Western Central Division Predictions

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming American Hockey League (LGAHL)' started by k-fed, Oct 9, 2019.

?

Who will win the Western Central?

Poll closed Oct 10, 2019.
  1. San Antonio

44.3%
  2. Grand Rapids

6.6%
  3. Manitoba

18.0%
  4. Milwaukee

11.5%
  5. Chicago

9.8%
  6. Iowa

1.6%
  7. Texas

6.6%
  8. Rockford

1.6%
  1. A Salty SaiIor

A Salty SaiIor Warning Group

Ratings:
    +2,026 / 48 / -76
    I'm going to do division rankings in 4 parts obviously up to Friday. So tune in each day for each division as I release them. These are just my opinions and as the league grows there are a lot of people I don't know so please try not to take much offense to the things I say.

Western Central Division Predictions

1. San Antonio Rampage

Essentially the Charlotte Checkers under a different alias this team is not much different from the s33 team that barely squeaked into the playoffs on the final day of the season. Returning top line and 2nd line faces in Soup, Broche & Rowski they added 3rd line vets in Riemersmaa & Cannarozzo. This offense is loaded from top to bottom. Familiarity and veteran presence give this D core a step above average and of course the goaltending will be a nice duo. Look for this team to challenge for the division championship.

Did you know? SouperSaiyan has two full AHL seasons under his belt and both have gone for over 100 points. In a game predicated to scoring will he go for his 3rd consecutive triple digit season and 2nd consecutive scoring title?

2. Grand Rapids Griffins

I really had a difficult time deciding who I wanted to place 2nd because I really feel after SA it could be anyone’s guess. However, I give the nod to GR because I think their offense is just as loaded as San Antonio’s that gives them the edge here. With a good combination of steals and vets this team will have 3 balanced lines that will include Patches O’Houlihan( @Sportfreak114 ) who is trying to give it one more go vicariously through his friend Burning wolves. The defense is where I think will be this team’s biggest issue, outside of Neil and a hefty contract spent on Marchand they will have a lot of stepping up to do. If everyone’s favorite chat box hero Zacha can regain the form of being elite tendy way back this team will challenge SA for the top spot.

Did you know? BigSaveNabokov was the owner of the s33 NYI and while in a playoff spot after week 4 chose to flip to the Blackhawks after no one stepped up to take over all while being the worst team in the NHL at the time. Zacha made trades trying to keep them from FF every game and ultimately resulted in him being NML’d. Those are things you truly hate to see.

3. Manitoba Moose

The Meese coming off an embarrassing round 1 exit in s33 from the former regime go into s34 with Tsunami and Short Pegasus manning the top line. This team also has a solid top line and formidable 2nd line challenging that of the Griffins but the names for their 3rd line I think exceed the Meese. There defense is better than that of the Griffins as they have new faces but also returning ones as well. I know Pete from back in my very first banana league when I got my feet wet to competitive 6’s. If he’s as good a dman as he was then 1.25 is a steal. Beaupre who’s also an NHL dman will also help this
    team compete for a top spot. The only real question mark for this team will be the goaltending as Kasimis is a DP LD last season now turned goalie.

Did you know? The Meese haven’t won the division since their Presidents trophy in s29. If the Meese can have consistent weeks and hope for the Rampage to stumble once or twice, they could win the division.

4. Milwaukee Admirals

The Milwaukee Admirals enter s34 also with new management in ASAP Jiren (coming over from ONT) and JC enterprise managing another team in the footsteps of LeBron. These admirals barely missed the playoffs in a competitive division last season but with a couple returning pieces along with some new additions with the likes of veteran sbdr, Gumba and Banak this team has all the necessary components needed to compete for a playoff spot. The offense will be the question mark of this team while the defense looks well rounded from top to bottom and even the goal tending looks experienced. After a couple down seasons Cerby will look to regain his s31 form while partner ZeroSaves finally gets to play for someone other than DudleyDoWright.

Did you know? The Admirals have missed the playoffs in the previous two seasons since finishing 3rd in s31. With the management group on this team and the pieces they have I see no reason why they miss this season.

