S20 Power Rankings Week 2 East & West

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming Basketball Association (Discontinued)' started by Im Tom, Jun 8, 2019.

1. Im Tom

Im Tom Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +166 / 4 / -9
    Week 2 of season 20 is in the books and the league is panning out a little differently than first expected.

I'm going to do a basic Stock Up :D, Stock Down :mad:, No movement :shock: format and a little bit of commentary for every team while avoiding being too bias. (can we get some arrows please)

#1 :team105: Toronto Raptors :D- They followed up their 6-0 start with a strong 5-1 week, their one loss coming in a close loss to an emerging Miami line. This team has no lack of fire power with 108 more points that the #2 scoring offence in the league, that being said they had a relatively easy week which is why their stock is staying even. @NetsOnFire & @BiG Cruz25 have really shown up this week and with 2 strong lines they look like a real contender if they can keep it up, that being said they have a tough week coming up so cementing themselves as the top team in the league will ride on their next 6 games.

#2 :team92: Miami Heat :D- A fantastic week headlined by wins over Toronto, New York, Phoenix and Utah put them at 5-1 on the week with their only loss coming against Dallas in a close loss. They had one of the toughest weeks out of any team and put themselves on the board as a team to beat going forward. @Sam F N STACKS & @RiCo505 are the two heavy hitters on this team but the story going forward will be the strength of their second line being run by @dolphin025, and how many games they can win them in a week.

#3 :team97: New York Knicks :shock:- This is a team with two very good lines, and I was so ready to give them the Stock Up and possibly the #2 spot, until Friday night. They ended up matching their record last week with a 4-2 finish with both losses coming from their 1st line (one being a ff). the key to this teams success going forward will continue to be their 1st line, but an emerging narrative is top teams with very good 2nd lines, @I Murked I & @Tb ToXiC were really impressive in some big wins this week and if they can keep it up will be scary come playoff time.

#4:team100: Phoenix Suns:D- I hate to call out luck in general, but this team had a big issue at the point guard position during the first week of the season, and it was solved in the form of @IcyOnFire, a point guard that has set the league on fire (puns) and turned around this team in an instant. They had an impressive 4-2 week with their losses coming to teams above them in the rankings and they will really look to contend if they can get some of their depth players going, they've been a one line team up until this point lead by @CPT84 who has still yet to drop a game this season. They could be scary going forward if guys like @Torseti and @HANGLOW000 can start scoring consistantly

#5:team84: Denver Nuggets:shock:- Denver is a team that could very easily move up from this spot, they have a lot of very talented players like @D Andoo99 & @EveryThingNike1 with very good depth around them. although they finished this week 3-3 they have a chance at pulling back positive with a strong week against some good teams, this team will be good all season but the real question right now with all of the new talent joining the league is how good.

#6:team106: Utah Jazz:D- 4-2 The Jazz are a very interesting team, and after starting 2-4 last week they did a great job of turning it around this week finishing 4-2, that being said their success will depend on their 2nd line @xRICKOSHAY has done exactly what they've needed him to this season along side @King NadeoX & @KqMq but their second line has struggled heavily after a great first game from @USF KENAN . After a strong week where their only two losses came against good teams and next week looking as winnable as the last they could continue to rise.

#7:team99: Philadelphia 76ers:shock:- After a first week where they really looked like an impressive team they followed up with a 3-3 2nd week so I cant fault them too much, they fall behind the Jazz because of the fact that the Jazz beat them coupled with a bad loss to the Spurs 2nd line? 1st line? idk. They have one of the most difficult schedules coming up next week so it'll be interesting to see how they do. Their success lies heavily on @pr0fit3 & @im just a squid as their two best players, also a shoutout to @Milonee88 who is an impressive 4-1 (only loss to the knicks) on the season and has been very consistent so far.

#8:team103: San Antonio Spurs:mad:- This was a team looking to bounce back after a 3-3 start last week but instead loss to a Celtics team that hadn't managed a W yet, and with their first line out too. They managed to finish the week 2-4, @Two Lag Shots and @Hoffpacuhlypse are looking like the only two players they have that are able to score consistently and that's been their issue. Also a ff loss is never a good look, that's just a knock against their management, they really need @WoE PaniX to find any sort of game as their GM.

