S11 Central Division Preview

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming Hockey League (LGHL PSN)' started by I-MT98-I, Jun 5, 2019.

1. I MT98 I

I MT98 I Well-Known Member

Discord:
    MT98#9855
    Ratings:
    +1,293 / 21 / -57
    @MrPurpleCrush is back for another season of division preview write-ups, and this time he has some backup in myself, @I-MT98-I. Since we’re a duo, we’ll be covering various parts of these write-ups, as I will be covering the intros, forwards, and the X-Factors, while Cody will be covering the defencemen, goalies, and conclusions for each team. Starting off our division previews is the Central Division, here we go:

1) :team391: - Winnipeg Jets

After a roster swap that sees @Gourr- come over to the Central Division, we see a clear opportunity to grab hold of the regular season crown for the 2nd straight season.

Forwards - A

Departures

@I JF5 I

@TakeNotes97

@KushNastyy

@Chipy-ox

Additions

@Feelted

@ScaryJoeyy

@Capitalsfan_08

@TrueLegend07

You know you have a special forward group when you can lose two key contributors to your offence in Jay and Kush, along with the support of Chipy and Takenotes, yet still have an A grade offence. The Jets boast a first line of @DeathClxwn/@ScaryJoeyy/@Capitalsfan_08. Death looks to avoid a sophomore slump after putting up a Calder favourite season of 22-4-1 with 78 points, and he’ll have plenty of help with Joey as his centre, someone who’s played 33 regular season games in NHL19, and has only lost 2. While Capsfan is the obvious third-wheel on this line, after seeing him play a few times at forward, I think he could fill in a support role on this line in order to let this duo dominate all season long. Their second line sees a veteran trio together in @Polgz/@Labrat/@Jxsse-21. Polgz came over in a trade deadline deal last season, going 10-0-2 for the Devils. This dominance was created with this trio as well, showing that Polgz, along with the re-sign Dad and the Rocket Richard winner, creates a pick your poison scenario with the Jets top-6. Then you have the third line of @Feelted/@Nick_x_98/@TrueLegend07, which really all it has to do is play around .500 hockey to give this team a good shot at the Presidents’ Trophy. Knowing that Nick has been reliable for that in his career (actually recorded 17 wins last season, let’s go Nick), they should do just that as I’m sure Nick will just get Feelted and TrueLegend to fire 20 turds per game like the toxic commander he is. This forward group is deadly, and the only reason it gets an A instead of an A+ is due to the loss of Felic and Kush. Gour did well to replace that GM spot with Joey, but I think it would’ve been nice to see if he could’ve dove into the draft for some late-round picks to fill his forward core. Either way, great group, good luck defending against them.

Defencemen - A

Departures

@calmblueicex

@Tronthedon23

@xGrapeCherry

@Mr_Invidious

@Zwigggy_

Additions

@Franchise Matty

@Gwan

@JLAden12

@Chews_n_Brewss

@Marchand x l63l

As if this team didn't look good enough on paper, @Gwan decides to come back and resign after not playing PSN last season and winning himself a cup on xbox. At a cap hit of 10.25, it left the Jets with around 8-9 mil cap space going into bidding and I was quite skeptical of who they were going to be able to get on defence. Before bidding began they acquired @JLAden12 from the Ducks for 2 firsts. At 1 mil, I think this is a perfect fit for the Jets. He'll start off as the 3rd pair LD with @Marchand x l63l but he is someone that can play both sides and it would not be surprising if he got playing time with both Gour and Gwan at some point if needed. In bidding the Jets picked up @Franchise Matty and @Chews_n_Brewss to round out their top 4. They could have got Stevie Wonder to play with Gwan and the pair would be fine, but Chews is coming off a 17 win season in Calgary and should be a very solid support dman for Gwan. While Matty isn’t the flashiest dman out there, I think his game probably goes unnoticed by a lot of people. His 3 NHL seasons at defence on PSN he has registered at least 14 wins and has been +23, +19 and +26. He should serve as a great partner for @Gourr- who can provide a great puck possession and offensive game from the back end.

Goalies - B

Departures

@Desy_93

@StackedPads

Additions

@tabbs85

@xDudester

In net the Jets picked up @tabbs85 at 500k and @xDudester at 1.25 mil. While the cap hits may suggest Dudester would be the starter, I have played with Tabbs enough to know that he is a very solid goalie and could easily be the starter on this team. If that is the case it will be interesting to see how long Dudester lasts in Winnipeg

X-Factor: @Capitalsfan_08 is the Jets X-Factor simply due to the fact that he sticks out as the odd man out in this top-6. Like I said earlier, he’s playing with a dynamic duo and really just has to play a supporting role on that line, but it’s things like when a play breaks down, is he in the right spot to keep it going? When he gets fed for scoring chances, can he finish? Or even vice versa, can he provide the occasional setup for Ethan or Joey? It’s not about can he play this role, because he can, but how well can he play in it. As much as a duo can do their own thing, NHL19 makes moments where you need a third guy, and Winnipeg will need Capsfan to be on the spot in those moments.

