LGHL Mock Expansion Draft

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming Hockey League (LGHL)' started by goonderk, Jun 17, 2019.

Tags:
?

How will this team perform in LG?

1. Stanley Cup Champions

29.2%
  2. Lose in Western Conference Finals

18.5%
  3. Lose in Second Round

7.7%
  4. Lose in First Round

9.2%
  5. Miss Playoffs

35.4%
  1. goonderk

goonderk goonderk#6561

Ratings:
    +2,919 / 14 / -27
    It's 6/9/19 and @Tris10 surprised the league, much to its dismay, by entering a Seattle team into the LGHL and holding an expansion draft just hours before the regular season starts for S33. Your Seattle Kraken :snake: are being run by @goonderk (who was voted "Most Likely to Run an Expansion Franchise into the Ground" by an expert panel of LGers). Here are the rules:
    • The team's final roster must abide by the 35 million salary cap
    • One person chosen I will force to be my free contract likely by illicit means
    • Players that are on free contracts can't be chosen
    • Players that are on draft contracts can't be chosen
    • Can only select one player per team/organization

The Seattle Kraken select...

1. :team6: @Sitful (C) - GM
    The Kraken go with the highest paid player this season as their GM. He's went for over 11 million his last two times in bidding and has the skill to back those numbers up. The Seattle Kraken will just throw money at him until he accepts our GM offer.

2. :team4: @kcut (RW) - 4.75 million
    @kcut has proven he's a big game player and that attribute resulted in a cup last season. He has one of the better contracts in the league and can do everything and do it well. This is a great pickup for the Kraken for many reasons, but mostly because we won't have to play against him.

3. :team7: @Sbass19 (LW) - 8.5 million
    @Sbass19 doesn't do the whole coaching thing anymore, but he'd still be a great asset to pair with some of the "less-seasoned" players on the team. He's a great talent with an elite hockey IQ that should make a huge difference for the Kraken.

4. :team391: @l1l Bones l3l (LW) - 6.75 million
    It always helps to have some elite scorers, and, with some extenuating circumstances, we're getting a pretty good deal on this one. There's not much @l1l Bones l3l isn't good at, and he's got a knack for getting the greasy goals (especially the goals where he doesn't even shoot it) which should help when the boys get too cute with it.

5. :team8: @Remi l9l (RD) - 1.75 million
    There were a couple good options on the Avalanche, but the Kraken had to take our first defenseman off the board with how much of a steal this contract is. A solid defenseman in his own zone with a flair for the offensive at times, and it helps that one of LGs greatest took Remi under his wing for a big part of his rookie season #stayhumble .

6. :team20: @Dip City Don (C) - 3 million
    We needed a big body with some finesse moves in him for our second line center. Someone that can grind 'er out, but also surprise the opposing defense with some slick moves. @Dip City Don fits the bill pretty well and, for just a measly 3 million, he adds a pretty strong two-way game and a decent presence in the dot when he's focused to the second line.

7. :team5: @I HDC I (LD) - 1.25 million
    Almost feels like we're cheating selecting another incredible contract. Maybe we are, but you really have to blame Tris for not allowing teams to protect players. The cat is out of the bag on @I HDC I , so I won't go into great depth. However, the Kraken will appreciate his physical presence on the blue line.

8. :team10: @Perrilyzer1 (G) - 2.5 million
    The Kraken have their starting goalie. What else is there to say? He's one of the best in the game, and he proved it last season. He'll continue to dominate on Seattle.

9. :team74: @Rockxt 97 (RW) - 1.5 million
    A dynamic winger who constantly pushes the play up the ice. That should slot in perfectly with some of the players we picked up earlier.

10. :team31: @NotKosmicEA (LW) - 0.5 million
    We're picking another speedster at pick 10. Another contract that is considered one of the better ones in LG. He's one of the guys that can roast you when he has the puck in some space, and we're hoping he'll be given plenty of opportunities to do just that in-game.

