Scy’s Thoughts Week Two

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming Hockey League (LGHL PSN)' started by Jrascia, Jun 21, 2019.

1. Jrascia

Jrascia Well-Known Member

Discord:
    JR#3872
    Ratings:
    +112 / 20 / -4
    Disclaimer: This article belongs to @D-i-l-d-o--Bike but he is forum banned.

Hello you beautiful people and hazeehype! Are you ready for Scy's Thoughts Week Two!?

We're two weeks down and we have a lot of happy players winning and a lot of sad players losing. There are a lot of surprises and a lot of teams performing more or less how everybody expected them to. In this article I'm going to look at the 3 biggest winner and loser surprises and attempt to analyze what has gone right and what has gone wrong through 2 weeks. At the end of this article we're going to take a brief view at my worst contracts and see how they're doing thus far. Enjoy!

Third Biggest Losing Surprise

Boston Bruins 7-11-0, 14 points, 8th in the Atlantic, -28 Goal Differential

This team is an Xbox wet dream and if I'm being honest, Xbox players usually struggle a bit their first season and we've seen that a little bit thus far. @CaLL Me Jakoo takes the reins as Boston's newest owner after being a 13mil disappointment the year prior. This is a team that a lot of people had ranked #1 in the Atlantic coming into the season and those same people would have this team as the biggest underachiever/surprise but not me. I never saw this team as a contender. In my eyes, I saw them as a team that would struggle early on and squeak into the playoffs as a wildcard team. Still, they've struggled a bit more than I think anyone could have guessed. They started their season off going 2-7-0 then rebounded this past week going 5-4-0. I could see this trend of improvement to continue into next week and could see them going 6-2-1 but they have some tough teams in Montreal, Buffalo, New Jersey(I know right? Wtf?), and Philly. If they can win 2 of those games and beat the other weaker teams, then this team will certainly pull through and have a pretty successful season. However, if they go out and have another week with less than 5 wins, they might dig themselves a hole too big to come back from.

What has gone wrong?
    They have a lot of bad third liners on 1mil+ contracts and a few sub-par players on 3mil+ contracts. For this team to be successful, they need to shed some of these contracts and hope reputation alone will get them a decent return.

Best performer thus far: @No Regretzkys 3-3-0, 12 points, -2, 4 PIM
    Worst performer thus far: @Flapjack8796 1-5-0, 5 points, -12, 0 PIM

Third Biggest Winning Surprise

Nashville Predators
    12-6-0, 24 points, 2nd in the Central, +12 Goal Differential

Coming into this season, there was zero consensus on where this team would finish. Some had nashville as a top team and others had them as a bottom feeder team. This lack of agreement among the league was likely attributed to how good they thought DB(I'm not going to tag him because his name is fucking cancer) but it appears that ranking is irrelevant as DB has struggled early on and instead its the other two lines carrying. Especially The "FatHog" line. Those two lines have been doing the bulk of the legwork meanwhile, DB's line has put up an abyssmal 2-4-0 record. YIKES. The Nashville Predators boast an insanely cost-effective, stout defense led by none other than @RBCressor, @DrFurryNips and @xXDR3AMK1LL3RXx with a well-balanced mixture of two-way players up front. In fact, the team's only real weak point lies between the pipes, with @XGEnErAL 420X's current 76.9% save percentage performance not justifying his $2.25M contract. If he can get things going, this is going to be one hell of a scary team.

What has gone right?
    Despite seemingly taking a lot of flack for their bidding decisions, spending $9.75M on 3 AHL forwards, their gamble has paid off and then some. The "FatHog" line has quickly become one of the most electrifying lines in LG this season, with a 5-1-0 record and a combined 53 points. The Predators also have the best powerplay thus far with 14 PP goals and a 43.8 percentage. That's about as lethal as it gets.