Conclusion: This Jets team is a force to be reckoned with. Everyone knows they are going to be at, or near the top of the standings. Can they get the job done in the playoffs though? They have a juggernaut offence and a stellar defence as well but in the end you have to win games when they matter the most. Easier said than done, but the pressure is on for this team.

2) :team75: - Chicago Blackhawks

Chiraq is on the come-up, as new owner @Rivnasty takes on a ravaged franchise, and looks to rise this organization from the ashes post-Season 6 and on to new heights.

Forwards - A-

Departures

@russianphenom16

@ItzAlive__

@sabu22

@Soju_Era

@I9I_Bento_I3I

@MAGIC_MIKEY1

@Namodeo98

Additions

@Big_LCorleone139

@Ellis8802

@Twistnee

@xVishh

@Arctic Blur

@Rivnasty

@Full_melt707

@KiNgFLiPS (DP)

@kennydatank (DP)

The Blackhawks’ first line consists of @Ellis8802/@Arctic Blur/@Rivnasty and could very well be a carbon copy of how Winnipeg’s first line will work. Riv paid a hefty 10 million for Blur to be his centre, and with Blur recording 17+ wins in all 3 of his NHL seasons on Xbox, you can’t really argue it either. Riv is coming off a great bounceback sophomore campaign that saw him raise his win total by 7 and his points by 24. This duo will then be joined by Ellis, a LW making his PSN debut after putting up an 18-9 in the LGAHL on Xbox for Hartford last season. Look for him to be the wildcard that can take this line from good to great. You then have Chicago’s 2nd/west line, as reigning Stanley Cup champions @xVishh and @Twistnee look to continue their success in the red, black, and white. Joining them on this line is @Full_melt707, which will be interesting since he isn’t west anymore. Yet, it’s still easy to see this line having success, as the duo of Twist and Vish combined for 20 wins and 65/66 points in the regular season for the Islanders last season, along with an undefeated playoff run. This forward group is capped off with the line of @Big_LCorleone139/@kennydatank/@KiNgFLiPS. This trio sees two draft picks in Kenny (drafted 32nd overall) and King (drafted 51st overall) making the immediate jump from the CHL to the NHL. They are joined by the veteran Ragoo, who has quietly posted 16, 19, and 18-win seasons in his previous three in the NHL. I’ve never seen Kenny and King play, but knowing they have someone like Ragoo on their wing, along with not being expected to be in their top-6 on paper, presents a great opportunity for them to find success this summer season. Overall, this Chicago forward group has two duos that are going to produce at a high rate, but I can’t give more than an A- knowing that while they do have constants on all lines, they also have question marks. In my opinion though, those constants outweigh the question marks heavily.

Defencemen - B+

Departures

@JTStunner26

@Komotoast

@xBrando92

@Bbrawler84

@Pastahnak

@xYikes-_-

Additions

@meka DVA meka

@ImSikBoi

@canuckftc12W

@A_Lucky_Pucker

@Jeffsosta (DP)

@zappaforever (DP)

Leading the way for the Hawks on defence is the grizzled veteran GM @meka DVA meka who is making the switch back to defence for the first time since season 6. His partner to start the season will be the 77th overall draft pick @Jeffsosta who went 7-0-2 in the CHL playoffs last season. While I do not know anything about him, I have heard good things and this would be a steal of a late pick if he pans out, just like Baris' 44th pick in the season 5 draft, MrPurp...... wait never mind. The 2nd pair on this team is @ImSikBoi and @canuckftc12W who will be a part of Chicago's west line. It seems like Sik has had a run of bad luck with teams since his stellar season 7 with the Predators, and Daris has had 2 underwhelming seasons with Arizona since returning to LG in season 9. Both will be expected, and should perform a lot better than their stats show from recent seasons. The 3rd pair will consist of @A_Lucky_Pucker and another draft pick in @zappaforever. At 750k AgentPC is a reliable 3rd pair guy who should be a great person to have play with Zappa, Chicago's 22nd overall pick who is coming off an 18 win season in the CHL.

Goalies - A+

Departures

@Soupy622

@V1P3R2106

Additions

@kucheran1214

@oRecki

In net Chicago easily has the best goalie tandem in the league with @oRecki as the starter and @kucheran1214 as the backup. Recki has proven that he is one of the best goalies on PSN and while 3 mil might be a lot, he has a solid team in front of him and he is very capable of stealing a game on his own at times. Kucheran will be the backup and he's definitely a guy that is capable of playing 4-5 games per week if needed. He is there to be the goalie for the west line though and he should excel considering he's played mostly on east and has had decent success.

X-Factor: I touched on it in my forwards part, but the X-Factor for this Chicago team has to be the four draft picks that are expected to start the season with the NHL club. While @kennydatank, @KiNgFLiPS and @zappaforever don’t exactly have the same assignments as @Jeffsosta has, I don’t think anyone this season was expecting any team to have four draft picks on their roster. It’s a great opportunity for these four rookies to step up and fill the role they’re provided, and they are the Blackhawks’ X-Factors.

Conclusion: On paper this team looks very good. You know what you’re getting out of the top guys on this team but as mentioned, the X-Factors are the draft picks. I think this team will contend for the playoffs no matter what but if the draft picks can actually play, this could very well be a cup contending team by the end of the season.