11. :team75: @Dualtz (RD) - 0.75 million
    A few really solid contracts on the Hawks, but this one meets Seattle's needs the best. We got a good puckmover who can throw some moves out there when needed. The best part about this pickup, though, is he's not afraid to lay the boom #grit #goonszn

12. :team28: @IlFox (RD) - 0.5 million
    Very similar to our previous pick and similarly at an amazing price. His avail sucks, but that's the price you pay when you need a big-bodied defenseman who has the skills required to retrieve the puck and get it up ice. #fox4norris

13. :team1: @B L A M E x 67 (LD) - 0.5 million
    Another amazing pickup for the league-minimum. Not much to say here, but I will note that @B L A M E x 67 came across the ice Scott Stevens style on a guy who had cherrypicked much of the game just because he found that cherrypicking distasteful in a game early last season. Yes, he absolutely clocked the guy, and yes, he got a penalty for it. I think even the ref thought the opposing player deserved that hit, though.

14. :team9: @Duky (C) - 0.75 million
    In addition to being a great personality, @Duky can clutch up when he needs to evidenced by a few spectacular overtime winners in the playoffs. He's a graduate of the simple hockey school and can play a disciplined two-hundred-foot game.

15. :team30: @BullBreed333 (RW) - 0.5 million
    A shifty winger who is a good rush player and should be able to find his way behind the defense often enough. He can certainly score, but he's a decent passer even if some of his passes are more ambitious than others. Another good pickup at the league-minimum price. (Also, formerly known as SuperiorJam995)

16. :team15: @NOTEZ 420 (G) - 0.5 million
    @NOTEZ 420 will slot in as the backup goalie on the Kraken. He's often seen in the chatbox which is usually a good thing as goalies who play a good bit are often better than the ones who don't.

Seattle Kraken :snake: Opening Day Roster

@l1l Bones l3l - @Sitful - @kcut

@Sbass19 - @Dip City Don - @Rockxt 97

@NotKosmicEA - @Duky - @BullBreed333

@goonderk - @Dualtz

@I HDC I - @Remi l9l

@B L A M E x 67 - @IlFox

@Perrilyzer1

@NOTEZ 420

You'll notice I have 15 picks left, from that I'd build my AHL squad from the remaining organizations. Not sure how to do that exactly, but I may or may not post the final result of that. If you enjoyed this, hit a rating or answer the poll question.

• Like Like x 17
    • Winner Winner x 7
    • Creative Creative x 5
    • Informative Informative x 1
    No Streaming Account
  2. Gabseh

Gabseh Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +437 / 22 / -45
    HDC is :toxic:

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
    riorio56tv
  3. TheHeroicDuck

TheHeroicDuck Well-Known Member

Discord:
    theheroicduck#0
    Ratings:
    +1,215 / 13 / -60
    seems fair

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    TheHeroicDuck
  4. x Gallyy

x Gallyy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +155 / 38 / -105
    stupid

• Dumb Dumb x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    No Streaming Account
  5. Giilbz

Giilbz Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,683 / 42 / -118
    I like it, but you didn’t even let me choose my protects :/

• Funny Funny x 1
    No Streaming Account
  6. IlFox

IlFox Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,365 / 25 / -54
    • Funny Funny x 1
    No Streaming Account
  7. Tb ToXiC

Tb ToXiC Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Tb Toxic#1016
    Ratings:
    +444 / 17 / -13
    what about the protect system?

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    tjbarone81
  8. Remi l9l

Remi l9l Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +365 / 39 / -25
    #GOONPOOP

• Funny Funny x 1
    Remiaszl9l
  9. l1l Bones l3l

l1l Bones l3l BBB Owner

Ratings:
    +827 / 40 / -41
    Bones Bass and Kos on the left side, say less.

BonesOnDemand
  10. clutchcolbs

clutchcolbs Well-Known Member

Discord:
    clutchcolbs#5251
    Ratings:
    +73 / 11 / -5
    You could have clutchcolbs at 500k too

UncleMerIin