Season 5 Current Award Favorites

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming Basketball Association (LGBA)' started by MpLs Anderson, Jul 16, 2019.

1. Kermit-_-Wilts

Kermit-_-Wilts Well-Known Member

Discord:
    MpLs Anderson#5166
    Ratings:
    +628 / 11 / -21
    Just put together a list at quick glance of who currently seems to be in the running for awards this season. Basically the only criteria I had was you had to have at least 10 games played so far this season and you couldn't be like 3-16 or something god awful record wise like that.

MVP- It's pretty clear to me that the favorites for this are @StayFarAway_ATR and @Browness- they are the PG's for the top 2 teams in a game currently where PG's are just about everything.

DPOY- Seems like they're are a few more candidates for this award and I came up with a list of; @ONeill_5 @F0R3IGN_0BJ3KT @coolviper__ @Skip2MyLou2k- I think you can make cases for both viper and Lou but this also seems like a 2 person race when you really look at it between @ONeill_5 and @F0R3IGN_0BJ3KT

Now to the ALL NBA TEAMS not sure if they are doing just 2 teams again or 3 teams this season but these are the guys that stood out to me. I put they in categories of guards, forwards and centers. These are in no order either.

Guards:
    @StayFarAway_ATR 14-5
    @Browness- 17-2
    @Juma023 9-4
    @NEWFIEBOY94 11-6
    @coolviper__ 14-6
    @ttp-21- 13-5
    @ONeill_5 16-3

Forwards:
    @Bigshots_ATR 15-3
    @F0R3IGN_0BJ3KT 15-3
    @Thatsonnip 8-3
    @ihamncheesei 15-2
    @Simplyfaded34 9-5
    @Twitch-Dirk5 15-2
    @Furix24 10-10
    @Coast3113 14-6

Centers:
    @Da24Truth 14-5
    @MpLs Anderson 16-3
    @Reggie 6-6
    @Skip2MyLou2k- 9-6

• Like Like x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 2
    MpLsAnDeRsOn
  2. shervinz

shervinz Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    :)

No Streaming Account
  3. Complex_Point

Complex_Point Future Points and Turnovers Leader

Ratings:
    +16 / 1 / -10
    I'd argue for Furi as a center too, Pure rim :p where the fuck is cerb though fr fr, like he's better than all those chumps. You also forgot to put scholz as a joke too man cmon now. Honestly I'd put browness as the clear mvp. better record, comparable stats (especially if you remove the outliers *cough* 64 point game against a miami team that chooses not to guard a pure sharp *cough*, which results in stay averaging about 24.8 points). Just from playing against stay, He's very reliant on screens and off ball movement, which isn't a bad thing, whereas browness is the floor general of the best team in the league and plays like it. Roty goes to stay though. I'd give Oneill DPoy even though he played multiple games at the point, as he was always a contributor defensively regardless of the player he used, and led the league in steals by a fairly wide margin with 4.2 per game. I think furi atleast deserves an honorable mention though :/. 6moy I'd give to Sonnip for his contributions on both ends, I'm not completely sure who'll is on everyone's second line but regardless he's my pick. Executive of the year and coach of the year goes to Shorey Szn, and unless something changes in the next week I'm the mute champion.Also not sure how u missed L3gacy, as he's At the very least better than Newfie.

No Streaming Account
  4. Browness-

Browness- Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Browness-#6166
    Ratings:
    +147 / 17 / -20
    At the end of the day whether or not I get MVP doesnt matter.

I assembled this super squad for 2 things. 1 to go undefeated (thanks Chicago for playing your main line against our 2nd string... and Milwaukee for having a post scorer that is unstoppable)

But more importantly was to win a championship so individual accolades dont matter

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    browness90
  5. Complex_Point

Ratings:
    +16 / 1 / -10
    Truth isn’t unstoppable. You just have to be shitty enough to close your mind and only think about him when he has the ball, rather than considering team defense. Fortunately I’m just the right level of shitty.

