Should traits have a negative effect in EASHL?

Discussion in 'EA NHL Series' started by SweetLou9208, Sep 26, 2019.

?

Should putting a trait (1 or 2) on your player have a negative effect on attributes

1. Yes

14.7%
  2. No

85.3%
  1. NCaallDAY 1

NCaallDAY 1 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    NCaallDAY 1#8594
    Ratings:
    +106 / 15 / -7
    Loaded question for sure. The traits shouldn't alter 6 different things in a negative way is the biggest issue. If everyone wants skill gap; having no negative effects to traits would not be the way to go. Why would we want everyone playing with practically the same guy. One example brought up a lot is core balance affecting everything else which makes little sense. Keep negative effects but make them a little more reasonable/realistic. I think a bigger issue which won't be popular is just RNG/Ice tilt in general. It's to the point if you score a goal you're guaranteed to get 2 more within a few mins of game time. It needs to be more realistic. Or is this what we are accepting that every other game is now 7 to 6, 6-4 etc. I know forwards are happy about the ease we have with scoring so much now. But what about defensemen and goalies? More balance is all I'm saying.

No Streaming Account
  2. DerpyDaymare

DerpyDaymare わたしはよいゴールキーパーじぇない。でも、わたしはおたくです.

Ratings:
    +176 / 2 / -3
    While goalies are definitely weaker than they should be in some areas, the ease of scoring has more been goalie requiring more skill and defense being harder this year, more than the system being broken. A lot of the goals I've seen going in probably shouldn't be regularly stopped by an average goalie. Goalies probably could use a bit of a buff but I don't think that the system itself is one of the major problems there

DerpyDaymare
  3. ItsUncleLeooo

ItsUncleLeooo Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    Yes there is the fact they are visible to the other teams and like you said lowering your high/low save numbers aren’t worth it and thats why I think there is no use to use them as a goalie the negative effect on high and low and vision might actually be a thing for goalies this time around so I basically worry about that myself

No Streaming Account
  4. xJLucas

xJLucas Well-Known Member

Discord:
    xjlucas#0
    Ratings:
    +272 / 12 / -19
    Hit the nail on the head! It’s the same faulty mechanics and Ignite engine with minimal overhaul in design. I think they only play with sliders for when they need tuning; beefing the AI passing-balance-puck control, and making them more aggressive or less>smarter. It doesn’t really solve gameplay issues

No Streaming Account
  5. koberipple

koberipple Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 2 / -2
    I'm not delusional,
    Goalie traits and builds should maybe be hidden then?

Miggsy1974
  6. ItsUncleLeooo

ItsUncleLeooo Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    If you think they should be, I don't use traits

No Streaming Account
  7. ToneCarbone

ToneCarbone Legend

Discord:
    ToneCarbone#7610
    Ratings:
    +109 / 31 / -30
    Ya take the good...
    Ya take the bad...
    Ya take'em both, and there ya have...
    The facts of life...
    The facts of life.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    ToneCarbone
  8. ItsUncleLeooo

ItsUncleLeooo Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    Ok who was your girl in that show be honest the bigger one right ? or the manly one?

No Streaming Account
  9. LB58

LB58 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    In my opinion this is one of the most complete NHL games that have come out in a while. Aside from some balancing and tweaking of certain things such as goalie covering, pass interception when players aren't even looking, and as player builds go I think there should be a negative but some traits seem like they drop others a bit much. I did always like the full customization via points with the +1, +3, +5 but just my 2 cents.

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  10. koberipple

koberipple Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 2 / -2
    I'm Indifferent. Was a response to that comment

• Like Like x 1
    Miggsy1974
  11. Eamonn

Eamonn Well-Known Member

Discord:
    eamonn#0602
    Ratings:
    +1,093 / 17 / -68
    The EA guy was basically saying it's not fair that traits wouldn't punish you because you need to level up to get them giving new players a disadvantage? Okay then just give everyone the traits to begin with and don't have any punishments on the traits.. it's an easy fix. Even with how it is now don't you basically get all the traits by level 30 or so?

It's kind of hilarious that this is the argument they are using when back in the day you could literally pay to have boosts to make your guy better. Sort of the opposite of how EA usually works with pay to win. Good guy EA?

• Like Like x 1
    eamonnjcf
  12. syngizzam

syngizzam Well-Known Member

Discord:
    SynGizzam#4893
    Ratings:
    +121 / 3 / -6
    To be honest I just want them to nerf the stick lifts. Its pretty bad when I know I cant win a race to a puck even when the other guy is a few feet behind me. I know he has the advantage because he can stick lift me before I even have the chance to get the pick up animation. Also missed stick lifts rarely give you a penalty so people use them in almost every situation and alot of times they just get it even when body positioning is awful.

SynGizzam
  13. DerpyDaymare

Ratings:
    +176 / 2 / -3
    Between the no microtransaction loot bags and the attempt to keep things "fair for casual and elite players" it feels like EA is using club mode in this and FIFA as a sort of PR scapegoat in a miserable attempt to try and offset the rest of their bs

• Like Like x 2
    DerpyDaymare
  14. Blindzy2149

Blindzy2149 :) Im back

Discord:
    blindzy2149#0
    Ratings:
    +146 / 27 / -61
    they have boosted the speed of the game and already gave the skater a big advantage in 20 losing some stats to boost others makes sense to me. if everyone was rated higher then around 80-84 overall the game would suck and the mechanics would be shit. you want to be 99 overalls play be a pro and see how that effects the game and how its unrealistic. The game is great they need to fix glitchs in the game like teleporting and goalie mechanics where they dont change there angle for side shots and put there leg in the net. not worry about bruised egos from guys in there basement not being the greatest player in the world.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    No Streaming Account
  15. a Living Pylon

a Living Pylon Keyboard Warrior

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -1
    I think for balance sake it is kinda needed. Other wise we would end up back in NHL...what was it, 14? The one where everyone ran a playmaker or power-forward since they could snipe with the perks and hold onto the puck like a one-person show?

They really should focus on fixing the game before worrying about remastering traits. I know we'd all like to have meta builds and be a hive-mind, but too many people would complain, again.

• Winner Winner x 1
    No Streaming Account
  16. DerpyDaymare

Ratings:
    +176 / 2 / -3
    The problem with the old system that people seem to forget is outside of drop in players there was like no build variety. People just figured out which attributes you needed to have at 99, and picked the player style that let you have 99 in all of those. All the skater and goalie builds were effectively the same, which is no different than what were at now

• Like Like x 1
    DerpyDaymare
  17. xCHAMPx75

xCHAMPx75 xCHAMPx75

Ratings:
    +36 / 3 / -4
    No to that one. Its more of an even playing field way it is now.

No Streaming Account
  18. xl NiTeOwL lx

xl NiTeOwL lx 555

Ratings:
    +125 / 3 / -12
    Can we get a level up system like FIFA please???? The more games I play with my guy, the better he should get. no one should be penalized for playing the game more than another person...Negative affects on traits is the dumbest idea to date. E.G. Core Balance. Balance should increase my shot trait, not decrease it.....

• Dumb Dumb x 1
    Niteowl06
  19. AgedQuod

AgedQuod Do or do not, there is no try

Ratings:
    +211 / 9 / -21
    I dont see how someone could actually notice a 2 to 6% increase or decrease in attribute while playing this game

• Winner Winner x 1
    slivers311
  20. adidaht88

adidaht88 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    adidaht#5622
    Ratings:
    +82 / 21 / -34
    Goalie traits are absolutely useless, moreso than skater traits.

• Winner Winner x 1
    adidaht88