3) :team3: - St. Louis Blues

@Professor_Merana joins the Blues as GM to team up with his brother @White_Knucklerz and owner @Primetimme. With a limited turnover on the front end, while a complete turnover was done on the back end, we see this as the first Prime team to make the playoffs since Season 7.

Forwards - B+

Departures

@Barcode

@Pfarrcyde23

@jeff0012

@Tactfeezy88

Additions

@DYNOxMIKE

@Jarrett_42

@King_Formless

@redflag33

The Blues are led up front by the line of @DanielEPS/@White_Knucklerz/@DYNOxMIKE, as they boast two well-balanced lines in their top-6. This line features the 7 million dollar man himself at centre, who put up an impressive 18-win season in S10 while putting up 61 points in the process. On his flanks are DanielEPS, who was a deadline pickup for the Blues last season and felt right at home winning his last 6 games of the season, and DynoMike who has been reliable for 17/18 wins in the past year. This trio is followed by the line of @NELLY/@Primetimme/@WaLe_Ovechkin, three players who are looking to improve on their previous seasons. Both Wale and Nelly have 12-win seasons in S10 to their credit, while Prime looks to bounce back from his 7-win/40-point Season 10. Rounding out this forward group is the third line of @redflag33/@Jarrett_42/@King_Formless, which could really turn heads this season. Redflag looks to find his form that got him an 18-win/55-point S9 campaign, and he is joined by two Rampage call-ups in Jarrett and Formless. Jarrett had a relatively quiet regular season, going 8-5 with 24 points, then exploded in the playoffs with a 4-1 record and 16 points. Formless on the other hand went a solid 10-2-2 with 37 points in the regular season and followed that up with a 3-1 record and 14 points. Having seen both Jarrett and Formless play, I think that Formless is a guy who could really be someone to look out for in this line-up in terms of his ability to play with anyone, offensively he has a decent level of creativity and on any third line that is always welcome. He’ll have Jarrett who has limited NHL experience after starting S10 with Vancouver, and redflag who is playing in his 7th season in the NHL. Ultimately I think this group’s calling card is their depth and when they make the playoffs, line matchups could simply come down to who’s hot in terms of what’s your first/second/third line. I don’t think there’s any absolute game changers however, making me give these nine a B grade.

Defencemen - B+

Departures

@j483beale

@Dueceinthedirt

@PitcheRxSwaGx

@LeBlanc21

@Snizzah

Additions

@Professor_Merana

@Fumancheezy_

@HorrorSeen

@enb016

@HeartNSoul-X

Leading the way for the Blues on defence is the GM @Professor_Merana. No secret anymore that he is a stud and has proven himself to be a bonafide #1 dman in this league. On the right side with him is a teammate of his last season in Pittsburgh, @HeartNSoul-X. Although he has put up some good numbers, he has yet to play a full season in the NHL. After getting a 3 season deal at 2 mil that is likely going to change and if he's with Merana all season it should help a lot in his development as a player. The 2nd pair for the Blues will be @Fumancheezy_ and @Nardo x 19. With Fuman, availability always comes into question but he did played 23 games last season (his most since season 6) and posted 14 wins. He is another guy who was a teammate of Merana's last season and he is well worth the 4 mil. Nardo will be his partner and is coming off a career high 18 wins last season. Nardo has always been a solid dman but availability and inconsistency has seemed to plague him prior to last season. He is on the 2nd season of a 2.5 mil contract and if he can put up similar numbers to last season, that is going to be huge for the Blues. @HorrorSeen and @enb016 will man the 3rd pair. I’m not the biggest fan of Horror mostly due to his puck possession game and breakouts being a little shaky at the NHL level. Enb is coming off a season in which he played games in all 3 leagues. He went 7-5 with 10 assists on Montreal so it will be interesting to see how he does in his first full season.

Goalies - B

Departures

@A_CapTa1N_A

@L3iHowardL5i

Additions

@immortalbmw

@Jade_Dragoon_

In net the Blues have @Jade_Dragoon_ and @immortalbmw. Jade will be the starter and will need to rebound from a sub .500 record last season in Pittsburgh if the Blues are going to have success. He had 25 wins in season 9 on a Columbus team that missed the playoffs so he is very capable of bouncing back. Immortalbmw has 2 solid AHL seasons under his belt and will be making the jump to the NHL as the backup.

X-Factor: Without a doubt, the obvious X-Factor of the St. Louis Blues is @Primetimme. After never having a full season with less than 12 wins, putting up just 7 last season was a death sentence for the Blues. If this team has success, it has to see Prime finding some kind of his previous form. He’s had games this season where in a two-way sense, he’s been great. When he feels up to it he’s a great supporter of the offence, and then he can backcheck hard to help his defencemen with both winger defending on the wall when fending off a rush, and to cover up opposing centre movement. For him and his team to have success, I really think it just needs to come down to him willing to be an engine in every game he plays and to be the focal point of the team in that way, and as long as the roster doesn’t crumble like it did last season (finishing with 5 D-men), he should have enough help to be able to do that effectively.