No Streaming Account
  6. iTzShoooK

iTzShoooK The King of LGBA

Discord:
    itzshoook#0
    Ratings:
    +15 / 1 / -0
    Nothing against Browness but Stayfaraway is the clear MVP. He has made chemistry with a line he didnt know coming in. Browness couldnt do that last season with ppl he didnt know on toronto. Not all his fault, but its a big deal. Took him to make a team with his friends to be in the MVP talk.The reason this league is complicated is because people cant always play with friends.

Manager of the year award, ill give it to him. Even though i did a good job as well his results speak for themselves. And if stay does win MVP it isn't by much. But he still should win it considering one on one Browness and his actual TEAM cant beat Stay and the team he just met. That's a big deal.

Not talking shit just facts, Stay came in and only knew Bigshots. Imagine if he had all his ATR squad join the league and managed a team. They WOULD go undefeated. Lmao

Probably not, but still its about what you have to work with and Browness controlled his team, and line ups. Stay had no control over who he played with and when and still managed to dominate more than anyone in the league.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2019
    iTzShoooK
  7. Browness-

Discord:
    Browness-#6166
    Ratings:
    +147 / 17 / -20
    Last season I went 19.6 ppg and 6.8 apg with literally no offensive scheme at all and only 3 people on the roster with an above 50% win in rec center... so to say I was nothing is a bit much.

As for having my entire team and blah blah.

Seb I met last season on Toronto didnt know him before that
    Scholz met last season on Toronto didnt know him before that
    Prideordie randomly assigned to my TC realized he was good and got him a roster spot
    Ipoopcrayons played a 1 walk on game with him and decided to trade for him
    Dirk didnt know him at all just saw his stats last season and drafted him
    Mplsanderson ran this league season 1 and 2... so anyone who did any homework would of knew of him. But yes 1 of my guys
    Hamncheese anyone who played NHL would of known who we was as hes been around awhile but yes 1 of my guys

Oneill and Bhawk yes no chance anyone would of known about them.

So really 2 guys out of a roster of 10 that nobody would of bid on his not really that big of a deal is it?

17-2 vs 15-5 33% of team losses to over 50% of team losses currently (Knicks are 28-6 bucks atm are 23-9)

Head to head yes hes 2-0 but hes avg 13.5 ppg and 6 apg in those matchups against 18 ppg and 6 apg is hardly a win imo... and the last game I never use it as an excuse but it literally felt like I was in quicksand alas that's how its gonna be sometimes.
    So he wasnt ever a reason Milwuakee won either of those games
    Overall

He has me in ppg with 26.8 (his big games inflating his numbers are against weak teams) vs 23.1 ppg against every teams top line all year

And I got him with 8.7 apg vs 6.8 apg which equals a minimum of 4 extra points per game.

Turnovers are about the same at 2.2 and 2.3 respectively however as stated against anyone good he gets the ball out of his hands as fast as possible so not really a "point guard" if you cant bring the ball up.

Hes good I'll give him that... but to think hes clear cut MVP over me is super bias. And No they would not go undefeated because alas they would still have to play the Knicks

browness90
  8. Complex_Point

Ratings:
    +16 / 1 / -10
    Lol browness is the clear mvp. Exec I’d argue browness for as well, but in reality shorey dominated that front as well. The fact that browness made a good team and played well doesn’t mean he shouldn’t be given the award. Harden has deserved it 4 times. He’s lost it multiple times to a worse/bummy player who had a better team around him (curry/giannis) and once to that shitty stat passer who is now his teammate. Having a good team isn’t a disqualifier in any sense of the term. Also you wouldn’t go undefeated because Houston’s still around o_O. Fact is put both players in a void browness wins. Also, if you take out the inflated game(s), stay only beats browness by about 1.5 points, which he generates through assists so yeah. More productive, slightly less efficient, better record.

