Eastern Atlantic Division Predictions

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming American Hockey League (LGAHL)' started by k-fed, Oct 11, 2019.

?

Who will win the Eastern Atlantic?

Poll closed Oct 12, 2019.
  1. Charlotte

8 vote(s)
    15.4%
  2. Bridgeport

22 vote(s)
    42.3%
  3. Hershey

9 vote(s)
    17.3%
  4. WBS

6 vote(s)
    11.5%
  5. Providence

2 vote(s)
    3.8%
  6. Lehigh Valley

3 vote(s)
    5.8%
  7. Sprinfield

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Hartford

2 vote(s)
    3.8%
  1. A Salty SaiIor

A Salty SaiIor Warning Group

Ratings:
    +2,026 / 48 / -76
    I'm going to do division rankings in 4 parts obviously up to Friday. So tune in each day for each division as I release them. These are just my opinions and as the league grows there are a lot of people I don't know so please try not to take much offense to the things I say. <-----------I REITERRATE THIS POINT AGAIN BECAUSE OF THE AMOUNT OF BUTTHURT YESTERDAY.

Eastern Atlantic Division Predictions

1. Charlotte Checkers

Last season this team barely squeaked into the playoffs on the last night of the season but this season the checkers are led by everyone’s favorite moron the French kind! Returning as GM and bringing drxma with him as well as picking up Goostav once again as his PAGM. Returning most of the same offense from s33 which includes the ageless wily veteran Williamsx12 who I will still never understand how he went through AHL bidding at 1M. Talk about being a moron. Anyways, this defense returns also some of the same faces including Hapscore who was a nice deadline addition for these guys and new face in baff fresh off a ban last season because he couldn’t handle how to lose. Good luck French he’ll fit right in there. Goaltending is an easy A as they pick up Villy and snowgoon who was on French’s team the whole way in s33. I don’t see this seasons Checkers as a bubble team, they have the means to win the division.

Did you know? Williams had to take moron on a date to Chuck E Cheese and sip tea in the ball put just to get him to bid on him? He also has an interesting record of most penalty minutes in a season with 61 in s20.

2. Bridgeport Sound Tigers

The Sound Tigers enter this season with high hopes after a disappointing s33 in which they had 100+ points and finished 5th in a tight competitive division and after looking at some of these rosters it doesn’t look like this season will be much easier. On offense we have LG McDonald and that’s all we really need because with him there is nothing we can’t do. My League, My Rules. On defense this team probably has the best defensive core in the league easily boasting 3 number 1 guys. After playing a season at forward Brisan comes back down to defense where he’ll look to break his own record of points in a season set in s30. As well as Delosh coming over from Cleveland and breakout candidate in STL Dietz. I’ve seen and played with him, Dietz is as good as any shutdown dman. Goaltending these Tigers have the GOAT in Tatar. Its playoffs or bust for this team.

What we’d like to see: I don’t think anyone wants to see anything involving this team because we are the dark empire, and everyone hates us. YAGMI.

3. Hershey Bears

NiteOwl returns for his 100th season of management this time getting CloudNine as AGM and DeadPanDan as PAGM. Those three along with Jaguar, Sean & thrasher easily giving this team a decent defensive core. On offense this team got some solid offensive players including the likes of Joonetic, A Very Mad Fish and even Thumbz who has history of playing forward before. If I’m not mistaken Fish was on Thumbz’s line last season while he played defense so seeing these guys as a forward trio would be no surprise. Outside of those three names though supplementary scoring looks to be the only issue I can see on this team. Goaltending will be again run though Czap and devilz reaper. Reaper carried much of last season for the bears but if Czap can regain form from a few seasons ago the bears will boast one of the best tendy duo’s in the entire league.

Did you know? NiteOwl is one of the more outstanding class acts of this league and he certainly gets the most out of his players. Since being acquired originally by the “555” in s29 he went on to be a three-peat champion and has not missed the playoffs since.

4. Wilkes-Barre Scranton Penguins

The baby Pens enter this season finally under new management no longer with heavy expectations being led by Neil. This season they get an overhaul with Gentry and Motown. Gentry is well known and after a small stint in the NHL comes back down to the AHL to prove he’s still elite. Motown after a small hiatus that saw him take a break after a heartbreaking Calder loss in s32 returns to lead this defensive unit. The offense will be led by the likes of Nightingale, Gentry, Kermie & Legacy who is on the smallest contract that I can remember for some time. The defense rounds out a sweet top 4 with Motown, devils, Nino & sneaky. The goaltending would be my only question mark on this team but knowing the management duo they’ve got it figured out.

