Season 20 Power Rankings Week 5

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming Basketball Association (Discontinued)' started by Im Tom, Jun 29, 2019.

?

Who do you think will take the last two playoff spots?

Poll closed Jul 4, 2019.
  1. Mavs

19 vote(s)
    70.4%
  2. Jazz

5 vote(s)
    18.5%
  3. 76ers

16 vote(s)
    59.3%
  4. Wizards

8 vote(s)
    29.6%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Im Tom

Im Tom Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +166 / 4 / -9
    #1 X:team100: Phoenix Suns :shock:- The streak is over, 15 straight and 18 of 19 is the reason that they're the top team going into the last week of the season finishing the week 5-1. Top to bottom they might have the most complete roster in the league and it's hard to have locker room issues when you're winning games week-in week-out. With @OFG Twice coming out of nowhere and now heading up their first line, on top of @VenomOnFire running what's probably the best second line in the league. They have one last week to iron things out and they'll be a force come playoffs, that being said they're not bulletproof, the streak was ended in a 12 point loss to Miami where they were outscored 23-10 in the 4th quarter. That being said this is really a 1a and 1b situation. They have a very tough final 6 games, playing Toronto, Denver, New York and LA, so this is where they can cement themselves as the top team in the league.

#2 X :team105: Toronto Raptors :D- This is the first of the teams that uprooted their roster last week, and a couple of people were ready to count them out as a top team in the league, but after a 5-1 week where their only loss came from a disconnect loss to Miami. They did have a relatively easy week and they'll need a strong last week to hold off Miami's push to hold onto that #1 spot in the east and in the league with a big game against the Suns next week that will most likely decide who wins the season. Their first line is still among the best in the league and have only dropped 2 or 3 games on the season with @Coach Denham boasting an impressive 15-2 record, that being said they only really have 5 losses on the season so clearly the second line, run by @NfldTim have also been a force, if they can iron things out and get ready for the playoffs they should look good in the post season. Moderately tough last week, finish strong.

#3 X :team92: Miami Heat :shock:- Consistency has been key for the Heat this season, they finish another week 4-2 with tough losses to Denver and Boston, then bouncing back with a big win against the Suns to cap off the week. Their first line is very good, but it's confusing to place them, in one week they managed to beat a team on a 15 game win streak, yet also lost to the last place team in the league and to a struggling 1st line in Denver. The key to their first line winning has been put on the backs of @Sam F N STACKS and @RiCo505 and when teams have shut down those two players its either a close game or they lose, I don't know if they're really just a 2 person team, if they only have depth at those two positions or if that's just what their team has bought into. Regardless they're still at top 3 team in the league and shouldn't be taken lightly. They have a relatively difficult week coming up with games against Dallas, LA, New York and Denver, their first line will be tested this week, let's see how they do.

#4 X :team97: New York Knicks :mad:- Another one of the teams that shook up their entire roster last week, they ended up finishing the week 3-3 with tough losses to the Suns and Clippers on top of a ff loss to the Celtics. You may be wondering, "how is this team #4, they're 3-7 in their past 10 they got worse" this league, come playoff's lies entirely on a teams 1st line, and this team has arguably the best line in the league when everyone's playing, @th4 x w4ll . Of the three teams that shook up their roster this team definitely got the best bang for their buck with @I Murked I seemingly being done for the season. We already know that their first line has good chemistry so it'll be interesting to see how they do in their last week against a couple of good teams. At this point they'll finish 3rd in the east barring a crazy week, they've got the Nuggets, Heat and Suns this week and could really make a statement heading into the playoffs.

#5 X :team84: Denver Nuggets :mad:- A rough week all around, they started the week getting blown out by the Celtics, managed to beat a very good Miami line and then got blown out for the rest of the week including 2 losses to the Mavericks ending the week 1-5. ("BuT wHy ArE tHeY #5 tHeN" I'll explain in the Clippers section). This team reminds me a lot of Miami, they have a first line that relies on their best 2 players @D Andoo99 & @EveryThingNike1 and when these two players are shut down they just lose games because of the system they run, they also have a sub par second line that has shown that they can be beat by worse teams first lines. But as I just mentioned in the Knicks section, the playoffs ride on your first line and if you don't have the defenders to cover Andoo & Nike they will beat you. They have almost as tough of a final week as a team could get playing LA (important game), New York, Phoenix & Miami. Who they play in the first round will be decided this week.

