S11 Atlantic Division Preview

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming Hockey League (LGHL PSN)' started by I-MT98-I, Jun 9, 2019.

1. I MT98 I

I MT98 I Well-Known Member

Discord:
    MT98#9855
    Ratings:
    +1,293 / 21 / -57
    @MrPurpleCrush and I return with the second division of our previews, the Atlantic. It’s easy to say that this is the most competitive division in the league on paper, as it wouldn’t be surprising to see five teams reach 100+ points for the first time since the Central Division did it in Season 5. Here’s how we see the Atlantic playing out:

1) :team1: - Toronto Maple Leafs

New owner @xTarasenko91_ takes the reins of Toronto from @AAli x 21, and this team is going to score a lot of goals. Like, a lot.

Forwards - A+

Departures

@Zigg989

@AAli x 21

@MarcoGoes5H0LE

@EV0xGSR327

Additions

@ChobanLacot

@Sitful

@rickchel

@Holland-989

Lines

@ChobanLacot - @Diamond l 4 I - @xTarasenko91_

@rickchel - @Sitful - @MetroBoominq

@The5thLine - @Ksteiding1 - @Holland-989

When it comes to Toronto’s first line, it’s without a doubt the best west line in LG. They boast two of the only four players to record 16+ wins and 70+ points in both NHL seasons on 19 with @Diamond l 4 l and @xTarasenko91_, and not only that, but the two have combined for a ridiculous 96 wins throughout the past two regular seasons. This season, the loss of Ali has them bring in @ChobanLacot to fill in the third spot on the line. He’s coming off two seasons where he never fully got the chance to play on west, and with linemates like this you know he’s going to excel in the opportunity. Then Tarasenko said fuck it, and got @Sitful and @rickchel for a combined 19.5 million in bidding just to have them as “2nd liners” alongside the returning @MetroBoominq. Sitful is coming off a disappointing debut season on PSN where he only had 13 wins and 38 points, but you know low numbers like that won’t last any longer with him. Rick is making his return to PSN after 3 seasons away, the last time being a part of the S8 Sabres that came one game short of a Cup. Alongside these two you have Metro who has a friendly 750k contract for the Leafs. He’s coming off a breakout season in Toronto where he finished with 18 wins and a +32. I think what’s going to make these three work even better than people may expect is the fact that Metro has already adjusted to the role of being the playmaker, racking up 19 more assists than goals last season. On a line with proven scorers and puckhandlers like Sit and Rick, that’s an underrated element that’ll make this line that much better. Lastly, Toronto has a third line of Oweeeeeeeeeeeeeen, @Ksteiding1 and @Holland-989. 5thLine and Steiding are returning players from the Leafs’ 3rd line last season, and the two put up 15 and 14 wins respectively. Joining them is Holland, who is making his NHL debut after enjoying an 18-7-1 with 51 points season with the Baby Pens last season. This line did a great job of stealing wins when they needed to last season for Toronto and I see no reason to think they can’t do it again. Overall, this is arguably the best forward group in the league to start the season. It’ll be interesting to see if other top offences in the league try to make another trade somewhere down the line in order to try and match it. A+, easily.

Defencemen - B+

Departures

@DodgesBlueShells

@Franchise Matty

@Cshirk85

@FndigBigfootBobo

@Gladulov

Additions

@blurrskie

@LeBlanc21

@Bazlund

@DrWally

@eXecuti0n80

Pairings

@BA_Sports_Fan - @blurrskie

@LeBlanc21 - @Bazlund

@DrWally - @eXecuti0n80

The Toronto defence will be led by the GM @Bazlund, and @BA_Sports_Fan. While these 2 are definitely solid top end dmen to lead a defence, I am interested to see how BA's availability will affect the dpairs each week. This team really cannot afford to have BA and Brayden playing together as the depth behind them is not the best. @blurrskie, who was Brayden's dpartner in season 8 was picked up at 500k and will likely be the one constant on the back end for the west line. BA is listed as Blurskie's partner but with his availability, I am sure Brayden will get some games in with him on the west line. This means one of BA or Brayden will be playing some games on east but both are very capable of doing so effectively. @LeBlanc21 looks to be the go to guy as the support dman on the 2nd line and while he may not be the best option for that position, having BA or Brayden by his side with the top end forwards they have up front, it should not be that much of an issue. @DrWally and @eXecuti0n80 are the 3rd pair and this just looks like a suicide pair. Together on the Marlies last season they had 3 wins in 12 games. I highly doubt that is going to translate well in the NHL.

Goalies - C+

Departures

@drally20

@x-_price-31_-x

Additions

@Desy_93

@OGTreh

In net Toronto is going with @Desy_93 and @OGTreh. Neither is an outstanding goalie or a number 1 goalie but with the team in front of them this tandem should do fine. Desy is coming off a solid season on a strong New Jersey team so I would expect the same results on Toronto this season.

X-Factor: The Leafs X-Factor is @BA_Sports_Fan, and it simply comes down to the avail issue. When BA does play, he’s a top-3 west D-man in the league, but I don’t think he’s ever been available for more than 4 games of a week in his LG career.

Conclusion: Plain and simple, this team lost a few really good players and added some even better ones. Without a doubt this team should be in the playoffs again and competing for the cup. Anything less than that would be disappointing for this team.

2) :team18: - Buffalo Sabres

Owner @JClaus33 lengthens his playoff streak to 6 seasons, and this time he’ll do it with his new GM @P t P 10 and a re-tooled Sabres team.

