S34 Preseason Rankings: Pacific Division

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming Hockey League (LGHL)' started by Gilbzey, Oct 5, 2019.

?

Who will make the playoffs in the Pacific?

1. Anaheim Ducks

61 vote(s)
    56.0%
  2. Calgary Flames

13 vote(s)
    11.9%
  3. Edmonton Oilers

9 vote(s)
    8.3%
  4. Los Angeles Kings

59 vote(s)
    54.1%
  5. San Jose Sharks

48 vote(s)
    44.0%
  6. Seattle Thunderbirds

43 vote(s)
    39.4%
  7. Vancouver Canucks

27 vote(s)
    24.8%
  8. Vegas Golden Knights

11 vote(s)
    10.1%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Giilbz

Giilbz Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,683 / 42 / -118
    Welcome to MY opinion on team rankings heading into S34. The following teams will be graded on a 10 point format based on Management Group (0-3) Pre-Bidding Roster (0-2) and Bidding (0-5). I will do 1 division at a time, and these are 100% my thoughts, if you get butthurt for me putting you under the worst contract then just remember it only hurts if it’s true. Prove me wrong if I rated you badly, or just like my post and move along cause why would you care about my opinion anyway. Here goes nothing.

West Pacific

:team31: Anaheim Ducks :team31:

Management Group: @Lehkonen x 62 & @JJr - Slim & JJr look to continue their run as a top management duo in this league, not only do they consistently build good teams, but they also manage to score at an insane rate. Although given the hate for “scrub hunting” (even by myself) we can’t deny the fact these guys win a lot of games and benefit every team they’re on. (2.5/3)

Returning Roster: Bloos @l Volcom x 28 l & @Chislett 19 stick with the team that saw them have career-best seasons last season, while @The Gr8 Haxby & @l1l Sharp l0l join via trades. A Rocket Richard winner for 500k and a 23 win defenceman for 2M? What team wouldn’t benefit from these contracts? I expect both players to reunite with the highest scoring S33 line. As for the other 2, Haxby is contracted around value as well as Sharp and adds some depth to the Ducks, as well as some familiar faces. (2/2)

Bidding: Anaheim won a total of 11 players in bidding and spent big on a proven duo in @Dingssss & @mferra32 at a combined 12.5 million, but both are on good contracts and can prove to be difference makers to Slims playoff woes. Another 5 million on @Oo TheMvp oO left the Ducks lacking some experience on D, a problem they expect @Viktomize to ease. (4/5)

:flames: Best Contract: @I MCMXCVII I (LW) $500,000 - S33: N/A (Midi used to be a 6 million dollar player, the expectations are much lower at 500k, but Midi is still a good player. If he plays beside Dings and Ferra this contract will compete for best in the league)

:poop: Worst Contract: @Bouch 26 (RD) $4,000,000 - S33 N/A (4 million for someone who hasn’t played since S31 is expensive, but 4 million for someone who has never played D in LG could just be insane)

Rating: (8.5/10)

:team29: Calgary Flames :team29:

Management Group: @K1eetus & @johnwaynee90 - Kleetus takes over the Calgary Flames as an experienced manager with a history of moderate success, and brings in the face of LG to be his free contract. As players, both these men have benefited from being on west lines in the past, and have good seasons under their belts to prove it. I imagine with them building the team they will ensure they construct a sweet west line, that can win them 20+ home games, but I'm not sold on their management capability. (1.5/3)

Returning Roster: @CTRAIN2002 is the only returning player to the Flames roster, he’s a 3rd pair D man at 750k so it’s not bad by any means, but he’d have gone for 500k in bidding or allowed them to choose another D man at 500k. (0.5/2)

Bidding: The Flames won a total of 14 players via bidding, and I'm not sure of the roster. They did win @OFs for 4 million who probably pairs back with JohnWayne but then they’d be forced to put east players on west lines since they don’t have 10 west guys? They, of course, got Kleetus’ long-time teammates @SurpriseMe22 and @Woahmack for a total of 5.75 million and spent big on their D core as a whole with a combined 16.25 on their top 4. (2.5/5)

:flames: Best Contract: @Gunwoat (C) $2,500,000 - S33: 10-12-0 23P (It wasn’t long ago Gun was 6 million dollars and a 19 win 60 point player. Last season his contract hampered him into being on bad teams and it seems to have benefited this season into a great contract for someone who can legit play on all 3 lines)