Best performer thus far: @xXDR3AMK1LL3RXx 5-0-0, 6 points, +9, 0 PIM
    Worst performer thus far: DB 2-4-0, 8 points, -8, 10 PIM YIKES

Second Biggest Losing Surprise

San Jose Sharks 7-6-6, 20 points, 5th in the Pacific, +4 Goal Differential

This is more of an overtime losing surprise as the Sharks have 6 overtime losses; a league best. Nobody--including myself-- had them ranked outside of the top 3 in the West let alone top 3 in the Pacific. @radicalapex returns as owner to the surprise of no one and this time he brings in an actual elite GM presence in @Class Act 27. This team features some good players as well as some of the best contracts in the league in illy, gui, gaming, and spray but they've been underperforming a lot. Their biggest questionmark coming into the season has yet to be addressed and that is their center position. illy is decent but far from a top line center and willrolltide and stamkos are both average 3rd line centers at best. Not having good centers to help break out has probably been one of the biggest factors in the Shark's inability to have a solid time on attack as they currently sit at 23rd for Time on attack difference with an atrocious -11:30. Pair that with spray moving up from the 3rd line onto the 2nd and replacing one of the league's best 3rd line with AHLers and you have a team that will likely need their top line and their solid d core to carry. They can turn their season around quick if they make a move for a good center.

What has gone wrong?
    Looking at their team and judging off record alone, 3 people have played all of their games together and that's Class, Spooer, and Gaming boasting a team high 5-2-0 record together. I'm not sure if its poor availability leading to guys not playing together or management not being sure of who should play with who, but to be successful at NHL 19, you need three things: Skill, luck, and chemistry. They have the skill. They have 6 OTLs so they certainly don't have the luck, and they just don't seem to have the chemistry. They're also leading the league in penalty minutes and that MUST change. I expect them to make some big trades in the coming weeks and to turn their season around and be a potential contender for the cup like they always are.

Best performer thus far: @Class Act 27 5-2-0, 25 points, +9, 8 PIM
    Worst performer thus far: @Atreyal 0-2-4, 0 points, -6, 8 PIM

Second Biggest Winning Surprise

New Jersey Devils 11-6-1, 23 points, 3rd in the Metro, +12 Goal Differential

Out of the several AHL GMs making the jump from AHL to NHL, @BROSKI_002 was the one I thought would have the most success. He brought very few of his AHL shitter friends up and the ones that he did have performed quite well. He also inherited a decent team with some decent draft picks to include: @Crafted-95 and @xLeGenDaRyy-. I used to play with and against the latter back in the day and its nice to see him return and also find success. It was my understanding that Broski wasn't going to accept the league's offer of owner because he couldn't find a GM with both the skills and the experience necessary to assist him in his first season as NHL owner but he eventually found @NH4JP who has been a solid 2nd pairing dman since LG first started and has been solid through the first 2 weeks. It is this thought process however, that has helped Broski out in his first season: Making sure he was ready. All too often we see AHL guys try to make the leap to NHL and they're cocky, ill prepared, and they just make horrible decisions down the stretch; Not too mention, they have to earn the respect of not only their own players but the rest of the league. Broski is doing just that. His team features a decent west line, some elite talent, and some good contracts. I think philly will catch them and knock them down into a wildcard race with one of the many elite teams from the Atlantic but only time will tell.

What has gone right?
    Some top talent on their top line. A decent, cheap west line, and a 3rd line that has surprisingly performed quite well has carried their otherwise underwhelming D core to a solid record through 2 weeks. @TMills71 has struggled through the first 2 weeks but if he get's hot, look out.

