S34 Preseason Rankings: Metropolitan Division

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming Hockey League (LGHL)' started by Gilbzey, Oct 2, 2019.

?

Who will make the playoffs in the Metropolitan?

Poll closed Oct 9, 2019.
  1. Carolina Hurricanes

61.1%
  2. Washington Capitals

35.7%
  3. Philadelphia Flyers

35.7%
  4. Colombus Blue Jackets

17.5%
  5. New Jersey Devils

30.2%
  6. Pittsburgh Penguins

34.9%
  7. New York Islanders

11.9%
  8. New York Rangers

7.9%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Giilbz

Giilbz Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,683 / 42 / -118
    Welcome to MY opinion on team rankings heading into S34. The following teams will be graded on a 10 point format based on: Management Group (0-3) Pre-Bidding Roster (0-2) and Bidding (0-5). I will do 1 division at a time, and these are 100% my thoughts, if you get butthurt for me putting you under worst contract then just remember it only hurts if it’s true. Prove me wrong if I rated you badly, or just like my post and move along cause why would you care about my opinion anyway. Here goes nothing.

East Metropolitan

:team74: Carolina Hurricanes :team74:

Management Group: @JClaus33 & @ScaryJoeyy - On paper, the best management duo in my opinion, when you have 2 of the consensus best centers league-wide on free contracts you’re bound to do great things. (3/3)

Returning Roster: @SuupBaby, @stammerchel & @HyperDeezNutz return from the Philadelphia team that missed playoffs on game 82 last season. I believe these are 3 good returning contracts as none of these players are overpriced, and allow Claus to go into S34 with some familiar faces in place. (1/2)

Bidding: The Carolina Hurricanes won a total of 12 players in bidding, and built a very well rounded team from top to bottom, not to mention a very scary game 7 line. With a few players playing both consoles as well as 4 LW’s and 4 C’s on roster causing some players to move out of position, there could be issues that may need to be addressed later on. I also believe their 3rd line could use some work, but all around am a fan of this team. (4/5)

:flames: Best Contract: @AAli x 21 (C) 500,000 - S33: 14-8-1 37P (Good 2 way center that can move up and down the lineup, or be apart of a great west line)

:poop: Worst Contract: @ryno1354 (LW) $5,000,000 - S33: N/A (I’m sure this guy is good, but he’s never played LGHL, and his only stats for Xbox are as an LD, so, for now, he is the worst contract on a great team)

Rating: 8/10

Columbus: N/A

:team7: New Jersey Devils :team7:

Management Group:
    @Mr Ray Shero & @TheHeroicDuck - S33 Devils management duo returns again this season, giving them 2 good defensemen that can move around the top 4 for free. Although I'm not a fan of how many trades RGD makes, and he consistently is trolled for it, we can’t deny the fact that he is a good manager. (2/3)

Returning Roster: Just so I don’t have to give them a 0 I'll consider @oMalkin l71l & @Wrxsto as returning contracts as they will both obviously make the team. 2 of the better forwards from a weak draft allowed for NJ to build a team that would set their rookies up for success. (1/2)

Bidding: NJ won a full roster in bidding, 15 players. Bringing in @Twistafied to go with ESHL teammate @viv Fritz viv and longtime running mate @Sleeman Guy. As well as former 46 goal scorer @Zarvek (Under RGD’s management) and a great goaltending group in good hands with @APsychicTaco, I think this is a deep team built around chemistry and familiarity and is destined to succeed if not touched too much throughout the season. (4/5)

:flames: Best Contract: @Sleeman Guy (RD) $3,000,000 - S33: 17-7-3 18P (Maybe not the most individually gifted D, but a consistent 15 win player who has chemistry with what I assume to be the top line, can’t beat that)

:poop: Worst Contract: @Groulxz (RW) $5,000,000 - S33: 16-7-2 57P (Good player, I just don’t think he’s worth the 1st line price tag. I believe they could have got an equal caliber player at a lesser price)

Rating: (7/10)

:team27: New York Islanders :team27:

