NHL 20 Complaints and Suggestions/Improvements

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming Hockey League (LGHL)' started by SweetLou9208, Sep 10, 2019.

1. SweetLou9208

SweetLou9208 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    SweetLou#9373
    Ratings:
    +5,393 / 162 / -406
    After many of us grinding the shit out of the unlimited free trial, we’re starting to get a feel of what we don’t like and some bad things about the game.

Overall the game is very good but it of course can still use some improvements. However, as we’ve seen in the past when we give EA some suggestions and stuff we want fixed they do address most of the things we want but ignore some others bc they either disagree or prioritize things which sucks but oh well. More importantly we need to be careful what we tell them to fix bc as we’ve seen in the past we ask them to fix things we want and they do BUT they mess something else up.

Anyways, they have been pretty good lately at listening to us as long as we come together and convey the same complaints and suggestions across to them collectively, so let’s start a thread up here.

GAMEPLAY STUFF
    1.) Incidental contact - A little better than 19 but still needs lowered, too much pin ball and puck possession change numerous times in front of the net

2.) Bumps - Bumps are much much better than 19 but BIG builds can still bump at an alarmingly higher rate in HUT and EASHL

3.) Puck pick ups - they’re are almost too good, everyone tries to grab everything making for a number of scrambles/pinball in front of the net and the offense comes away with it more often

4.) Pass interceptions - pass ints when facing the wrong way or extending into the lane are still too high. There are so many passing lanes that are there and a guy is backwards or sideways and extends to take away passing lanes without pressing any button and while being out of position

5.) One timer accuracy is pretty messy I know it relies a lot on how you’re turned but that’s pretty hard to control and leads to way too many would be goals that are missed . I can see this becoming a problem and guys going to replays after games and saying I AIMED HERE, and showing the replay and it showing where they aimed but going somewhere else

GOALIE STUFF

1.) Goalies seem to not get save animations sometimes leading to a good amount of broken play/scramble goals still

2.) Rebounds - Goalies are giving up super fast rebounds off of slap shots. The rebound bounces out almost as fast as the shit comes in. The goalies don’t absorb them and really take any speed off of the rebound from the shit and it goes to another player usually way too fast making it almost impossible to defend but more so unrealistic

3.) Goalies Covering the Puck - pucks are getting saved by goalies but just sitting there and they tweak and can’t pick it up and everyone runs in and pokes or dives at the goalie to try to get it loose and in bc the whistle doesn’t blow.

EASHL BUILD STUFF
    1.) Increase all build overalls

2.) Traits - please take away the negative impact of traits and only have them effect attributes positively. There doesn’t need to be any penalty for having traits and too many of them take away from shooting which we don’t want

3.) Beta Builds vs Release Builds - If neither of the first two are changed, builds going from beta builds back to 19 builds (attribute wise) has the speed gap and pull away speed not nearly as good as it was in the beta, but it does make every build usable bc the big and lower end builds can skate now . However, I don’t like the lower pull away speed though so maybe instead of reverting the builds to the beta, bump those high end speed and short guys speeds/accel/agility/endurance up even more rather than lower the speed/accel/agility/endurance of the bigger and slower builds

• Like Like x 15
    • Get Good Get Good x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    SweeT9LoU84
  2. goonderk

goonderk goonderk#6561

Ratings:
    +2,919 / 14 / -27
    Too many interceptions when guy is facing the wrong way is a big one and glad it's on here. I assumed there was an "Eyes on the back of your head" trait for a little bit that I hadn't unlocked yet. I don't think one-timer accuracy is that big of a deal. So many one-timers and the like are being scored that wouldn't have been in several past iterations of the game. If you have low SSA and the pass is a bit off and such it affects the accuracy a significant amount.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  3. JerseyDevils 27

JerseyDevils 27 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    JerseyDevils 27#4349
    Ratings:
    +324 / 20 / -33
    no gm connected... not buying the game this year

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Troll Troll x 1
    No Streaming Account
  4. Stewkos

Stewkos Veteran Presence

Discord:
    Stewkos#4830
    Ratings:
    +869 / 12 / -17
    Regarding one timers, something I've noticed is it locks in your aim as soon as the shot command is registered. Previous years I believe it would aim based off the left stick when the shot is released. Just putting that out there for people who might not know, something to be aware of regarding aiming your one Ts.

