TBL / EDM Handshake Thread

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming Hockey League (LGHL)' started by DirtyJerrz, Sep 3, 2019.

1. DirtyJerrz

DirtyJerrz Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +384 / 12 / -28
    TLDR: ggs EDM

I think it's already been covered by most of the community already, but I haven't seen any Tampa ones yet... So I wanted to formally congratulate the Edmonton Oilers on their historic cup run, AND mind blowing regular season. I think everyone knew before even one game was played this season, that this team was going to be a serious force to reckon with. A lot of guys are throwing around talk of this being the greatest LG team of all time, and even if there may have been better rosters ON PAPER in previous seasons, I truly believe this roster had the most chemistry - top to bottom, on all 3 lines. THAT is what wins cups, and that is a huge part of what made this team so damn filthy all season long.

Grats to @NINETY ElGHT @jared2112 and @iTz x Luigi x on their stellar management - I've had many chats with NinetyEight over the last few seasons - this guys just a stand up dude all around and the people he surrounds himself with are there for a reason. There's something to be said about having your friends on your team - and again, the chemistry really shows. Take notes future owners/mgmt... This is exactly how to get maximum return on your management core. NHL 20 seemingly comes with a whole new play-style and people will adapt accordingly, but I really believe that chemistry will always be what sets apart the good/great teams from the elite ones.

And finally, it was a great season for these Bolts. It was probably the most fun I've had in the LGHL thus far. Sadly it may be my last season for a while as I have a tentative schedule change with work that will obliterate my availability... but it was a great season to end on, and we did a hell of a job battling through the playoffs. @DDW4 @Arctic Blur and @Shockz - you guys were great all season - both in games, and in the locker room... we had a hell of a run. In all honestly, running into the proverbial brick wall that was Edmonton this season may have been too tall of a task for ANY team. Some bad bounces didn't help (that's just hockey though) and some lousy avail in the final round forced some mixed lines.. (can we attempt to not have a finals series on a national holiday weekend next time..? Just saying).

Regardless, it was just too much stacked against us at the end of the day. But it sure was fun. This is what makes communities like LG so great, and I think teams like these really bring the community together as a whole.

Looking forward to seeing everyone in NHL 20. Have a great off-season everyone and grats again to the Oilers! You guys earned it.

smash_win_edm.png

Last edited: Sep 3, 2019
    • Like Like x 22
    • Winner Winner x 6
    • Get Good Get Good x 1
    Dirty_Jerrz
  2. Remi l9l

Remi l9l Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +365 / 39 / -25
    Great write up and good series.

• Like Like x 5
    Remiaszl9l
  3. Beaudy x 91

Beaudy x 91 Remember me Yungbuzzz91

Discord:
    beaudyx91#0
    Ratings:
    +141 / 41 / -42
    Love my Oilers #champs and good series.

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  4. a1xFREAKx13

a1xFREAKx13 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    a1xFREAKx13#5407
    Ratings:
    +1,168 / 18 / -72
    We will be talking about this Oiler team for many many seasons to come, Congrats to all of you on such a great run..

• Winner Winner x 2
    No Streaming Account