PSN Media is dead: Mustacho's playoffs predictions

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming Hockey League (LGHL PSN)' started by vMustacho, Aug 11, 2019.

1. The_0verthinker_

The_0verthinker_ Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,197 / 105 / -166
    I'm not going to lie, I was not planning to do a playoff writeup. Every season, we are litterally BOMBARDED with shitty writeups and dumb predictions, so I figured my writeup would just oversaturate things. Turns out, nobody gave it a shot, and people have been asking me to do something. It's my time to shine baby!
    I have decided to take a shot at shitty playoff predictions. I am going to try and do a whole bracket and I will update it after every week. Let's go.

[​IMG]

ROUND 1

TOR VS CBJ
    Prediction: TOR IN 6

Even though CBJ made a solid push at the end of the season, I don't think they can beat the president's trophy winners. They will steal 2 games though.

MTL VS BUF
    Prediction: BUF IN 7

I have a feeling that @JClaus33's managing experience will help him get to 7 games and win it. This will be a tightly fought series.

NYR VS WSH
    Prediction: NYR in 6

This is it. This is the season NYR make it past the first round, well, I hope for Bo. Otherwise he will be known as the worst manager in playoffs.

NJD VS PIT
    Prediction: NJD in 7

The home ice/line advantage will be crucial in this series. The Devils don't have a really powerful line, but they have 3 decent lines. That will help them if they are able to line match correctly.

WPG VS SJ
    Prediction: WPG in 4

Sorry Sharks fans (if there are any), but you guys don't stand a chance against the Jets machine. Sweep incoming.

NSH VS CHI
    Prediction: CHI in 6

Chicago had the better 2nd half of season. They have also won 3/4 matchups against Nashville this season. Advantage Hawks.

VAN VS STL
    Prediction: VAN in 6

@Jlm1410 has finally done it. He built a really good contending team. They should get past STL pretty easily.

ANA VS LA
    Prediction: LA in 7

Although @BigFreeze064 will never admit it, he is scared to hell by the L2s. And that's the only thing the whole Kings team know how to do. There isn't gonna be a repeat, sorry Freeze.

ROUND 2

TOR VS BUF
    Prediction: TOR in 7

The west line will be very important in this series. They will be the one winning it in game 7.

NYR VS NJD
    Prediction: NJD in 7

I feel like Bo's luck might run out against NJD. The 3 balanced-ish lines of NJD will help them again here. These two teams went 2-2 against each other during the season.

WPG VS CHI
    Prediction: WPG in 7

Winnipeg's top 2 lines will have to be very effective to go through the Hawks. But they will. Game 7 here we go!

VAN VS LA

The Kings won't be able to beat Vancouver's top 2 lines. I'm telling you now. If the Canucks dmen can just stand in the way of the L2ers it will be an easy shutdown.

ROUND 3

TOR VS NJD
    Prediction: TOR in 5

Toronto is one of those teams that just shits on traps and collapsing defenses. Since it's the only thing NJD do, issa rip for them here. They should be able to steal a game against TOR's 3rd.

WPG VS VAN
    Prediction: VAN in 7

The west advantage will help Vancouver here. This will go to 7 and on west, well WPG won't be able to do much.

FINALS

TOR VS VAN

Noticed a pattern yet? The two top teams this season, with the two best west lines, both "going to the finals". We have seen in 19 that connection advantage is HUGE, especially in the playoffs. The thing is, Vancouver's west line is the only west line out of those two that I'd actually be scared of on east.

---------------------------------------------------

Alright, that's all for this week. I'll update my bracket and say a little something about each round 2 series next week.

Sorry about the lack of logos and formatting, this shit is way too long to do in this kind of writeup.

• Like Like x 8
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
    No Streaming Account
  2. nickyP1999

nickyP1999 I'm not superstitious but I am a little stitious.

Discord:
    NickyP#1999
    Ratings:
    +533 / 38 / -64
    Lots of pressure on these nucks

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    nickyP1999
  3. BROSKI_002

BROSKI_002 Overpaid

Ratings:
    +308 / 8 / -13