yea smitty to get called up at 8mil, sick writeup

• Get Good Get Good x 3
    No Streaming Account
  13. FatHogChelly

FatHogChelly Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Chelly#1573
    Ratings:
    +323 / 6 / -69
    • Like Like x 1
    Chel_Legend
  14. Spray_and_pray_

Spray_and_pray_ Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Spray&Pray#1055
    Ratings:
    +536 / 35 / -62
    Really enjoy the amount of time you spend on these. Lots of depth here.

One thing to consider when analyzing past history - and potential upcoming performance - is if the player is a west player or not. Being on a west line - or not - for a west player goes a long way as to what you can expect for performance.

Regardless, really good job with these. Thanks for spending the time on them.

• Like Like x 1
    better20yearsago
  15. Perkosaurus

Perkosaurus Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Pancakes#6680
    Ratings:
    +293 / 7 / -13
    Good point, i really like that idea. With these i wanted to get guys a little more pumped for the season as sometimes the summer season can be a slog. Plus most of the other media have been just standing predictions. There hasn't been something like this in a long time and there hasn't been consistant media since moran and vhigh stepped down a couple years ago.

• Like Like x 2
    No Streaming Account
  16. x Viper 94

x Viper 94 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +310 / 245 / -212
    So do the Atlantic, really the only division that’ll be a threat

• Funny Funny x 2
    ohturbide
  17. the-statistician

the-statistician Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +140 / 2 / -4
    I'm aiming for a .500 record this season. Baby steps.

statistician66
  18. New Michigan

New Michigan On the Lake

Discord:
    korey72#0
    Ratings:
    +369 / 26 / -43
    yotes!

k72m
  19. dparans

dparans West is best

Discord:
    dparans#8064
    Ratings:
    +56 / 3 / -2
    Toxic here.
    Hoping break my personal record of 5 trades this season.

crymeariver19