#9 :team107: Washington Wizards:D- This team pulled themselves out of the basement this week win a strong 4-2 week with their two losses coming against some of the toughest lines in the league. And although their win against the Kicks was a ff I'll still count it as a positive management wise. @OG GrandPoppa had a solid week & @Witman x 19 showed flashes of his ability but this team is really missing an elite player to carry them going forward, it'll be interesting to see who steps up.

#10 :team83: Dallas Mavericks:mad:- This one was a close one, I give them the edge slightly over LA because of their impressive win over Miami but this team is in a free fall finishing the week 1-5, they have one strong line but lack the depth to win consistently. @TheRealProcess @Raynor & @HitEmUpPat are performing well but beyond that they haven't managed to get much out of anyone. I know @CubsCrusher14 is privy to making trades so it'll be interesting to see what he does in the coming weeks.

#11 :team89: LA Clippers :mad:- After finishing last week 3-3 they looked like they just needed to get back on track but instead this team fell off the rails finishing the week 0-6, the one thing I will say is that they did have a pretty difficult week but nevertheless. The former MVP @Beta Dreams has been non-existent this week, and even if hes being matched up against first lines if you're going to be a top player in the league you need to be able to perform in any game. The talking point is that @mferra32 didn't play this week, he's lead them in 2 wins this season and they're missing him for sure.

#12 :team80: Boston Celtics :mad:- Although they won their first game this week finishing 1-5 thanks to a great performance from @ReflexRivera & @PensCanuks but this is a team in shambles. The @TheBlackTH0R trade paid off slightly as they got a good 15 7 guy but the lack of depth on this team will continue to keep them in the basement. I'm hoping that some guys can step up for them, maybe a sleeper TC could help them turn their season around?

Oh but wait there's more

I'm also going to be having my own MVP, DPOY, GMOY & 6th Man every week while trying to avoid bias as much as possible (although it really wont show this week).

MVP- @NetsOnFire 7-0 (I know this is going to go to your head but you deserve it so far although Cruz is a close 2nd)
    PPG: 24.1 REB: 2.6 APG: 3.4 STL: 2.9 BLB: 0.7

DPOY- @Coach Denham 7-0 (Ditto)
    PPG: 5.0 REB: 13.3 APG: 5.6 STL: 0.6 BLB: 1.9

GMOY- @BigJayAyotte

6th Man- @I Murked I (4-0)
    PPG: 16.8 REB: 2.8 APG: 8.0 STL: 1.3 BLB:0.0

Last edited: Jun 8, 2019
    • Like Like x 8
    • Winner Winner x 2
    No Streaming Account
  2. Im Tom

Im Tom Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +166 / 4 / -9
    Let me know what I got wrong, this took me a lot longer than I thought it would but it was fun so I'm probly gonna keep doing it.

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  3. Coach Denham

Coach Denham Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,242 / 70 / -91
    Draymond Green here.

• Informative Informative x 1
    KingDenham
  4. RoitmanTV

RoitmanTV Well-Known Member

Discord:
    roitmantv#0
    Ratings:
    +50 / 5 / -5
    Great read, good stuff Tom

• Like Like x 1
    RoitmanTV
  5. Whalefan26

Whalefan26 Expert Popcorn Eater

Discord:
    CKxWhalefan26#2821
    Ratings:
    +588 / 32 / -37
    Really solid job on the write-up, keep up the good work!

I also like the system you had with the emotes.

• Like Like x 1
    CKxWhalefan26
  6. Vxnom ll

Vxnom ll Well-Known Member

Discord:
    VenomOnFire#7911
    Ratings:
    +42 / 1 / -5
    Good write up my guy! Liked the system and it was a really good job!

VenomOnFire
  7. M4CK EH

M4CK EH PIZZA MACHINE

Discord:
    m4ck_eh#0
    Ratings:
    +658 / 83 / -96
    Great job Tom! If you can keep it coming