Should traits have a negative effect in EASHL?

Discussion in 'EA NHL Series' started by SweetLou9208, Sep 26, 2019.

?

Should putting a trait (1 or 2) on your player have a negative effect on attributes

1. Yes

14.7%
  2. No

85.3%
  1. Dr Yargage

Dr Yargage Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Dr Yargage#3328
    Ratings:
    +1,058 / 22 / -33
    Our players are 74 overalls.... make them yourself in create a player.... 2nd line AHLers is what we use

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    dryargage
  2. adidaht88

adidaht88 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    adidaht#5622
    Ratings:
    +82 / 21 / -34
    Wanting an ingame artificial advantage because you played more hours? Sounds like you fucking suck at this game. To want rewards for grinding more in a competitive game is beyond pathetic.

• Like Like x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
    adidaht88
  3. xl NiTeOwL lx

xl NiTeOwL lx 555

Ratings:
    +125 / 3 / -12
    quite possibly the dumbest thing ive wasted my time reading here lol. no other game but chel makes it even across the board as you continue to rank up. CoD, NBA, FIFA just to name a few. by the way, check my stats one day...far from sucking lmao

• Dumb Dumb x 1
    Niteowl06
  4. CAPTAIN WINKYY

CAPTAIN WINKYY Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 10 / -12
    Traits? That's the topic? I guess you have to settle for the games you get.

GAMECHANGERS and Microtransactions have ruined the game. (Since 1991 I have played the EA NHL Franchise..Originally called 'EA' NHL Hockey) EA appealed to Socisl Media HUT, MUT, FUT only positive video posters and commenters.

Traits shouldn't be in any NHL game. The reason we do not enjoy playing this game anymore is as follows: The connection and its correlation to cutting the amount of animations online so it runs smoothly. (In other words, since NHL 2008 2 vs. 2 online, connection is the main driver of play and advantage) The NHL Series is EA's last on the list care. (I won't mention the problems with its other sport franchises and decisions for the most profit over gameplay and consumer)

Secondly, regarding traits, they shouldn't be in the game. Fair play was the concern? No, online stability under the Ignite engine and fixing the profit potential of HUT. Game sales and gameplay is not really where modern video games generate most of their profits.
    --EA should have just implemented the FIFA attribute system or even kept the old attribute system with rewarding the online player with merit and grades that matter. Not pink hats and lumberjack skates. (Awful) Then they couldn't implement stable goalies and even their own jerseys online. All of EA connections/servers have tremendous problems, even in their much bigger titles, because it is costly to run direct servers, let alone the current way things work that are much less costly. ROOKIE, AMATEUR, VETERAN AND LEGEND CARDS, with 3 levels in each, gave the consumer something to play for, play properly, learn the game, stay in games and play as a teammate. This prompted hockey in a team play atmosphere.
    -Now, it wasn't perfect and more of a FIFA bigger and more detailed system should have been implemented.. along with ROOKIE, VERERAN AND EXPERT LOBBIES ONLINE. Rookie lobbies allowing all cameras, assists, sliders (passing) tips and hints to be changed or on. EXPERT lobbies giving more rewards, benefits, experience and/or attributes/player upgrading. EXPERT lobby, being just that. Forcing BE A PRO cameras on during a BE A PRO MODE, (That League Gaming is) forcing assists off (backskating, passing, goalie sweeps/covers off, tips off, hints off, etc etc.

It was easy to fix this game and their other sports games and they chose not and weighed profit/stock impact. EA made the correct choice but, failed the consumer. Gave us half finished and outdated products.

When you ask about traits and include "Gamechangers", we laugh and are embarrassed at the suggestion of continuing to play year after year. The NHL, FIFA, MADDEN and NBA (oh sorry) games are laughed and a subject of embarrassment when brought up in conversations.

Go play a game offline and then one online and see the huge difference in ever instance. That's why I left these EA Online gaming leagues years ago.

Lastly, WE look forward to hockey and are avid sports fans. WE would hugely enjoy a great EA game and consume everything involved at the drop of a hat. WE look for any excuse to buy and play any EA Sports game and it is so difficult to find any reason to do so in the last 4 years (Madden since 07.....I won't mention that other company they took football away from in a monopoly and screwed the consumer)

Traits? That's the topic? I guess you have to settle for the games you get.

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  5. Too Much Twoco

Too Much Twoco Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Too Much Twoco#2520
    Ratings:
    +454 / 2 / -17
    The issue with the old way is that people who don't buy the game at release or can't play a lot are at a disadvantage vs "legend 3" guys. LG should be quality of players rather than volume at which they play the game. (I'm always on so doesn't apply to me)

I think a fair compromise would be to have the perks "level up" with each prestige (example below). It would allow those that play a lot to have something to work towards and from EA perspective it keeps people playing.

