S33 All Stars

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming Hockey League (LGHL)' started by SweetLou9208, Aug 11, 2019.

1. a1xFREAKx13

a1xFREAKx13 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    a1xFREAKx13#5407
    Ratings:
    +1,168 / 18 / -72
    what if we did a series involving the all stars, i know most hate the game but might be fun for braggin rights East Vs West..maybe a best 4 out of 7 with all star rosters, each line gets a game and the reserves from each side play a game ..just an idea, could run the games between thursday-sat or do a special friday night puck with the all stars?

• Winner Winner x 2
    No Streaming Account
  2. Devin Decibel

Devin Decibel Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +40 / 2 / -13
    Careful Trev, this is an unpopular opinion. The LG bullies will come and attack you. You know, the ones who are on these teams who benefit from their stats being inflated. They get really offended if u suggest that they couldn't put up the same numbers if forced to carry a bad team.

• Funny x 1
    • Winner x 1
    • Useful x 1
    • Creative x 1
    • Dumb x 1
    DevinDecibel
  3. trevwings

trevwings 2nd best Trev in LG

Discord:
    TrevWings#8296
    Ratings:
    +1,012 / 47 / -81
    this aint it chief

No Streaming Account
  4. x welsh 16

x welsh 16 Warning Group

Discord:
    x welsh 16#5963
    Ratings:
    +279 / 37 / -28
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    welshey16
  5. KingFormless

KingFormless Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +601 / 50 / -50
    • Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  6. DirtyJerrz

DirtyJerrz Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +384 / 12 / -28
    • Like Like x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
    Dirty_Jerrz
  7. SweetLou9208

SweetLou9208 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    SweetLou#9373
    Ratings:
    +5,393 / 162 / -406
    No one on the committee thinks that though and as for the LG bullies, don't play the victim card. Present your case as to why and the guys on the "not good" teams should have a player represented. Go head through and pick guys for me from all the non playoff teams. We would love to have a team like this but that's just rewarding more people for mediocrity. Should people be rewarded for not being as successful as another team? Im sure if they were on the better team they would have stats but isn't that how leagues work, better teams put up better numbers.

If you can grab me a couple players and examples, im all ears. Like I said we discussed taking a player from every team but it just didn't make sense as some teams didn't even have a guy over .500 or their best player (statistically) wasn't even on their roster half the season

• Like Like x 4
    SweeT9LoU84
  8. Emo F0X

Emo F0X I Score Goals

Discord:
    foxi10i#0
    Ratings:
    +179 / 2 / -1
    Right here @D4D USA. Was on these yotes the whole season

• Winner Winner x 1
    No Streaming Account
  9. Coreymac27

Coreymac27 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    coreymac27#0
    Ratings:
    +253 / 15 / -13
    Handslikehans Absolutely deserves to be there prob one of the most improved players in the league.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  10. Devin Decibel

Devin Decibel Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +40 / 2 / -13
    To be clear, I'm not knocking the committee -- given the data and difficult nature of determining value on a team (good or bad), statistics are the only reasonable way to go for 80% of the decision. If you're a great player on a shit team, better luck next year/contract. It's only a shame that, while you do not want to celebrate mediocrity, these lists contribute to the toxic behavior of line stacking and cheesy behaviors to keep up in stats.. (ex. west coasting lines, ff's/5v3's at :11). I'm also pointing out that people who get upset about these lists (and not being on it) are often the same ones gassed up/carried on their stacked team. But that's an opinion I'll leave alone.

Speaking of, do we have a way in determining through the API the server the game was played on and cross referencing that to player profile/location? Some of the highest point total games are also the laggiest for the other team.

But hey, free league, have fun.