Conclusion: Overall, this is just a well balanced team. There are not any major weak spots, there is some top end talent, and there is some really good depth on the team. If they are going to contend for the cup however, everyone needs to play up to their expectations and a few guys are going to have to step up and exceed expectations. Regardless this is a team that I see being in the playoffs by seasons end.

4) :team77: - Nashville Predators

After capturing the Central Division title last season, the Predators move on with new owner @RBCressor, new GM @ToppestOfTops, and a heavily retooled offence.

Forwards - B-

Departures

@Gucci__Gui

@Illyfilly

@VEXEloQuence

@BLong67-

@TraeVIII

@HockeyPRO-30

@FranPump-

Additions

@allstar_player

@KesselySnipes420

@ToppestOfTops

@FatHogChelly

@Landamov

@FatHogLucente

@Snoki69

The Predators’ first line features @ToppestOfTops centring wingers @allstar_player and @Snoki69. DB comes off an S10 with the Kings where he saw his greatest individual output, posting a 23-win season, along with 70 points and a +41. This season he comes to GM for Cressor, and takes on an almost mentor role on this line. Allstar is set to have this be his debut season in the NHL after going 11-13 with 36 points with Hershey last season. Snoki meanwhile will be entering his 2nd season in the NHL after going 11-12-4 with 38 points in Los Angeles last season. I know DB can play well with the right players and that was evident in S10, but is he really capable of carrying this line? I’m skeptical. Next on the depth chart is the S10 Rochester line of @KesselySnipes420/@FatHogChelly/@FatHogLucente, and I like Cressor’s idea here. If you’re going to have AHLers coming into the NHL for their debut, and they had previous success, why not put the three together in the NHL as well? In 34 games last season in Rochester (both regular season and playoffs), this line won 30. While I’m not a fan of the price they paid for Chel and Kessely, this could pay big dividends for a team that already seems to have depth issues with their first line wingers alone. The group is finished off by the line of @Landamov/@bertone2909/@Parihse. This is the only line that features returning Nashville forwards, with both Bertone (15-8-3/55 points) and Parihse (17-6-4/53 points) entering their sophomore seasons. The line then has Landamov, who went 13-13-1 with 46 points last season with the Sharks. While I really don’t see this line sticking together for long as Parihse seems like an obvious choice to switch onto DB’s line, these three could be good for 15+ wins this season, which out of a third line you’d love. This offence definitely has pieces I like, but there are guys in spots that make you just scratch your head, making me give this group a B-.

Defencemen - B+

Departures

@Mayor_35

@Chief-Tug_I49I

Additions

@J-yardy

@Sumaaa--

This Nashville defence has some really good depth but also top end guys who can give opposing teams problems trying to generate offense. @J-yardy was acquired in a trade which reunites him with his season 10 teammate, DoubleBrah. He had 20 wins last season but will have to transition to having new wingers and a new D partner in @DrFurryNips. Nips is a more defensive minded guy than Trio, so Yardy will have more responsibility when it comes to puck possession, breakouts, and providing offence from the back end. The second pair will consist of the Preds owner @RBCressor, and @Sumaaa--. Cressor is a guy that has consistently improved since making the switch to defence in season 8. He has become a very steady and reliable dman who is a perfect fit on this teams 2nd pair. Sumaaa is an AHL dman making the jump to the NHL this season and while I don’t know much about him, he'll be put in a good position playing with Cressor on the 2nd pair. The 3rd pair is @xXDR3AMK1LL3RXx and @Markz_51 who are a combined 1.5 mil, and coming off of 18 and 17 win seasons respectively. If they can produce anywhere near how they did last season, that will be huge for the Preds.

Goalies - A

Departures

@Agger23

@Soulplane4

Additions

@AdamZeeGT

@XGEnErAL 420X

In net it should not be a surprise to anyone that @XGEnErAL 420X is the starting goalie. TopG has been stellar, racking up 34 and 35 wins in the 2 seasons he's played goalie. Backing him up will be @AdamZeeGT who is coming off a solid season with Providence in the AHL last season. General will most definitely be getting 6 games a week so it will give Adam a small work load to settle in for his first NHL season.

X-Factor: The X-Factors for the Nashville Predators is 100% the S10 Rochester line. Without a doubt, the stats are there to suggest that this line could have success at this level. You go through the three and see Lucente with 111 points, Chel with 122, Kessely with 95 and you know they have talent. The only thing that makes me hesitant with these three is the jump in leagues. It’s weird to say coming from someone that made this same jump in S9 with a lot of people doubting I could adjust, but I just don’t know if I’m convinced that these guys can really adjust their game to the NHL. Can their chem benefit them at the start of the season? Absolutely, I don’t think anyone is doubting that these three can play together, but what’s going to happen when we get a few weeks into the season and people know what this line is going to do at this level? You also have to remember that Nashville has almost 10 million of their cap invested in this line. It can’t just be an experiment and if it doesn’t work by Week 4 or 5 you just scrap it. If the Preds are going to have success this season, this line has to work, and while I obviously don’t expect them to produce at a rate even close in the NHL to what they did in the AHL, I think the bar has to be what Parihse produced last season with 17 wins/53 points each. Can they do it? Well, if any graduating AHLer was going to produce at that clip or even higher, this is the situation to be put in and do it in.

