Media The ESHL Report: S12 W1

Discussion in 'E-Sports Hockey League' started by APsychicTaco, Sep 28, 2019.

1. APsychicTaco

APsychicTaco Scrub Goalie Supreme

Ratings:
    +3,959 / 189 / -263
    I've thought about doing a small media post each week for what is going to be a long ESHL season. With pre-season rankings can be a bit stale, especially with teams often being so close in points at the top, I thought this may be a bit easier to produce and be just as enjoying to read. Enjoy!

Surprises:

- No team finishes week 1 undefeated!

While NHL20 is still a new game with many teams finding their footing nobody appears to have that step ahead of the rest. Sold Out does stand alone with an extra point with said point coming from the difference of an overtime loss against Hidden Potential. Meanwhile only 6 teams have reached the end of the week with only ONE loss! This could be one of the deepest ESHL team lists in the Space Esports Era.

- Scary Hours hanging tough

With Vaporize leaving last minute to join Prophecy they had to quickly find a replacement right before the season kicked off. Their week 1 schedule wasn't a cake walk either with the likes of Legacy, Integrity, and Olympus testing out their new defensive pairing early. It appears so far that they are up to the challenge with a respectable 6-2 week which matched Prophecy's efforts. Their week 2 matchups will be a real litmus test however with Sold Out, Underdogs, BBB, and Propechy on the schedule.

Disappointments:

- Rated R calling it quits early

Rated R struggled right away with what they would consider as "bad" losses to Phantoms, Culture and Beginners Luck on the first night. Even with that poor display it makes little sense to forfeit the entire second night of games and put themselves 13 points back of the playoffs only one week in. A lot of things can change over 7 weeks, including figuring out your own issues. Hopefully they consider a return for week 2.

- Space Esports' team looks lost again

I understand being the organizer of the event you want to have your own team participate but it looks weird seeing Space take up a spot in the bottom third of the standings every season. Only one point garnered from a OTL and already forfeiting a game things do not look promising. It would be nice to see them competitive for once, either by having another team adopt their name or assemble a more respectable lineup.

Taco's games to keep an :eyes: on: 10/2-10/3 (Ranks are based on standings, adjusted for GD tiebreaker for tied teams)

Wed Oct 02 - 09:00 pm [​IMG] #2 Composure @ [​IMG] #1 Sold Out

The current #1 takes on #2 to start the week off and I wouldn't want it any other way.

Wed Oct 02 - 10:00 pm [​IMG] #10 Scary Hours @ [​IMG] #11 Prophecy

Scary Hours will be looking to show Vape he made the wrong decision in what should be a thrilling matchup.

Wed Oct 02 - 11:00 pm [​IMG] #14 Hidden Potential @ [​IMG] #4 The Underdogs

Two teams with the potential to put plenty of pucks in the net. Expect a barn burner here to close out the night.

Thu Oct 03 - 09:00 pm [​IMG] #13 BBB @ [​IMG] #2 Composure

Broadcast game #1 puts to of the all-time greats on the ice for their first matchup of NHL20.

Thu Oct 03 - 09:30 pm [​IMG] #16 Olympus @ [​IMG] #3 Entourage

The 2nd lowest goals-against Olympus against the 3rd highest goals-for Entourage.

Thu Oct 03 - 10:30 pm [​IMG] #20 Code of Conduct @ [​IMG] #15 Dog Dads

Both teams coming in with playoff expectations. These are the games you have to win to achieve those goals.

• Like Like x 22
    • Winner Winner x 10
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
    APsychicTaco
  2. Koho

Koho Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Koho#5978
    Ratings:
    +452 / 43 / -30
    Great write up taco

• Like Like x 1
  3. I Karmz I

I Karmz I Let’s Go Pens

Discord:
    Karma#1496
    Ratings:
    +47 / 0 / -4
    nice write up man

karmai2i
  4. l Doughty l

l Doughty l Jeremy

Discord:
    Doughty#9625
    Ratings:
    +456 / 27 / -57
    Solid, need more of this. Fun for us eshl players to have some content as well. Keep it up buddy!

• Dumb Dumb x 1
    Doughtyy_NHL
  5. TheGreatMP7

TheGreatMP7 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    mp74907#0
    Ratings:
    +574 / 11 / -62
    TMZ Taco

• Like Like x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
    No Streaming Account
  6. Redmile89

Redmile89 Knock Knock

Discord:
    redmile89#0
    Ratings:
    +707 / 38 / -43
    Nice write up man!

Redmile89
  7. ShortyxLOSE

ShortyxLOSE LG Deputy Commish | LGHL Commish | ESHL Staff

Discord:
    ShortyxLOSE#0738
    Ratings:
    +922 / 0 / -1
    If there’s anyone streaming for these games, post them in the ESHL server (streams channel). We will try to promote all of these.

ShortyxLOSE