Season 5 Current Award Favorites

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming Basketball Association (LGBA)' started by MpLs Anderson, Jul 16, 2019.

1. Browness-

Browness- Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Browness-#6166
    Ratings:
    +147 / 17 / -20
    Knicks will just win the championship and take off in the sunset

Edit..

And my bad for getting people I know to come play in the league.... I DIDNT KNOW WE WERENT TRYING TO GROW THE LEAGUE LOL

And if I remember correctly before the season started when I said I got all my guys I wanted thanks .. everyone in the managers chat said they got who they wanted too and we would be a cake walk.. so gtfoh

browness90
  2. Complex_Point

Complex_Point Future Points and Turnovers Leader

Ratings:
    +16 / 1 / -10
    Curry shouldn’t have won it the first year. Harden deserved it. He absolutely deserved it undoubtedly the second, as he had a year so great it could rival Harden’s own.

No Streaming Account
  3. iTzShoooK

iTzShoooK The King of LGBA

Discord:
    itzshoook#0
    Ratings:
    +15 / 1 / -0
    Stay wins MVP. Browness close second.

iTzShoooK
  4. Complex_Point

Ratings:
    +16 / 1 / -10
    Browness Wins MVP. Stay close second. Browness and Stay both making all league first team as the 2 guards. Hook should know already that I'm a fan of Stay's success. Before he did anything I tried to steal him but he said no </3, but this is totally unbiased. I took the time to actually go through the stats and calculate out any outliers either party might have. Specifically in relation to ppg, apg, and spg. What I found was that while StayFarAway is absolutely scoring more points per game, if you remove their outliers, they're only averaging 25.3ppg, as opposed to 27.1, (only outlier was the 64 point game, 41 point game was within bounds*). As for Assists and Steals, StayFar has no outliers in the assists category, with their 8 steal game being their only outlier there, which brings the average down to 2 steals a game when removed. Now on to Browness. Browness had no outliers in any of those categories besides steals, which they had 2 (a 3 steal and 4 steal game) of, which calculate out to almost .6 steals per game when removed. Effectively what this means is that while Stay did have more raw production, their raw totals were greatly padded by the 64 point game, while Browness' stats have remained constant throughout, as he's only had one truly statistically bad game this season, which is his most recent against the bucks, as otherwise his stats have either been above his average or he's led them to the win without putting up big numbers. What I would like to look at is their respective stats against playoff teams. To do this, I just took out the games which involved non playoff teams for both parties. Doing so revealed Stay averaging 23.88 ppg across these matchups, with browness coming close with 22.36. However, when you compare the Assists Per Game in these scenarios, while ATR averages 6.76, Browness averages 9.22, which is more than a full assist more than their average, while ATR's actually decreases, and if you care about efficiency, which you should, both parties' shooting splits decreased by comparable amounts in these matchups. And hey I understand that not all playoff teams are equal, so I also took the liberty of compiling similar stats which represent matchups against .500+ teams (NYK MIL DET SAC HOU and CHI*). This results in both parties having about a .2 ppg increase, very minimal, without a significant change in efficiency. Both also have very similar Standard Deviations with their scoring, with about 7.4 points for ATR, and 6.4 points for Browness, which indicates that Browness is slightly more consistent scoring wise in these matchups, while ATR can go off or be a bit slower, though the difference isn't great. This is the first post a atleast 2, I'm going to be going in depth into specific matchups and how each player performed against them momentarily.

No Streaming Account
  5. iTzShoooK

Discord:
    itzshoook#0
    Ratings:
    +15 / 1 / -0
    Dude nobody cares what your writing because your credibility means nothing. You saw 2 top teams playing and one getting beat and thought it was luck. You forfeited your right for us to take you serious. Im sorry brotha.