Conclusion: A lot of people including myself underestimated this team last season so I’m sure the Preds are looking to once again prove people wrong. On paper they have the defence and the goaltending to compete, but can they get enough scoring from the new guys on the team, and can their depth come in clutch again this season? If the answer is yes, this team could surprise people again but if they cannot get enough scoring they could fall out of the playoff picture.

5) :team9: - Dallas Stars

@vKaybee returns for his third season as Dallas Stars owner, and this time brings in arguably the best offensive D-men in the league with @Dannyy Briere as his GM.

Forwards - B

Departures

@ChobanLacot

@nismo_I18l

@SeanieMack

@Dark__Warfare__

@ItsJodach

@Streetsmurf

Additions

@Fishhure

@Hypernov-

@russianphenom16

@Carm95

@Kroftonite

@xXAucoin1Xx

The Dallas offence is led by the line of @Hypernov-/@vKaybee/@Charmop82, as Charm switches back to his natural RW while KB sticks as his centre all the while bringing in Hyper at left wing. Hyper is coming off an S10 where he put up 57 points but saw limited team success, only amassing 8 wins. KB and Charm are two reliable players throughout both of their LG careers, and with previous seasons of 16 and 14 wins respectively, they’ll be looking to improve their numbers as Charmop looks to get back to his 18 and 19-win form he had with the Rangers. @Fishhure/@Carm95/@xXAucoin1Xx is next on the depth chart and could potentially be a blast to listen to more than watch. Fishhure has been good for 40+ points a season in his career, and he lines up with a 7.75 million Carm who had a career-low 29 points last season, and Aucoin who is a winger that was good for 50+ points a season up until NHL19. It’s a veteran line that looks to have a bounceback season for the Stars, just don’t tell them gg. The depth chart is finished off with wingers @russianphenom16, @coltcrazy and centre @Kroftonite. Crofto and his streams will now play host to him as a skater not only in club, but in LG as well as he plays his first NHL season as a skater since Season 7. He’s joined by russianphenom, who had to steer the Chiraq ship last season and went 5-7-2 in the process, and coltcrazy, who continues the theme of veteran forwards on this team struggling in NHL19. This offence boasts a lot of guys who have been around LG for awhile and the ones who haven’t really adjusted yet have had 8 months to adjust to the game, so I’d expect this to be their best season out of the last three. You also have some constants in guys like KB and Charm who you know will produce, and this earns the group a B grade.

Defencemen - B+

Departures

@DontBeSaad20

@dparans

@svvisco

@Apac of Midgets

@ImSikBoi

@PhuZeRK

Additions

@Beantwn_beatdwn

@KSKrish

@RockyRaccoon402

@Dannyy Briere

@l0wkey93-

@OsamaBinBLAZZZIN

On defence for Dallas the 3 core guys are @Dannyy Briere, @KSKrish and @RockyRaccoon402 (LG name will probably change before this goes up). Danny is one of the better dmen in the league and he showed that with an 18 win, 42 point campaign last season. With Krish at 5 and Brad at 4.25, Dallas gets 2 very reliable and defensively sound dmen. Both are also capable of providing clean breakouts and have the ability to chip in offensively a little bit as well. Dallas started off last season with 4 500k dmen on their roster, and have 3 this season. Similar to last season, the depth on defence could really hurt this team. While they do not have to be exceptional, if the 500k guys cannot provide quality play at the NHL level, things are going to go south in a hurry. @l0wkey93- has a bit of NHL experience and put up great numbers on a stacked Hartford team season 8. @Beantwn_beatdwn played in the NHL season 1 but has had mediocre stats at forward since returning to LG. @OsamaBinBLAZZZIN has decent AHL stats but very limited NHL experience. One of these guys is going to have to step up into a top 4 role and the other 2 need to be good enough to give the 3rd line a chance to win.

Goalies - B+

Departures

@flight-airline

@mikemoran19

Additions

@Jordanbrown1891

@JTresatti

In net for the first time in 4 seasons, Dallas will not have FlightAirline as their starting goalie. KB decided to change things up and the Stars are going with @JTresatti who makes his return between the pipes this season. He'll most likely be getting most of the workload as the backup @Jordanbrown1891 has 1 season above .500 in his 4 seasons in the CHL and AHL.

X-Factor: @Hypernov- is the obvious X-Factor of the Stars in my eyes (prepares for router to be sent to the moon). Hyper plays the game like it’s 3s, which makes it no surprise to learn that he has started his own 3s league, so good on him. The problem is that when Hyper plays in LG, there are 6 guys on the ice, per team. Yes, Hyper had success in his rookie season as a skater with 66 points and 16 wins, but last season made it evident that his style just cannot work in the NHL. In order for him to be effective, I think he has to tone down his need to turn offensive zone time into the basketball equivalent of iso ball, and he has to become less of a Josh Ho-Sang playmaker, and become a true facilitator of the puck. It’s not to say that Hyper isn’t a skilled player, he absolutely is, but if he can find that balance in his game, it would do wonders for both him and his team.