Agree completely on bumps and interceptions, bumps are just stun locking again which I don't recall happening in the beta. It's one thing to have a speed advantage, but they have to remove the ability to back nudge in the same direction someone is skating. Interceptions will be talked about a lot, they're absolutely ridiculously overtuned right now. I had one where I was facing my own net and my guy reached back into the slot with one hand to take the puck off a guy I was horribly positioned to defend, it's just stupid.

Also, perhaps it's just the build changes but it seems like defenders are closing the gap on chase down plays again. I'll try to capture a few examples.

• Like Like x 3
    No Streaming Account
  5. Vellerz

Vellerz 2 Time Calder Cup Champ - 1 Time Playoff MVP

Discord:
    Vellerz#3871
    Ratings:
    +409 / 6 / -9
    As a goalie, the flashing animation while killing a penalty is infuriating!
    Like we need a strobe light going off while trying to shut down a 5 on 3.

The only option we have is to turn it off. Meaning we can't tell time EVER.
    At least give us the option to have the "Classic" scoreboard.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    No Streaming Account
  6. Winston Payne

Winston Payne Staff Emeritus

Discord:
    Winston Payne#4125
    Ratings:
    +1,170 / 0 / -1
    1) As a goalie who plays on fixed, I have the option of either not being able to see behind my net, turning the scoreboard off, or switching back to the Overhead camera. Given the number one complaint I saw during the beta was the scoreboard placement, I'm admittedly a little stunned this wasn't adjusted, even given the company we're dealing with.

2) Games last an eternity. I'm not sure if this is just because of the new scenes, if they slowed the clock down, or both.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2019
    • Like Like x 5
    winstonpayne_
  7. ZiggyP5

ZiggyP5 Antidisestablishmentarianism

Discord:
    ZiggyP5#8560
    Ratings:
    +242 / 49 / -35
    I see a lot of guys complaining about one touch passing. Seems difficult to get passes off quickly this year. Not sure if this is by design, just want to bring that to people's attention.

• Like Like x 2
    No Streaming Account
  8. CarneyeVORE

CarneyeVORE Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +464 / 28 / -20
    Goalie is infuriating - sit back and get sniped. Attack the shot and you dont have the speed to get over on a pass... not to mention the lack of animation for shots outside of a direct body shot.

Knowing you have to butterfly more for low saves due to the increased "bounce of the pad and in " there doesnt seem to be a reward for good positioning.

I wasnt a goal line goalie in 19 and I wont be in 20, but there definitely needs to be some improvement on the reaction animation and lateral movement.

• Like Like x 7
    wizard0fozzy
  9. SweetLou9208

SweetLou9208 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    SweetLou#9373
    Ratings:
    +5,393 / 162 / -406
    @jonlol @JmOnEy2436 can prob address this more. I'm sure the goalie discord is bumping lol

• Like Like x 1
    SweeT9LoU84
  10. Nxckles

Nxckles AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Discord:
    Nuckles#4604
    Ratings:
    +1,400 / 21 / -41
    To add to Lou's points

- GIVE US THE SMALL SCOREBOARD IN THE TOP CORNER. It's in other game modes like pro-am and arcade 3s, why the hell do we have to use a giant flashing scoreboard that prevents us from seeing the puck behind our own net?

- There has been a definite dip in shot power since the beta, don't know if that's because of the change in player builds or they just slowed it down. I feel like it could be a bit faster again.

- Pass speed is still kind of slow, and one-touch passes still have a delay sometimes (usually when picking up the puck along the boards).

- Stick lifts aren't as effective as they should be when you're in position. There have been times where it looked like the stick lift should have worked, and sure enough when I look at the replay at the next whistle my stick goes through their stick but it doesn't register as making contact.

