NHL 20 Complaints and Suggestions/Improvements

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming Hockey League (LGHL)' started by SweetLou9208, Sep 10, 2019.

1. Redmile89

Redmile89 Knock Knock

Discord:
    redmile89#0
    Ratings:
    +707 / 38 / -43
    This scoreboard needs to be addressed. Having to shut if off is not ideal, and it’s very hard to make defensive plays behind your own net when you can’t see jack shit.

Even tracking loose pucks down is a struggle sometimes, and I literally feel like I have a blind fold on.

Bring back the old option. The most idiotic adjustment they’ve made so far.

I know it’s a dumb complaint but cmon

• Like Like x 1
    Redmile89
  2. Eamonn

Eamonn Well-Known Member

Discord:
    eamonn#0602
    Ratings:
    +1,093 / 17 / -68
    Pretty sure I was alread
    I only get this option on the main menu. I don't get it when I'm in the world of chel settings menu. Same for you? I switch it to small and then go to world of chel settings and it's on authentic.

eamonnjcf
  3. NINETY ElGHT

NINETY ElGHT Warning Group

Discord:
    Ninety Elght#9689
    Ratings:
    +827 / 29 / -86
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
    NINETYElght
  4. TwitchBiLL3Y

TwitchBiLL3Y TwitchBiLL3Y

Discord:
    TwitchBiLL3Y#2185
    Ratings:
    +387 / 64 / -97
    Everything is good each year come release date leave the game how it was made and is as the game just gets worse n worse with updates...but good luck to all in nhl 20!

BiLL3Y
  5. Crankov

Crankov Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +373 / 22 / -61
    I wouldn’t call the game good. There’s too many issues. We are just used to the garbage of 19. For the game to be good. There should be zero issues. Too many game breaking shit happening.

Goalies
    Some shots my g doesn’t react.
    Covers are inconsistent
    The traits shouldn’t take away attributes.

Facing good teams. A lot just shoot it along the ice. One game that’s all one winger did. Hoping for no reaction from the goalie.

No Streaming Account
  6. l Meezyy l

l Meezyy l @MeezyNHL

Ratings:
    +49 / 8 / -11
    Adjust.

• Funny Funny x 1
    No Streaming Account
  7. l Bossy l x 22

l Bossy l x 22 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Bossy#9297
    Ratings:
    +3,325 / 126 / -162
    I'm sure someone has said this already, but there needs to be a way to skip the period and end of game highlights. They just aren't necessary and waste time (they are in every single game mode also). If an actual nice play happens, that's what clips are for.

• Like Like x 4
    bossy_22_
  8. MAGZ I3I

MAGZ I3I Well-Known Member

Discord:
    magz_3#0
    Ratings:
    +345 / 1 / -11
    I agree with most of this. But the bigger slower builds should still be able to bump. Strength is a factor when bumping. So i think its silly to not allow a larger player to bump a smaller one. Im sure people watched the st louis blues win the cup irl. And therefore bumps and constant checking is a part of the game. It was admitted the bumps are better. And the complaint is that bigger builds can still bump. Well, its physics so i think they shouldn’t change anything in regards to bumps.

No Streaming Account
  9. TheHeroicDuck

TheHeroicDuck Well-Known Member

Discord:
    theheroicduck#0
    Ratings:
    +1,215 / 13 / -60
    Yes it says authentic in game but it definitely looks like a smaller version. it looks like half the thickness as long as its on small in main menu settings.

TheHeroicDuck
  10. Eamonn

Eamonn Well-Known Member

Discord:
    eamonn#0602
    Ratings:
    +1,093 / 17 / -68
    The bigger slow builds are too fast so they become the meta. If they were like the beta it'd be fine (they had like 77 skating).

I'll do some testing. Going to mess around with bigger indicators and all that.

eamonnjcf
  11. MAGZ I3I

MAGZ I3I Well-Known Member

Discord:
    magz_3#0
    Ratings:
    +345 / 1 / -11
    In the beta im pretty sure my DD at 6’2 205 had 81 81 spd acc and could hardly bump. Now that i can bump (not nearly as good as 19 however) im happy. I dont feel fast by any means. All i know is the biggest defenseman an build in the game should be able to bump. Grinders, power forwards, and defensive dman should be able to bump. Shouldn’t be an argument. The argument used to be builds like dangler could bump. Well they fixed that. And how it is now is great. Because if it wasnt the way it is now i would say their physics engine is a joke.