Example uses Hockey IQ but logic would apply to all primary and secondary perks

1st 50 - Unlock Hockey IQ 1

Prestige 1 - unlock hockey IQ 2

Prestige 2 - Unlock Hockey IQ 1 BUT no loss to strength

Prestige 3 - unlock hockey IQ 2 BUT no loss to strength

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  6. Bassani 097

Bassani 097 This place is a joke.

Discord:
    Bassani 097#6008
    Ratings:
    +217 / 47 / -52
    How about they just go back to the system that they had on last gen where the boosts that you put on your player actually mattered. Had a convo with one of the EA guys in their forums. As for the goalies, example of sealed 5 hole which clearly does nothing along with every other perk, I was told that it's just a chance of sealing off the 5 hole. If it's just a "chance", there's really no point.

Bring back the last gen system where we had full control over our builds. If they'd like to add in the pre built builds for those who don't want to mess with a build on their own, fine. But those of us who want full control over our builds, let us have it. If they're going to add in these perks, traits, whatever, make them actually do something.

The game is literally getting worse each & every year. It's funny how every year everyone says, last years game was better even though we all hated it. Go back to '12 when the game was actually fun.

• Like Like x 2
    No Streaming Account
  7. CAPTAIN WINKYY

Ratings:
    +12 / 10 / -12
    I will add: Skill is much less a factor in winning. That is our major problem. The games are now developed to appeal more to the casual gamer and include all for more of a "fair and balanced gameplay experience". That is not competition. That is trying to sell more games and in game crap.

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  8. IRISH CANTY

IRISH CANTY Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Bring back the attribute system

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  9. CAPTAIN WINKYY

Ratings:
    +12 / 10 / -12

No Streaming Account
  10. Dxmba

Dxmba Dude!

Discord:
    dxmba#0
    Ratings:
    +217 / 9 / -31
    Make a build like old gen and everything will be perfect

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  11. Dashiki B

Dashiki B Da Bomb Brothers

Ratings:
    +1,606 / 137 / -228
    TLDR

LET US MAKE OUR OWN BUILDS IN THE GAME AGAIN

• Winner Winner x 1
  12. Flakes x 73

Flakes x 73 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 2 / -4
    My biggest issue with the “negative” trait effects is that a lot of them don’t make sense. Core balance takes away from your wrist shot. Why would better balance negatively impact your wrist shot? It should boost it.

• Useful Useful x 1
    No Streaming Account
  13. adidaht88

adidaht88 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    adidaht#5622
    Ratings:
    +82 / 21 / -34
    You literally are asking for the ability to have a better player than your opponents. You are not satisfied being on equal ground in something people want to be competitive. You list off games that don't have huge Esports scenes, where I could name games with even bigger competitive scenes that DON'T give advantages. Dota 2, Starcraft for example. All it comes down to is that you're a pussy to want artificial advantages over your opponent. I wouldn't be surprised to hear you are a big spender on HUT for this reason.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    adidaht88
  14. Flakes x 73

Flakes x 73 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 2 / -4
    It should work like this:

Everyone gets a certain amount of attribute points, and we spend them however we like. Player build, height, and weight determines the starting value and cap in each attribute, and then we build our player however we want from there.
    Basically 2K without the progression

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  15. DerpyDaymare

DerpyDaymare わたしはよいゴールキーパーじぇない。でも、わたしはおたくです.

Ratings:
    +176 / 2 / -3
    That's kind of how it used to be and everyone just ended up using the same two builds, which isn't any different than just using the presets

Treading dangerously close to nba2k p2w structure here.

• Like Like x 1
    DerpyDaymare
  16. Portcenter

Portcenter Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +107 / 4 / -12
    I honestly think we should have 3 traits and 2 specialty traits and maybe just add like +2 to every attribute to every player type so our guys can be a bit better generally

porter53
  17. zMON5T3R

zMON5T3R Well-Known Member

Discord:
    zmon5t3r#0
    Ratings:
    +347 / 33 / -64
    From a cone dman like myself i think defense is alot more realistic this year, if youre not careful you get burned alot easier. Only complaint i have is the poke checks, if you are back skating and the foward is in front of you 8/10 pokes result in a penalty, where bumps are no longer effective its a little harder to strip the puck now.

No Streaming Account
  18. xO i L C i t Yx

xO i L C i t Yx Tommy Salo

Ratings:
    +100 / 12 / -12
    I’d say for info to pass along my opinion the 5 hole trait in goalies doesn’t matter. You can be a 70 something or a 90 it’s all about pushing RT. Goalie isn’t really to bad.

No Streaming Account
  19. Crookedsback

Crookedsback Well-Known Member

Discord:
    crookedsback#0
    Ratings:
    +222 / 27 / -39
    I too don't care about the traits as we find a way to make a build without negatively impacting to much in certain criteria. I'd rather have ea fix the goalies and puck pick ups/interception of passes

No Streaming Account
  20. deadbloatedgoat

deadbloatedgoat Goat_Goatingham

Ratings:
    +2 / 3 / -11
    I always enjoyed the NHL14 version the best to muck around with building my skater.

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account