Best performer thus far: @xLeGenDaRyy- 4-2-0, 16 points, +4, 0 PIM ***East is way more impressive than West***
    Worst performer thus far: @vMustacho 3-3-0, 2 points, -2, 4 PIM

Biggest Losing Surprise

Columbus Blue Jackets 5-12-1, 11 points, 8th in the Metro, -20 Goal Differential

@i9-Stamkos-1i and @Akonvict21 have returned yet again this time with a new team(they kept their old franchise, just swapped teams) although this season is going much differently than seasons' past. Columbus is dead last in the Metro and the 2nd worst team in the league. They started off 3-5-1 and must have thought, there's no way it can possibly get worse than this, huh? Well, they followed tthat up with an abyssmal 2-7. I had Columbus as a wildcard team or just outside on my rankings and they have been ranked anywhere from top 5 in the East to just outside the top 10 by other rankers. We all knew this wasn't going to be the best team we've seen from Akon and Stamkos but usually they both stack their own lines and go with a 500k shitter line but it looks like they didn't even do that properly. I'm just going to come right out and say it... Stamkos was GM with Gonzo in season 8 when they had 116 points and then stamkos took over season 9 with Akon as his GM and they had 101 points then last season they finished with 92 points missing playoffs entirely. They're getting worse every season instead of better. That being said, there's enough talent on this team to create two solid lines and they just haven't done that at all. @The_Blind_Ref is on his cheapest contract in a few seasons and its a decent contract for his skill level and they have a few guys producing offensively but nobody seems to play a lick of defense. @Maxx_20 has 12 points in 6 games and is 0-5-1... Like wat? I don't know if the problem is shotty defense or goaltending.

What has gone wrong?
    Columbus has 4 players who are consistently overpaid in @Schwartz_x9, @jeff0012, @The_Blind_Ref(Who again is actually on a decent contract for once), and @RSall14. Two of them are producing offensively but none of them are producing wins. This team needs a serious shake up defensively and/or in net or else we can see Akon and Stamkos missing playoffs for the second straight season.

Best performer thus far: @curlew7 2-3-1, 13 points, +3, 4 PIM
    Worst performer thus far: @Oso-Sic 1-5-0, 1 point, -11, 2 PIM

Biggest Winning Surprise

Anaheim Ducks 13-3-2, 28 points, 1st in the Pacific, +22 Goal Differential

Yup, last season's Stanley cup champions are the biggest winning suprise so far this season. Nobody would have guessed that @BigFreeze064's Ducks would come out on top after 2 weeks but here we are. My biggest concern around this team coming into the season was the offense.. Afterall, the only proven player on the offense is @Tidan-16 and he's woefully overpaid and don't forget that their DP @Jago is a bit of a questionmark. But this isn't a team built to win through overwhelming offense. No, this is a team built on team defense and winning the puck possession battle. Anaheim is 4th in the league in Time on attack Difference and they've let in the least amount of goals in the league. They have also done a good job staying out of the box boasting a 4th best 56 PIM to this point. That's less than half the PIMs San jose has. They've also pulled through when it most counts on the powerplay as they have the most PP goals at 15 and the 2nd best percentage at 39.5. What makes this team that much more surprising is the secondary scoring coming from their weaker players. You would expect Tidan to be leading the way but he's only 6th on the team in scoring with 9 points. They have 5 guys with 10 points or more and I've heard of one of them. They've also gotten terrific scoring from their Dmen with all 6 having at least 3 points and two who are on a point per game pace. Their dmen have more points combined than 3/4 of Boston's forwards. Their availability appears to be their biggest issue however as there are 8 skaters with less than 6 games played and their goalies have played in just 14/18 games. I'm not sure if their availability concerns are temporary or not but if this issue persists, they will have to make some trades sooner rather than later.

What has gone right?
    Virtually everything. All 3 lines are bringing home wins, they're staying out of the box, and they're playing solid team D. Freeze also seems to have a chip over his shoulder considering everyone shrugged him off and told him he only won last season because of Counter... but Counter's team hasn't done nearly as well as Freeze's so far. I can't imagine Freeze will mess things up as he has what appears to be a real contender.. at least from the miniscule sample size we have to observe.

best performer thus far: @xOgLowkeyyx 6-0-0, 13 points, +9, 2 PIM
    Worst performer thus far: @EnforcerBlues 3-3-0, 8 points, +0, 6 PIM

There you have it! Any disagreements and/or things you want to add? Be sure to comment and tell me! I read all of the comments and if anything intrigues me I'll ask somebody else to post a response for me.

