Games of the Night - 8/7/19

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming American Hockey League (LGAHL)' started by k-fed, Aug 7, 2019.

?

Who will make the playoffs?

Poll closed Aug 7, 2019.
  1. Charlotte/Penguins

27.8%
  2. Charlotte/Tigers

27.8%
  3. Penguins/Tigers

44.4%
  1. A Salty SaiIor

A Salty SaiIor Warning Group

Ratings:
    +2,026 / 48 / -76
    I know there are plenty of other games with seeding on the line but in my opinion these three games are the games of the night as it involves three teams that have not clinched a spot yet. Without further adieu here they are.

The first game of the night in the 9:30 time slot features none other then my own team the Sound Tigers trying to fight to get in on the last night of the season against the current 2nd place Lehigh Valley Phantoms.

https://www.leaguegaming.com/forums/index.php?leaguegaming/league&action=league&page=game&gameid=543437

The phantoms having clinched a berth already playing for a possible division crown are rolling with their west line of Williams, Shmyr & TodayROSA with Frenchmoron and Hapscore on the back end. Williams is a long-time veteran that slipped to the AHL and is proving with a 71-point season that that was a mistake. Also, with French on the back end leading the AHL for d-men in points with 38 he will look to eclipse the 40-point mark on the season.

The Tigers will attempt to keep their season alive countering with their first line featuring SpadsYo, Brisan x6 & Dublaga with Hainers and GB521 on the back end. Much like the phantoms Spads is a long-time veteran not of the NHL but in LG and despite being traded to Belleville for a week or two has maintained his typical scoring rate right around the 50-point mark. On the back-end GB coming off a huge win of the checkers last night will look to shut down Williams and this talent offense with his veteran prowess.

I expect this game to be a grease fest and low scoring so with that being said my players to watch for both teams will be none other then OilCity & Lucky SnowGoon. Goalies always complain about never getting credit, so here I will give credit to both. Oil has reached another gear this week with the Tigers having played biggies all week and only given up 9 goals giving him a 1.5GAA on the week so far. Snow will need to find his form from the beginning of the season when he was on fire, sporting a lowly 3.33 GAA in 3 games this week.

Prediction: For the sake of the season dwindling down to 1030, Bridgeport wins 3-2 in OT.

The second game of the night in the 9:30 time slot features the Charlotte Checkers against the division leading Hershey Bears. Checkers fighting to keep off the Tigers meanwhile the Bears trying to clinch the division.

https://www.leaguegaming.com/forums/index.php?leaguegaming/league&action=league&page=game&gameid=543436

The Checkers go into tonight tied for 3rd with the WBS penguins and only 2 points ahead of the Tigers so they can ill afford to drop any games tonight. It looks like they’ll be running a mixed line in this one featuring The Broche, Sportfreak114 & Nxgi with Queek and TendyProbs on the back end. No disrespect to these guys but on the last night of the season with playoffs on the line you’d probably expect soup out there and his line. But according to my sources soup was unable to play tonight so playoffs hinge on the 3rd line to get the job done.

The Bears will look to possibly clinch the division and secure the 1st seed (depending on the LHV result) with their own west line of x Matic y, Krawch & Swarf with Nasty Narps and Sean Kitt Mafk on the back end. The dynamic duo of Euro and Krawch will come in full force and will be a lot to handle for the defensive duo on charlottes side. A Hershey win coupled with a LHV loss or even OTL would clinch the division so they still have something to play for.

This game has a lot of playoff implications for the entire division depending on the outcome so it will be a fun one to watch for sure. Things to watch for in this game: Checkers defense – if they can limit the amount of scoring chances the bears have and capitalize on their chances in the zone, they might be able to squeak this one out in their favor. ZiggyP6 – with Krawch being one of the top two-way centers in the AHL I expect Ziggy to have a light work load, he will still need to make the routine saves if the bears want to stay in the game.