Management Group: @DADDYRIDESBIKE & @Potsy44 - Mr. Rides Bike returns to the Island again this season, hopefully with a manager that doesn’t leave midseason. I’m sorry boys but based on past success I just can’t see it working out, I know last season was not DRBs fault, but you can’t help but look at this duo and expect failure. (Please prove me wrong) (.5/3)

Returning Roster: @Nybo x 3 returns to the Islanders. 6 wins last season at $3,000,000. An overpay in my mind, I think he would have gone less in bidding. Although last season's team was bad, I’m not faulting him alone for only having 6 wins. (.5/2)

Bidding: Okay boys finally some positive review to this team! The Islanders won 14 players in bidding, and I am actually a fan of the roster built. @CT 66, @Daddy Kaneee and @goonderk are all on great deals, and other members of the roster like @justlax10, @TheAngryNachos, and @brandovedo are priced well enough to exceed expectations. I think this team has a great forward group and will put the puck in the other teams net a lot, but unless @Winston Payne stands on his head (which we know he can) they might have issues keeping the puck out of theirs. (3.5/5)

:flames: Best Contract: @goonderk (LD) $4,000,000 - S33: 5-1-1 6P (Injury-prone Goonderk will need to stay healthy the full season in order to regain his reputation as a premier defenseman, but not often do you get a multiple time Norris candidate at 4 million)

:poop: Worst Contract: @Nybo x 3 (LD) $3,000,000 - S33: 6-14-3 7P (I know this guy wasn’t won in bidding, but he should have been there…)

Rating: (4.5/10)

:team12: New York Rangers :team12:

Management Group: @Devin Decibel & wait, what? - Devin Decibel is back for the Rangers this season, congrats on getting your team back. I’m not sure what to write about a team that finished bidding without even having a GM. (.5/3)

Returning Roster: @ItJustTy93, @mooresy 27, @FtB x Sauce, @CrazyJ0eDavola & @EgoKiller43 return to the Rags. I think outside of Mooresy (who plays better than his contract) and Ty93 (who plays worse than his) that this team had contracts right at value. It’s always good to go into bidding with a group of guys you know, also worth noting the Rangers had 4 players over .500 last season and 3 are returning, and Sauce lead the team in points. (1.5/2)

Bidding: The Rangers had a interesting bidding that saw them win 11 bids including @SweetLou9208, @Heroiism98 and @Yung Gren for a combined 22 million.. (although Lou’s 7.25 will probably be off the books very soon) with almost 50% of the bids (5/11) on 500k players, this is a team that is destined to fail in terms of depth, but the top line could be something to watch if Heroism plays to expectations with Lou, and Gren shows up to all his games. (2/5)

:flames: Best Contract: @Biscuit Beurre (LD) $1,750,000 - S33: 7-6-4 5P (Former Eddie Shore winner, as Lou put it “always trapped on bad teams” if put in the right situation this is a great contract)

:poop: Worst Contract: @Yung Gren (RD) $7,000,000 - S33: N/A (Listen, I don’t think Gren at 7 million is bad by any means, he’s definitely worth the money. I think Gren to the Rangers at 7 million is the issue, we all know his personality, it just won’t mesh well on a “bad” team with no friends)

Rating: (4/10)

:team4: Philadelphia Flyers :team4:

Management Group: @APX x 93 & @McFleuryyy (@Davis_l2l_) - This is one of my picks to surprise, I like this management group, APX and Ray are the brains while Fleury is the brawn. I added Ray to this group as he is a manager who consistently makes playoffs, and allows APX some help moving forward. (2.5/3)

Returning Roster: @jackD00P returns to the franchise although with a new logo, as well as @King_Formless & @l Flag l via trades. I think D00P and Formless are great contracts at 750k and 500k respectively and both can move up and down the lineup, and Flag is a great 3rd pair guy at 500k. These contracts allowed for Philadelphia to practically go in any direction come bidding. (1.5/2)