Conclusion: As mentioned, there’s some veterans up front and a solid core 3 on the back end. If they are going to be in the playoffs they need to figure out how to play well together and put pucks in the back of the net in NHL 19. It just doesn’t seem like a lot of the players on Dallas have figured out this game yet. This is a team that I think could easily go on a dry spell when it comes to scoring and if that happens too often this season, the Stars season may be lost.

6) :team30: - Minnesota Wild

Minnesota enters the season with the $200 man @McLxvinn as their GM, with @leafs1791 opening up the wallet to have one of the best GMs available get wild.

Forwards - B+

Departures

@Diirty_Triix_13

@Live by S I N

@SchroyDaddy

@Unclejake_213

@NielerR

@Dustin x 28

@Eh CanadianHobo

@meka DVA meka

Additions

@PerfectSkillz_Qc

@Schomby13

@McLxvinn

@Troak 25

@SeanieMack

@AlexeiKovalev27

@Gumba l11l

@Bunny_Pancakes (DP)

The Minnesota offence features the starring duo of @McLxvinn and @AlexeiKovalev27, along with @SeanieMack as their left wing. While McLovin experienced a down season in S10, that down season still churned out 18 wins. As a down season, lol. Kovalev comes over from Xbox, where he put up up a 19-win season with 46 points for the Wild last season (he’s going double wild, oh shit). Seanie rounds out the line in a support role after putting up a respectable 12-win, 49-point season with Dallas last season. This is going to be a solid line for the Wild throughout the season, or at the very least, their best duo at forward. The Wild’s next lines features @Troak 25, who experienced a raise in his salary this bidding, and he’ll have @ivegotyour6 and @PerfectSkillz_Qc. While Palmer hasn’t produced the amazing 23-win seasons that he was once had a year ago, he still has the ability to put up 16+ wins and 40+ points. The winger on his opposing side in PerfectSkillz, who went down to the AHL last season after playing S9 with Anaheim, where he put up 12 wins and 56 points. Both of these wingers have a really good ability to pick their spots in games, and I don’t think there’s any better fit they could have than having Troak, who seems like he actually plays better in a role like this instead of being a 1B on a line. While Troak had a down season in S10 with 13 wins and 45 points, I think it’s easy to see him getting back to the stat line that saw him put up 19 and 61 the season before. Finally, the group has @Schomby13/@Bunny_Pancakes/@Gumba l11l. Schomby and Bunny are entering their NHL rookie seasons, as Schomby went 10-8-2 with 48 points in Providence last season, while Bunny was the 83rd overall pick after a 17-5-1 season with 68 points in Baie-Comeau. Gumba meanwhile returns after taking S10 off, as he recorded a 10-15-2 season with 50 points in an S9 split between the Islanders and Canadiens. While I’m honestly not sure what to expect from their third line, knowing that the Wild have the duo of McLovin and Kovalev on the first line, while having Troak with the wingers he has, convinces me that this forward group deserves a B+ grade.

Defencemen - C-

Departures

@A_Lucky_Pucker

@Kiippper

@KMAC5

@Kgrilli

Additions

@leafs1791

@lxl MLGesus lxl

@PhistMYace

@BarhYdarB (DP)

@Gods3_3plan1 (DP)

Straight up this defence looks pretty abysmal. The top pair of @lxl MLGesus lxl and @SMiiRK-_- is more of a 2B pair but will be relied upon to carry this team from the back end. MLGesus is a natural LW who is capable of playing LD but not nearly as good at it. His partner Smirk is coming off a 16 win season with Kipper by his side to provide a lot of the offence and breakouts. If MLGesus cannot provide that same type of play, this pair will struggle, especially against good lines. @leafs1791 will be on the 2nd pair with their 20th overall pick, @BarhYdarB. Off the bat, when owner goalies switch positions, it usually does not go too well. I think Ryanx28 and Agger are perfect examples of guys who have built their best teams when they are in net. Who knows, maybe Leafs is a solid dman but putting yourself where you have the most value as a free contract should be the main priority. If Leafs isn’t great and Barh isn’t able to carry things are gonna be tough in Minny. Rounding out the defence is @Gods3_3plan1 and @PhistMYace. No idea who they are, not gonna get into the sub par stats, this defence might just need the real God and Jesus instead of GodsPlan and MLGesus.

Goalies - C+

Departures

@leafs1791 (lol)

@Lehk-

Additions

@Marts79

@Ryan_x_28

In net the starter for the Wild will be the aforementioned @Ryan_x_28 . I am not exactly sure Ryan is the guy you want as your starting goalie and even if he is, he is not a guy you need to drop a 1.5 mil opening bid on. The backup will be @Marts79 who is coming off a 4-9-1 season in the AHL. This goalie tandem is really going to have to step up for this tea if they are going to have any chance of being in contention for the playoffs.

X-Factor: @lxl MLGesus lxl is the X-Factor for Minnesota literally because who is on this defence. He has the highest contract so he’s the guy I’m going to need to see the most from for this defensive group to work. He has a career record over .500 on Xbox, but he’s never played defence on there. Meanwhile on PSN, he’s gone 31-19-5 as a D-man. They’re going to need him to post a record like that if this defence is going to stop anybody.