- I feel like skating could be faster all-around, or maybe just increase the skating attributes on all the builds.

- Deflections are a bit insane right now, tone them down.

- I'm personally fine with nerfing the hell out of LTing with the puck, it's almost the same as 19 at this point (minus the speed boost).

- Please let us choose what specific servers we want to use when searching (west/central/east) or what server the game will use on the ready-up screen when matched up with another team.

• Like Like x 5
    No Streaming Account
  11. trevwings

trevwings 2nd best Trev in LG

Discord:
    TrevWings#8296
    Ratings:
    +1,012 / 47 / -81
    My biggest issue is just the passing. Not so much once the puck is off your stick, but it just seems like it takes so long for the puck to come off your stick in tight spaces. For example, you’ll have a guy on you but he has no way to reasonably be able to tip the pass, but it just goes off casper instead of being a clean pass. Everything else is minor and I don’t even think is worth addressing, for fear of EA going too far in the other direction.

• Like Like x 3
    No Streaming Account
  12. BullBreed333

BullBreed333 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    BullBreed#6785
    Ratings:
    +400 / 28 / -67
    -SCOREBOARD SUCKS, I just have it off all the time now.
    -increase passing accuracy, reduce ridic interceptions
    -tone down the bumps, which somehow got more effective recently
    -LT needs to be even less effective during skating anywhere with speed

• Like Like x 1
    Bullbreed333
  13. JEEEEEEBS

JEEEEEEBS VHL REFUGEE

Ratings:
    +319 / 12 / -14
    Lower all attributes to that of a 500k player.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
    JEEEEEEBS
  14. Vellerz

Vellerz 2 Time Calder Cup Champ - 1 Time Playoff MVP

Discord:
    Vellerz#3871
    Ratings:
    +409 / 6 / -9
    Where is said Goalie Discord, I'd love to get in on that!

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  15. TheHeroicDuck

TheHeroicDuck Well-Known Member

Discord:
    theheroicduck#0
    Ratings:
    +1,215 / 13 / -60
    Main complaint is that I require my damn jersey tuck. Second complaint is that I think they need to dish out more xp per game to give me my damn jersey tuck.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    TheHeroicDuck
  16. Nxckles

Nxckles AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Discord:
    Nuckles#4604
    Ratings:
    +1,400 / 21 / -41
    Oh yeah, forgot about this. They said you would get it by level 25, but I'm over level 30 and still don't have it.... :mad:

No Streaming Account
  17. Dr Yargage

Dr Yargage Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Dr Yargage#3328
    Ratings:
    +1,058 / 22 / -33
    Scoreboard sucks.

Big builds should be able to bump small guys. You are 5'7" 90 speed, the big guy is 80ish speed and has 10 more points of checking than you do balance. I'm sorry but in real life, size is really important. Small players have to be extremely elusive and skilled to make it. Defense is already hard this year. You can't make forwards untouchable.

No look interceptions.

Goalie covers.

Goals counting that should be goalie interference.

Trigger Pass speed too slow still.

The builds being changed back to NHL 19 I'm not sure why it happened or if the beta builds would actually be better for balance reasons.

• Like Like x 4
    dryargage
  18. TheHeroicDuck

Discord:
    theheroicduck#0
    Ratings:
    +1,215 / 13 / -60
    Yeah exactly that's why im so pissed. Fucking rammer

TheHeroicDuck
  19. TheHeroicDuck

Discord:
    theheroicduck#0
    Ratings:
    +1,215 / 13 / -60
    Yeah the 1Ts almost feel like they are being aimed with auto shot aim. Change the aim back to normal please

• Like Like x 2
    TheHeroicDuck
  20. Stewkos

Stewkos Veteran Presence

Discord:
    Stewkos#4830
    Ratings:
    +869 / 12 / -17
    It's not, my guess is that the shot animation you get is contextual based on where you're trying to shoot. So for people who are used to adjusting their shot late, it's throwing them off.

No Streaming Account