Forwards - A-

Departures

@CantTreadOnMe_

@HyperDeezNuts

@Troak 25

@Rivnasty

Additions

@Xx96_BiDoU_96xX

@Kingboivin31

@AAli x 21

@nitrxM

@bEaRcAt_GaMiNg

Lines

@Xx96_BiDoU_96xX - @JClaus33 - @Kingboivin31

@Ducksfanwaterloo - @AAli x 21 - @nitrxM

@Mjvoell44 - @bstieboydp - @bEaRcAt_GaMiNg

Up front, the Sabres are led by Claus along with wingers @Xx96_BiDoU_96xX and @Kingboivin31. Right away, I’m not 100% sure what he’s thinking here. I know his stats and accomplishments speak for him, but as good as they all are, this seems like the biggest backpack job he’ll have to do in his entire career. Bidou, to his credit, has a 56-point season with a 13-12-2 record in LA last season, along with a roller coaster in point production following. He also received the biggest contract he’s had since Season 4 in four million, and Boivin comes back to the NHL for (potentially) his first full season since Season 8, after winning a Calder Cup with the Rampage in S9 and finishing S10 with the Stockton Heat. While Claus has been one of the most reliable top performers in LG, I see way more reliability in Buffalo’s 2nd line, consisting of @Ducksfanwaterloo/@AAli x 21/@nitrxM. Starting in the middle, I think Ali goes a little underrated in LG just in terms of how that Toronto west line was perceived by many. I know that Diamond and Tarasenko are fantastic producers and that obviously shouldn’t be overlooked, but Ali was always a rock in the middle for them and he slides into that role perfectly with these two new wingers on his sides. Ducks is coming off a season where it may not have been better statistically than what he did in S7, saw him come back to that dominant form in the win column, racking up 21 in a season split with the Blues and Sabres. On right wing is Marty, who’s probably had the most hype for a forward that has never played forward in LG. I think everyone knows the Frick Park native is going to do well, and the combination of both talent and west connection for this line will make them a problem against virtually anyone in the league this season. Rounding out the depth chart is @Mjvoell44/@bstieboydp/@bEaRcAt_GaMiNg, another solid 3rd line in the division. Mj is someone that I was impressed with after watching him a few times last season. Even though his rookie season only produced 35 points, he was able to grind out 16 wins and I think he’ll eventually be placed in an increased role on a team, whether it be this season or the next. Bstie returns to play alongside Mj after putting together a respectable 13-10-2 regular season, then exploded for a 4-1 playoff run. Bearcat finishes off the line after bouncing around the Red Wings’ organization last season before joining the Griffins for the playoffs. I question the choices that are on Claus’ wings, but I can’t deny that this group has some depth to it, earning an A- grade.

Defencemen - A

Departures

@Lajikel

@RockyRaccoon402

@Bry2230

@tommyboii

Additions

@P t P 10

@HyPe_DoMiNaToR

@ll GOHST ll

@Theos-_-

Pairings

@Theos-_- - @zdball

@P t P 10 - @WaterwingWarrior

@HyPe_DoMiNaToR - @ll GOHST ll

On paper this team has one of the better top 2 lines of defence in the league. Leading the way is @P t P 10 who took GM for Buffalo after a few disappointing playoff runs while owner of Washington. In his backpack he will have @WaterwingWarrior as his partner. While Kris has established himself nicely as a D-man since switching from goalie, I fully expect that he will know his role in this situation as PTP's partner, on the Sabres newly put together west line this season. Playing on the first line this season with JClaus will be @Theos-_- and @zdball. While I have only played against Theos on defence once, I think the offensive ability that he will likely provide from the back end will be huge. Last season I feel like Buffalo didn’t really have any guys on the back end that you were always confident in when breaking out the puck, or providing offence from the back end. With Theos playing with Dan who has consistently been a very smart two way dman, it should give Theos the ability to make plays with the puck. On the 3rd pair will be @HyPe_DoMiNaToR and @ll GOHST ll. Hype played 3 CHL seasons with his last being in season 8 and now he is back and in the NHL. It will be interesting to see if his success in the CHL will translate to the NHL. Gohst is coming off a 22 win season in the AHL and he looks to be the 2nd S4 Soo Greyhounds alumni to play a full season in the NHL. @Chuck--31

Goalies - B+

Departures

@ciulla19

@ryno1354

Additions

@balake96

@bNYCe83

In net for Buffalo will be @bNYCe83 and @balake96. Both have shown in the past that they are capable of playing more than 3 per week, so it wouldn’t be surprising to see them split 4 and 5 games or for whoever is playing better, to get 6 per week.

X-Factor: I wanted to save my opinion on @Kingboivin31 for the X-Factor section because he’s the reason I have hesitation in that top line. There is no doubt that Boivin can and has produced, the evidence being 15-6-2 with 75 points in S9 along with a 9-0 playoff run for the Rampage, and the 46 points in 18 games he created in Stockton last season. It’s just how he does it that I see major red flags in. His game is incredibly individualistic, which in the right situation can be an advantage, no doubt. The thing is that he’s playing with someone in Claus who wants the puck and expects to create, or at least start the offence when the puck is on his stick. Then, if Boivin does scale back the individualism and becomes more of a support winger, are the numbers he put up in Vancouver (6-13-5 with 44 points in S8) more reflective of how he’ll be at this level? The saving grace for him is that he has one of the best centres in the league to work with him, and I hope he listens in order to excel in the role he needs to play.

Conclusion: Any team that JClaus is on is going to be a playoff team and a cup contender. While I do not expect that to change, I will say that despite this team looking great on paper, if there is a season that JClaus does not end up making the Eastern Conference finals, this could be the season with how tough the Atlantic will be.

3) :team2: - Boston Bruins

The dual console owner @CaLL Me Jakoo comes to PSN and creates a Bruins roster completely from scratch, starting with the acquisition of @jared2112 as his GM.