Bidding: The Flyers won a total of 12 players in bidding, they spent big money on @G lR ii M x, @John Bri l 7 l and @Davis_l2l_ but you have to pay for skill and they certainly did that. The real steal comes in @Whiisky x who will surely unite with his brother on line 1 and certainly on paper to ensure a stacked line 1 in Philadelphia. @Samkos91 at 500k coming off a 17 win season can also be mentioned as a steal, and @Eatchy is a great 3L C. I like this team a lot, and outside of a few D, I think that can be a huge surprise this season. (4/5)

:flames: Best Contract: @Whiisky x (RW) $2,500,000 - S33: N/A (I told y’all to bid on this guy, cheap money for your top-line RW who surely upgrades your team and makes your GM happy)

:poop: Worst Contract: @DJpoopfart (RD) $500,000 - S33: N/A (I think it opened up early they could have got a better 3rd line RD, no NHL experience and 14 wins only in his last AHL season)

Rating: (8/10)

:team78: Pittsburgh Penguins :team78:

Management Group: @Po1andsFinest & @Dannyy Briere - Another strong management duo, 2 guys who would have gone 7+ million each. It’s always good to have game 7 guys for free, and it helps when those game 7 guys have successful management experience. (3/3)

Returning Roster: @Sbass19, @Pandaleupagus return to the team, and @Poooch & @Suter x 20 join via trades. Bass and Suter are both on good contracts, and teaming them with Briere and Polands makes for a sweet game 7 line. Pooch is coming off an 18 win season on a team-friendly contract. The final returning player is Panda and I'm not a fan of the contract, but if he can regain his Norris form from the past then I'd like this contract a lot more. (2/3)

Bidding: The Penguins won 11 players in bidding and built a solid 2 line team. @Fn Waz, @Mole11 and @Tidan-16 make for really solid bids that can play inside the top 6, but there isn’t much after that. The D core looks suspect and @devilsknight617 will have to impress quickly as he’s eating up 2 million on a cap crunched team. The 3rd line just looks bad, a line of 5 guys at 500k rarely works, and I'd be surprised if that changes now. (3/5)

:flames: Best Contract: @Tidan-16 (LW) $3,500,000 - S33: N/A (I don’t always trust PSN as a metric to determine skill, but this guy is good. He’s proved it in ESHL and had a decent season in S29)

:poop: Worst Contract: @devilsknight617 (LD) $2,000,000 - S33: Played AHL (I think this was an overpay for a guy who had his worst season in the AHL last season. I'm surprised to see him go for 2 million, I'm not saying he’s bad, just not a great contract)

:team14: Washington Capitals :team14:

Management Group: @ThaiUp34535 & @Karmuh x 86 - Jer Dubz returns to the owner and brings good friend Karmuh along with him to the Capital. Two great managers who both have continued success in LGHL as not only managers but high-end players. I like this duo a lot and expect a lot out of them going forward. (3/3)

Returning Roster: @x lmSoPro x is the only returning player, and even he was acquired via trade. It’s hard to rate a team based on one returning player so we’ll just call it even. (1/2)

Bidding: What else did we expect from this duo, not only did they do the obvious, but you all let it happen. The Quebec Nordiques paired @ArchambauIt and @TacticalSwim back together for a combined 9.5 million and grabbed just about every player who has played multiple seasons under this management group. @Kroneez, @xDubz 17 & @gregy99 are back with Jer Dubz, while @RaiN l 87 l & @Charyzen are back with Karmuh but I guess Chary is D now... A lot of these guys were under good contracts in previous seasons, but this season many are well compensated for being underpaid in the past. We shall see how this team pans out, as we all know Karmuhs history of trash 3rd lines :) (4/5)

:flames: Best Contract: @ArchambauIt (C) $5,500,000 - S33: 16-6-5 45P (In a league where average players went for 4+ and players with 2 good seasons went for like 7, Arch went for 5.5. He is a consistent 16 game-winner, and always in talks for the Selke. I’d lock him up for 3S, and do it ASAP)

:poop: Worst Contract: @GrizoIogy (C) $500,000 - S33: 0-4 4P (I thought you wanted a good 3rd line this season Karmuh.. Wonder if Griz has asked to be traded to Remi yet?)

