Season 20 Power Rankings Week 6 - Playoffs

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming Basketball Association (Discontinued)' started by Im Tom, Jul 6, 2019.

?

Who's your pick for the Larry OB

Poll closed Jul 11, 2019.
  1. Raptors

6 vote(s)
    21.4%
  2. Heat

8 vote(s)
    28.6%
  3. Suns

2 vote(s)
    7.1%
  4. Knicks

3 vote(s)
    10.7%
  5. Nuggets

1 vote(s)
    3.6%
  6. Clippers

1 vote(s)
    3.6%
  7. Mavericks

3 vote(s)
    10.7%
  8. Wizards

4 vote(s)
    14.3%
  1. Im Tom

Im Tom Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +166 / 4 / -9
    #1 Toronto Raptors :team105: The Raps had a strong season from start to finish, they jumped out to a league lead from week one and never looked back finishing #1 in the league. They put out two strong lines throughout the entire season and will look to carry that momentum going into the playoffs. Their first line regulars include @Im Tom , @Coach Denham , @Easy Macaroni & @Beardo526 , I’d place them among the best lines in the league, they’ll be tough to beat in a full series with how much defense they bring. They’re playing a Wizards team in the first round that is absolutely no pushover, they’ll have to bring their A game against the Wiz who made a statement push in the last 4 games of the season to take that final playoff spot in the East their record on the season is 3-0. This team will lean heavily on their second line to close out series and give them as many chances as possible to win that Larry O B. My prediction - Raps in 3.

#2 Miami Heat :team92: They had a formula for success at the beginning of the season and stuck to it week in and week out, cleary it was a pretty good one as they finished with the #2 spot in the league and the East. @Sam F N STACKS & @RiCo505 carried them the entire season, throw in a couple of role players like @Mike Is A Goat & @MINICHUD MASON and they've got a pretty good first line. The question still comes from their lack of depth, their not the type of team that can rely on wins from their second line and have shown that if you can shut down their two bigs they're beatable. They match up against the Knicks in my most anticipated matchup of the first round, its going to be a complete matchup of their first lines and according to their 3-0 record against them in the season they might just have the advantage. My prediction - Knicks in 4.

#3 Phoenix Suns :team100: Depth, Depth, Depth, this team is arguably the deepest roster in the league boasting a second line that would probly beat most teams first lines. A crazy mid season push that cemented them as a top 4 team in the league saw them finish with the #3 spot in the league and #1 in the West. They have a roster full of guys including @VenomOnFire , @OFG Twice , @Il Bandana lI & @Just Djay are all players that can light you up if they have a mismatch. This is another team that you will need to bring two strong lines out against and are going to give you a lot of stress in a full series. They match up against the Mavericks in the first round, playoffs are a whole different beast and the Mavs have been on a tear, they hold the slight season advantage at 2-1 this season. It'll be interesting to see how they come back from their first slip up in a while with their 3-3 week, regardless they're the team to beat in the West. My prediction - Suns in 3.

#4 New York Knicks :team97: This team is one line, but it might just be the best line. @th4 x w4ll has put together his ideal line along side @Raynor , @officialmark07 and @Tb ToXiC , guys that will just get out of his way and let him do his thing. They really don't have much depth as their best bench player might be Murked, although the word is that he has severe availability issues that saw him come back to the Knicks for relatively nothing. So although their second line might not put up much of a fight you'll still need to steal a game from that first line which is much easier said than done. They match up against a Miami team in the first round that has had their number all season sitting 0-3 against them. Their big question is just how far that first line can get them. I say it'll take them past the Heat in 4.

#5 Denver Nuggets :team84: Broken record here, this team is the same that they've been every week since the start of the season, a very strong first line lead by @D Andoo99 ft. @EveryThingNike1 & @ShawtyIsNumba1 . They took a couple of huge games in the final day of the season retaining that #2 seed in the east after forfeiting the first half of games, avail has never seemed to be an issue and I don't see it continuing. They will match up against the Clippers in the first round in another very interesting 2 vs 3 matchup, a 1-1 record minus a FF means that this could be a very close series. This team will go as far as their first line will take them, but beating the same line 3 times is going to be an obstacle to overcome for these one line teams. My prediction - Denver in 5.

#6 LA Clippers :team89: How much of an impact this team can make in the playoffs is still up in the air, if you're going to pick a darkhorse right now this is the team to choose. They found they're rhythm throughout the season and with their slow start finished in the #3 spot in the West. They're lead by the full @Beta clan and have traded for a lot of depth that will help them stretch out some series against some tough teams. They face off against the Nuggets in the first round and even though they're 1-1 against the Nugs they have yet to throw a lineup out against @D Andoo99 this season, they do though have a lineup littered with locks that could give the Nugs a very hard time, so this one is going to be interesting. I keep jumping back and forth for this one but I still have to say Denver in 5.

#7 Dallas Mavericks :team83: This team burst out from the basement a couple of weeks ago and almost stole the #3 spot in the West from the Clippers, but as the #4 seed they're going to have to keep stepping it up. @TheRealProcess has quietly averaged almost 22 points a game, and he's a part of a formidable first line that they'll put out against the Suns who they'll play in the first round. If their first line could manage to steal a game or two they'll have to lean heavily on @Yxnnis , although he may be 1-3 he's put up good numbers against some very good competition and could possibly help them stay in the series. This one could get very out of hand, or could be a surprisingly close series from start to finish and I don't really see much room in between as the season series finished 1-2. Still, I think the Suns come out strong and win it in 3.