No Streaming Account
  9. I--Cross--I

I--Cross--I Co-Director of Basketball Operations

Discord:
    Cross#0463
    Ratings:
    +243 / 10 / -33
    It's a good thing you guys don't get votes ;-) leave that to the professionals

No Streaming Account
  10. Complex_Point

Ratings:
    +16 / 1 / -10
    Idk man you think stay is the mvp, professionals finna fail us <\3

No Streaming Account
  11. Kermit-_-Wilts

Kermit-_-Wilts Well-Known Member

Discord:
    MpLs Anderson#5166
    Ratings:
    +628 / 11 / -21
    I like how this at least brought a little activity to the forums at least lol

MpLsAnDeRsOn
  12. iTzShoooK

Discord:
    itzshoook#0
    Ratings:
    +15 / 1 / -0
    I wanna make something very clear. Bigshots, Foreign, Truth and Stay are undefeated this season when the 4 of them are in a line up together. They have never lost and are 2-0 vs the Knicks. Never practicing 2k, Never playing together before this season. Managed by a guy who has never played competitive basketball in his life and is terrible at 2k lmao.

They beat you last game because they knew you would over compensate for Stay which is exactly what you did. You guys never led the game once in the second game. Im confused though, did you guys lose that one from Lag? or from Truth being unstoppable. Btw stay has lagged some games as well. Not gonna go through all of them though because hes got a strong case without it.

Small Note: You put up 26 when we beat you the first time our top lines met. about 15 pts of which was scored in the first quarter. After that, you were shut down for the next 7 quarters combined and have dropped 20pts in that span. They have you on lock lag or not.

Browness you expect me not to acknowledge the huge advantage of you picking your own games, your own supporting cast AND the fact you played a whole LG season with some players and knew others before making your team this season. Stayfaraway has never had the luxury that you are clearly trying to ignore. The ONLY losses that man has is when Management is testing lines for different looks. WHICH IS SOMETHING YOU DIDNT HAVE TO DO HENCE YOUR RECORD. You have lost 2 games with your starting line. STAY HAS LOST NONE AND BEAT YOU TWICE. Jesus we tested a line vs yall with Curlew on it and we lost by 4, is this a joke?

Stop bringing up the fact he has had big games like that is a detriment to his case? YOU had those opportunities as well. You both played Miami, you dropped 26 he dropped 60. You had 2 other ppl on your team over 10 and NONE over 20.

Stay was at 60, Foreign and Andrew had 20+ each and Truth had 10. Face it bro, he tripled your scoring in that game AND included his team way more. Just because YOU didn't or couldn't do that doesn't mean he gets penalized lmao wtf is this? We gonna ignore that Stays efficiency of shooting demolishes yours? Beats you by 10% in Fg and 12% in 3P. Maybe that has something to do with him outscoring you? Idk, stats and all.

I get it, its frustrating. But stop writing a article saying you don't care about personal accolades then write a book in the forums making your own case for MVP. Its okay to care, i know you do, the league knows you do, and you just showed us you do. You look like Navynick and the Kings thinkin we all stupid.

Ill give you the extra assists, but even with that it equals out in PPG and assists. So he beats you in shooting efficiency by a mile while all season being the biggest defensive target in the league. While also averaging 2 steals a game and you barely average one. All that being said and he has been bounced around the line up trying different looks which explains the record being slightly worse than yours.

Judging a MVP has everything to do with that they had to work with around them. If you don't think so your a idiot. Period.

iTzShoooK
  13. Complex_Point

Ratings:
    +16 / 1 / -10
    Truth ain’t unstoppable. If I can stop him anyone can. Lag doesn’t even matter anyways, unless you’re having your connection cutting off or having to reconnect during the game, all of y’all play on better speeds than me so deal with it.

No Streaming Account
  14. iTzShoooK

Discord:
    itzshoook#0
    Ratings:
    +15 / 1 / -0
    @CC13

No offense bro but you would have had a couple more targets to cover which would have opened up Truth way more. If we played you with our starting 5 you wouldn't stop a soul.

