Please Vote! Real Finals Preview

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming Basketball Association (Discontinued)' started by Im Tom, Jul 21, 2019.

?

Who's taking home the Larry OB?

Poll closed Jul 24, 2019.
  1. Suns

13 vote(s)
    59.1%
  2. Knicks

9 vote(s)
    40.9%
  1. Im Tom

Im Tom Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +166 / 4 / -9
    Here we go,

New York Knicks :team97: vs Phoenix Suns:team100:

This matchup isn't really much of a surprise for many people, all season these have been two of the best teams in the league, leading up to an exciting final series. There's a stark contrast between these two teams though, the Suns are probly the deepest roster in the league, they have two lines that could be a first line on almost any team in the league.

Their lines are so deep I could spend the next two lines listing off all of their players, @ele905 has done an amazing job this season balancing such a loaded roster and this is where it's lead them. With guys like @VenomOnFire , @II L O O S 3 II , @OFG Twice , @HANGLOW000 & @ll Bandana ll on their team it makes it impossible to just shut one or two players down and neutralize an offence like some teams. With this coming series being the finals I'm so curious to see what their absolute game 5 lineup looks like, with a lineup that lacks a couple of elite locks, they'll have to compensate with different scoring options. If they can put together a line that can steal a game from that deadly Knicks first line the series is all but theirs, but do they have that line?

And the team they're playing, the Knicks, are as close to a polar opposite of a team as you can get.

The Knicks have gone the opposite route, they've completely abandoned having a second line entirely, they have 6 guys on their roster than will actually show up to play games. But is it necessarily a detriment? Somehow their management (@Dangs92 & @Tb ToXiC) have created the perfect lineup for their star player @th4 x w4ll . The line of @I Murked I , Dangs or TB, @Raynor , @th4 x w4ll & @officialmark07 have been everything that they've needed up until this point in the playoffs, almost, the line that might just be the best in the league dropped a pivital game to the Raptors in the conference finals, using up the final games that their TC's are able to play in the playoffs. So their season goal is almost done, but they're going to need their first line to win 3 out of 3 games against the best line that the Suns are able to offer.

So the Finals, 5 (3) games for the Larry OB, how does the matchup look?

Well the season series really doesn't tell us much, it's a 2-2 split and the closest game was still an 8 point decision, so where to go after that?

Well we already know the Knicks plan, they're going to put out their best line in 2 of the first 4 games and ff the other two, and we already know who's going to be playing in those games. So the thing that I'm looking for is who the Suns think is their best line to steal a game, and the championship from that line. They have 3 chances to do what the Raptors were able to do. A huge advantage that the Suns have is that they have 3 shots to win a game against that line, lose one and you have 2 more, lose two and you still have the 3rd. For the Knicks its a different story, all 3 of the games for their first line will be elimination games, if they lose 1 the series is all but over, the Suns 2nd line is too deep to throw a random line at and hope for the best.

So the question right now is, how good is that Knicks first line really? Are they good enough to win 3 games in the finals with their backs up against the wall?

My X-Factor player for each team:

:team100: @HANGLOW000

:team97: @officialmark07

• Like Like x 3
    No Streaming Account
  2. I Murked I

I Murked I Most Average Bog

Discord:
    murked#0
    Ratings:
    +60 / 5 / -27
    I’m not a bench player anymore Tom?

IMurkedYouLol
  3. Im Tom

Im Tom Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +166 / 4 / -9
    idonno, all seems to revolve around whatever availability you decide to have

No Streaming Account
  4. I Murked I

I Murked I Most Average Bog

Discord:
    murked#0
    Ratings:
    +60 / 5 / -27
    I can’t decide my availability my work does.

IMurkedYouLol