No Streaming Account
  12. PuckNastyI8I

PuckNastyI8I Veteran Old Man

Discord:
    PuckNastyI8I#6057
    Ratings:
    +200 / 29 / -30
    Some of the animations arent natural and too quick..as a G ive seen way too many goals that shouldnt even had a chance. Almost feels like my G isnt scaled correctly..player feels small even at 6'2

Last edited: Sep 11, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
    XBOXPuckinNutz
  13. SweetLou9208

SweetLou9208 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    SweetLou#9373
    Ratings:
    +5,393 / 162 / -406
    Bumping is about speed they said this yr, you have to have speed or momentum. If you have more than the other you can bump him, if you're standing still and.they are pulling away you're not suppose to be able to.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    SweeT9LoU84
  14. PuckNastyI8I

PuckNastyI8I Veteran Old Man

Discord:
    PuckNastyI8I#6057
    Ratings:
    +200 / 29 / -30
    I give the game 6.75 of 10 stars

XBOXPuckinNutz
  15. Follisimo

Follisimo Two-Way

Discord:
    Avalanchian#3515
    Ratings:
    +113 / 5 / -17
    Passing is too damn slow and I feel it's why pass interceptions are so high. It's like t hey fixed players getting passes and not really losing speed but they lowered the pass speed to negate the complete advantages of it.

Passes should be crisp and fast if charged. Even normal passes should have more power behind them.

• Like Like x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
    Rhapsodical
  16. SweetLou9208

SweetLou9208 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    SweetLou#9373
    Ratings:
    +5,393 / 162 / -406
    The screen shaking aka screen tearing seems to be happening to a lot of people

• Like Like x 2
    SweeT9LoU84
  17. Heinz13

Heinz13 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +511 / 24 / -50
    NHL20. 4.5/10

• Like Like x 1
    • Get Good Get Good x 1
    eheinz32
  18. xJLucas

xJLucas Well-Known Member

Discord:
    xjlucas#0
    Ratings:
    +272 / 12 / -19
    Now that nostalgia is gone I honestly believe this is one of the most unbalanced releases I’ve played. Once you grind higher level competition you realize the exploits atm. Mostly been playing HUT so far but To add my opinion to what’s already been said:
    It’s all offense. Bumps don’t work so holding puck is way too easy. Poking isn’t effective. Wiggle slow skating for perfect puck control pickups is back. Stride dekes are op to open up space. Dekes in general give you a bubble from hits. A point slap with power can hit a twig and fall for a perfect in stride pickup at their feet. Ai is poor, I’ve run into many cases where they are stuck offside or they slow down to be tied up for 2v1 instead of driving the net with speed, Goalies can save a game from amazing plays. And those puck interceptions are gross.

Oh and puck ragging is still too easy with no punishment

Pretty disappointed so far tbh

• Creative Creative x 1
    No Streaming Account
  19. xJLucas

xJLucas Well-Known Member

Discord:
    xjlucas#0
    Ratings:
    +272 / 12 / -19
    The good things: 6s felt ok but I haven’t played elite level competition yet. Goalies have a skill gap it seems. Tips and wraps add variety. Offense can snipe. There’s no game breaking bugs like in 19

But Now that the novelty is gone I honestly believe this is one of the most unbalanced releases I’ve played. Once you grind higher level competition you realize the exploits atm. Mostly been playing HUT so far but To add my opinion to what’s already been said:
    It’s all offense. Bumps don’t work so holding puck is way too easy. Poking isn’t effective. Wiggle slow skating for perfect puck control pickups is back. Stride dekes are op to open up space. Dekes in general give you a bubble from hits. This encourages individual thumb wiggle carries over creative cycle play.

A point slap with power can hit a twig and fall for a perfect in stride pickup at their feet. There’s a little stutter that slows down when skating back, good idea in principle but really hurts fluid skating and a dman’s ability to guard a rush when forwards cut and streak. Ai is poor, I’ve run into many cases where they are stuck offside or they slow down to be tied up for 2v1 instead of driving the net with speed, Goalies can save a game from amazing plays. And those puck interceptions are gross.

Soundtrack makes my ears bleed. There are so many menus I had an easier time navigating all the virus pop-ups on my cpu in the 90s. The scoreboard shouldn’t be at the bottom with PP time such a small font to see from a game design perspective. Announcing is still stale and repetitive. M Servers already kicked me from 3 games. It still takes an hour to open all your hockey bags, slomo replays are unskippable and waste my life, and the games tone feels as arcady and cringe as Fortnite dances.

Oh, and puck ragging is still too easy with no punishment

Tldr: I’m pretty disappointed at how average it is so far tbh

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  20. Mxckie

Mxckie Banana League Hero

Ratings:
    +3,834 / 315 / -317
    Catch up speed needs to die and straight line speed needs to return. Playing HUT and you can get a breakaway with Gretzky and be caught by Huddy who was a line behind you when you both started skating. Needs to be returned to the beta and be taken out of the game. We've gone back to oh I positioned horribly good thing I can skate at triple your speed to catch up.

And for the love of god can they add the new save animations they were talking about up back in? It's like they completely removed them from the game because they didn't work in the beta. Did they not test them all year? Are game changers being flown over to just sit in a circle and talk about the previous game and not test the new shit? Did nobody tell them months ago hey this doesn't work the puck goes 15 feet high every deflection, maybe take some time to fix it?

Games gone from NHL 20 in beta to NHL 19.1 because they just removed the new shit and tuned it back to trash. Glad EA can listen when people tell them something is fine!

• Funny Funny x 2
    iMackie21