#8 Washington Wizards :team107: This team has potential I repeat this team has potential, I've said it all year and I'll say it again this team is close, they can put out a very tough first line and that's all you really need come playoffs, they may be the #4 seed in the East but with a huge win against the Knicks first line last night they showed that they may have put it all together at the best possible time. They play the Raps in the first round and I still have to give the edge in first and second lines to the Raps based on their 0-3 seasonal record but its not as wide as you might think. @OG GrandPoppa & @Viktomize are a deadly 1,2 punch and clearly they've got some defense to slow down opposing offences. Although I think they're going to be some very close games I still have to go with the Raps in 3.

Comment below who you think will win each matchup and in how many games.

• Like Like x 3
    No Streaming Account
  2. Mike Is A Goat

Mike Is A Goat Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 1 / -2
    Im Tom: The Heat is the 2nd best team in the league. They are 3-0 against the Knicks.
    Conclusion: Knicks in 4?
    Me: lololololol! lmfao!

• Get Good Get Good x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
    No Streaming Account
  3. Im Tom

Im Tom Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +166 / 4 / -9
    The placements are based on overall standing in the league, not by my personal ranking, if you don't like it then beat them

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  4. CalderCubs14

CalderCubs14 Chat Mute/Forum Mute - No Buy-Out

Ratings:
    +144 / 19 / -30
    We ain’t last doe :) that’s a W in my book

caldercubs
  5. Skizzostone

Skizzostone Well-Known Member

Discord:
    skizzostone#0
    Ratings:
    +713 / 82 / -51
    We went 0-3 against the raps but 1 of those games we actually won by almost 40. But we the North right?

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  6. Mike Is A Goat

Mike Is A Goat Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 1 / -2
    bro, if your decision was based on the overall standing in the league, not by your personal ranking, then it should be Heat in 4, not Knicks.

• Dumb Dumb x 1
    No Streaming Account
  7. NfldTim

NfldTim Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +34 / 1 / -0
    how did you win by 40? You took the L because you broke the rules. You are BOG, act it.

• Winner Winner x 1
    No Streaming Account
  8. MINICHUD MASON

MINICHUD MASON Well-Known Member

Discord:
    minichudmason#0
    Ratings:
    +66 / 5 / -32
    Besides you saying Knicks in 4 keep up the work fam, lord knows I wouldn't have a patience to do these every week.

• Like Like x 3
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
    Minichud_Mason
  9. Skizzostone

Skizzostone Well-Known Member

Discord:
    skizzostone#0
    Ratings:
    +713 / 82 / -51
    Technically Terry broke the rules, if you think we "planned" that you're on glue. I stated a fact. We went 0-3 but 1 of them we won but had to FF.

Didn't know being a BoG meant you couldn't comment on forums lol tuff

No Streaming Account
  10. NfldTim

NfldTim Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +34 / 1 / -0
    tuff? tuff is telling your players to stay quiet because you knew they were on illegal builds. Shhhhhhhiittt

No Streaming Account
  11. ele905

ele905 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    ele7773#0
    Ratings:
    +717 / 14 / -22
    The reality is it’s too hard to predict winners or series without seeing full lines.

I don’t think I line matched once this season. Come playoffs it’s a different beast.

I love Toronto; and think they’re incredible but the east is stacked: raptors, Miami or Knicks could win the ship.

My opinion, Knicks come out of east. Knicks were one of those teams that kinda half assed it and knows how good they are. Playoffs will be a different beast when teams are marching lines.

I love Tom, and denham and all the guys on the raps but wall is scary and anytime you have someone as good as him you could win a series easily .

Once teams start scheduling to win, and not just scheduling to play we will be surprised. We shit on the nuggets all year and I think Friday was their first time having their REAL first line and they dominated us.

Too hard to judge because nobody has been scheduling to win all season.

• Winner Winner x 3
    Entering an Online Game
    ele905
  12. BigJay x89

BigJay x89 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    bigjayy#0
    Ratings:
    +1,865 / 93 / -94
    4 teams have a legit shot at it. 1 or 2 others are also right there. Thats not bad for a starting league to have a bunch of competitive teams.
    Best of luck to everyone

• Winner Winner x 2
    No Streaming Account
  13. Im Tom

Im Tom Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +166 / 4 / -9
    @Mike Is A Goat @MINICHUD MASON The # rankings are how the teams finished overall in the league, the Predictions are my personal predictions of who will win the series.
    @Schizostone you put you're best possible line out (which was illegal) against our second line, they knew it was an auto win from the start
    @ele905 yeah at this point its just a matter of who's first line is better, the only issue with the Knicks is that if you can steal 1 game from their first line they should lose the series cuz they have no second line. In a series against Miami who also has no second line I can see them cruising, but against a team like Toronto or Phoenix its going to go the distance and be a competitive series.

No Streaming Account
  14. Dangs92

Dangs92 Fuck Off

Discord:
    dangs92#0
    Ratings:
    +519 / 49 / -69
    this tom guy hasn't mentioned me once :(

Dangs92
  15. Im Tom

Im Tom Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +166 / 4 / -9
    @Dangs92 I mean I already technically did tag you, if you catch my drift ;)

No Streaming Account
  16. Dangs92

Dangs92 Fuck Off

Discord:
    dangs92#0
    Ratings:
    +519 / 49 / -69
    CHILL

Dangs92
  17. Big Pete x 2

Big Pete x 2 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    Literally all you have to do against a 5 out is put an average defender on the ball. Stick a lock or rim on the worst corner shooter and the moment the guy Isoing gets past the defender just switch immediately to the corner shooter. It’s almost impossible to guard a 5 out straight up. cuz anybody with a brain can score If they momentum dribble for 20+ seconds tryna get open lol. That’s why Some of these teams are tough to play cuz half the league tries to straight up defend it lol

Ibigipete
  18. Dreams FF

Dreams FF Free Dreams

Discord:
    dreams2x#0
    Ratings:
    +436 / 86 / -106
    we don’t even play denver but ok

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
    No Streaming Account