What do you guys think..?

Discussion in 'E-Sports Hockey League' started by l Hobbs l, Jun 28, 2019.

1. l Hobbs l

l Hobbs l Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 24 / -19
    Note: I am fairly new to LG so I am not very fluent in all of the rules. I just play the game man! Also, not looking for any sympathy, or "suck it up, you lost" comments. Just wondering if there is a violation here or maybe just a loop hole in the rules.

Period 1:
    They had lag out at 10:40
    Restarted game at 1040 (natty up 1-0 before restart)

Period 2 no lag outs

Period 3 game finished tied 2-2 (2-1 in game so the game thinks it's over) when game finished we they still had 1:15 left on PP

OT: game was restarted to play OT. We needed to first take a penalty to reflect that they had a PP going into OT. The puck is then ragged down to a 1:15 PP.

What do you guys think should happen?
    1. Puck should be dumped out in the neutral zone to create a center faceoff. OT would officially start after that.

2. The team on the PP should be awarded with the puck while they rag it to a 1:15PP and they get to skate down the ice at us

3. Other (explain in comment)

*SPOILER*
    What happened in the game was event #2 and they ended up scoring with-in 10 seconds of skating it in at us. RIP :(

• Get Good Get Good x 3
    OhHobbs
  2. SweetLou9208

SweetLou9208 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    SweetLou#9373
    Ratings:
    +5,393 / 162 / -406
    It's always been an "unwritten rule" apparently (all of us thought it was an actual rule) to flick the puck out.

Lag out, quit at first whistle.

Restart game, take PIM off draw (flick it out)

If there were 2 PIMs and you had to run it down, we ALWAYS have flicked it out for a faceoff again

I don't fault the newer 6s guys for not knowing this but it's just been something that always happened in LGHL AHL CHL Esports and Pro Series.

The other teams shouldn't of been goofs and not paying attention but the main issue was for you guys and them to communicate with each other one what was suppose to happen and what was going to happen.

• Winner Winner x 1
    SweeT9LoU84
  3. APsychicTaco

APsychicTaco Scrub Goalie Supreme

Ratings:
    +3,959 / 189 / -263
    It wasn't an unwritten rule. It was 100% on the rules list, at least during the time of Jonlol's tenure. It had to be deleted by oversight. Having games restart with a proper faceoff has been the de facto method for nearly a decade.

It should be replayed. The rule should be on paper AGAIN (no idea why it was deleted). And Brodie shouldn't belittle other teams in the pms trying to communicate the issue.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    APsychicTaco
  4. cnumartyr85

cnumartyr85 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +197 / 2 / -8
    Games start with a faceoff. Literally every game I've had restarts in you wind the time down and toss it out. I can remember arguments about the team tossing it out too soon and getting an extra 10 seconds of power play.

Maybe it was a gentleman's rule. But it was always done.

• Like Like x 1
    cnumartyr
  5. Tayerrrrr

Tayerrrrr Sup my dude

Discord:
    mxtayer#2502
    Ratings:
    +273 / 31 / -57
    Stay in 3s plz

• Get Good Get Good x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
    Mxtayer