5. Chicago Wolves

Glancing at this roster I couldn’t help but think this was a team that would be the laughing stock of the division like seasons past or so that I can remember. But then when trying to compare it to other teams in the division to figure out where they stand this team doesn’t look that bad. With veteran talent up and down the offense and a solid defensive core led by Vatty said no one ever…this team could potentially battle for a playoff spot so long as people give management a chance. The defense will be the strong suit of this team and will need to be solid and efficient if they want to win games. Goaltending looks suspect so defense will really need to be the key once again.

Did you know? The wolves have not made the playoffs since s30 and they will need to have consistency if they want to break that trend.

Bonus nugget* In my first season of AHL I put 85 points on RW carrying DankTheGod for these wolves. WOOF.

6. Iowa Wild

On paper this team has a lot of decent players and old school veterans but realistically in the division I just don’t see them really competing for a playoff spot. They have decent forwards in returning vet Hertz and Gally to go along with Capitalize and old school player Shid. On defense the only names that stand out are Don’t Miss and Ian Caution who will hold down this team defensively. This team has a lot of question marks but if they can figure it out early on, they could potentially challenge for a playoff spot. But if they have too many inconsistent weeks they will fall rapidly. The goaltending will be carried mostly by Koller I would assume who is a motivational speaker in another world. The guy is like the drew brees of hockey with his motivation. This team could be down 9-0 after the 1st period and Koller will still believe they could come back to win 17-16 in 4OT.

Did you know? The wild have made the playoffs for the past three seasons and have not missed since s30. They will need to have some consistent weeks if they hope to keep the streak going.

7. Texas Stars

Rob returns after a disappointing campaign with the bruins last season. This time bringing along robson otherwise known as Tranqzz. This team just looks like a hot mess on offense. With people out of position and people that Rob has had before that haven’t panned out, I guess he sees something the rest of us don’t, or he is just okay with mediocrity. Zach knows how to play the position, so it’ll be interesting to see who he plays with as he has a style he likes to play. The defense is the strong suit on this team but only time will tell how long they all stay. Especially LOL who was one of the top players in bidding but with a TR only time will tell how long before he uses it. Goaltending again is Rob’s friend or relative I can’t remember which one but again nothing special here. Someone must finish near the bottom of the division and these stars aren’t flashy at all.

Did you know? Texas has finished last in their division in 3 of the last 5 seasons. And with this current roster and division its trending towards 4 of 6.

8. Rockford IceHogs

This seasons Hogs are led by Prime80 & Bankzy and the only nice thing I can say about this roster is that Federov and demon are the only people I know. There are too many question marks on this team and most of them are probably not going to be answered. I recognize Jeff as a former goalie from this duo’s time together recently in San Diego. This team is going to need a drastic overhaul if they’re going to expect to compete in this division. My bold prediction for this team is that it will be s32’s version of the Laval Rocket.

Did you know? The Rockford Hogs have only made the playoffs 3 times in the last 12 seasons. And all three of those times they’ve won the division. That scenario looks unlikely this season so lets chalk that up as another missed playoff appearance.

Tune in tomorrow for the Eastern North.

-Salty

• Like Like x 25
    • Winner Winner x 7
    • Get Good Get Good x 1
    No Streaming Account
  2. MetalGhost0

MetalGhost0 Very Spooky - #96

Discord:
    ghosteh#2196
    Ratings:
    +99 / 6 / -3
    Always love your write ups , Salty. Good luck this season to your team!

• Like Like x 2
    GhostehOkay
  3. P4LE PWNR

P4LE PWNR Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0
    Laughing Stock Checking in

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    palepwnr
  4. KOLLER

KOLLER On the level

Discord:
    imkoller#0
    Ratings:
    +377 / 28 / -64
    My Dog @The_Salty_Goat93 I appreciate you doing these and the kind words man - that actually really meant a lot. I've come a long way since being captain of the Sound Cubs for you and @Brisan x6 !!