I decided I'd also take a very brief look at my worst contracts. I'm just going to say whether or not I believe they've lived up to their contract thus far. Obviously there is a LONG way to go but I think its fun to take an early look at some of these guys' seasons. I will go much more in depth come week 5 and at the end of the season.

@XxJusT4TheShoWxX 3-3-0, 8 points, -1, 10 PIM

Obviously Franky is NOT performing like a 9.5mil player.

@mamm7216 3-3-0, 6 points, -7, 8 PIM

At 5.25mil, you're expected to be a high end 2nd pairing dman and at 3-3-0, that just hasn't been the case. The offensive contributions are there though. I'm going to say he has NOT been performing up to his contract.

@Kev l97l 3-3-0, 8 points, -3, 9 PIM

Nope, lmao. 8.5mil YIKES.

@TGil36 4-3-0, 9 points, +2, 0 PIM

Lost to Montreal's 3rd line last night. NOPE. 7.75mil, LOL.

@APX x 93 3-3-0, 11 points, +2, 2 PIM

This is the first forward that has put up decent offensive numbers but .500 leaves a lot to be desired from a 7.75mil guy. He's played some solid teams and he's also played with several different linemates but I just can't look past that contract. Nope. I do think he'll finish strong and have a solid season though.

@x Chyzz 5-1-0, 16 points, +7, 12 PIM

It's nice to see Chyz finding success again after so long in the dumps. He has to carry Hra-ow so its pretty impressive. But is he worth 9 mil? So far, yes.

@Pezdemic 2-3-1, 9 points, -4, 4 PIM

lol

@HazeeHype 4-1-0, 7 pointts, +4, 4 PIM

He had one good offensive showing with 4 points vs the Sharks and the rest have been 1 point or less. STILL, wins are far more important and the little guy has managed to pull through so far this season. I have to say he's worth the 6.5mil.. but the offense has to pick up.

@GhostMK 3-3-0, 10 points, -3, 6 PIM

His season thus far would be impressive if he was in a 3rd line role where he belongs. 2 of his wins are against the 2 worst teams in LG. 7 mil, need I say anymore?

@Hra-ow 5-1-0, 8 points, +9, 11 PIM

Has half as many points as Chyz. He get's carried, has taken too many PIMs, and could have been a 750k resign. A big 4.75mil YIKES.

Now, onto my honorable mentions

@F0G19- 6-0-0, 24 points, +15, 2 PIM

Il m'a carry pendant deux semaines et il vaut 20mil et une fellation.

@Carm95 2-1-3, 10 points, +0, 2 PIM

I really regretted not including him in the top 10 but I listened to my heart instead of my mind and that's a good way to get fucked up fast. 7.75mil nope.

@Spooer69 5-2-0, 17 points, +8, 8 PIM

The only reason why I had him on here originally was because I wasn't sure how a Dman turned forward would go. thus far, it's been a success. I could see him improving on these numbers as he get's more comfortable playing forward.

@coorsi88 0-2-0, 0 points, -3, 2 PIM

Next time I'm going to go much more in depth and probably scour the league for other bad contracts and see if they should have made this list or not.

Thanks for reading,
    Peace!

• Like Like x 19
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Creative Creative x 1
    Jrascia
  2. Crafted l95l

Crafted l95l Clapping Bots Bro

Ratings:
    +227 / 33 / -23
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Get Good Get Good x 1
    crafted95
  3. Markz51

Markz51 Don't Hassle Me. I'm Local.

Discord:
    markz_51#0
    Ratings:
    +702 / 11 / -21
    Nice write up. Enjoyed the read. Maybe I'm an idiot, but am I the only one to not be surprised that the reigning S10 Stanley Cup Champions Ducks and the Nashville Predators who finished 1st in the Western Central despite flopping in round 2 are having early season success?

