Week 1: The Thunder

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming American Hockey League (LGAHL)' started by BladesOnThree, Jun 18, 2019.

1. GhostxBearx

GhostxBearx Well-Known Member

Discord:
    ghostbear1805#0
    Ratings:
    +592 / 137 / -217
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Week 1 The Thunder

This weekly news report is dedicated to the AHL Community. We will be going over the top and bottom 5 teams in the power rankings. I will try to do my best to produce this weekly write up.

So here goes nothing, this is WEEK 1 THE THUNDER!

1. Utica Comets:team410:
    2. San Antonio Rampage :team363:
    3. Hershey Bears :team350:
    4. Grand Rapids Griffins:team299:
    5. WBS Penguins:team301:

1. Utica Comets :team410: – 8-1-0 – PR 5.61 PRVS 1.73 GF 39 GA 21 GD +18 Shot/D +39 PP 35.3% PK 69.2% FO + 23 TOA/D 16:18
      1. 8-1 is quite the impressive record to being week 1. First off, they brought back the Calder winning combo in net! Who let this happen? Both goalies are on two-year deals. 2.5 million on goalies is one of the highest tandems in the league, but they both know how to win! @SamSchwartzy had an impressive week going 4- 0 posting an 86% save percentage and a 1.5 goals against average. He faced 37 shots this week which comes out to almost 10 shots per game. @PHJ314 finished the week 4-1
      2. Shutdown defense and a trip to the red light district was the name of the game this week. I’ve had the pleasure of playing with @PigsOnJupiter before and he is a fantastic hockey player. He is easily a 5 – 7 million dollar AHL player. Getting him for nothing was a steal for the Comets. Pigs finished with a solid 3 – 0 with 13 points while fellow winger @iDANGLESON finished 3-0 with 12 points.
      3. Shoutout to my boy @Saucerman x3 , he was a steal for 2 million in bidding
      4. Utica’s only loss came at the hands of Bellevue, @Czap17 stood on his head with an impressive 21 save effort!
      5. What is one thing Utica could improve on for next week? Goals Against, out of the top 5 teams in the Power Rankings, Utica was 5th in GA and the penalty kill!
    2. San Antonio Rampage :team363:– 7-1-1 PR 5.09 PRVS 1.99 GF 32 GA 16 GD +16 Shot/D +23 PP 30.8% PK 91.7% TOA/D 20:01
      1. 7-1-1 is a great week for the most toxic team in the AHL. In my opinion @I PowerPak I is a top 5 goalie in the AHL and could easily be a starter in the NHL. A lot of people have told powerpack to mute his mic, but he refuses! San Antonio is a fun team to watch. They have two shutdown d pairs with @Daddy Dill0n @DCue79 @TheRunningChief (500k steal) and @devilsknight617 . Devils and Dillion alone would be 10+ million in bidding, talk about a savings.
      2. Offensively led by @Bellx91 and @SkillzPayBills3 , no doubt this team is on the top of the power rankings. Skillz is one of the best d man in NHL 19 and the transition to center hasn’t affected his defense. The Rampage only let up an impressive 16 goals in 9 games. Bell is one of the best positional players I’ve ever played with. He needs to learn to hit the net, if he can become consistent, it will be a great season down south.
      3. The thing that is most impressive about the rampage is their backend. They do an amazing job at breaking the puck out of their own zone. This is an important skill in order to break the trap of NHL.
      4. I know most of you don’t know who @Hey GBYD or @xGetAcedx is, but get ready for them to become a household name. This team is wonderfully built. They have the chance this week to grab that top spot from Utica in the power rankings.
      5. One thing they could improve upon? The few games they lost, they only scored 1 goal, need more goal support, can’t rely on defense and goaltending to win you every game
    3. Hershey Bears :team350:7-0-2 PR 5.02 PRVS 2.35 GF 25 GA 14 GD +11 Shot/D +57 PP 19.2% PK 94.1% FO +49 TOA/D 9:56
      1. Who dominates in the dot? The Hershey Bears do! No losses in regulation this week means they picked up a point in every game. If they continue this trend we might be seeing Hershey hoist a cursed trophy by the end of the regular season.
      2. Led by @xl NiTeOwL lx and @KrawcH x[/USER] , everybody knew the Bears would build a great roster. We also knew that euro was destined for the great state of Wentzlyvania (that’s right steelers fans!) The numbers aren’t that impressive in Hershey but they have found a way to win. This roster is very St. Louis Blues like you have your Tarasenko in @x Matic y and Niteowl is your Pietrangelo. Lots of young talent in @Byfuglien x33l and @Two Sip . You also have your veteran presence in @NotoriousFAT 00 Happy for Noto that he is finally on a good squad, he deserves it!
        [*]Euro was obviously worth the money so far this season going 3-0 this week. Versatility is key in this league and Euro delivered, playing RW and LW scoring two goals apiece and finishing with a +7, watch for his success to play a pivotal part in Hershey’s dominance.
        [*]One thing they could improve on? Closing out in OT, could you imagine if they won those OT games? They would have finished 9-0
        [*]Shoutout to my boy NiteOwl. Last season was rough in Texas with me taking over midway through the season, some of the owners worked with me and helped me with any questions I needed, others ignored me and scathed me for the team’s poor success. Just wanted to say NiteOwl was super friendly through the whole process and was a source of advice for me! Thank you to one of the nicest GM’s in the league.com