Prediction – Bears win 6-2

Our final game of the night comes at the 10:30 slot between the Charlotte Checkers and the WBS Penguins. If fate would have it on this night the Checkers, Penguins and Tigers will all go into this game with 101 points. That would be crazy and most likely won’t happen but hey it would be fun to see.

https://www.leaguegaming.com/forums/index.php?leaguegaming/league&action=league&page=game&gameid=543450

The checkers roll into this game coming off a hard defeat at the hands of the Bears desperately needing a win against the Pens who also desperately needing a win to clinch a spot in the dance. In this potential winner take all meeting the Checkers once again go with their actual 3rd line this time of Silveri, Sportfreak & Matthews with Smokelessly & GimmixPwns on defense. Silveri and Sport are long time veterans, so they have easily played their fair share of sweaties and know what it takes to win a big game.

The Penguins will counter with maybe their 3rd line also? Either way they will be looking to win this biggie and sneak into the playoffs after an abysmal last three weeks of the season where they watched their sizable lead on the division dwindle down to a point where they could be looking in from the outside. Yikes. With bettylou, klaashy & Rivnasty, Modemizer and Thrasher on the back end both teams can ill afford to make that one mistake that turns the tide in either teams favor.

Things to look for in this game: I believe this game will come down to goaltending, Blainer has been a stud since being waived from the NHL down to the AHL. This night won’t be any different, if the checkers want a shot to dance Blainer will have to be at his absolute best. The penguins just need to survive, if they can get the first goal and build some momentum, they can outlast the checkers and tigers and squeak into the playoffs on the final game of the season. Its also interesting not to see Dan in this game.

Prediction: Checkers win 4-3 in reg.

• Like Like x 6
    • Winner Winner x 2
    No Streaming Account
  2. Pooderz

Pooderz Musty Pooder

Discord:
    daddypooder#0
    Ratings:
    +1,166 / 10 / -45
    Mmm

• Winner Winner x 1
    No Streaming Account
  3. FrenchMoron

FrenchMoron Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,056 / 70 / -198
    Standings:

WBS - 79 GP - 101pts - 44 Regulation Wins
    CHA - 80 GP - 101pts - 38 Regulation Wins
    BRP - 80 GP - 99pts - 38 Regulation Wins

WBS faces: :team317: - :team314: - :team393:
    CHA faces: :team350: - :team301:
    BRP faces: :team302: - :team617:

I see WBS winning all 3 of their matchups. Putting them in.
    CHA losing both :sadegg:
    BRP losing to us, but beating SPR.

Putting BRP in a tie with CHA, but with 1 more Regulation win.

So the Penguins and Bridgeport make it in.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Get Good Get Good x 1
    No Streaming Account
  4. CSilveri

CSilveri 6 classes+40hr work weeks..avails bouncy be warned

Discord:
    CSilveri#1576
    Ratings:
    +703 / 41 / -61
    3rd line BABYY..Great Write up salty
    Goodluck everyone tonight :)

• Like Like x 1
    CSilveri
  5. Pooderz

Pooderz Musty Pooder

Discord:
    daddypooder#0
    Ratings:
    +1,166 / 10 / -45
    My chatbox predictions French requested:

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    No Streaming Account
  6. xO i L C i t Yx

xO i L C i t Yx Tommy Salo

Ratings:
    +100 / 12 / -12
    Thanks for the mention salty and @FrenchMoron im sorry I messed up your prediction

No Streaming Account
  7. FrenchMoron

FrenchMoron Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,056 / 70 / -198
    You played great. Gotta give credit where credit is due pal.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    No Streaming Account
  8. SouPerSaiyan

SouPerSaiyan Well-Known Member

Discord:
    soupersaiyan#0
    Ratings:
    +560 / 35 / -60
    im not

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  9. jyeti15s

jyeti15s Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +225 / 82 / -109
    Game of the night on 08/08 edition- Salty on the 18th hole green at Pebble beach [​IMG]

• Get Good Get Good x 1
    No Streaming Account
  10. A Salty SaiIor

A Salty SaiIor Warning Group

Ratings:
    +2,026 / 48 / -76
    No Streaming Account