#6 :team89: X LA Clippers :D- The Clippers look like they've turned around their season, they went 6-0 this week and are 14-2 in their last 16 right? I'm not sold, I was doing some research this week about something I'm going to be writing after the rankings and I stumbled onto something. The Clippers have not beat any of the top 5 teams 1st lines this season, I had to double check that, they've beaten the Knicks twice, the Nuggets, the Heat and the Raptors this season but in none of those games they played a teams best line. Don't get my wrong I'm not out here saying that they're not a good team, I'm actually saying the opposite, they are a top team, you should be putting out your best lines against this team, they will beat you if you don't. The Beta boys have a strong first line that @NetsOnFire only made stronger, and now that they've secured themselves a playoff spot they have a chance to show everyone that they mean business in the last week of the season. They play the Nuggets, Heat, Raptors and Suns this week and will most likely play a couple of their first lines so we'll get to see how good they really are.

#7 :team83: Dallas Mavericks :D- What a solid week for the Mavs, for a minute it looked like the moves they made may have put their playoff hopes in jeopardy but they turned it right around winning out and finishing 4-2 on the week, headlined by two big wins against Denver with one coming against their top line with help from @lm SchIeep @Hope Legacyy & @ScottLAX18. The extent to how far this team could go in the playoff's is unknown right now but at them moment they just have to win 2 games to clinch that final spot in the West. With a good final push they could possibly pass either the Clippers or Nuggets with a strong week and a stumble from either team because I don't think any team would really want to play the suns right now in the first round. Their last week includes two big games against the Heat and Raptors but either than that they have a pretty winnable week, I'm curious to see if this team can keep getting better cuz they could be scary.

#8 :team99: Philadelphia 76ers :mad:- You may have noticed an extra space between 7 & 8, I think at this point the teams drop off a little bit but nevertheless there is still one more playoff spot in the East and right now the 76ers are in it. After their 4-2 first week they have yet to have a positive week finishing this week 1-5, and have currently lost 14 of their last 18 games, they have a couple of good players in @im just a squid & @pr0fit3 but consistently no one else has really shown up on their team. If they have the availability to match their best line against their weakest opponents this week they might have a shot at holding onto that last playoff spot, then hope for an upset in the first round. That being said that have a really tough week, New York, Dallas, LA & Toronto will give them some tough games but if they match up against some 2nd lines and play some good ball they could possibly get back to their winning ways before playoffs start.

#9 :team106: Utah Jazz :mad:- From start to finish this team has struggled, it's tough to win games off the back of one player and @xRICKOSHAY, although averaging almost a double double, just hasn't been able to carry them as far as they'd hoped. He's been in on 8 of their 9 wins this season and their only win this week (1-5) but wait because you're not mathematically out of the playoffs yet, they're 8 points out so they still have something to play for and if they get matched up against some second lines they shouldn't count themselves out just yet. They have a tough week with a final game against the Mavs that could be huge if they show up this week. Make it interesting boys.

#10 :team107: Washington Wizards :mad:- They've shown glimpses this year, but this week it just disappeared they went 0-6 and gave up their hold on that last playoff spot in the East. I still believe that this team has a decent first line, if they put out their best line they can definitely win some games and if they can hope to play some second lines this week and sneak out some wins they could steal back that last playoff spot. That being said they play 4 playoff teams this week so it's going to be easier said than done, but regardless it's the only close playoff spot left so I'm excited to see what happens.

#11 :team80: Boston Celtics :D- What a week for the Celtics, if I had told you at the start of the week that Boston would go 4-2 and would give losses to the Nuggets, Heat & Knicks you would have said that I had gone mad, but they did it. This was a case of sub par or second lines being put out thinking that it was a free win against a bad team but the Celtics absolutely blew out the Nuggets and stole a game against RiCo and the Heat, @D Rise 1 was the consistent factor in these games and as I said last week the only place they had to go was up and that's exactly what they did. Your reward is playing the Raptors, Suns, Heat, Mavs and Nuggets, good luck.