Final Rankings:
    1. :team74:
    2. :team14:
    3. :team4:
    4. :team7:
    5. :team78:
    6. :team27:
    7. :team12:

:team6: - I left my roster off this list to A) not seem biased in any way and B) I just got here, not trying to call someone the worst contract.

• Like Like x 49
    • Winner Winner x 17
    No Streaming Account
  2. jackD00P

jackD00P ‍♀️

Discord:
    jackD00P#5139
    Philthadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
    Ratings:
    +672 / 10 / -13
    Wow it’s been a long time since something nice was said about me in a write up, thanks!

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 3
    jackD00P
  3. RGDeded

RGDeded Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,213 / 47 / -134
    Great work gilbz... saved me some time with making my own writeup. Agreed with just about everything you said besides NJ being 4th in the div!

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
    ReallyGooodDad
  4. Poooch

Poooch Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +313 / 21 / -24
    I agree with this also. NJ should be lower.

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 3
    No Streaming Account
  5. trevwings

trevwings 2nd best Trev in LG

Discord:
    TrevWings#8296
    Ratings:
    +1,012 / 47 / -81
    good job gilbz

• Like Like x 2
    No Streaming Account
  6. Giilbz

Giilbz Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,683 / 42 / -118
    You have no idea how hard it was to rank 2-5 lol, 1 was a given imo the rest could be interchanged

• Like Like x 2
    No Streaming Account
  7. RGDeded

RGDeded Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,213 / 47 / -134
    Kind of why i was avoiding doing a writeup... the league is very balanced and its going to be very tough to call 2-4 in every division. Very good for the league

• Like Like x 2
    ReallyGooodDad
  8. UT75035

UT75035 PSN CHL Scrub

Ratings:
    +371 / 10 / -23
    @Gilbzey great write up my man! You put a lot of effort into it! Keep up the fantastic content!

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  9. Gabseh

Gabseh Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +437 / 22 / -45
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
    riorio56tv
  10. APX x 93

APX x 93 APX x 93

Discord:
    APX x 93#6626
    Ratings:
    +615 / 65 / -102
    Pretty accurate writeup !

• Like Like x 2
    apxx93
  11. TheHeroicDuck

TheHeroicDuck Well-Known Member

Discord:
    theheroicduck#0
    Ratings:
    +1,215 / 13 / -60
    Groulxz had a better season than arch and is 500k cheaper and the Worst contract and Arch is the best contract for his team. Rip Groulxz

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    TheHeroicDuck
  12. Tidan x 16

Tidan x 16 Damn Daniel

Discord:
    Tidan x 16#9589
    Ratings:
    +225 / 8 / -13
    tidan_16
  13. Giilbz

Giilbz Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,683 / 42 / -118
    Okay, so who’s the worst contract on New Jersey then? You are reading it like I said he is a bad player lol

No Streaming Account
  14. Dip City Don

Dip City Don AKA Lynn Guini

Discord:
    Don#7945
    Ratings:
    +115 / 6 / -7
    • Like Like x 3
    DipCityDon
  15. VVaGs82

VVaGs82 Mr Irrelevant

Discord:
    vvags82#0
    Ratings:
    +1,500 / 57 / -72
    Worst contract on CBJ here :(

:team6::team6::team6::team6::team6:

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    wags82
  16. Remi l9l

Remi l9l Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +365 / 39 / -25
    Griz is my spy

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Get Good Get Good x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    Remiaszl9l
  17. Dr Tre 2001

Dr Tre 2001 TJ$

Ratings:
    +409 / 34 / -41
    Me and @Mr WorldWlde 69 have passed the torch down to @GrizoIogy for worst contract in LG. Be strong. I couldn't be more proud.

• Dumb Dumb x 1
    No Streaming Account
  18. Mr WorldWlde 69

Mr WorldWlde 69 LG Mcdonald is the best!

Discord:
    Mr WorldWlde 69#5585
    Ratings:
    +2,300 / 563 / -1,177
    they grow up sp fast I am tearing up

• Winner Winner x 1
    No Streaming Account
  19. Fxwst

Fxwst Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +370 / 28 / -53
    Do all of the divisions!!!!