Forwards - A-

Departures

@DomSquad100

@FrenchMoron

@soul2cold77

@deerhunter2911

@Iplay_for_keeps

@AJ_Rockers

@CRAZYROGO-1-7

@j_marz25

@MaTh_HaBs

Additions

@GONGSH0W

@Magneto98x

@SiDD_05

@CaLL Me Jakoo

@jared2112

@Flapjack8796

@No Regretzkys

@Berrakov

@mooresy 27

Lines

@GONGSH0W - @CaLL Me Jakoo - @No Regretzkys

@Magneto98x - @jared2112 - @mooresy 27

@SiDD_05 - @Flapjack8796 - @Berrakov

The Bruins, unsurprisingly, bring out a first line that is all Xbox. On the left is @GONGSH0W, a natural D-man that came over to PSN last season, and now plays for Jakoo teams on both consoles. Gongshow went 20-4-3 as a LD on the powerhouse Xbox Ducks, while on PSN went 10-6-4 with 31 points for Rad’s Sharks, where he split time as both a left wing and centre. Centring the line is @CaLL Me Jakoo, who is coming off his debut season on PSN where he went 16-7-3 with 59 points after being given a huge 13 million contract. His Xbox stats speak better for the player he is, as he put up an insane 24-2-2 with 74 points season with the Ducks last season. It’s also worth noting that he centred BBB to an ESHL championship over Entourage last season. Finally on right wing is @No Regretzkys, someone who had limited time on PSN in S10, but has a 15 and 16-win seasons to his credit on Xbox in the past few seasons. Boston then has the brother duo of @Magneto98x and @jared2112 on the second line. 98 (great number) returns to PSN after taking S10 off, with his last season being just 11 wins with 45 points in S9 after bouncing around throughout. Jared, although he ECU’d for Arizona last season, makes his return as well, as his S9 was an 11-win, 55-point season. Obviously, this is another case where you don’t just go by those stats, you look at the Xbox stats (19-7-2 with 49 points for 98/18-9-1 with 61 points for Jared), you know the reputation, you know they’re good. The right wing of this line is their new addition @mooresy 27. I heard that he wasn’t going to be showing up to games in Pittsburgh anyways but this is a really nice support piece on a line that will see Jared and 98 control almost all of the offensive tempo. Centring the third line is @Flapjack8796 who’s been around for forever. While his numbers have regressed the last two seasons with 14 and 11-win seasons, he’s always been a steady two-way centre in any game. On the wings is @SiDD_05, who hasn’t had a winning season since S6, and @Berrakov who is making his forward NHL debut. I honestly don’t know what to expect in terms of scoring from this line, but I could see Flap influencing a heavy defensive play style in order to steal some games. Overall it’s a forward group that I really can’t give a full out personal opinion on, but it’s a group that I know is going to be good one way or another. A-.

Defencemen - B-

Departures

@louiedeuce8

@M1keal

@Perdikiotes

@daveydonuts522

@Shaynestaa

@xGianTx

Additions

@Dekelicious

@GingerBVitis

@jmligt

@Desyd19

@Really Good Dad

@zl-V1RUS-lz

Pairings

@jmligt - @Desyd19

@Dekelicious - @Really Good Dad

@GingerBVitis - @zl-V1RUS-lz

Boston spent a majority of their cap on forwards and while their D core is not the best it should be reliable. The top pair will be @jmligt, and @Desyd19 who they acquired prior to bidding. Desyd is coming off a good individual season on a good team but wasn’t relied upon as the go to guy. Jmligt meanwhile was Ottawa’s go-to left defenceman last season, grinding out 15 wins. It will be interesting to see how they do as a tandem being the top pair and leading defence for the Bruins. Up next is an xbox pair of @Dekelicious and @Really Good Dad. Don’t know anything about either of them, but based on xbox stats this looks like a standard, solid dman with a decent support dman type of pair. The third pair will be @GingerBVitis and @zl-V1RUS-lz. Both are coming off good seasons with Montreal but Virus was playing forward. When he switched from goalie to forward I was not someone who believed he would do well, yet he put up 65 points last season and 51 the season before. Now that he is switching to defence I once again do not believe that he will do well but it does not matter what I think if he goes out and has a good season as a 750k 3rd pair guy.

Goalies - C+

Departures

@S_3TH-98

@TrashClown22

Additions

@sparkplug87 nic

@VVqde

In net Boston has @sparkplug87 nic and @VVqde. Nic has had some prior success on PSN and while Vvqde is making his PSN debut, he has tons of experience in the NHL on xbox. I could see either guy being the starter for this team or both could just split 4 and 5 games per week.

X-Factor: As the top LD on the depth chart, @jmligt is the Bruins X-Factor to me. It was Lajikel up until the trade so jmligt gets the same reasons as to being in this spot. He’s the top D-man on the left side and with that side of the depth chart looking a little suspect, he needs to be the guy that steps up and improves on his 15-win S10.

Conclusion: This Boston team looks solid and should be playoff bound, but if there is one thing i’d worry about it is availability due to LG on xbox or ESHL. If they can manage that throughout the season I think this team will do fine, but if this is a team that needs to use alot of ECU’s because of bad availability, things could go bad.

4) :team10: - Detroit Red Wings

A roster swap that sees @PieR Talent take over Vancouver’s assets and come over to the Atlantic sees the Red Wings as the first team to suffer from the competition in the division.