DevinDecibel
  11. SweetLou9208

Discord:
    SweetLou#9373
    Ratings:
    +5,393 / 162 / -406
    We had you on originally. Everyone goes through and looks at the general stats W+OTLs and Production (Points, goals, assists, +/-, PIMS and their team and how the did the player did relative to the teams success and how valueable they were. I wanna say all but one of us had you on there. We then went through peoples games and you ended up getting bumped down bc of your Strength of Schedule

19-6-2 (40 points in the standings for a team that finished 8th in the west and had 96 Points) Excellent work

vs Playoff teams (8 games)
    5-3

vs Fringe playoff teams (5 games)
    4-1-1

vs Non Playoff teams
    10-2-1

You still received some votes for that last spot but it ultimately went to someone else. Every other player (albeit on set lines and better teams) had tougher schedules it seemed. I like to include fringe in the playoffs teams bc all those teams are right there and half your games is just roughly are the league average but your playoff teams played was the lowest of the bunch. I actually think youll get some HART talk as your value to your team seems to be almost higher than any single player to their roster but for the ALL STARS other guys just had a better season production total (Wins+OTL and Points) and competition wise bc the WEST lines were crazy. I think you would of made it in the EAST easy but again you had some votes for the last spot. Hell of a season

SweeT9LoU84
  12. SweetLou9208

Discord:
    SweetLou#9373
    Ratings:
    +5,393 / 162 / -406
    Everyones entitled to an opinion. I don't know if LISTS aka awards which are a real life thing and we are a sim league trying to replicate real life so we have awards. They def make the competitiveness come out in so people and the scummy and petty stuff in others but that's competition and trying to win in any aspect of life that happens with some people.

As for the Line stacking, that's just good mgmt. Some people can build good teams and some players know who they want to play with and know who they play well with and let their mgmt. know or they grind together and become better as a line. That isn't a negative. Then the WEST COASTING is just a strategy, its been around forever and its another good mgmt. tactic. Should we ban all west people or not let them play on a line together? The 5v3 at :11 is bullshit and I hope that's removed or changed to just 1 penalty (5on4) at :11 and a FF at :16

As for the API of what server the game was played on, you cant punish people from being on east and others on west or vice versa. EA added a central server but you need a central host to get on it in club challenge. Some teams have east lines and some teams have west lines, others have mixed. You just have to know who has what and adjust accordingly when making lines and when you see a line use roster subs or ecus if you have to or adjust your style to playing on the other server by playing D first and simplifying things and just getting pucks on net. Its cheesy but itll give you a chance. East people have beat west lines before and west lines have beat east lines before so its no excuse.

• Like Like x 1
    • Get Good Get Good x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
    SweeT9LoU84
  13. a1xFREAKx13

a1xFREAKx13 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    a1xFREAKx13#5407
    Ratings:
    +1,168 / 18 / -72
    we got smashed 11-1 on a mexican host from what im told and they only play home games, as someone who has done management for a long time id say thats pretty damn smart, sucks for the players who have to endure it but unfortunately its part of the game dealing with connections, hell im in ontario and i have the best internet here and i still get lagg/delay playing on these custom games in club, yet club games and hut games are perfect..all im getting at here is just play the games and try to have fun NHL 19 sucks and NHL 20 looks promising

• Like Like x 3
    No Streaming Account
  14. D4D USA

D4D USA Well-Known Member

Discord:
    D4N USA#6332
    Ratings:
    +2,140 / 41 / -61
    You made it lol

Edit: not sure if you made it

No Streaming Account
  15. Emo F0X

Emo F0X I Score Goals

Discord:
    foxi10i#0
    Ratings:
    +179 / 2 / -1
    I’m a reserve. Don’t know if that counts lol

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    No Streaming Account
  16. White_Knucklerz

White_Knucklerz Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +127 / 5 / -18
    @CaLL Me Jakoo I had a week off for my all star break, but didn't make the all star team. I'm confused

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    No Streaming Account
  17. Emo F0X

Emo F0X I Score Goals

Discord:
    foxi10i#0
    Ratings:
    +179 / 2 / -1
    Oh I know Lou I was just joking around. There were a couple games weshoulda won easily and choked it and then maybe I’d have a better case with like 22 wins. I’m just glad to be a reserve with some of the guys that were in the west

No Streaming Account
  18. MarcoGoes5H0LE

MarcoGoes5H0LE Well-Known Member

Discord:
    MarcoGoes5Hole#9335
    Ratings:
    +222 / 8 / -10
    Whoa.

• Like Like x 1
    In World of CHEL
    MarcoGoes5Hole
  19. Poooch