I've always said you don't scoop me on your squad to sit there and just do my tendy job (which I am questionable at best at) and then game over entire team goes separate ways. You scoop me for the locker room presence and the the thing 3 feet above my ass. If you can't get hype playin with me you don't have feelings - been yelled at many times (several caught on stream) of the old lady yelling "you are not playing college football anymore quiet down and you only have one dog - come to bed" NAH BABY I CAN'T - I GOT MY LIFEGAMING DOGS - WE HUNGRY - YA DONT FAWK WITH A HUNGRY DOG THEM ARE SOME MEAN MOTHA FAWKAS - GOTTA BE THERE FOR THE BROS!!! HELL @Thamps AND THE MRS. GOT INTO A HE'S MINE BATTLE - YA GET TO KNOW FAMILIES PLAYIN WITH KOKO!!! @DEC3PTIVE 1 CAN YOU BELIEVE THIS BLIND TC IS NOW IN YOUR LEAGUE (BTW @x Crosby I87I DAMN PROUD BROTHA - DONT FAWK THIS UP) - FAWK I'M GETTING HYPE JUST TYPING RIGHT NOW!!! GOT A PATIENT ABOUT TO COME IN - GOTTA GO!!!! LETS FAWKIN GO BOYS - GOOD LUCK TO ALL THIS SEASON!

SHAKE MY DICK,
    KOKO

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Creative Creative x 1
    No Streaming Account
  5. V 4 T T Y

V 4 T T Y ECHL Commissioner - Manager S20 - S45

Discord:
    v_4_t_t_y#0
    Ratings:
    +796 / 69 / -139
    WELCOME TO CHICAGO

Glorygaming94
  6. V 4 T T Y

V 4 T T Y ECHL Commissioner - Manager S20 - S45

Discord:
    v_4_t_t_y#0
    Ratings:
    +796 / 69 / -139
    On a real note thanks for the writeup Salty. Love media. Even if it hates me.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    Glorygaming94
  7. BigSaveNabokov

BigSaveNabokov Chat Mute/Forum Mute - No Buy-Out

Ratings:
    +1,886 / 210 / -344
    everyone’s favorite chat box hero Zacha

lmao

• Funny Funny x 3
    mattyhandz
  8. skyre5

skyre5 AHL's Most Underpaid Player

Discord:
    313sky#2061
    Ratings:
    +559 / 34 / -71
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  9. A Salty SaiIor

Ratings:
    +2,026 / 48 / -76
    ive never had issues vatty, just have to put fun and burns in here somehow to keep it original and good. All love my friend <3

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  10. ThatZachGuy

ThatZachGuy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +596 / 35 / -36
    RIP :(

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  11. Krvstoffer

Krvstoffer help

Discord:
    krvstoffer#0
    Ratings:
    +1,881 / 57 / -118
    neil sux

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    Krvstoffer
  12. BEAUPRE o

BEAUPRE o Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +199 / 10 / -13
    • Winner Winner x 1
    No Streaming Account
  13. xO i L C i t Yx

xO i L C i t Yx Tommy Salo

Ratings:
    +100 / 12 / -12
    Great write up buddy!!

No Streaming Account
  14. Riemersmaa

Riemersmaa Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +977 / 45 / -27
    The [​IMG] Marlies have traded The_Salty_Goat93 to the [​IMG] Ice Caps for Hey Its Walter1 & Swede is Buns

Never forget the trape I made to make @The_Salty_Goat93 into the D-man he is today.

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    Riemersma11
  15. A Salty SaiIor

Ratings:
    +2,026 / 48 / -76
    You guys gave me the chance to play defense in LG when I made my switch. And you and @PahkTheCah1387 are the reasons I am where I am now

• Winner Winner x 1
    No Streaming Account
  16. Hansum Horty

Hansum Horty Well-Known Member

Discord:
    hansum_horty#0
    Ratings:
    +831 / 54 / -127
    You guys are cute

No Streaming Account
  17. meka DVA meka

meka DVA meka Bring Load Management To LG

Ratings:
    +3,475 / 92 / -197
    • Like Like x 2
    Nybarisny
  18. Mxckie

Mxckie Banana League Hero

Ratings:
    +3,834 / 315 / -317
    I hear @PRiME80nj is a bad manager. Rockford fitting to miss playoffs again RIP BOYS

• Like Like x 1
    • Get Good Get Good x 1
    iMackie21
  19. skyre5

skyre5 AHL's Most Underpaid Player

Discord:
    313sky#2061
    Ratings:
    +559 / 34 / -71
    • Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  20. Shields x 4