Forwards - B+

Departures

@BakTheGreat-

@SHAW BROZ

@Sublime3

@GhostMK

@l Ringy l97l

@McInnis_91

@coorsi88

@hypey-

Additions

@Big Tony 16

@Jawoba_9

@Racing-rangu17

@Xx LoL xX 9

@GonzoArmstrong

@Shockz

@PieR Talent

@Cbertin10

Lines

@Big Tony 16 - @Shockz - @Majorjetsfan

@Racing-rangu17 - @Xx LoL xX 9 - @PieR Talent

@Jawoba_9 - @GonzoArmstrong - @Cbertin10

The first line of the Wangs features the Xbox duo of @Big Tony 16 and @Shockz. Big Tony’s making his PSN NHL debut after several successful seasons on Xbox, where he has played a mix of left wing and goalie. Shockz meanwhile makes his return to PSN, with his last (and only) season being in S5 with the Ducks. He’s put up impressive 19 and 16-win seasons in NHL19, along with 75 and 66 points. The duo is joined by @Majorjetsfan, who returns from the Vancouver S10 roster after having a 14-win, 43-point season. I think Shockz is going to do most of the work for this line, but knowing that he has a solid winger in Big Tony and a good support guy in Jetsfan will get this line wins. Their second line honestly looks as good as their first, with it being @Racing-rangu17/@Xx LoL xX 9/@PieR Talent. Rangu was acquired in the trade this off-season after recording a 23-win, 75-point season with the Stanley Cup finalist Flames. LoL is brought in as GM after having 77 points and 18 wins with those same Flames, which makes perfect sense as he and Pier were a duo in Calgary, along with having some games with Rangu. Pier had a wicked playoff run last season going 6-2 with 26 points, and I while I think this top-six has a slightly less “pick your poison” feel to it, it’s still not going to be easy to decide come playoff time which is the better matchup. Rounding things out is @Jawoba_9/@GonzoArmstrong/@Cbertin10. Jawoba and Gonzo are two other S10 Flames. This is Jawoba’s sophomore season, along with Gonzo’s sophomore season as a forward, but I think the addition of Cbertin, who was linemates with Jawoba on the S9 Memorial Cup-winning Brandon Wheat Kings, is going to make this a solid 3rd line that can get anywhere from 14-16 wins this season. I don’t think this is exactly the sexiest forward group in the league, and I can see people sleeping on it a little (maybe I am a little too with the B+ grade), but it’s a solid forward group with a bottom-six filled with players with previous chemistry, along with big money additions on the first line (17.25 combined for Big Tony and Shockz).

Defencemen - C+

Departures

@l Freddy ll

@Stamkos91

@mamm7216

@MikeeTeeze

Additions

@Jwilly_24

@zTaylorHall4z

@LEGAL x 76

@SimPLySkiiLLeD

Pairings

@Jwilly_24 - @LEGAL x 76

@glex - @SimPLySkiiLLeD

@zTaylorHall4z - @Vikes

Like Boston, Detroit spent a ton of cap on forwards but I do not trust this D core as much. Leading the way on the back end will be @LEGAL x 76 who they got in bidding at 4.25 mil. He's been a solid dman for a while putting up good numbers in recent seasons. His partner will be @Jwilly_24 who is coming off of 2 very good seasons in the AHL and will be thrown onto the 1st pair with Detroit. I don't know anything about him but he's gonna have a lot to prove or else Legal is going to have to step up his all around game to insure this pair has success. The 2nd pair consists of @glex and @SimPLySkiiLLeD. Glex is coming off a season where his point total dipped from 24 to 13 but had 15 wins compared to his 11 from season 9. If he can be sound defensively and get around 15 wins again while on the 2nd pair, this team should be in a good position by the end of the season. Glex's partner will be Bmac who is making the switch to defence for the first time. I know he's been playing a lot of defence in club recently but he has a tendency to quit out of games in which things are not going well. For a guy that has not played a full season since season 6, I am curious to see how things will go if things start going south for him and the team. On the 3rd pair will be @zTaylorHall4z who is coming off a 10 win season and @Vikes who is coming off a 14 win season. One just slightly below .500 and the other just above. If they can manage to be around that .500 mark as a 3rd pair, this team should be playoff bound.

Goalies - A

Departures

@l0lCorbzzl3l

Additions

@bmasker15

Returning

@DrNasty415

In net Detroit has @DrNasty415 who is on the last of his 2 season deal. He will most definitely get 6 per week most of the time and has proven he is one of the better goalies in the league. @bmasker15 will be the backup who has 1 average season at goalie on xbox in the NHL to show for.

X-Factor: @DrNasty415 is my X-Factor because he’s the best goalie in the division, and there’s no debate to make about it. He’s won at every level in the league, he’s made some mediocre to bad Canucks teams look decent to good at times, and he gives you a chance to win any game he’s in the crease for. If this defence actually performs like a C+, it’s up to him to strengthen like he’s done for a few seasons now. Considering this is the best team he’s had in front of him since S8 Colorado however (at least offensively), it’s his time to show through pure stats just how good he is.

Conclusion: This is a team that I can see squeaking into the top 3 or falling down to 6th. The offence looks great but will the defence be able to hold up? I think it will just be good enough to get them into the playoffs but I think it could go either way for this team.

5) :team21: - Tampa Bay Lightning

In order to avoid injecting more bias than needed in this (and honestly to just avoid me rambling on for pages about my own team), @MrPurpleCrush is going to cover all sections of the Bolts as he places us 5th in the division… I hate the Atlantic.

Forwards - B+

Departures

@Schwartz_x9

@joshb12345

@SEJerome26

@CapitalDefense21

@cLaPPxD

@NoRegrets27__

Additions

@Hughes43x

@TakeNotes97

@OFs

@timebot12

@Gunitdex

@StoneR-3point0 (DP)