:poop: Worst Contract: @LiLNickaI93 (LD) $6,000,000 - S33: 13-9-2 22P (Nickal is still a good defenseman but I believe they could have gotten better for their buck, he only won 13 games last season, has never won more than 16, and is currently 1-6 in ESHL. I think it they could have used the $ for better west D or spread it into their forwards)

Rating: (4.5/10)

:team11: Edmonton Oilers :team11:

Management Group: @BigJayAyotte & @Tjhdp11 - Jay and Curi0sity take over the LA Kings before a team swap brought them to Edmonton (bet they wish they got some S33 Edmonton contracts with the team) Jay used to own about every season since I was born, and used to be a very good manager. He hasn’t managed much in the last few games but is 1/2 in making the playoffs. He brings in Curi0sity who is a top D on PSN but his game hasn’t seemed to transition to the Xbox side of things, currently sitting at 21-27-4 all-time, it’s hard to judge if he’s worth the free contract on not. (1.5/3)

Returning Roster: @x TERRY x 77 comes with Jay to Edmonton via trade, and if you only view his LG stats you’ll see he only has 16 wins once in the past 4 seasons so 8mil may seem excessive, but he’s sitting at 11-2-2 in ESHL and probably would have gone for somewhere around this contract in bidding but it’s always good to get your top LD before bidding so you can build a team around him. (1/2)

Bidding: Edmonton also won 14 bodies in bidding, including 7 players at 500k. Their highest paid player is @xJackz 71 for 7.5 million, who hasn’t played since S31 but they hope can be their top line C going forward. Fun fact as well, only 4 players won in bidding played S33 and 2 are their goalies (But it was summer season). @Duukk transitions to D this season and was paid a handsome 4 million for it, by the looks of ESHL he is pretty solid at it, he and Terry will look to bring their ESHL chemistry to LGHL for the Oilers. Referring back to the 7 500k players, I have never been and will never be a fan of the 3rd line of all 500k guys, and don’t think this team really has the top line to bail them out. Sorry Oilers fans. (2.5/5)

:flames: Best Contract: @ltzGreasy (LW) $500,000 - S33: N/A [CHL] (If Greasy was draft eligible he would have been a first round pick, he went 8-1 in the playoffs for 29 points, anytime you can find a diamond in the rough CHLer moving up it’s always good, saving 1.5M since he wasn’t in the draft is always good too)

:poop: Worst Contract: @AgentSooksta008 (LW) $3,250,000 - S33: N/A (Sooksta hasn’t been over .500 since S18, and went a combined 27-36-8 from S30-32 in regular season, this contract seems like an overpay to me and wouldn’t be surprised if he’s traded at some point this season)

Rating: (5/10)

:team76: Los Angeles Kings :team76:

Management Group: @jared2112 & @iTz x Luigi x (@NINETY ElGHT) - Is it just me, or do these guys get team swapped every season? Also congrats on last season's cup and building one of the greatest teams in LG history. Not much to say about this trio other then they are one of the best groups to ever do it, and are always a sure fire playoff team, and probably cup contender. (3/3)

Returning Roster: The former Oilers, now Kings lost a lot of good contracts from last seasons Cup team but did keep some key pieces like @Beaudy x 91, @Doughty x I8I & @BoGingyy if this seasons past bidding says anything, we are all now aware former Oilers go for 5+ million in bidding. Having a great scoring winger and a top line LD at a combined 4 million is nuts, as these 2 alone would probably be a combined 15 million in this bidding. Gingy has come into his own for jared and continues to develop into a great shutdown D. A top 4 D who’ll play 2nd or 3rd line for only 750k is a great deal, he currently sits at 30-6-2 all time… (2/2)

Bidding: The Kings won 11 players in bidding and have high expectations to live up to. The Kings brought back some familiar faces in @dooglare for 500k and @NlK5 for 1.25. They also spent huge on @Ix C M xI coming off an 11 win season and @Hriiz who has 17 wins in 2 LG seasons for a combined 10 million. I think this is a good 3 line team, that can win games on any given night. (3.5/5)

:flames: Best Contract: @NlK5 (LD) $1,250,000 - S33: N/A (Nik is a top 4 D man who is 39-14 all time and used to play ESHL with the Black Ice boys. 98 and co went back in the past to grab this guy, and got him on a bargain of a contract)

:poop: Worst Contract: @DaddyBasTV (LW) $1,750,000 - S33: 8-7-3 23P (1.75 for a 3rd line LW is an overpay, he averages to be around a .500% and 30ish point player. I think you could have got better for 1 million or less. I'm probably going to get ripped on an APEX stream for this one)

