Please Vote! Aldege "Baz" Bastien Award

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming American Hockey League (LGAHL)' started by Leniig, Jan 11, 2020.

?

Whos the best Goalie of s34 ?

Poll closed Jan 14, 2020.
  1. Tatar l21l

26 vote(s)
    17.9%
  2. Shloopsgotpoops

22 vote(s)
    15.2%
  3. Vaynx

32 vote(s)
    22.1%
  4. Ouellet I31I

61 vote(s)
    42.1%
  5. Z3R0CR45H

4 vote(s)
    2.8%
  1. Clutch l28l

Clutch l28l Washed Vet

Discord:
    Clutch#1521
    Ratings:
    +1,474 / 118 / -116
    Criteria:
    1) Production in relation to peers. Goaltenders with high SV%, low GAA, and the most shutouts are generally the "best" in the league. In particular, SV% should be weighted slightly more than GAA when analyzing stats. Also compare how a goalie did in comparison to the other goalie(s) on his team throughout the season. This gives some extra insight into how truly outstanding a goalie's performance was.

2) Individual record. Individual record becomes a very important and telling statistic. At the end of the day it's about winning, and to be considered for this award you should be posting at minimum a respectable record. Also note that to be eligible for this award you need to have played the most goalie games on your team. You can't be judged as the best goalie in the league if you weren't even judged as the best goalie on your team. It's preferable for goalies to have gotten a brunt of the workload throughout the season as opposed to an average 5/4 split, but this is not mandatory for consideration.

3) Linemates. This is mainly to note that a goalie should not be significantly punished during consideration simply for playing behind a talented team. On the flip side of this, goalies should not significantly benefit during consideration simply for playing on a below average team.

4) Strength of schedule. In a league where managers (and players, to a certain extent), are able to choose who they play against, it is important to consider strength of opposition when determining individual awards. The main things to examine here are record vs playoff teams as compared to record vs non-playoff teams, as well as statistical production vs playoff teams as compared to vs non-playoff teams. Specifically, a goalie who plays a majority of his games against stronger teams and has a quality record in these games should be rewarded over players who mainly play against weaker teams.
    As far as individual stats are concerned, it is expected that goalies will allow less goals against weaker teams. Goalies should only be downgraded in this area if they allow a significant and disproportionate amount of goals in games against playoff teams. In especially tight cases between goalies, also consider evaluating the individual lineups that they face throughout the season. Subjectively quantify teams' 1st/2nd/3rd lines, and examine how many of each the goalies have played against throughout the season, in combination with playoff/non playoff.

@Tatar l21l :team315:
    38-15-1 // 83.1 Sv% // 2.10 GAA // 9 Shutouts

@Shloopsgotpoops :team312:
    31-9-6 // 83.9 Sv% // 2.30 GAA // 5 Shutouts

@Vaynx :team517:
    30-12-3 // 83.8 Sv% // 2.05 GAA // 7 Shutouts

@Ouellet I30I :team390:
    31-9-2 // 84.0 Sv% // 2.11 GAA // 2 Shutouts

@Z3R0CR45H :team390:
    31-6-1 // 82.5 Sv% // 2.21 GAA // 6 Shutouts

• Winner Winner x 1
    In Diamond Dynasty
    the717clutch
  2. DocoPunk

DocoPunk Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +185 / 5 / -20
    Vanyx put up those numbers with @RyBish33 playing “defense” in front of him. Should be an easy choice.

• Winner Winner x 7
    No Streaming Account
  3. Z3R0CR45H

Z3R0CR45H It's been Fun All

Discord:
    Z3R0CR45H#0073
    Ratings:
    +528 / 29 / -37
    Tatar deserves it this year

• Winner Winner x 5
    No Streaming Account
  4. FrenchMoron

FrenchMoron Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,056 / 70 / -198
    @Vaynx did it on a team that went 45-30-7. Meaning the other G's went 15-18-4. Where as every other G on this list's backups also had incredible stats. Vaynx should be the easy pick.

• Winner Winner x 9
    No Streaming Account
  5. A Salty SaiIor

A Salty SaiIor Warning Group

Ratings:
    +2,026 / 48 / -76
    This is exactly my point as to why awards are a joke.

• Like Like x 4
    No Streaming Account
  6. FrenchMoron

Ratings:
    +2,056 / 70 / -198
    This is 1 vote out of 20. Chill. Complain about the names on the ballot cause of lazy committee members. Not because of the community which we know in advance ain't going to use judgement.

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  7. A Salty SaiIor

A Salty SaiIor Warning Group

Ratings:
    +2,026 / 48 / -76
    If you're implying that this is because im favoring tatar its not. Speaking of however we do know that statistically other goalies have better numbers then the leading vote getter. And as a whole the awards process is a joke which was my point not this award solely.

No Streaming Account
  8. FrenchMoron

Ratings:
    +2,056 / 70 / -198
    I wasn't implying anything other than we know in advance that the community vote gets a bit ridiculous which is why the community ain't deciding on who wins. It just adds 1 ballot to the committee.

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  9. Kiroxy4320

Kiroxy4320 Warning Group

Discord:
    Kiroxy#8894
    Ratings:
    +863 / 38 / -28
    I wonder what voting would look like, if all names/logos were covered. Some people will probably still figure out who someone or one person is, but I’m curious to see how different the community voting would end up looking like in comparison.

• Winner Winner x 1
    Kiroxy