Lines

@StoneR-3point0 - @GoalieGodz - @I-MT98-I

@TakeNotes97 - @OFs - @Sup_Sop

@Hughes43x - @timebot12 - @Gunitdex

The Tampa offence will be led by the returning @GoalieGodz and @I-MT98-I on the 1st line. Both are coming off 16 win seasons playing together and will have to match or improve upon that if they want to make the playoffs in an extremely competitive Atlantic division. On their LW will be @StoneR-3point0 who they drafted 43rd overall in the draft. While he only went 9-6 in the CHL, he did post 41 points so if the offensive ability is there and translates to the NHL, this could be a nice fit with 2 other very offensively talented players in Godz and MT. The 2nd line will be led by the 9 mil man making his PSN debut, @OFs. Over on xbox he is on a very nice contract and has put up 16+ wins with 54+ points in his last 3 seasons. That will have to continue over on PSN if this Tampa team is going to have success. On the wings will be @TakeNotes97 and @Sup_Sop. TakeNotes is coming off a career high 18 win/49 point season and SupSop had a respectable 14 win/40 point season. Both are capable of being very good support wingers and if they can mesh well with OF's and string together some wins, this team should do better than expected. The 3rd line for this team consists of pretty much career AHL players in @Hughes43x/@timebot12/@Gunitdex, but all 3 are west and will be looking to steal some games with that advantage. Dex is the only one out of the 3 who has not had much success in any league he's been in and has yet to play an entire season in any league. Prodigy and Timebot at least have had some successful AHL seasons despite both coming off of very sub par performances last season.

Defencemen - B+

Departures

@l0wkey93-

@Maxuter

@RJ_MacReady_27

Additions

@chelios_2_4_

@LaFleuR11

@Jaded67_ (DP)

Pairings

@Looped61 - @DanteLucc

@Domix28- - @LaFleuR11

@chelios_2_4_ - @Jaded67_

@Domix28- and @LaFleuR11 will be the top 2 dmen leading this team but unlike what most teams would likely do, these 2 will be playing together. With MT doing basically everything management-wise, there will be no BigMummy type D partners in the mix this time around. This pair will be playing with OFs line and should provide great defensive support but also be able to chip in offensively making the 2nd line a very tough opponent for teams. Playing with the 1st line will be @Looped61 and @DanteLucc. While this definitely isn’t a top caliber dpair, it is one that played well behind Godz and MT last season and will be looked upon to do so again. If it does not pan out I have to think Domi and Lafleur would be split up to even up the pairs talent wise. Rounding out the defence and playing on the west line will be @chelios_2_4_ and @Jaded67_. Although he only had 9 wins last season, Chelios racked up 14 and 15 wins in seasons 8 and 9 so getting him at 1 mil is a pretty good price for Tampa if he can help provide those kind of win totals on the 3rd line. Jaded is the 16th overall pick in the draft and is coming off a 16 win season in the CHL. I don't know much about him but I do know MT was set on trading down to get him as soon as Tampa lost the draft lottery so it wouldn’t surprise me if he does well.

Goalies - B

Departures

@Capitalsfan_08

@Fishydangles

Additions

@iCb4uC

@Maxwell LXIX

In net, @iCb4uC was picked up to be the starter and will need to repeat or improve upon his 26 win season with Pittsburgh. The backup @Maxwell LXIX is making his PSN debut this season. I have heard mixed reviews about him but for the most part he will be playing with the west line so it shouldn’t be a bad 500k pickup.

X-Factor: I think there are a few guys that could warrant the “Xfactor” on this team but I am going to go with @Sup_Sop. Coming off a 40 point season, if he can avoid a sophomore slump and play well with @OFs, it will give this Lightning team 2 dangerous forward lines. If his play is average this season and his line struggles to score because of that, it could put this team in a lot of trouble when it comes to keeping up with the other top teams in the division.

Conclusion: Put this team in any other division and I really like their chances of being in the playoffs, but they got the short end of the stick and guys are going to have to step up to the plate, swinging for the fences. The top players will need to be top players, and the support/depth guys will need to exceed expectations if this team wants a shot at making the playoffs.

6) :team5: - Montreal Canadiens

Another team that suffers from the division, the Canadiens taken over by new owner @PrometheusXVII, and are led by GM @Goostaav and first overall pick @ImLxziee-.

Forwards - B+

Departures

@rV_CLuTcHz

@lxl-Toffoli-lxl

@ll_Seb

@SuDzy92

@zl-V1RUS-lz

@Jason_23

@TMills71

Additions

@Mcinnis666

@Goostaav

@Miikeyx09

@F0G 19

@Krazy-try

@xShauN88

@qNebulous (DP)

@ImLxziee- (DP)

Lines

@D-i-l-d-o--Bike - @ImLxziee- - @F0G 19

@qNebulous - @Goostaav - @xShauN88

@Mcinnis666 - @Miikeyx09 - @Krazy-try

First overall pick @ImLxziee- goes straight onto the first line, to no one’s surprise. @F0G 19 is on his right side, as he experienced his first bidding and ends up with an 11 million price tag. Fog bounced back from a disappointing S9 in Nashville with a 23-2-3 with 94 points season with the Kings last season. On Lazie’s left side there’s the returning @D-i-l-d-o--Bike, who ended up being one of Montreal’s offensive leaders last season after posting 19 wins and 62 points. I see this line being an extremely effective line on the cycle and wouldn’t be surprised if they are up there in TOA, as they have three guys here that really like utilizing that possessive style of play. The second line consists of @qNebulous/@Goostaav/@xShauN88. Nebulous is the other draft pick selected by Montreal to make the NHL straight away. The 10th overall pick after a 15-7-1 season in Val d’Or where he also posted 48 points, he’ll play left wing alongside two veterans. Goos is one of PSN’s most consistent playmakers and should have no problem giving the rookie enough touches to feel out his way through the league. To his credit, Goostav is coming off an excellent season in Los Angeles also, where he went 21-5-2 with 46 assists. Finishing the line is Shaun, who was acquired through trade in the off-season. With this duo he’ll look to find the form that nabbed him a 21-win season in S9 Edmonton. Finally, the Habs have the tur- third line of @Mcinnis666/@Miikeyx09/@Krazy-try. Mcinnis actually had a decent S10 even though he was with the Flyers, picking up 12 wins in 22 games. He steps onto a line with two guys that literally shoot from anywhere, and it works. Mikey enters Montreal after an off-season trade, with 17 and 18-win seasons with the Rangers under his belt. Krazy comes to la belle province in a separate trade from New York, and has 17 and 23-win seasons with the Blueshirts. These two love their Corsi and will make up two-thirds of a line that will frustrating as hell to play against. This is a group that has a lot of depth and while I think they lack having two duos that you know will dominate in their top-six, it reminds me a lot of my own forward group, earning the Habs a B+ grade in this area.