#12 :team103: San Antonio Spurs :shock:- There's really not much to say here, they had a really tough week so their 1-5 finish isn't too much of a surprise, they only moved down because of Bostons good week. @Two Lag Shots has gotten respect this whole year that has left him with a 4-12 record but there is an upside. They have a week that could see them going positive, they have games that will are going to be huge on the last few playoff spots that are left and they could really play the spoiler role this week, they could single handedly impact which team takes the last playoff spot in the East so don't think that they have nothing to play for.

Drama Time

So for the past couple of weeks I've been doing my quickshot MVP choice but this week I did some research and my opinion has really been changed, I'm going to present all of this information and let you make your own decision, I should preface this with if you don't care about who wins the MVP you can stop reading now, cuz that's all I'm going to be talking about. (So here's my hot take)

I don't think @VenomOnFire deserves the MVP at this point in the season. Now I know what a lot of people are going to say "you're the one that's been putting him as your MVP wtf are you talking about".

I'm going to create a separate post about the MVP race going into the last week of the season because I don't think its as set in stone as many people think it is right now. So if you're interested in what I have to say on the topic keep an eye out for that post.

Good luck to everyone in the last week of the season, next week I'm going to do Playoff power rankings.

• Like Like x 3
    No Streaming Account
  2. Hope l27l

Hope l27l Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +207 / 18 / -18
    Thanks for the mention and the great write-ups, keep doing these types of things, they are fun to read :)

• Like Like x 1
    HopeLegacyy
  3. Im Tom

Im Tom Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +166 / 4 / -9
    Thanks man, preciate it

No Streaming Account
  4. MINICHUD MASON

MINICHUD MASON Well-Known Member

Discord:
    minichudmason#0
    Ratings:
    +66 / 5 / -32
    The best part is thet Twice told us that he couldn't play this season fore he cant be out during game times, yet the suns still wanted and magically he can play all agems. I guess I should put in the removal form instead. Last time I let Mike make a call.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    Minichud_Mason
  5. Im Tom

Im Tom Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +166 / 4 / -9
    Grammar needs some work but you make a good point, it’s hard when a guy only wants to play for one specific team and won’t play if he’s not on it

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
    No Streaming Account
  6. Big Pete x 2

Big Pete x 2 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    Should be instant removal if anybody tells an owner that and can magically play multiple games a week

• Like Like x 1
    Ibigipete
  7. Im Tom

Im Tom Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +166 / 4 / -9
    Or maybe a rule like the real NBA where there’s a period after you get signed where you can’t be traded, maybe both

No Streaming Account
  8. ova experienced

ova experienced Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Eh...........Twice said he couldn't play early in season before he signed up in party chats. DJ and Loose said they could but Life happens so they rarely play now and they are our first line players

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  9. ele905

ele905 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    ele7773#0
    Ratings:
    +717 / 14 / -22
    So should it be an instant removal for the manager for trading a player they thought was inactive or???

When twice got traded to us I asked what happened and he said he told them he couldn’t play that week and then boom; they accept the trade that they agreed to literally a week before

If you claim he told you he couldn’t play then wouldn’t that be trading in bad faith ?

• Winner Winner x 2
  10. ova experienced

ova experienced Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Like I said we have two first liners who couldn't play when they said they could so it's same as someone who said they couldn't play and now can. Circumstances change for people. Is his overall higher than most on team ? If so I wouldn't have traded him. Play or sit but I'm not an owner !

No Streaming Account
  11. Big Pete x 2

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0

No if said player said he can’t play multiple weeks In general its a different story compared to just 1 week.

Ibigipete
  12. Big Pete x 2

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0

It should 100% come down on only the player unless there is proof of any type of tampering or anything regarding that. Which nobody is claiming. There should be a not tolerance policy period for players that tell owners they can only play 1-2 games a week or can only play 1 night etc only to be traded and be available for almost max. That’s a different story. Which I don’t even know this dudes avail I’m just speaking in the general sense

Ibigipete