What we’d like to see: Vibe Beats will be interesting to see how he translates from the CHL to the AHL. I watched more than a few of his games last season and moving up from summer competition to AHL competition doesn’t always pan out for everyone. But this guy has the thumbs and skill set to be successful and he’s in a decent situation.

5. Providence Bruins

Broomball returns as management this time taking the B’s after a successful season with the leaf’s that saw him make the playoffs as a 4th seed when almost everyone gave him no shot to make playoffs except himself. The leafs did get swept in the 1st round. Ironic since broom is your name. However, this season taking SunBudBudz as his AGM Broom looks to sure up his D-unit and he did just that with the acquisitions of Rico and Firephoenix. On offense this looks to be this teams strong suit dishing out high dollars on Aarskog, iDangleson & longtime vet Prowsey8. RSK is a solid steal at 750k as well as Crassemen at 750k this team has the right pieces to make a run. However, I see this division being a powerhouse once again and the race for the last spot could come right down to the wire.

Did you know? Of his 6 full seasons of LG in CHL or AHL he has only had one losing season. Judging by this roster and his playoff season from a season ago I’d be willing to bet Broom will have another successful individual season.

6. Lehigh Valley Phantoms

The Phantoms are led by Frostic and Kaberle this season and while I really hate to rank my friend Kab this low, unfortunately someone must be. With, outside of Kaberle, Jonny and Kelly who make their returns to the AHL after NHL and CHL stints respectively and 5.75m on Da King I don’t see much depth on forward for these guys. On defense we have the pretend 500k army with only 2 defenders being more then a million. With the new game no longer making it easier on defense it’ll be interesting to see if this was a smart strategy or a risky one. The goaltending duo will be led by waxibono who is the PAGM with his backup of hotwinglol who I’m pretty sure is a former NHL’er. As stated above with the competition above I just see it hard for Lehigh to stay a float in this competitive division.

What we’d like to see: I personally would like to see Jonny and Kelly get back to being the dynamic duo they once were when they’d each put up 70+ points. I’d like to see them each put up 100+ points while probably unlikely, a kid can dream.

7. Springfield Thunderbirds

Leading the first post snoopy AHL team is none other than JDJ followed by his friend Squadcav. After many dreadful seasons I can’t see this one being any different. Some things aren’t meant to be, and I don’t know if JD just enjoys managing or getting his friends in LG but one thing I learned as management is that winning, and your team come before friendship. Followed by fellow friends, Chady and tripacez in G this team doesn’t really pop to me. Jude is the highest contract and doesn’t seem to have much help around him on offense. There seems to be a lot of PSN influence on this team with several players having no Xbox stats. I’ll give a brief shoutout to SaturatedLily who seemingly was calling me out negatively on my writeups. Here’s your shoutout friend, enjoy. This looks to be another wasted season already and in a difficult division JD and company have their work cut out for them.

Did you know? JDJ has 4 full seasons of being a GM or AGM and only once has he made the playoffs and that was by 2 points over the 5th place team. This season is trending towards 4 of 5.

8. Hartford Wolf Pack

Being led by Gmatic once again coming off consecutive 7th place finishes with the IceHogs in S32 and these pack in s33. Coming in as AGM is Sportsgod. I hate to be negative because it’s not really who I am but there is nothing likable about this team. I had the privilege of playing with GB all s33 but even at 12M that’s not likable. Not only is he stuck on the team for the entire season, but these Pack have literally no wiggle room to do anything else as they only have 2m in cap space. On offense this team will literally be carried by GB & Sty on the top line which isn’t much to be excited about because the defense is loaded with 500k warriors and there aren’t viable 2nd or 3rd line options after them. Plenty of people say no person is worth 10+ in the AHL and this is just another example. Because of this contract the rest of the team looks like this. Another season of missing the playoffs and most likely a last place finish.

What we’d like to see: *insert man with stick poking “do something” meme.

-Salty

• Like Like x 13
    • Winner Winner x 2
    No Streaming Account
  2. DopeSwagYOLO

DopeSwagYOLO Le Meilleur

Discord:
    DopeSwagYOLO#2513
    Ratings:
    +74 / 2 / -8
    YAGMI

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    No Streaming Account
  3. TertleToes

TertleToes Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +154 / 6 / -5
    YAGMI

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    No Streaming Account
  4. KOLLER

KOLLER On the level

Discord:
    imkoller#0
    Ratings:
    +377 / 28 / -64
    Nice job brotha! Good luck to you! Keep the future Captain of the Sound Cubs in line for me.