Defencemen - B

Departures

@BOMBSQUAD-ryan

@BrandonUtd

@MoneyMarsh412

@RABID WOLV3RIN3

@Turmoilz

Additions

@Heqld

@SilkyHands72

@ViveLeQuebec_81

@MileHighHays

@SuDzy92

Pairings

@Heqld - @SuDzy92

@ViveLeQuebec_81 - @PrometheusXVII

@SilkyHands72 - @MileHighHays

Leading the way for Montreal on the back end will be 2 natural forwards in @Heqld and @SuDzy92. Both are solid forwards and while I know Larkin has played some defence in the past, I don’t know how much Sudzy has played. I think both will have some success but I worry about how they'll be able to defend against some of the better lines in the league and especially the ones in their own division. Manning the second pair will be @ViveLeQuebec_81 and @PrometheusXVII. Prometheus has shown a lot of improvement over his first 2 seasons in the NHL, and now that he is owner he is going to have to take another step if this team is going to be successful. Vive only played a few games in season 10 but had a decent season 9 and a very good season 8. The one big thing that stands out to me is the -13 and +20 TA/GA ratio in both of those seasons. While stat wise that may look great, that tells me that Vive is absolutely not going to be the one breaking out the puck. This is why I think Prometheus needs to take his game to another level or else this pair could struggle. The 3rd pair has @SilkyHands72 and @MileHighHays. Silky had one good stint with the Rangers in season 9 and Hays had a subpar season 10 with the Flyers. Overall this team just lacks experience playing defence at the NHL level. Only Vive and Prometheus have 2 seasons under their belt on defence in the NHL. The other 4 have one or none at all. It's definitely not the worst looking defence, but they'll have a lot to prove in a tough Atlantic division.

Goalies - C+

Departures

@KeEn_CJ

Additions

@Revenix1

Returning

@goalieman92

In net Montreal resigned @goalieman92 and picked up @Revenix1. Goalieman had a very good season 10 with Montreal and will likely get a majority of the games this season. Revenix is a guy who played 2 games of goalie as an ECU for the Islanders in the playoffs helping them pick up a huge win in game 6 against Buffalo. Other than that the guy literally has one decent CHL season. It's not hard to replace a backup goalie but this is a bit of a gamble in my opinion.

X-Factor: I think it’s fair to have a few questions about this D group and @SuDzy92 is probably in the middle of it. I know Prom shows some obvious trust in him when giving a 3-season contract, but I have to use the Perk argument here: he’s never played on defence in LG and I’ve never seen him play it in club either. I’d also argue that he’s more offensive than defensive as a centre and while there are benefits to having puck-moving defencemen, it doesn’t always translate well when an offensive forward moves into that role. For Montreal to really make a push in this division, they need Sudzy to be a true 5.25 million D-man that can at the very least match the output of the Habs’ first pairing.

Conclusion: Kind of like Tampa Bay, I think this team has a shot at the playoffs but the division is just too strong. I think the offence is good enough on all 3 lines but it’s the defence that has me worried. If they can play better than I think they will this team should at least be in the hunt by the end of the season.

7) :team23: - Florida Panthers

Owner @vShot94 enters into the Sunshine State after a roster swap gives him the Coyotes assets (or lack thereof). Shot along with GM @Curi0sity look to continue the legacy of Florida teams at the very least lurking in the playoff picture.

Forwards - B-

Departures

@xAmateur_Hour

@abbazabba24

@i9i-Stamkos-i1ic

@xChyz-

@Hriiz

@Gunitdex

@sanjose01

Additions

@Gwanzie

@jaZz134

@xDeAdLy_xDaNgLeS

@DosPesos__

@vShot94

@Iplay_for_keeps

@Eh CanadianHobo

@PapaSwayze

@Reddy

Projected Lines

@xDeAdLy_xDaNgLeS - @Iplay_for_keeps - @vShot94

@Gwanzie - @DosPesos__ - @Reddy

@jaZz134 - @Eh CanadianHobo - @PapaSwayze

Florida’s projected lines play out to have the first line of @xDeAdLy_xDaNgLeS/@Iplay_for_keeps/@vShot94. Dangles had a nice end to S9 after being called up to the Rangers for the last 3 weeks of the season, then had a rough time with the S10 Senators, going 9-16-2. He’ll look to bounce back with two veterans on his line. Keeps, while not in as bad of a situation as S10 Ottawa, still experienced some hard times in Boston as he had a 12-13-2 season after a successful S9 in Calgary. I think you could make the case that Keeps could be one of the most underrated forwards in the league as last season with the Bruins could truly turn into being an outlier in his career. Shot finishes up the line after being on the same Sens team as Dangles last season. However, he still came out with a 16-win season and showed his reliability. This line should have some great production for this Panthers team. We’d next project there to be @Gwanzie/@DosPesos__/@Reddy. Gwanzie enters his sophomore season after establishing himself in the league with a 14-6-7 season in S10 Florida. DosPesos, otherwise known as Frost, returns to the NHL after being away for S10, as he signs a 2-season deal at 6.5 million. He’ll look to produce a season like Season 8, where he went 16-10-2 with 71 points in Winnipeg. On right wing is Reddy who took the same time away from the NHL as Frost did. I don’t know much about him but his stats from S6 and before look good so I’d expect him to be fine in this trio. The group is finished by @jaZz134/@Eh CanadianHobo/@PapaSwayze. This line is highlighted by the 5.25 million Swayze, who’s making his debut on PSN after a 9-14 with 31 points season with Anaheim on Xbox. Hobo is set for his sophomore season as while after playing out S10 in Minnesota, recording an 8-16-3 record and 29 points. He did produce a solid playoff run in Rochester on Xbox however, going 5-1-2 with 15 points, so I think those Wild stats could be deceiving. Finally we have Jazz, who is set to play his first season as a left wing after being on defence since Season 6. I think the B- grade for this forwards group speaks more to the division than the group itself. While it isn’t a bad group by any means, it just doesn’t pack that same punch that you see in the line-ups of the previous six teams. I still see it being an offence that can produce at a decent clip.