[*]Grand Rapids Griffins :team299:– 8-2 PR 4.87 PRVS 3.06 GF 30 GA 14 GD +16 Shot/D +63 PP% 28.6 PK% 87.5 FO -12 TOA/D 16:52

1. @l Freddy ll is a stud and that’s all I gotta Say! He was an enjoyable presence to have around on a decimated Griffins team two seasons ago. He’s a NHL quality d man and a great pick up. I believe the Griffins will go back and forth with SA for the rest of the season. Eden is a solid goalie they have a solid d core and some scoring up front.
      2. Now that Im not a GM I can let you in on my plan. I was going to pick up @TodayR0SA and @chachki34 on forward and have them play on the 2nd line with me in between at C. Chacki is a highly skilled forward. Also, a forward that does not take penalties!
      3. The real question is… Chacki scrub hunting? He faced San Diego, Texas, Rockford, and Stockton, the bottom half of the league last week. We will analyze who Chacki plays next week before we accuse anybody of scrub hunting!
      4. One thing GRG could do better? Improve in the FO dot, How do you go 8-2 the first week and have a -12 in the FO dot!
      [*]WilkesBarre Scranton Penguins :team301: 6-2-1 PR 4.61 PRVS 1.9 GF 26 GA 17 GD +9 Shot/D -15 PP 0.0% PK 87.5% FO +34 TOA/D 1:38
      1. @Neil x 25 is probably the person who will ego you the most in the AHL shoutbox, but he builds a great team, well he’s part of a good team. The @Rivnasty @Krvstoffer duo is back at it again this season. Anchored by Dan and Lundy, this team is solid from top to bottom. Neil @THRA5HER5 and @Samurai-Siaki make up a solid LD core. @SpadsYo is a steal for 500k. @x Chyzz will produce with his massive contract.
      2. @BROSKI_002 is interesting at 2.25 going 12-14 last season on a terrible Providence team. He’s a NHL owner on PSN. You know how Krvs and Riv love their PSN players. He’s definitely a player to watch to see if he goes positive this season playing with PSN buddies. He could be the x-factor for a successful season in Pennsylvania.
      3. One thing to improve on? PP! You cannot go 0.0% on the Powerplay. 0/11 on the powerpl

THE WEBSITES TOP 5:

1. Utica Comets :team410:

2. San Antonio Rampage :team363:

3. Hershey Bears :team350:

4. Grand Rapids Griffins :team299:

5. WBS Penguins :team301:

MY TOP 5:

1. San Antonio Rampage :team363:

2. Hershey Bears :team350:

3. Grand Rapids Griffins :team299:

4. Utica Comets :team410:

5. Rochester Americans :team312:

THE BOTTOM 5 ACCORDING TO THE WEBSITE

1. San Jose Barracuda 1-8 PR 2.1 PRVS 0.9 GF 17 GA 32 GD -15 Shot/D -33 PP 25.00% PK 70.8% -21 FO -23:45 TOA/D

a. Well, this was not the week San Jose management was looking for! They are in the hardest division in the league, so they have to get their act together quick if they are going to dig themselves out of this hole.

b. This is arguably the worst roster in the league from top to bottom. Ertz is a 3rd line C on most teams and is severely overpaid. Their 8.25 million dollar winger hasn’t even played a game yet.

c.
    @DudeItsDevin91 @KeBrik @Too Much Twoco are all 3rd line defensemen.

d. Unless they make some changes up front, I do not see this team having a positive season. The division is the toughest and it will be hard to be a playoff team. Hopefully, @MrBinxx can figure out something soon.

e. Their TC does not look strong either.