:team15: San Jose Sharks :team15:

Management Group: @VI17AIN & @SamDelisle9 - Back again in San Jose are Batman and Sam but once again without Dog Dad captain @SweetLou9208. Sam finally makes the switch in LG to RD where he’d have been one of the highest-paid at his position if he’d have gone into the bidding. This duo runs a great team every single season, and like the Kings is a sure-fire playoff team. Having a top-line LW and top-line RD on free contracts is always a great scenario. (3/3) (I’d give y’all 4/3 if Lou was here)

Returning Roster: The Sharks had 5 returning contracts including @MacDonaldI97I who hopes to have a much better S34 as well as @DontEvenMaatta, @Bane Dont Care, @m1st3r ped & @wayshee. I think are all contracted around their current value, but allow Batman some depth to his team pre-bidding. (1/2)

Bidding: The Sharks won 10 players in bidding and none are Lou.. but wow did they do well, they brought back many guys that have been on the team in the past and got them on some good deals. @Troak 25 at 4 million is just nuts, easily a top-line forward this is one of the best contracts in the league and idc who disagrees. @SchroyDaddy & @HJHF14 come in at a combined 14 million and join the Sharks for what feels like the 15th year in a row. @Merle and @Nick Kef also come back home to San Jose once again and @SuDzy92 comes in on a good contract. This forward core is stacked, and deep as hell. My only issue is many of these guys play on both consoles, and could cause some mix-matching of the lines due to availability going forward. But great 3 line team, Sam going to D allowed them to spend huge on forwards. (4.5/5)

:flames: Best Contract: @Troak 25 (LW) $4,000,000 - S33: 8-5-1 26P (Topline forward, this bidding had a lot of average/good players go for like 5+, this is a really good player on an amazing contract and I’d be very surprised if he isn’t signed to multiple seasons)

:poop: Worst Contract: @hatemakerr (C) $2,250,000 - S33: N/A (This is a very solid team, and did great in bidding so this isn’t so much a shot at hates skill, but more a compliment to how good SJ did in bidding. Hate is a 10-14 win player, but I expect him to have his best season of recent memory in S34)

:team421: Seattle Thunderbirds :team421:

Management Group: @Remi l9l & @xXDR3AMK1LL3RXx - Welcome the 32nd team in LGHL history the Seattle No Name. Remi and Dream are 2 great defenceman that could move around the top 4 for free much like the Devils. Both guys are great individually and have been the paid AGMs on good teams the past 2 seasons. I wish the best of luck to both of them as first time owner/gm’s and expect some good things as they were put into a great situation. (2/3)

Returning Roster: Seattle was given 2 free resigns from anybody who was eligible but not resigned from their former team, they took 2 friends in @l Parksy x l76l & @Ix Lutvi xI who are both on amazing contracts, Parksy won 17 games last season and is at 750k, and Lutvi will pair with Remi and won 25 games last season as a Norris candidate for only 1.5 million.. They also strategically traded for a steal of a contract in @Rivzky and an at value contract of @Mr WorldWlde 69 (World's greatest troll) (1.5/2)

Bidding: The Thunderbirds won 11 players in bidding, and definitely chose a lot of their friends no matter the cap. They did manage to practically build their ESHL team (@P0RT0V & @Burnsy x 95 for a combined 11 million) in LGHL and hope the chemistry translates. Remi also brought in some former Edmonton teammates in @KovaIchuk x 17 for 7.5 million, as well as @Corey Crow I50I & @lHuskie on good contracts. This team reminds me of NJ in terms of being a deep team built around chemistry, and I expect the same of them in terms of being good as long as they don’t make too many moves mid season. Having 2 free contracts on D, and trading for 2 more good contracts on D allowed for them to spend HUGE on forwards and although some of them may not be worth the price individually, as a line it could come together properly. (3.5/5)

:flames: Best Contract: @Showtime Benny (RW) $500,000 - S33: N/A (Benny was a key performer for Nashville in S32 on his draft contract, he went 11-3-2 for 41 points and proved he can score in this league. I think many people forgot about him after his season off, this contracts a steal)

:poop: Worst Contract: @KovaIchuk x 17 (LW) $7,500,000 - S33: 23-3-0 63P (Kovi is a really solid player, 23 wins is hard to come by and this is no disrespect to him at all. It’s just hard for me to think of 7.5 as a great contract for who I think will play on L2 as Porter, Burnsy will play L1 I believe. I think to play with friends on a stacked team last season definitely elevated his stats (but who wouldn’t benefit from being with friends) and caused his price to inflate, I think he’ll still have a good season, I just don’t expect it to be a 7.5 million good season)