Defencemen - C

Departures

@KingClutch x 77

@DCskins8

@HorrorSeen

@canuckftc12W

@rustytrombone7

Additions

@Curi0sity

@OhhCrosby87

@S4l636

@John_Sheldon

@Malkxn71

@Nino_Nemasis

Projected Pairings

@Curi0sity - @Malkxn71

@OhhCrosby87 - @John_Sheldon

@S4l636 - @Nino_Nemasis

Well this Florida defence just does not look good at all. Sad for me to see after spending 6 seasons on the team. It will be led by the veteran GM @Curi0sity and to be honest I don’t think this defence is much better than the one he had on Carolina last season. Behind him on the left side are @OhhCrosby87 and @S4l636. Both are easily 3rd pair guys. One of them will have to play in the top 4 and to make things worse, the right side doesn’t look any more promising. In bidding they picked up @John_Sheldon and @Malkxn71 who are both solid 3rd pair guys who can play 2nd pair in a supporting role if needed. The problem is, one will likely play with Tom and the other with OhhCrosby. The 2nd pair on this team no matter who it consists of will not be good enough to contend with other top lines. The 3rd pair will probably be S4 and @Nino_Nemasis. Nino was with Tom in Carolina so despite how bad the team was, he must have been decent enough to trade for him. Overall Tom is the only top dman on this team and the depth is nowhere near good enough to compete in this division. Even if guys exceed expectations a little bit, I don’t see this defence having a lot of success.

Goalies - C+

Departures

@Key_Tops

Additions

@TrashClown22

Returning

@zgbeastmode

In net the Panthers are going with 2 guys who should probably be backups in @TrashClown22 and @zgbeastmode. Both are heading into their 2nd seasons in the NHL and both coming off sub .500 records. This along with the very weak defence probably is not the greatest recipe for success.

X-Factor: This defence needs a second leader (or 1B depending on how you want to word it) and my X-Factor becomes @Malkxn71 to fill that spot. I think he’s someone where you look at his career and he’s basically be relied upon as a .500 player, which is welcome in almost every D core. The thing is on the Panthers, he’ll need to be more than that. If Florida is going to make a playoff push, it’s start with someone like him stepping up his play and reaching career-highs. His current career-highs notably include 14 wins and a -6, both recorded in Season 7 with the Rangers. This Panthers team is going to need that and more in order to be successful.

Conclusion: This team has no where near the star power or depth needed to make a push for the playoffs, especially in a division as stacked as this one. Even with a ton of cap invested into their offence, there is not one line that looks like it could carry the team and the weak defence does not help either. This team also has Shot, Gwanzie and OhhCrosby together. That discord must be fun…...

8) :team20: - These Goddamn Sens

I mean, what can you really say about them as an intro? Absolute wagon.

Forwards - D+

Departures

@Claeys

@Furdayzbuddy

@Heqld

@XxJusT4TheShoWxX

@HazeeHype

@LaPlante94

@Stav 98

@Wallywallabee

Additions

@LeCupidon

@Mudboy_Mo_Bamba

@Namodeo98

@l Ringy l97l

@FilthyPuck97

@Le-TKeSS

@FranPump-

@Position banc

Lines

@Mudboy_Mo_Bamba - @l Ringy l97l - @Position banc

@Namodeo98 - @Le-TKeSS - @FranPump-

@LeCupidon - @FilthyPuck97 - @Prince-Of-Zeus

As GM, @l Ringy l97l looks to lead the Ottawa forwards group as their first line centre. Ringy comes to the Sens after two 16-win seasons in Vancouver after being their 11th overall pick in the S9 draft. After him, you have @Mudboy_Mo_Bamba a.k.a. Clark, who is always good for 50+ points. The line is closed out by @Position banc who only has one season on PSN being in S9, but does have a 13-13-1 to his credit in Xbox NHL last season. The second line has @Namodeo98, who looks to comeback to his 13-win form from S9 Vancouver, @Le-TKeSS, who had a quietly solid 12-8-2 season with S10 Pittsburgh, and @FranPump-, who had a great first full NHL season in S10, going 16-8-2 with the Predators. The third line has @LeCupidon and @FilthyPuck97, two great producers in the AHL who just haven’t quite been able to do it in the NHL, and @Prince-Of-Zeus who returns to the roster after a 14-win season with the S10 Blue Jackets. It’s just not that good of a group, D+.