Moving on.

iTzShoooK
  6. Complex_Point

Ratings:
    +16 / 1 / -10
    When your center is taking contested layups constantly and making them, that is luck, as it is by nature determined by the Game's RNG. That aspect of the game was absolutely impacted by luck. However, I also said and have said multiple times that Truth used Post Scorer Cheese. He drop stepped and repeatedly took contested layups, I watched the goddamn game chief. I play center, if he was making the bullshit that truth made that game I'd be pissed too. I hope you realize that as little credibility I have, you have about as much. You're the weakest link on your team. Your takes are sometimes too damn hot for even me, though JCTickle's are the hottest (apparently everyone on his team is the GOAT or something, bc otherwise Idk what the fuck he's smoking). The difference between me and you is that while you rely on Conjecture, I bring up numbers. I bring up meaningful numbers, and I contextualize them, rather than being a brain dead kid who sees points and ignores everything else. If you're mad that the numbers don't support your player, then that's unfortunate.

No Streaming Account
  7. Complex_Point

Ratings:
    +16 / 1 / -10
    In this section of my rant, I'm going to be going in depth with the league's best defenders (the 4 DPOY contenders - Lou (he's a bigman), atleast according to MPLS, with foreign and oneill being excluded when necessary as each are on one of the 2 MVP Candidate's teams.)

Browness Vs. Foreign

18/1.5/6/0.5/0 with 3 turnovers and 46.875/31.25 splits across 2 games

Browness Vs. Viper

24/0/8/1/0 with 3 turnovers and 47.058/50 splits across 1 game.

Altogether he averaged 20/1/6.666666667/0.6666666667/0 with 3 turnovers against these players, with splits of 46.9/39.3.

Now as for ATR, he'll be measured against Viper and Oneill, with foreign being excluded like Oneill due to the obvious conflict.

StayFarAwayATR Vs. Viper

19/0/13/1/0 with 3 turnovers on 87.5/83.3 splits across 1 game

StayFarAwayATR Vs. Oneill

13.5/0/6/1/1 with 1 turnover on 52.6/41.6 splits across 2 games (This does not count the game where Oneill used their PG, only the games with his Lock, as Oneill is a DPOY Candidate not for his pg play but his play on the lock.)

Altogether he averaged 15.33/0/8.33/1/0.67 with 1.67 turnovers on 62.96/55.56 splits.

The stats show that both struggled against the top locks of the league, albeit moreso against the Lock's that had been excluded from each other's, with Viper seemingly struggling to matchup with the other two. However, they struggled in contradicting ways, with Browness' efficiency taking a seemingly large hit while his production remained similar, as ATR's production fell greatly but his efficiency took less of a hit. Hate it or Love it, Put the 2 in a void with just their stats and their just about evenly matched. However, I give Browness the edge overall. Browness has a better record, is the best player on the best team, and matches ATR stats wise effectively Blow to Blow. Even though I lack credibility, numbers do not lie, though without context they can mislead. As all the numbers I analyze are put into context, I'm not sure how my credibility has anything to do with it. Your claim sounds like the cry of an owner who wants to make his player happy, when he simply does not deserve the award over Browness. That said, as I've said repeatedly, if Browness and Stay aren't the 1st team guards (both), then it's a joke. Last I checked who gives a fuck if you're a PG or SG. They're far and away the 2 MVP Candidates, no reason either should be denied that.

No Streaming Account
  8. iTzShoooK

Discord:
    itzshoook#0
    Ratings:
    +15 / 1 / -0
    Man you left out so much key info its comical. Keep trying though.

How bout Stay plays with a SG Shot Sharp build, dude cant even drive. Still averages better than everyone in the league lmao Your the only one arguing for Browness bro. I have realized all the people arguing for Stay are competent GMs with success this year. I feel safe in that people who know what they are talking about will make the right decision.

Luckily it isnt you lmao. Dude sees a top team beating another top teams ass and calls it luck, then corrects himself 10minutes later. Jesus, talk about sporadic

iTzShoooK
  9. iTzShoooK

Discord:
    itzshoook#0
    Ratings:
    +15 / 1 / -0
    Your desperation for your opinion to be heard is pathetic, but whats worse is you dont even see it that way. You cant fight the urge. Sad really.

iTzShoooK
  10. Complex_Point

Ratings:
    +16 / 1 / -10
    I believe Browness is the MVP. Nothing is different between what you and me did, except while once again you rely on conjecture, I used numbers and what not. And if you didn't notice, I clearly fucking said that ATR and Browness are just about fucking even as far as stats go. I made my decision because I understand that and Browness has won more. If you would like to use numbers and analytics to show that I left something vital to ATR's argument out, go right ahead. Otherwise, leave the conjecture to Stephen A and stay off the fucking weed.

No Streaming Account
  11. iTzShoooK

Discord:
    itzshoook#0
    Ratings:
    +15 / 1 / -0
    Why waist my time, just because you put up stats doesnt mean you used them correctly for your argument. Dude you call a post scorer doing post moves, cheese and luck.

Im done bro.

iTzShoooK
  12. Complex_Point

Ratings:
    +16 / 1 / -10
    I don't call a post scorer doing post moves cheese. Post moves are phenomenal, I play in the post irl. What he did was drop step into a contested layup a lot. That's not post scoring as far as I'm concerned. Post Play is absolutely beautiful, just watch legends like Hakeem and Duncan expose bigs with it. What he did was move closer to the basket to take a contested layup that the game has go in a lot of the time. He did a good job with MPLS, as I know he did get by him quite a lot. That doesn't change the fact that a lot of the shots he took were contested. I call that cheese.

No Streaming Account
  13. Complex_Point

Ratings:
    +16 / 1 / -10
    Furi dpoy y'all trippin.
    [​IMG]

No Streaming Account
  14. Da24Truth

Da24Truth Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    My god. How did I make it into this conversation? What did I do to you? Did I kick this mans dog?

No Streaming Account
  15. Complex_Point

Ratings:
    +16 / 1 / -10
    You didn't do a thing. I stated what is my belief, which is that specifically in that knicks game you cheesed. I didn't bring this up in this context, Hook started talking shit about how I said the 2nd best team beat the best team because of luck. I told him that in dms. I say it's cheese because you tried the same shit against me and it didn't work. You're my personal pick for the 2nd team all league, mostly because I haven't played Skip so he might be there. I also hate dogs so.

No Streaming Account
  16. Da24Truth

Da24Truth Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    You just described the exact opposite of cheese. If it can be stopped and it’s not over powered. So maybe you mean repetitive or annoying. But with that being said everything in this game has a counter. I have a post scorer, just like others have builds that allow insane moving shots. Teams just refuse to put their rim on me because it would leave there other big out there to defend the PnR.
    Mismatches are the name of the game. Why would I ever post fade over a stretch. Did Shaq ether post fade?
    Where’s the cheese uproar over the insane 5 out offense or the 3-5 picks per possession the poor defenders must fight through up top.

No Streaming Account
  17. Skip2MyLou2k-

Skip2MyLou2k- Active Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Please try to iso me with a post lol, easy 10 block game -Skip2MyLou

No Streaming Account
  18. Complex_Point

Ratings:
    +16 / 1 / -10
    I said cheese and I meant it. You made contested layup after contested layup I watched the damn game.

No Streaming Account
  19. Complex_Point

Ratings:
    +16 / 1 / -10
    We stopped you as a team because we either cut off the lane or you got the ball to late to cheese. The shots you were making were contested, and what I was referring to with the luck comment was referring to the inherent RNG that the game runs on. You can “stop” a zig zagger. Does that mean zig zagging isn’t cheese?

No Streaming Account
  20. Da24Truth

Da24Truth Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Smh. What’s your build again? If it’s a defender you can stand there in awful position and get contests. It’s the game mechanics. So maybe you have a false sense of what a contest is? As any post scorer or anyone who actually plays in the post can attest to is that contested layups rarely go in. So yeah. Your assumptions are absolutely false. The shots were not contested due to the build that was guarding me or at least the badges kicked in and made those shots good shots. Your inability to understand how player builds and heights work is disappointing. But hey. You know all so I’ll let this go. Good times man.

No Streaming Account