Rating: (7/10)

:team17: Vancouver Canucks :team17:

Management Group:
    @Fxwst & @FlowMaster Joe - Fawst takes over the team he GM'd last season from @LAZYKIDZinGA and he brings in @FlowMaster Joe who is definitely worth the free contract, especially when you factor in @Nuge is apart of the roster. Fawst was a key part of the Nucks team that surprisingly made playoffs last season, Bert is an upgrade to Lazy and expectations are much higher going into S34. (2/3)

Returning Roster:
    @Bardown Beauty, @l TMLP l & @Niixps all return to the team for their sophomore seasons and hope to expand on good rookie seasons. @Nuge comes back as the top line LD and is expected to pair with Bert on the top line this season. I think the first 3 mentioned would probably be more expensive than their draft contracts or just around out except Bardown who'd figure to be the most expensive of the 3. (1.5/2)

Bidding:
    The Canucks won 11 players in bidding and built a very well rounded team that only has 4 players at under 1 million. They spent big on their top line C winning @R0tes for 7.25 million and then another 3 million for @donnybrah who I assume slots in beside Rotes on line 1. @I3aby Bass & @Igs Wigs come in at a combined 4.75 million and really make this team 3 lines deep at forward. @Dekepedia could figure in to be a good contract for the Nucks, as they seem to be a little thin on D, and I like both @l Murray x 30 l and @LAZYKIDZinGA but I just can't get behind this tandem bailing this team out of games. They'll need to score a lot this season to make the playoffs, but they have the forward group to do it. (3.5/5)

:flames: Best Contract:
    @Igs Wigs (LW) $2,250,000 - S33: 15-7-6 53P (A solid scoring winger who can slot in the top 6 and be good on either line. He would be better if built into a west line but can definitely hold his own on east)

:poop: Worst Contract:
    @l Murray x 30 l (G) $1,000,000 - S33: 21-22 .813% (Murray is a good goalie, I like him and this isn't a shot at him but more so the fact that this team doesn't really have a starting goalie. Murray is a fringe starter and Lazy is a backup. So this is more for the fact of the team he is on and the position he is asked to fill rather than him individually)

Rating: (7/10)

:team676: Vegas Golden Knights :team676:

Management Group: @No Regretzkys & @ChinxRS - Gretzky returns to Vegas again this season in hopes to redeem himself and prove he can build a championship contender. He brings in Durk as his free contract and hopes he can find his NHL 18 form and be a top D man in the league worth the free contract. (2/3)

Returning Roster: VGK had 5 players returning to the team this season, @Neekoe, @xDLxBrIcKCiTyNj, @GONGSH0W & @l Meezyy l return from the team that missed the playoffs, while @xD A L Y joins via trade. All the players listed come in right around value excluding BrickCity who won 5 games last season and is taking up 1.25 in cap. (1/2)

Bidding: Vegas won a total of 10 players in bidding, making a statement early with @Trobs for 8.5 million and @o Big Tony o for another 5.5 giving them 2 solid players to potentially pair with Gretzky/Durk and build a really good line 1. They secured @AMalcs for another 5 million coming off a 19 win 67 point season. The real issue comes with the D, this team is extremely thin on D, the 3 contracts they had pre-bidding were bottom 4 D and then they bid on 2 500k guys, not to mention another team that will probably have an entire 3rd line of 500k players, is that the meta this season? (3/5)

:flames: Best Contract: @Trobs (C) $8,500,000 - S33: N/A (I didn’t really believe there were any steals on this team, so I just put who I believe will be the biggest difference-maker for this team equal to their contract)

:poop: Worst Contract: @Cam19 (C) $2,500,000 - S33: N/A (I know Cam plays a lot of club, so he could be good. But he hasn’t played LGHL in like 7 seasons and even then he was an 18-24 -8 player, I don’t think these stats were worthy of a 2.5 million contract in S27 and I don’t think they’re worth one now)

Rating: (6/10)

Final Rankings:
    1. :team15:
    2. :team76:
    3. :team31:
    4. :team421:
    5. :team17:
    6. :team676:
    7. :team11:
    8. :team29:

(Please note 1-3 was hard to rank and could be swapped with one another)

