Please Vote! Should players have to move up?

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming American Hockey League (LGAHL)' started by DaSteelerz, Jan 28, 2020.

Tags:
?

Should players have to move up?

1. Yes

2. No

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. FrenchMoron

FrenchMoron Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,056 / 70 / -198
    I don't have a problem with people coming down to manage. I have a problem with people good enough to manage in the N who come down to the A and manage. That should never happen.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
    No Streaming Account
  2. Hansum Horty

Hansum Horty Well-Known Member

Discord:
    hansum_horty#0
    Ratings:
    +831 / 54 / -127
    You could manage in the N I’m sure.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
    No Streaming Account
  3. CornHoleCaron

CornHoleCaron CHC

Discord:
    CornHoleCaron#7749
    Ratings:
    +348 / 30 / -36
    AHL is where the fun is at.

No Streaming Account
  4. FrenchMoron

Ratings:
    +2,056 / 70 / -198
    I was a 3rd liner when I played in the NHL. I am a good manager. But I believe I am right where I belong. Being able to play is one thing, anyone can. Being able to do what you're best at is a different story. Some people just do it for the competitive aspect. I was like that until a website bug forced me out of NHL bidding in S32. Then in S33 I took on a challenge by managing on XB not knowing any XBer's. Then I just kinda man crushed on my core players and have enjoyed the community down here much more than I did in the NHL. This league is fun for many different reasons. Everyone who plays, does for different reasons. Forcing people to do something they do not want to do isn't going to help the league.

• Like Like x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
    No Streaming Account
  5. Hansum Horty

Discord:
    hansum_horty#0
    Ratings:
    +831 / 54 / -127
    Right but you were one of the top AHL managers. When the NHL needs help, the top AHL managers should step up. The NHL needs help this season.

Its the perfect example of where if salary didn’t manner, we’d have a ton more good NHL managers. If you had $5-10MIL more to work with then you could compete in NHL. That only works tho if everyone has a salary.

I get that we want top players as owners and those players should still be given teams first if they want them.

• Like Like x 3
    No Streaming Account
  6. FrenchMoron

Ratings:
    +2,056 / 70 / -198
    Why would I go spend 9 weeks of absolute hell volunteering to babysit 16 guys who don't want to play for me? It would do no good to anyone. That's what people don't seem to understand. We don't get paid for this. We do it because we love doing it. Take that away and what's the point?

• Like Like x 3
    • Dumb Dumb x 2
    No Streaming Account
  7. Hansum Horty

Discord:
    hansum_horty#0
    Ratings:
    +831 / 54 / -127
    I mean you may be right that they don’t want to play for you. That is because of the current format. If you had the money to get the top guys whoever they want then it wouldn’t be an issue. As long as you can be organized, gather guys , win games and put together a good team anyone will play for you.

It is better than a CHL guy jumping to the N.

By the look of things the top players owning every season will slow down as they get sick of doing it. There are not a fresh crop of elites every season coming in so we need to find a way that makes someone like you want to be an owner.

• Like Like x 2
    No Streaming Account
  8. FrenchMoron

Ratings:
    +2,056 / 70 / -198
    Having an advantage over a guy who just like me does this for fun but is just better than me at the game isn't going to make me want to do it even more. If anything it makes me want to do it even less.

• Dumb Dumb x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    No Streaming Account
  9. Hansum Horty

Discord:
    hansum_horty#0
    Ratings:
    +831 / 54 / -127
    Well it’s kinda more an issue that they get a top player to keep for free on top of them being better than you. They are going to attract a better GM.

Maybe just start with no free GM

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    No Streaming Account
  10. FrenchMoron

Ratings:
    +2,056 / 70 / -198
    So let's just punish the good players for being good at the game. GENIUS!

No Streaming Account
  11. Hansum Horty

Discord:
    hansum_horty#0
    Ratings:
    +831 / 54 / -127
    Connor McDavid is not free to his team. They play the price to have a top player.

You shouldn’t have to be the best player on the team to be the manager. You should have to have a smart brain.

You are not trying to help I can see so I’ll let it go.