Conclusion: If this team is going to have any shot at the playoffs, they need to score. Alot. Like tons. The only part of this team that looks good is the offence but the defence is taking a huge hit because of it. It could be a long season if the defence struggles early and changes are not made to upgrade it.

7) :team8: - Colorado Avalanche

Wow, it is weird to put the Avs down here. @EPICxSKILLZY’s Avalanche, along with GM @BradyTkachuk enter the season looking to continue the Colorado legacy on LGPSN.

Forwards - C

Departures

@IKiiNG_94

@SMx71-

@EPICxSKILLZY

@DeathToRob

@Le-TKeSS

@Unluckeux

@mattkiinnoo

@One_Nut_Phil81

Additions

@rockygratt84

@rV_CLuTcHz

@sessman

@Chipy-ox

@Degraves5

@OrangeChickn

@BradyTkachuk

@I8l_Nik_l6l

Colorado is the only team in this division that didn’t actually give us their line combinations, so here’s me wingin’ it. I’d expect a line of @rV_CLuTcHz, @Chipy-ox and @BradyTkachuk to start off the Avs depth chart. Brady a.k.a. Troy (the first original Kawk to become a GM in the LGHL, #KawkUp) has had consecutive 16-win seasons on NHL19, meanwhile rV had a solid 15-win/61-point season with Montreal in S10, and Chipy having a 17-win/50-point season with the Presidents’ Trophy winning Devils. I think this line could produce some wins, my only question about it is it feels like three completely different play styles on one line, but no matter if you put Chickn or RV in it’s going to be that way. The next line would be @rockygratt84, @OrangeChickn and @l8l_Nik_l6l. Rocky played in the CHL last season after spending multiple in the AHL/NHL, posting a 8-1-1 playoff run, and Nik is coming back to LGPSN after being away since Season 7. Centring them is Chickn who I think is a better winger but whatever, who’s gonna centre in this spot. He’s coming off a career-low season with the Flyers in S10 (who didn’t have a career-low with the Flyers at this point) where he put up 14 wins and 45 points. Honestly, I hope Chickn has the backpack ready because this may be a long season for him again. Their third line would then be @sessman, “I could play in the NHL if I wanted to” @Degraves5, and @Mchew89. Mchew thought he escaped Skillzy after playing last season for his Penguins (and going 6-3 with 11 points), but then he got slapped with a 500k bid. Degraves (17-10-1 with 57 points on Cleveland S10) and sessman (12-11-2 with 50 points on Providence S10) both make the jump to the NHL. I don’t really know how to put this besides this forward group just screams mediocrity. While I’d admit they have pieces, even that first line just seems like a play style mess, and due to that, I have to give this group a C grade.

Defencemen - D+

Departures

@Professor_Merana

@Goouuu x 27

@Fumancheezy_

@The-Statistician

@iTzPSUNation

Additions

@Dueceinthedirt

@Tronthedon23

@EPICxSKILLZY (oh hey)

@HyperDeezNutz

@ItsAPurpleDragon

@NowYoDead

After 7 seasons at forward, @EPICxSKILLZY decides to play defence as owner this season. It is probably not as bad as a goalie switching to defence but this move does not make any sense at all and most likely won’t pan out well. The 2 main pieces Colorado picked up in bidding are @Dueceinthedirt and @HyperDeezNutz at 4 mil and 4.75 mil. Despite an 18 win season with the Blues, I still think Deuce has a lot of things to work on to improve his game and it probably won’t help being looked upon to lead this Colorado defence. While I do not understand why he uses a DD build, Hyper is a solid dman but will obviously be playing on east and with weaker players than what would be ideal. Rounding out the defence is @Tronthedon23, @ItsAPurpleDragon and @NowYoDead all at 500k. All have been average 3rd pair dmen at best and I don’t think any of them are going to exceed those expectations to help make up for Colorado's weaker top end dmen in any way. This defence just does not have the top end talent or the depth needed to compete for the playoffs.

Goalies - C

Departures

@iCb4uC

@Jade_Dragoon_

Additions

@Axskull

@BCNYY02

In net they have @Axskull who is a forward that has ECU'd as a G a few times. Interesting choice to spend 1 mil on as a starting goalie. The backup will be @BCNYY02 who put up great numbers in the AHL last season. Gonna be a tough transition to the NHL while on Colorado though.

X-Factor: Can @Chipy-ox make that first line work? I think Skillzy put 6.5 into him so that the line revolved around him, but I just don’t know if Chipy is really going to want to stick around or put the effort in to actually make it work. If this Avs team is going to find winning ways, it starts with their first line centre buying in.

Conclusion: Honestly I think even if Colorado’s first line miraculously won 20 games, I still don’t think they’d make the playoffs. This team lacks the depth both on offence and defence, needed to just compete for a playoff spot. Who knows, maybe some guys will step up and exceed expectations but regardless it’s going to take a lot more than that for this team to get near the playoffs.

