S12 Metro Division Standings Predictions/Write Up

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming Hockey League (LGHL PSN)' started by MrPurpleCrush, Oct 14, 2019.

1. MrPurpleCrush

MrPurpleCrush Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,077 / 6 / -28
    I want to start off by apologizing for the lack of time and effort put into these compared to previous ones that I have done in the past. Only decided last minute to do these and just kind of threw my thoughts into one paragraph for each team this time around without doing much research on line combos or anything like that. Media is media though and it's hard to come by these days so I hope you enjoy. Will post the other 3 soon.

1) Columbus Blue Jackets

May be a surprise to some seeing me put this team here but Akon takes over and as long as him and JF5 dont play on the same line together, I think this team is finally built the way it should be. Didn't seem like there was ever enough good support on the 2nd line in the past few seasons and that's changed now. TakeNotes, SupSop, Domi, Txctfeezy, Mongee are all versatile players who can play up and down that lineup and produce. With a top 3 defence of Rsall, Reactz and Ducks, their top 2 lines will be solid defensively and will help this team win a good chunk of games. This is the most balanced team overall and I think it will help propel them to the top of this division.

2) Carolina Hurricanes

The reason I have Carolina here is because of their 2nd line. Claus is good for 20+ wins even if he plays with Helen Keller, but how well Jyuhnn and the 2nd line can do will be a huge determining factor as to where this team finishes. The bright side though is that this team has one of the best defences in the league, in terms of skill and depth. I know BA is very capable of playing on east but Im curious to see how he does over the course of a full season on east especially if he's playing with the 2nd line and Doughty plays with Claus.

3) New York Rangers

When it comes to Bo's Rangers it's pretty safe to say they're gonna make the playoffs. I believe it's gonna happen again this season but something about this team doesn't have me super enthused that they'll be great. Maybe it's the lack of support on defence after Bo and Mike that Im used to seeing this team have or the fact that they has a lot of new faces on forward that might need time to develop chemistry. Either way this team should be good enough to make the playoffs and I can see them possibly being higher up in the standings.

4) Philadelphia Flyers

I'm going to sound like I'm beating a dead horse for a bit here by saying nice offence, not so great defence. Really good 1 / 2 / 3 down the middle with LOL, Crafted, BTL. Legendary/Broski/Pier obviously have some previous chemistry with LOL and Crafted while Clark, DannyEPS, Bento are 3 solid support wingers to round out that forward group. On defence, Lehk is their best one at 4 mil. Not ideal. He's never played a season at defence before. I've never seen him play defence and Im sure he's at least decent but having him as your best one is very qustionable.

5) New Jersey Devils

Here we go again, I think the offence is good, and the defence is a little shaky. West line will be fine and as long as Zam/Serpe/Haze dont have a temper tantrum, those 3 should be effective on this team. Brad playing D on the west line is fine, but asking Bry to carry the load on defence is really not ideal. Nice guy but stats dont lie and 3 of his 4 seasons over .500 have been with Desjy and/or Claus. Better support dman than 5 mil dman who has to carry the defence. Just remembered JoeStud is on this team, I don't know why I dont have this team listed in 1st but it's too late now. Moving on.

6) Pittsburgh Penguins

For the 3rd time in a row, nice offence, what even is defence anymore? Nicky will put people on Mars with his connection again and probably get in the neighborhood of 20 wins again. MJ/FatHog/Sudzy and Prod/Saucenkov/JLM make for a good 2nd and 3rd line, but the defences to go with those lines are probably going to be their downfall and the big reason I have this team lower than Philly and the Devils. If they are going to make the playoffs, the defence has to step up and play alot better than it looks on paper.

7) Washington Capitals

I have the Caps in 7th right now and for the 4th time I'm saying nice offence and not so great defence, but this team is more balanced than the previous teams which leads me to believe they can definitely surpass those teams. I think Philly, NJD, PIT have deeper offences but WSH has a more balanced defence with an actual #1 dman. SirGab/Reap/Mondy with Jrasica on defence should do very well but it's up to the second line to win some games and get this team to the playoffs other wise they will most likely be in this current positon that I am putting them in.

8) New York Islanders

After beating a dead horse for a while I'm now down to saying bad offence and not great, but not bad defence. Goostav and Sook better have some massive backpacks because those 2 along with Krazy and Jedi are the only ones who have had above .500 records in the NHL on forward. If you put them together you'll have a 1 line team but if they're separated there probably is not enough support around them to help 2 lines win games. On defence I think the top 3 of FurryNips, Stokes and Perdikiotes gives this team a nice balance but is not nearly enough to help this team succeed in my opinion.

• Like Like x 16
    • Winner Winner x 5
    • Informative Informative x 1
    MrPurpleCrush
  2. zRobb-_-

zRobb-_- The Wayne Gretzky of sexual stuff

Ratings:
    +448 / 35 / -101
    Consider me a guaranteed 8 game ecu for the rangers

• Winner Winner x 1
    robshere
  3. JClaus33

JClaus33 Josh

Discord:
    JClaus33#0960
    Ratings:
    +4,032 / 68 / -188
    good stuff cody @Jyuhnn chicken nugget op

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    JClaus33
  4. eStokes

eStokes I'm a product of my environment

Ratings:
    +100 / 0 / -2
    All I gotta say is.......EVER MET ME

• Winner Winner x 1
    No Streaming Account
  5. Griff I98I

Griff I98I Well-Known Member

Discord:
    imgriffm#0
    Ratings:
    +200 / 36 / -77
    "Claus is good for 20+ wins even if he plays with Helen Keller" woah AHAHAHA

imgriffm
  6. MrPurpleCrush

Ratings:
    +1,077 / 6 / -28
    1) Columbus Blue Jackets (3rd)

May be a surprise to some seeing me put this team here but Akon takes over and as long as him and JF5 dont play on the same line together, I think this team is finally built the way it should be.

Well built team

2) Carolina Hurricanes (5th)

The reason I have Carolina here is because of their 2nd line.

Pretty accurate

3) New York Rangers (4th)

When it comes to Bo's Rangers it's pretty safe to say they're gonna make the playoffs.

Very safe to say.

4) Philadelphia Flyers (8th)

On defence, Lehk is their best one at 4 mil. Not ideal.

Defence never got any better all season.

5) New Jersey Devils (1st)

Just remembered JoeStud is on this team, I don't know why I dont have this team listed in 1st but it's too late now. Moving on.

I said it was too late.

6) Pittsburgh Penguins (6th)

If they are going to make the playoffs, the defence has to step up and play alot better than it looks on paper.

Just not enough to compete with the top teams.

7) Washington Capitals (2nd)

SirGab/Reap/Mondy with Jrasica on defence should do very well but it's up to the second line to win some games and get this team to the playoffs.

1st line shit on teams, they put together a really nice looking 2nd line and got quality defence.

8) New York Islanders (7th)

Goostav and Sook better have some massive backpacks.

Not nearly big enough.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    MrPurpleCrush
  7. Jpinvmt

Jpinvmt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +32 / 9 / -13
    Jrascia isn’t with caps but good writing !

No Streaming Account
  8. MrPurpleCrush

Ratings:
    +1,077 / 6 / -28
    I know that. This post was made prior to the season and I was just going over things I said that I wanted to reflect on.

• Like Like x 1
    MrPurpleCrush