• Like Like x 3
    Markz_51
  4. xCOACH_19

xCOACH_19 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    coachx19#0
    Ratings:
    +519 / 22 / -60
    Most people are surprised at how well we are doing because we only have 4 returning players from the Cup team who wanted to stay. MeestahDon, SWBobcats, Freeze, and myself. Vish, Twister, NickyP, and JLaden all wanted out before season started, Counter took Ownership, and Fox retired due to the fact he was going to miss at least 3 weeks during the season.

• Informative Informative x 1
    Coachx19
  5. WJP089

WJP089 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,464 / 60 / -178
    Thanks for the kind words but I've been a 3rd liner in disguise since LG first started. It's OK though, you we witness my prime years. :eek:

Love the article, keep it up!

Last edited: Jun 21, 2019
    No Streaming Account
  6. F0G 19

F0G 19 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    f0g19#0
    Ratings:
    +364 / 5 / -8
    I laughed good read

• Funny Funny x 1
    FOG__19
  7. WJP089

WJP089 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,464 / 60 / -178
    whoops couldn't edit my last post.

No Streaming Account
  8. GhostMK

GhostMK Well-Known Member

Discord:
    GhostMK#8226
    Ratings:
    +205 / 3 / -11
    @OdessaSteps please put me on the 3rd line where I belong

GhostMK_
  9. OdessaSteps

OdessaSteps I'm still your dad

Ratings:
    +2,691 / 11 / -88
    You belong in my mouth

No Streaming Account
  10. PrometheusXVII

PrometheusXVII Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Prometheus (Wheat Kings Owner)#1251
    Ratings:
    +537 / 33 / -51
    :eek:

Loverrrrrs in a dangerous time.

No Streaming Account
  11. FrenchMoron

FrenchMoron Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,056 / 70 / -198
    You guys have also been 12M over cap without any repercussions .....

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
    No Streaming Account
  12. FatHogChelly

FatHogChelly Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Chelly#1573
    Ratings:
    +323 / 6 / -69
    FatHogGang don't play

• Informative Informative x 1
    Chel_Legend
  13. ChobanLacot

ChobanLacot "How is that a penalty?"

Ratings:
    +153 / 1 / -9
    Tell Scy to shut his whore mouth if he's not going to mention me.

No Streaming Account
  14. xCOACH_19

xCOACH_19 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    coachx19#0
    Ratings:
    +519 / 22 / -60
    Oh yeah I forgot Odie can defend the Right Side, Left Side, and score all the goals all by himself. How dumb of me to forget

• Like Like x 1
    • Old Old x 1
    Coachx19
  15. Flapjack8796

Flapjack8796 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Flappy#0924
    Ratings:
    +669 / 8 / -20
    Worst performer here

Flapjack8796
  16. Chipy-ox

Chipy-ox Should be worth 11 mil at least - Mitts

Discord:
    Chipy-ox#0918
    Ratings:
    +588 / 146 / -171
    HAHAHAHHAHHAHHHAHHAHAHHA what a shitter

• Get Good Get Good x 1
    chipyox
  17. The_0verthinker_

The_0verthinker_ Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,197 / 105 / -166
    Im overpaid and overrated. Its hard to step up when you have broken ankles like me

• Funny Funny x 1
    No Streaming Account
  18. The_0verthinker_

The_0verthinker_ Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,197 / 105 / -166
    No Streaming Account
  19. xLeGenDaRyy-

xLeGenDaRyy- Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 3 / -44

Thanks for the shout, I remember you from my NaS days, only a handful of people still around from back then, nice to see some old heads still kickin around. Send me a friend invite.

• Get Good Get Good x 1
    xlegendaryyx
  20. Spray_and_pray_

Spray_and_pray_ Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Spray&Pray#1055
    Ratings:
    +536 / 35 / -62
    Awesome write up.

better20yearsago