2. Binghamton Devils 2-5-2 PR 2.56 PRVS 1.11 GF 17 GA 31 GD -14 Shot/D -27 PP% 11.18 PK 77.8 FO -9 TOA/D -13:33

a. This is a team who should have a better record than it shows. They are strong up front with @Bryce18xx716 and @xDarth29 They have a solid goaltending duo. The defense is where they lack for sure. @M4CK EH is not a strong d man and neither is @blaker029 I believe @BigPaulerBrand is overrated and was on a really good team last season.

b. @Skjei x 76 just got traded there from Texas. Watch for him and @I Matthews 34 I to be waived soon enough.

c. They need to improve on their defense, look for solid d men from the chl or just give guys a new opportunity, sometimes a change of scenery can be really good for a dman.

d. I believe Binghamton will not be in the bottom 5 next week.

3. Springfield Thunderbirds 2-6-1 PR 2.69 PRVS 1.33 GF 19 GA 30 GD -11 Shot/D -20 PP 21.4% PK 79.2% FO -3 TOA/D -5:27

a. Anyone ever been to Springfield, MA? It’s a dumpster fire, just like this team. There have been multiple rumors that locker room issues are the source of the teams dismay. I’ve personally seen Springfield members request a trade in the shoutbox.

b. It’s no surprise it’s a poopy snoopy run team that is in our bottom 5.

c. This team went defense heavy and I honestly don’t think defense is the issue. Hendricks, Smitty, Rhino, Bardock, Blackfire, and Clan are all solid d man. Nascar and QC are solid goalies.

d. I think the offense is the problem. Wags, Sizz, Prozzer, Herndy, all washed up. Sly is not worth 3.5 million.

e. If this team makes some offensive changes, I fully believe they are capable of making a turnaround. (please trade for me and don’t call me up! Lol)

4. Laval Rockets 3-4-2 PR 3 PRVS 1.63 GF 17 GA 26 GD -9 Shot/D -18 PP 8.3% PK 78.9% FO – 3 TOA/D -9:28

a. Is anyone surprised, another @DudleyDoWright5 team in the basement?

b. Honestly, I think this year’s Dudley team is better than last, which is some improvement. I also believe Dudley should never be allowed to be a gm ever again. People hate playing on his poorly built teams. I will give him credit for showing up, but that’s it.

c. @MayerTopKat100 and @BradMarchand63 are solid forwards and that’s about it. @Rico Suave TOS is the only member of that d core that deserves to be in the AHL. Larsbone can’t break the puck out if his life depended on it.

d. Poor @Z3R0CR45H

e. Some Better C’s and better d men would help this core out. Zero and @pitwinkle can only do some much. A living Pylon and Dime a Dozen are must call ups.

5. Bridgeport Sound Tigers 4-4-1 PR 3.06 PRVS 3 GF 17 GA 26 GD -9 Shot/D -21 PP 33.3% PK 2.9% FO 5 TOA/D -6:06

a. Wow, this one is a shocker, I thought the Sound Tigers would start the season out firing and honestly, a 4-4-1 record, isn’t even that bad of a start. It’s a lot better than the monsters 3-6 start!

b. This roster is way too deep to be ranked 5th worst in the league. @its Gallyy @TertleToes @vI Kiroxy Iv Kiroxy and @Garis93 are all solid forwards. @Dublaga has a great personality.

c. The defense is a bit of a different story. I think @Hainers is CHL quality along with @DwnSyndromeDAV3 I know nothing about @baff or @Rage Rox ox. @l SaIty I and @GB521 are obviously solid pickups on defense.

d. They seem to have solid tendys defending the pipes.

e. Watch for their DP TertleToes to have a huge week and get Bridgeport out of the bottom 5.

The website bottom 5

1. San Jose Barracuda

2. Binghamton Devils

3. Springfield Thunderbirds

4. Laval Rockets

5. Bridgeport Sound Tigers

My bottom 5:

1. San Jose Barracuda

2. Laval Rockets

3. Springfield Thunderbirds

4. Texas Stars

5. Milwaukee Admirals

Last edited: Jun 18, 2019
    • Like x 8
    • Dislike x 3
    • Dumb x 3
    • Winner x 2
    • Funny x 1
    GhostBearTTV
  2. glex

glex Underrated - Over it

Discord:
    glex#0001
    Ratings:
    +243 / 6 / -19
    Good write-up. The formatting needs some work though.

• Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 1
    No Streaming Account
  3. Polar4124

Polar4124 Selling bodily fluids, pm for prices

Discord:
    Polar#6488
    Ratings:
    +181 / 35 / -36
    WHERES TUCSON

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
    I6IPolarI6I
  4. Saquon

Saquon Gag On It

Discord:
    saquon.#0
    Ratings:
    +1,171 / 110 / -135
    Thanks for the shoutout

• Like Like x 1
    simpism
  5. Saquon

Saquon Gag On It

Discord:
    saquon.#0
    Ratings:
    +1,171 / 110 / -135
    One more thing Logocheck

simpism
  6. I Risto I

I Risto I Well-Known Member

Discord:
    risto55#0
    Ratings:
    +866 / 79 / -110
    Good work I think the format itself could be clearer like glex said. Maybe some color at least in the headings for each team

No Streaming Account
  7. KirbyyTM

KirbyyTM I Swallow Alot

Discord:
    Cookies#7902
    Ratings:
    +212 / 13 / -24
    Good writeup Blades loved that little shoutout haha

No Streaming Account
  8. KeBrik

KeBrik Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +291 / 5 / -12
    We are ranked too high

• Funny Funny x 1
    No Streaming Account
  9. Marr570

Marr570 Cup Check

Discord:
    Marr570#8101
    Ratings:
    +545 / 52 / -48
    • Funny Funny x 1
    marr570
  10. SamSchwartzy

SamSchwartzy S29 & S32 Calder Cup Champion / Since NHL16'

Ratings:
    +125 / 6 / -2
    Nice writeup, but as a lot of people mentionned, make some titles and/or character changes so it is easier to read next time.
    With love, Schwartzy.

No Streaming Account
  11. Too Much Twoco

Too Much Twoco Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Too Much Twoco#2520
    Ratings:
    +454 / 2 / -17
    First off, Thanks for write-up. This was real meaty content that i love to see.

With that out of way, Ertz isn't a 3rd line C. He had 60+ points last season. And Devin is not a 3rd line D man. And seeing as how I haven't played LG at D except to ECU...thanks for not calling me a TC!

No Streaming Account
  12. GhostxBearx

GhostxBearx Well-Known Member

Discord:
    ghostbear1805#0
    Ratings:
    +592 / 137 / -217
    @l Don l7 is gonna help me fix it up a bit

• Winner Winner x 1
    GhostBearTTV
  13. TITO JAKS0N

TITO JAKS0N BETTER CENTRE THAN YOU AND EVERYONE ELSE

Ratings:
    +283 / 48 / -68
    Nice write up dude, really loving the content in the a this season, alot more than last.. A little bit confusing with the format, but itll come with time boss.

One thing though, "The real question is… Chacki scrub hunting? He faced San Diego, Texas, Rockford, and Stockton, the bottom half of the league last week. We will analyze who Chacki plays next week before we accuse anybody of scrub hunting"

- I wouldnt say scrub hunting, it was the first week of the season (nobody knows hows teams will do) and our line generally plays sunday/monday, maybe the odd late wednesday game, we cant really help who we play on our alloted days.

Nice work though

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  14. Hayes x 13

Hayes x 13 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +71 / 14 / -6
    Ertz being a 3rd line center and overpaid is tough coming from a guy that started the season in the chl and I guess 60 points means your a 3rd liner lol

hayes1328
  15. Bxccaneer

Bxccaneer I swear to drunk I'm not God

Discord:
    Bxccaneer#6996
    Ratings:
    +88 / 6 / -14
    Good shit Blades, thanks for taking the time to do this.

• Like Like x 1
    DeLosh
  16. KeBrik

KeBrik Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +291 / 5 / -12
    You are a 3rd liner but an elite one.

No Streaming Account
  17. Hayes x 13

Hayes x 13 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +71 / 14 / -6
    I guess so lol this kid is in the chl but doing ahl media like c'mon man

hayes1328
  18. NotoriousFAT 00

NotoriousFAT 00 Former LG media kingpin, Wine gum lover, LG dad.

Discord:
    NotoriousFAT 00#5853
    Ratings:
    +3,745 / 76 / -124
    59B12E5D-ECF5-443B-A7AC-9FFF717BEACA.jpeg

• Like Like x 2
    notoriousfat00
  19. BigPaulerBrand

BigPaulerBrand Well-Known Member

Discord:
    BigPaulerBrand#2319
    Ratings: