Please Vote! Beta 20 Impressions

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming Hockey League (LGHL)' started by a1xFREAKx13, Jul 28, 2019.

?

How Do you Like The Beta

1. Love it

124 vote(s)
    49.8%
  2. Hate it

32 vote(s)
    12.9%
  3. Undecided

93 vote(s)
    37.3%
  1. a1xFREAKx13

a1xFREAKx13 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    a1xFREAKx13#5407
    Ratings:
    +1,168 / 18 / -72
    The beta has been out for almost 2 full days now, Lets hear your your likes and dislikes and maybe offer some input on things that can be tuned/fixed to make this game great for release.

No Streaming Account
  2. trevwings

trevwings 2nd best Trev in LG

Discord:
    TrevWings#8296
    Ratings:
    +1,012 / 47 / -81
    My opinion:
    Game speed: great
    Shooting: great
    Passing: too slow but apparently fixed in full game
    Shot animations: hit or miss
    Puck pickups: improved but still annoying sometimes
    Defense: harder but rewards good positioning. You cannot skate backwards.
    Stick lift: kinda useless
    Pokes: fine
    Bumps/hitting: balanced
    Goalies: balanced
    General comments: game rewards speed and skill. Defense takes effort and idiots that relied on bumps in 19 are getting exposed.

Final thought: solid foundation for a good game if they don’t fuck it up at launch

• Like Like x 18
    No Streaming Account
  3. Ix Lutvi xI

Ix Lutvi xI Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Ix Lutvi xI#1366
    Ratings:
    +182 / 8 / -19
    Agreed real skill gap on D rewards good positional players

• Like Like x 3
    No Streaming Account
  4. CaLL Me Jakoo

CaLL Me Jakoo LG Pittsburgh Penguins

Discord:
    CaLL Me Jakoo#2067
    Ratings:
    +758 / 9 / -33
    The game is honestly awesome, and I’ve already had a lot of fun playing it. That being said, there’s a few minor things that need to be fixed in order for this game to go from “really good” to “great”.

- Passing speed / power needs to be increased.
    - Wrap around animations need to be brought back into the game.
    - Stopping and starting speed needs to be increased.
    - Rebounds need to be fix, so they don’t deflect out of the rink every time.
    - Scoreboard twitching on the power play or penalty kill needs to be addressed.

Again, these are all minor fixes in my opinion. Other than that, the game has been really enjoyable so far.

• Like Like x 7
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    CaLLMeJakooo
  5. TheGreatMP7

TheGreatMP7 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    mp74907#0
    Ratings:
    +574 / 11 / -62
    Best NHL game for 6s since old gen the ONLY problem I see so far with the game

-passing (fixed in full version)
    -you can’t do wrap arounds it makes you do a shot animation every time you try
    -on a breakaway if you don’t hold backhand and you try to take a forehand then go backhand but don’t hold the puck to your back hand it does an animation and your guy does a spinning wrist shot (should be fixed in regular version)

• Like Like x 8
    No Streaming Account
  6. clutchcolbs

clutchcolbs Well-Known Member

Discord:
    clutchcolbs#5251
    Ratings:
    +73 / 11 / -5
    the wraps being nerfed is good, goalies in rl can hold the post and still cover 80% of the bottom of the net and go post to post in a split second. in the game post play could be improved/changed. maybe adding more animation and flexibility

• Like Like x 2
    UncleMerIin
  7. TheHeroicDuck

TheHeroicDuck Well-Known Member

Discord:
    theheroicduck#0
    Ratings:
    +1,215 / 13 / -60
    Goalies are a disgrace in the game. The shooting is ok except point shots get blocked 95% of the time and there is no such thing as a quick slapshot anymore, the animation forces it to take an eternity. Dump animations also take an eternity. The back of the net is a mess and the scoreboard needs to be fixed so it isnt in the way

• Like Like x 4
    • Informative Informative x 1
    TheHeroicDuck
  8. oHeroism

oHeroism Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +156 / 15 / -15
    The game has a great foundation. The skill gap presented in this game is very transparent when compared to NHL 19. However, there are some minor inconveniences that should be fixed.

-Wraparounds are broken. The backhand rap along with just the puck being around the back of the net is a mess.
    -Some of the builds are overpowered and others are underwhelming. In this beta being a grinder is basically useless because a big playmaker has the same reaction to hits, plus all their offensive abilities.
    -The scoreboard on PP and PK is an issue obviously.
    -Passing is weak but the the force passes not working is a plus. The speed of passes is upped in the normal game already so hopefully that makes it better.

There are some more but I want to end this off with all the great things I believe that might make this game the best one since NHL 14.

+THE POKE CHECKS ARE AMAZING. A little OP at times but really gives dman an advantage mechanically.
    + Speed. This game is the epitome of speed vs. positioning. Bad dmen will get burnt when they go out of position. Dmen are being exposed left and right, the skill gap between good and bad dman is separating like the Red Sea.
    + Shooting animations are sick. Some inconsistencies but those should be fixed for the release.

Overall, this game is great. Let’s hope they don’t mess it up too much.

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
    No Streaming Account
  9. Bobrow97

Bobrow97 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    bobrow97#9263
    Ratings:
    +39 / 0 / -4
    As a full time goalie the only things i would like to see changed are easier puck pickups. I have given up many goals that puck is sitting there and am spamming the cover up. Penalty shots are broken for goalies. I would like to be a touch quicker. Other than that i like it. Looking at the numbers for myself and others the 80% sv might be elite again

No Streaming Account
  10. Gongshxw

Gongshxw Warning Group

Discord:
    Gongshxw#0446
    Ratings:
    +254 / 118 / -280
    Can we confirm the LT back skate is a non factor now?

No Streaming Account
  11. Puggeriino

Puggeriino Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +206 / 33 / -43
    The big thing we need now in net is speed we are clearly to slow

• Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1
    Puggeriinoo
  12. Twistafied

Twistafied #89

Discord:
    Twist#2803
    Ratings:
    +676 / 22 / -58
    My opinion on the downsides:

- Passing is way too slow and everything gets intercepted now. Since the passer no longer has an animation, passes are more difficult to aim since your guy doesn't pause before releasing the pass like in 19.

- The focus on adding new shooting animation looks cool and all, but for flips passes, dumps on PKs, slapshots, and some wrist shots, the animation just takes too long. Whether you're trying to flip it to the NZ to send a teammate (and your guy is spinning/doing a leg kick before moving it) or you're trying to shoot at an open net (and your guy decides to curl and drag and then do a leg kick before shooting), it just gives the opponent too much time.

- Goalie's letting in more goals than saves is common.

- Half of my backhand shots result in a spin-to-forehand animation.

- Poor shot selection gets rewarded. It's a video game. In my opinion, sniping shouldn't be a thing. Let's see some good plays.

- With bumps being significantly reduced, all forwards can now be 5'7" 160lbs with minimal downsides.

- I think the pace is a bit too fast. I liked the pace of 19. Less scoring on the rush, less 1-man-shows. I know a lot of people like the faster pace but as a forward who likes puck movement, it means you can (and probably should since passing blows) succeed being selfish now - which makes 6s less fun and realistic in my opinion.

• Dislike Dislike x 6
    • Like Like x 2
    • Get Good Get Good x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
    Twistafied
  13. AZDvo

AZDvo Rocket Winner and #1 Ranked Player in Arizona.

Ratings:
    +1,666 / 27 / -48
    So you want passes to go through the defenders? You dont want goalies to have to cover shortside or anticipate a play? idk about everybody being 5'7, played a few bigs there are benefits of being 6-1 and evidenced by the games against/ with some of the best players. The pace is too fast? then you need to adjust simple as that.

• Like Like x 6
    No Streaming Account
  14. HA G0T EMM

HA G0T EMM Someone please carry me

Ratings:
    +34 / 1 / -2
    A lot of Dmen will be getting exposed next season if the game stays as is. Lack of bumps hurts and also you make a positional mistake it can be capitalized on and dmen wont be able to recover. Goalie looks pretty fun again as well. I think the skill gap is back with this game which is a positive.

• Like Like x 2
    No Streaming Account
  15. Twistafied

Twistafied #89

Discord:
    Twist#2803
    Ratings:
    +676 / 22 / -58
    Trust me, this is not me saying I'm having a problem. My club in the beta is like 22-4 and we've beat a bunch of 'top' teams. And I've been playing 6'1" every game. I'm adjusting fine. But it's still fair to have an opinion on the game. In 19, if a dman was right beside you, the pass would pass him. That just doesnt happen anymore. Same with powerful passes going through someone since they're fast. I'm not the only one complaining about the passing lol

• Like Like x 1
    Twistafied
  16. Bushook

Bushook S34 League Giveaway Leader

Ratings:
    +121 / 9 / -8
    It's fun now, but will inevitably be tuned into a nightmare to satisfy r/NHLHUT.

• Like Like x 4
    • Get Good Get Good x 1
    No Streaming Account
  17. Fat Grl Hntr

Fat Grl Hntr Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +185 / 10 / -23
    Games good

• Like Like x 1
    Fat_Grl_Hunt3r
  18. DekeoIogist

DekeoIogist Chirp a Day keeps a Shitter away

Discord:
    Deke#6969
    Ratings:
    +1,355 / 242 / -251
    At the beta stats I think it’s a fair balance fwd is good Defense isn’t hard if you don’t rely on bumps and goalie isn’t that hard either you just gotta play like a real goalie and challenge the shooter is all only issues I have are turning is really slow passing is terrible I hate the spin shot when trying to shoot a backhand I don’t like how the puck also gets deflected out of play and I feel like the scoreboard should have an option the vintage style for mainly D and this new style that are better for forwards the game is really good hope it last at least a month past launch before they ruin it

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  19. Nxckles

Nxckles AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Discord:
    Nuckles#4604
    Ratings:
    +1,400 / 21 / -41
    So the downside of slowing down turning/pivoting and making it less responsive is that it will feel awful for people with high ping. If this stays this way it might be very beneficial to have a west coast line next year. I just played my first game of 6s on west servers in the beta and it's a night and day difference.

• Like Like x 3
    • Get Good Get Good x 1
    No Streaming Account
  20. Eamonn

Eamonn Well-Known Member

Discord:
    eamonn#0602
    Ratings:
    +1,093 / 17 / -68
    Yeah this is something I've noticed too. And not just the turning but the passing as well. It feels "delayed" to me even on 10 ping but it's much worse on the 70+ i usually get. May just be because of how slow passes are in general so hopefully it feels much better at release. Maybe I'm just not used to it idk.

Ultimately the turning/pivoting being that way is good for the game though. Really makes you need to keep your positioning on point and not get caught flat footed. Has happened to me a few times where I think I'll be able to just quickly turn and skate with the guy ala NHL19 only for my guy to have a stroke while turning and cost my team.

• Like Like x 2
    eamonnjcf