I know you think you know whats up, but lets remember, you thought we were beating the Knicks by luck. Then by the end of the game you were calling Truth a god. That being said though, screw the fact you ended up praising Truth that's not my point at all.

My POINT is as a Owner you thought what you were watching was luck, not game plan. That tells me all i need to know. You didnt know the scheme we were running on offense or defense. If you did you would have mentioned it once and how effective it was. Instead, you defaulted to what most do when they dont understand something. Chance or Luck.

You don't know what to look for or what your looking at in real time. Also your clear disregard for Bigshots being a anchor on our team is why you would get smoked.

If we played the knicks with Half of their starters and made a guy look average, I wouldn't be saying anything because its not a clear representation of what the true comp is between those 2 teams.

The Knicks had a harder line up to deal with while also trying to deal with Truth. You didnt have that problem, hence better success doubling him.

I have LG Management 101 Classes, Saturdays at 1pm if your interested.

iTzShoooK
  15. Complex_Point

Ratings:
    +16 / 1 / -10
    It might’ve opened up the paint for truth a little bit more, even though it as already fairly clear. Doesn’t change the fact that my small as sharp rim shut his ass down. I never said that your guy wasn’t an anchor of the team, I did say it wouldn’t have changed the outcome. I don’t think I ever called truth a god, and if I did it was sarcastically as he just uses post scorer cheese. Keep in mind it was our 2nd line playing most of your first line, we can say some of the same things chief. #Browness4MVP #ShoreyExecOTY

No Streaming Account
  16. iTzShoooK

Discord:
    itzshoook#0
    Ratings:
    +15 / 1 / -0
    Houston would lose by 20 or more against our top line. Facts.

#Imaginetryingtoarguewiththebest #Crossishoustonsowner #Invarienceisdonein2week #youthinkyourwatching10guysrunaroundwithnogameplan

iTzShoooK
  17. Complex_Point

Ratings:
    +16 / 1 / -10
    #CrossisHoustonGM #CCExecOTY #Runas1 #ClutchCity #HookissHook #Truthisalie #Getclosetostayfaraway #BrownessMVP #HoustonvsKnicks #FeartheStubble #MeToo #OurSecondLineBeatMostOfYourFirstLine

No Streaming Account
  18. iTzShoooK

Discord:
    itzshoook#0
    Ratings:
    +15 / 1 / -0
    Your a kid. This will be the last we speak hahaha

Oh and Browness. Rememeber your record last year when you didnt have control ? Remember your stats? Yea, now go look at Stay. Hes in the SAME EXACT position you were last season. Just a good PG doin his job.

Look at how much better your doing statistically this season now that YOU have control. There is a reason for that.

What do you think stay could do next season with his friends? I mean hes beating you right now without control, imagine the uptick in HIS stats if he controlled his own lines.

I dont have to tell you though, YOU ALREADY KNOW!! LOL

iTzShoooK
  19. Complex_Point

Ratings:
    +16 / 1 / -10
    Browness had to deal with me and panda last season. Can’t put that on him

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  20. Browness-

Discord:
    Browness-#6166
    Ratings:
    +147 / 17 / -20
    Your points are completely meaningless.

So curry shouldn't of won back to back mvps in 2015 and 2016 because he was on a super squad?

Yep and that's great I know your gameplan was to run 2 bigs to give mpls issues downlow... good job my plan was also to have either a 6'10 sharp rim or 7'1 rebounding rim along with mpls to deal with the 2 bigs but we didnt have the availability so kudos to having the right people ready and me not having the same.

I have no issues with stay away winning over me as on paper he is deserving but anyone who knows anything about 2k would know who really matters more as our gameplan never changes.. and it will most likely be him anyways so I dont know why your worried about it as most people.who matter making the votes dont like me lol

browness90