• Funny Funny x 1
    In World of CHEL
    No Streaming Account
  5. Manning x 76

Manning x 76 Halifornia

Ratings:
    +394 / 10 / -24
    YAGMI

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    No Streaming Account
  6. skyre5

skyre5 AHL's Most Underpaid Player

Discord:
    313sky#2061
    Ratings:
    +559 / 34 / -71
    • Funny Funny x 3
    No Streaming Account
  7. SilKyy_97

SilKyy_97 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    _silkyy97#0
    Ratings:
    +1,295 / 56 / -154
    • Old Old x 1
    silkynsmarshshow
  8. FrenchMoron

FrenchMoron Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,056 / 70 / -198
    • Winner Winner x 1
    No Streaming Account
  9. ZiggyP5

ZiggyP5 Antidisestablishmentarianism

Discord:
    ZiggyP5#8560
    Ratings:
    +242 / 49 / -35
    Still overpaid here

• Funny Funny x 1
    No Streaming Account
  10. SQUADCAV16

SQUADCAV16 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    squadcav16#0
    Ratings:
    +102 / 1 / -2
    Great read. Keep up the good work. Definitely would like to see this be a weekly or quarterly thing. Good stuff man!

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  11. Garis93

Garis93 and they don't stop coming

Discord:
    Garis93#0625
    Ratings:
    +2,206 / 134 / -118
    Love my sound tigers.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
    LG_Voracek
  12. A Salty SaiIor

A Salty SaiIor Warning Group

Ratings:
    +2,026 / 48 / -76
    Thank you, I wish more responses were like this. I know it sucks being rated so low, i'd feel the same way. But at least you respect the effort that went into it and you've been around long enough you'll play the games and prove me wrong. I was thinking about doing my power rankings again like I did a couple seasons ago. So we'll see what happens

• Like Like x 3
    No Streaming Account
  13. SQUADCAV16

SQUADCAV16 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    squadcav16#0
    Ratings:
    +102 / 1 / -2
    It’s all good man. I don’t feel any type of way about it at all. It really was a good read. You brought facts. Looking forward to the challenge.
    Too many people in the league spend too much time shitting on media. Not enough of us enjoying it for what it is.
    You did it right. There’s no malicious intent. As a player in the league, if you can’t appreciate that, you might need to give your head a shake.

• Like Like x 3
    No Streaming Account
  14. TripAcez

TripAcez Aye Stop De Puck

Discord:
    TripAcez#0388
    Ratings:
    +93 / 2 / -10
    Jd is not my friend.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    TripAcez
  15. The Legacyyyyy

The Legacyyyyy Unknown Member

Ratings:
    +454 / 23 / -10
    JD is good people though. Good write up Salty. Appreciate the effort man.

• Like Like x 2
    TheLegacyyyyy
  16. TripAcez

TripAcez Aye Stop De Puck

Discord:
    TripAcez#0388
    Ratings:
    +93 / 2 / -10
    No he is not. JD is hitler behind closed doors.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    TripAcez
  17. Williams x12x

Williams x12x #WillyAfterDark

Discord:
    Williams x12x#8346
    Ratings:
    +730 / 15 / -22
    Video games and pizza....pssh someones jealous he didnt get the invite.

...Wait, you just dissed me? I'm perplexed
    Insult me in a line, compliment me on the next, damn

• Funny Funny x 2
    Williamsx12x
  18. Broomball16

Broomball16 Washed

Discord:
    Broomball16#1587
    Ratings:
    +1,581 / 861 / -476
    Great writeup, can't wait for the week 9 playoff fight.

• Like Like x 1
    • Get Good Get Good x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
    Broomball1881
  19. Broomball16

Broomball16 Washed

Discord:
    Broomball16#1587
    Ratings:
    +1,581 / 861 / -476
    Also shoutout to my elite owner @pghreaper and my elite LW @Icesn1per2525 for helping me get that one negative season.

• Like Like x 1
    • Get Good Get Good x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    Broomball1881
  20. xStLx Dietz

xStLx Dietz Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for shoutout. Let's gooo!!! :team315:@l SaIty I

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    No Streaming Account