• Like Like x 2
    No Streaming Account
  12. GiveMeDaPuck

GiveMeDaPuck Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +146 / 3 / -24
    You're so contradictory. People who are good enough to manage in the N, shouldn't be allowed to manage in the A, but people who are good enough to be the best player in the N, should be given the ability to play in the A if that's the league they find more fun?

I've seen a lot of mention of the fact that the A is just "more fun". Is that a reasonable reason though to allow players to dictate which league they play in? Is it possible that by allowing players to bypass NHL bidding that it weakens the NHL talent pool, and therefore making that league less fun for people up there? Is it possible that by bypassing NHL bidding, players that aren't ready for the N are being forced to play up there and essentially ruining their fun for the season?

If for every 1 player that gets to have "more fun" by bypassing NHL bidding, is it possible that 3 or 4 people have "less fun" by playing with lesser players, and by playing in a league they aren't skilled enough to be in? We need to be looking at this from a perspective of what's best for the league, not what's best for a handful of people.

• Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 5
    GiveMeDaPuck
  13. FrenchMoron

Ratings:
    +2,056 / 70 / -198
    Nobody has less fun by playing in the N. People who play in the N signed up for it and get the salary based on that if they make it on a team. AHL is the same way. People sign up for it and get rewarded a salary based on their skill level. Same goes with the CHL. For every 6-7-8-9-10M guy, that means that team needs to get creative with their roster in order to make it work. It doesn't matter what level. The problem is.. The so called good players you speak of in the NHL that the dodgers are trying to avoid are those who can only play with guys they believe of equal talent or better than them. But the reality in LG is that in order to have a successful team, your best players need to be willing to play with those 500k-750k players in order to balance lines and make playoffs.

It's a free league. In 2020. Let the people do what they want or you'll just lose more people and water down the talent pool even more.

• Dumb Dumb x 1
    No Streaming Account
  14. FrenchMoron

Ratings:
    +2,056 / 70 / -198
    [​IMG]

Point made.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  15. NotoriousFAT 00

NotoriousFAT 00 Former LG media kingpin, Wine gum lover, LG dad.

Discord:
    NotoriousFAT 00#5853
    Ratings:
    +3,746 / 76 / -124
    This would be a great discussion for a panel show. That is if one could manage to bring the people arguing their points together to accomplish it. Sadly this is also a challenge maybe one as big as getting guys to play to their level in the first place.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    notoriousfat00
  16. Crankov

Crankov Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +373 / 22 / -61
    what’s the point? I understand both sides. But in reality if there are no late sign ups. How many players does it actually affect?

I’m just for parity in the league. If fun is the reason to be in ahl then that isn’t much of a reason.

Comparing GB and lol to some of the guys who don’t move up isn’t the same.

But I know nothing will ever be done as long as Brodie wants to play in ahl. But staff and tris always talk about lg being simulation. And the ahl is looked at as a developmental league in real life.

But as long as there are guys who want to play on “easy mode”. Then it will never change.

No Streaming Account
  17. TheCloud IX

TheCloud IX Well-Known Member

Discord:
    cloudicus#0
    Ratings:
    +428 / 21 / -34
    S28 Meese, nuff said.

Playing CHAPTER 12: GIBRALTAR BRIDGE
    mrcloudicuss
  18. Loki x6x

Loki x6x See Ach El BOG

Discord:
    lokix6x#0
    Ratings:
    +5,000 / 139 / -217

My record begs to differ. How about not getting so fucking hurt over ratings? lmaooo

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
    Lokix6x
  19. FrenchMoron

Ratings:
    +2,056 / 70 / -198
    If you think I'm hurt. Just saying majority of those who complain have never done management, are just generally bad at the game but won't admit it to themselves, so they blame the system for their lack of success.

• Dumb Dumb x 5
    No Streaming Account
  20. macros73

macros73 Just This Guy

Ratings:
    +2,894 / 218 / -293
    It's certainly easier to label the majority of those with opposing viewpoints as bad and in denial. You get to avoid a great deal of critical thought that way.

• Like Like x 2
    No Streaming Account