Last edited: Oct 5, 2019
    • Like Like x 33
    • Dislike Dislike x 6
    • Winner Winner x 3
    No Streaming Account
  2. iggy i12i

iggy i12i IGGY

Ratings:
    +87 / 0 / -14
    Hey gilbz baby. I’m as East as East coast can get hahaha. I just always played west with my boy Haxby. How good is my contract now that you know I’m East coast

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
    No Streaming Account
  3. Fxwst

Fxwst Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +370 / 28 / -53
    Now that we know you’re East it dropped :)

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    No Streaming Account
  4. Giilbz

Giilbz Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,683 / 42 / -118
    Tough scenes, can't edit it now :facepalm:

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
    No Streaming Account
  5. Remi l9l

Remi l9l Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +365 / 39 / -25
    Great write up gilbz. The boys will Hummmmm.

Seattle baby

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    Remiaszl9l
  6. iggy i12i

iggy i12i IGGY

Ratings:
    +87 / 0 / -14
    Sorry bro :( great write up tho keep them coming!

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  7. JayyDubski

JayyDubski LGCHL Director

Discord:
    dayoungbuck#0
    Ratings:
    +3,456 / 325 / -613
    RIP me then lmao

Just gonna spontaneously combust now

• Get Good Get Good x 2
    • Dumb Dumb x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    DaYoungBuck
  8. Giilbz

Giilbz Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,683 / 42 / -118
    Eh bro just my opinion, just cuz on paper I don’t think a team looks great doesn’t mean they won’t be a solid team.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
    No Streaming Account
  9. This_is_mint

This_is_mint This_is_mint

Ratings:
    +127 / 4 / -19
    Nice write up gilbz. Go seattle go tbnk.

• Like Like x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    No Streaming Account
  10. TheHeroicDuck

TheHeroicDuck Well-Known Member

Discord:
    theheroicduck#0
    Ratings:
    +1,215 / 13 / -60
    Good job Gilbz

• Like Like x 4
    TheHeroicDuck
  11. Persinger92

Persinger92 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    bushx92#0
    Ratings:
    +297 / 23 / -29
    Nice work buddy!!

• Like Like x 1
    persinger92
  12. Its a Full Send

Its a Full Send Warning Group

Ratings:
    +142 / 7 / -9
    • Like Like x 2
    No Streaming Account
  13. oHeroism

oHeroism Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +156 / 15 / -15
    How can you consistently build a good team and always be a first round exit??? This is mahogany!!!

EA SPORTS FC™ 24 Hub (In Menus)
    No Streaming Account
  14. Giilbz

Giilbz Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,683 / 42 / -118
    This is a pre-season ranking based on the regular season lol.

• Dumb Dumb x 1
    No Streaming Account
  15. Mr WorldWlde 69

Mr WorldWlde 69 LG Mcdonald is the best!

Discord:
    Mr WorldWlde 69#5585
    Ratings:
    +2,300 / 563 / -1,177
    Got the A on my jersey and now I’m the Worlds greatest troll my life is complete

• Like Like x 1
    • Troll Troll x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
    No Streaming Account
  16. Giilbz

Giilbz Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,683 / 42 / -118
    @K1eetus i’d like you to remove your dislike. It’s not my fault your team is bad on paper.

• Like Like x 2
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
    No Streaming Account
  17. K1eetus

K1eetus Well-Known Member

Discord:
    K1eetus#1647
    Ratings:
    +145 / 16 / -21
    @Gilbzey LMAO what? I disliked your opinion of the standings. Appreciate the write up but one dislike shouldn't ruin your day.

• Dumb Dumb x 2
    • Troll Troll x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    No Streaming Account
  18. Giilbz

Giilbz Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,683 / 42 / -118
    LOL bro what u do, go and send it to your team? 3 dislikes and they all come in 1 day from Calgary guys haha

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
    No Streaming Account
  19. Focus TF

Focus TF CT 66 Makes Me Nervous.

Discord:
    focustf#0
    Ratings:
    +937 / 38 / -72
    Who cares about on site ratings...

1E6F23CF-72F4-4F80-A18A-559B7570D660.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
    • Troll Troll x 1
    GiroFocus
  20. K1eetus

K1eetus Well-Known Member

Discord:
    K1eetus#1647
    Ratings:
    +145 / 16 / -21
    Yes that's exactly what I did! The fact you took the time to post a reply tagging me to remove a dislike from your post was so pathetic I thought the team would get a chuckle out of it.

• Dumb Dumb x 3
    • Get Good Get Good x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    No Streaming Account