Defencemen - C

Departures

@AC_gee

@Dahlinl8l

@Montoni007

@vRankin-III

@Chief_Mucker

@Kroeger71

Additions

@mamm7216

@boots23amc

@FrenchMoron

@sales-_-majestes

@JSILVERS

@xGrapeCherry

Pairings

@mamm7216 - @xGrapeCherry

@FrenchMoron - @boots23amc

@JSILVERS - @sales-_-majestes

Continuing the trend of Ringy trying to re-create the Season 9 Canucks, @mamm7216 and @boots23amc were picked up in bidding. Mamm at a staggering 5.25 mil will be looked upon to lead this defence. Enough said. Regardless, this is not the worst defence in the league as they have some decent depth guys who can play, they just don’t have the top end talent. @xGrapeCherry will be playing with Mamm as the top pair and while he has 19 and 20 win seasons under his belt, I don’t think there is anyone that thinks it will happen again on this team. The 2nd pair on this team will be @FrenchMoron and Boots. If JP can put up numbers like he did with the Sharks in prior seasons that would help significantly but with the support around him that will be difficult. Boots is coming off a cup win with the Islanders but was on the 3rd pair and did not have great numbers. On this Ottawa team that lacks top end talent and the fact that he has to play 2nd pair, I don’t see Boots in a spot which gives him a chance to do well. The 3rd pair on this team will be @JSILVERS and @sales-_-majestes. Jsilvers is making a return after serving a ban and if he can play the way he did prior to his ban he'll probably be worth the 750k. He's a guy that has had some average seasons but did go for 5 mil in season 7. Sales is making a return to LG for the first time since season 1, whether he's worth it as a 3rd pair dman or not, it likely will not make a difference in how the Sens do this season.

Goalies - C+

Departures

@l Murray x 30 l

@mochez18

Additions

@STLstash

@Fishydangles

In net Ottawa has their owner @STLstash and @Fishydangles at 500k. STL is a career AHL goalie with a career high 25 wins and Fishy managed to pick up 18 wins in his rookie season in the NHL. Safe to say both have their work cut out for them this season.

X-Factor: The X-Factor of Ottawa is someone who isn’t even on their roster in @NotKosmicEA. If the Senators want some good offensive production this season from someone not named Ringy, they’ll need to figure out a way to call Kosmic up.

Conclusion: Well Ringy took GM and this turned into the S9 Vancouver Canucks, but without the good players, while overpaying for the others. Not a good look to say the least, but we’ll see how it goes. I am not saying this team is anywhere near as bad as FireMike’s Edmonton team, but with how stacked the Atlantic is, could it be possible that this team gets less points than that Edmonton team? I’d say no but I don’t think it would be surprising if they were close.

Thank you for taking the time to read this, as Cody and I really appreciate it. I think we both have just had stuff come up preventing us from pumping these out, and because of that this is the last in-depth preview we’ll be posting. After this, I intend on posting our standing predictions and grades for the Metro and Pacific in the same thread just to show our abbreviation thoughts on the last two divisions.

• Like Like x 14
    • Winner Winner x 4
    • Creative Creative x 1
    mt98
  2. Keller I9I

Keller I9I Set your heart ablaze

Discord:
    its_kredy#0
    Ratings:
    +221 / 21 / -53
    u put ur own team in 5th smh

No Streaming Account
  3. mamm7216

mamm7216 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +372 / 7 / -13
    #TheseGodDamnSens

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    No Streaming Account
  4. MrPurpleCrush

MrPurpleCrush Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,077 / 6 / -28
    "In order to avoid injecting more bias than needed in this (and honestly to just avoid me rambling on for pages about my own team), @MrPurpleCrush is going to cover all sections of the Bolts as he places us 5th in the division… I hate the Atlantic."

• Informative Informative x 1
    MrPurpleCrush
  5. Gwanzie

Gwanzie Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Gwanzie#7932
    Ratings:
    +75 / 1 / -9
    Its Florida szn. Again.

• Like Like x 1
    gwanzie
  6. ChobanLacot

ChobanLacot "How is that a penalty?"

Ratings:
    +153 / 1 / -9
    my main goal is hitting. So if you play my team, you'd be playing 5 on 4 the whole game. Shame on you for not beating us.

No Streaming Account
  7. PR0D1GY 91

PR0D1GY 91 Kred is my twin

Discord:
    prod_19#0
    Ratings:
    +168 / 13 / -16
    Wdym subpar that was my career breakout season

• Like Like x 3
    Prod_86
  8. SKILLEDPYTHON

SKILLEDPYTHON East

Ratings:
    +284 / 118 / -312
    Good post, well done.

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  9. DanteLucc

DanteLucc Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Dante#0213
    Ratings:
    +6 / 6 / -1
    Since mt won’t be biased..I will be....bolts taking this division! Anither great great write up another great write up guys

• Winner Winner x 4
    dantelucc
  10. PieR Talent

PieR Talent Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,803 / 87 / -178
    Fun read good job boys :p

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    No Streaming Account
  11. S-mxrs-H

S-mxrs-H Well-Known Member

Discord:
    smarshy.#0
    Ratings:
    +646 / 44 / -120
    Congrats sir, you are the first media personal that has officially completed all 4 divisions hahah.

• Like Like x 2
    No Streaming Account
  12. FrenchMoron

FrenchMoron Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,056 / 70 / -198

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
    No Streaming Account
  13. Krvstoffer

Krvstoffer help

Discord:
    krvstoffer#0
    Ratings:
    +1,881 / 57 / -118
    @P t P 10 this dude thinks im gonna play d for you

Krvstoffer
  14. I MT98 I

I MT98 I Well-Known Member

Discord:
    MT98#9855
    Ratings:
    +1,293 / 21 / -57
    *@MrPurpleCrush does

mt98
  15. Krvstoffer

Krvstoffer help

Discord:
    krvstoffer#0
    Ratings:
    +1,881 / 57 / -118
    im just here to show PTP how to win in playoffs

• Winner Winner x 2
    Krvstoffer
  16. John_SheIdon

John_SheIdon Well-Known Member

Discord:
    John Sheldon#9411
    Ratings:
    +849 / 9 / -28
    Noted, good luck this season to all!

• Like Like x 2
    John_SheIdon
  17. GonzoArmstrong

GonzoArmstrong Well-Known Member

Discord:
    GonzoArmstrong#4735
    Ratings:
    +1,212 / 169 / -318
    @I-MT98-I nice writeup. You gave me too much credit at forward though. Anyone will tell you I'm not worth 500k.

• Winner Winner x 1
    xXxGonzoArmstrongxXx