That does it for our Central Division preview, we appreciate you for reading and we’ll be back for more division previews as the week goes on, so stay tuned to the forums for more. :goblin:

Last edited: Jun 5, 2019
    • Winner Winner x 28
    • Like Like x 24
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    mt98
  2. Twistnee

Twistnee cup check

Discord:
    Twistnee#0284
    Ratings:
    +158 / 14 / -57
    Wow very well done, looks like you put a lot of effort into this. Great job!

• Like Like x 3
    xtwisterr
  3. RBCressor

RBCressor Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Cress#5140
    Ratings:
    +163 / 3 / -8
    Good job boys, solid write up

• Like Like x 2
    rbcressor
  4. WashdNoThums

WashdNoThums Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Scy#3343
    Ratings:
    +402 / 60 / -171
    Lol, why would you dislike, @Jade_Dragoon_?

Piece of shit.

Great write up, gentlemen!

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
    No Streaming Account
  5. meka DVA meka

meka DVA meka Bring Load Management To LG

Ratings:
    +3,475 / 92 / -197
    Good job a lot of effort in this, hope you do all the divisions.

Disclaimer: Full Melt is 100% west :sadegg:

Last edited: Jun 5, 2019
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    Nybarisny
  6. Drewl24l

Drewl24l Best Known Member

Discord:
    full_melt707#9603
    Ratings:
    +630 / 72 / -81
    Yeah lost my job in Portland hate to see it.

• Funny Funny x 3
    melt707
  7. I MT98 I

Discord:
    MT98#9855
    Ratings:
    +1,293 / 21 / -57
    This man lied to me so he could get carried by Twist and Vish, I respect that, Hawks for Central Division champs now

• Funny Funny x 2
    mt98
  8. HypaD-

HypaD- HypaD

Discord:
    HypaD#3352
    Ratings:
    +98 / 0 / -2
    My DD is elite donn't sleep, But great write up <3

• Like Like x 3
    Hyperd321
  9. DDW-_-

DDW-_- Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,499 / 73 / -89
    WOW NOTHING ABOUT THE ELITE ECU CHI HAS... F U MRPURPLE

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
    No Streaming Account
  10. Sumaaa--

Sumaaa-- Washed is the new meta.

Ratings:
    +441 / 22 / -58
    solid write up.

• Like Like x 2
    sumaaaaaaaa
  11. xHyper-8

xHyper-8 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    luvhyper#0
    Ratings:
    +1,160 / 31 / -54
    Nice write up.

• Like Like x 2
    No Streaming Account
  12. Spray_and_pray_

Spray_and_pray_ Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Spray&Pray#1055
    Ratings:
    +536 / 35 / -62
    Awesome job, bud.

If I could make one suggestion on formatting: after the additions/departures sections, adding in what the finalized lines will look like will give the reader a foundation heading into the meat of the analysis. The analysis is so good, but having a visual of finalized lines would help solidify it.

Departures
    Additions

LW-C-RW
    LW-C-RW
    LW-C-RW

Analysis

Regardless, always love these. Awesome job, man.

• Like Like x 3
    • Useful Useful x 1
    better20yearsago
  13. CBCx77-

CBCx77- Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +359 / 54 / -39
    Shitter here

• Informative Informative x 3
    capitalsfan_08
  14. Chipy-ox

Chipy-ox Should be worth 11 mil at least - Mitts

Discord:
    Chipy-ox#0918
    Ratings:
    +588 / 146 / -171
    LOL

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Get Good Get Good x 1
    chipyox
  15. enb016

enb016 FlameZ

Discord:
    enb016#0200
    Ratings:
    +94 / 10 / -31
    I am not a he.......

• Funny x 8
    • Informative x 6
    • Like x 1
    • Get Good x 1
    • Winner x 1
    • Useful x 1
    • Creative x 1
    enb016
  16. Spray_and_pray_

Spray_and_pray_ Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Spray&Pray#1055
    Ratings:
    +536 / 35 / -62
    Considering you'll probably be the sole exception to that assumption in any of these reviews, I'm sure you can understand the mistake.

• Like Like x 1
    better20yearsago
  17. DanteLucc

DanteLucc Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Dante#0213
    Ratings:
    +6 / 6 / -1
    Great write up

• Like Like x 2
    dantelucc
  18. RBCressor

RBCressor Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Cress#5140
    Ratings:
    +163 / 3 / -8
    Not with that attitude

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
    rbcressor
  19. I MT98 I

Discord:
    MT98#9855
    Ratings:
    +1,293 / 21 / -57
    That’s one of those things where when you’re posting it at 1 in the morning and doing final editing then you miss it, sorry about that @enb016 ... also I’m guessing after a certain amount of views/ratings I can’t edit this post? Rough

• Winner Winner x 1
    mt98
  20. Primetimme

Primetimme - Nick.

Discord:
    primetimme#0
    Ratings:
    +3,684 / 41 / -169
    I’m a big fan of @enb016 , he has been working hard to improve his game. He has made great strides over the past few days, and I look forward to him captaining our third line and getting some much needed wins for these blues.

And all the testosterone he can provide.

• Like Like x 4
    • Get Good Get Good x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    In World of CHEL
    Primetimme1