S35 Eastern North Management Grades

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming American Hockey League (LGAHL)' started by ThatZachGuy, Feb 2, 2020.

1. ThatZachGuy

ThatZachGuy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +596 / 35 / -36
    Wanted to throw out some media before bidding began. Now that team swapping looks to be done, I felt it was a good time to hand out some management grades. I'm sure I screwed up somewhere in determining how many seasons you've managed so get over it. If you don't like what I said then too bad. I'm an ass.

:team777: Belleville Senators - GM: @BUFFALO STAR 23 / AGM: @tranqzz

Buffalo made his return to LG last season after being away for 7 seasons. In his return on Binghamton, he went 17-3-2 with 29 points on defense. Buffalo has never been part of management before and since he has been away for a while, I am not sure if he will know the layout of the league. Maybe being back last season has given him all of the information that he needs.

Tranqz was AGM last season for the Texas Stars. His team finished as the 3rd worst team in the AHL. Tranqz best season in LG was his first ever in Season 31 where he went 17-7 with 55 points for the Sea Dogs. Other than that there really isn't anything that catches my eye. I think this team may be like Texas from last season.

- Management Experience: D-
    - Management Success (Team Finish): F
    - Skills (Personal Success): D
    - # of Seasons in the AHL Combined: 3

:team303: Binghamton Devils - GM: @SmiTTy x 12 / AGM: @XenoSZN

Talk about someone who has been around a long time. Smitty has been management in LG for 10 seasons spanning across all 3 leagues and 5 different teams. The one problem is that he has only made the playoffs 4 times when he manages and only made it out of the 1st round one time. Smitty has a very middle of the road career record in LG and would not be considered an elite player by any means. But he does have management experience and maybe he can find other people to put around him in order to win.

Xeno's first and only time he was management was last season as Binghamton's AGM. That also was his best season in LG sporting a 19-1-6 record with 78 points. The baby Devils did lose in the 1st round though. Xeno has always put up the points in LG but the record is not so good. Maybe last season is a reflection of something to come more often.

- Management Experience: A+
    - Management Success (Team Finish): C
    - Skills (Personal Success): C+
    - # of Seasons in the AHL Combined: 7.5

:team317: Cleveland Monsters - GM: @MIKE x SCOTT / @AGM: @DONNYWOOD

Mike Scott is heading into his 3rd season of management. His first time managing came in Season 33 with the Railers in the CHL. He personally had a great season, but his team was eliminated in the 1st round of the playoffs. Last season wasn't the best for Mike as his Cleveland Monsters finished 6th in the division. Mike's career in LG hasn't been very spectacular, but last season was his first full season as an AHLer.

Donnywood makes his return to management this season after being AGM of the Cleveland Monsters last season. Donny who has played defense for the majority of his LG career, made the switch to forward in Season 33 where he played with his current GM, Mike Scott. He posted 21 wins and 61 points during that season. He remained a forward last season where he went 15-9 with 68 points, but failed to make the playoffs.

- Management Experience: C
    - Management Success (Team Finish): C-
    - Skills (Personal Success): C
    - # of Seasons in the AHL Combined: 4.5

:team778: Laval Rocket - GM: @xl Slurpee lx / AGM: @rollinj0071

Slurpee has managed two times in his LG career. One season in the CHL and the other in the AHL. In Season 25 he was GM of the Calgary Hitmen where he personally did not have a great season, but his team made the playoffs. That was short lived though as they were eliminated in the 1st round. In Season 29 he made his AHL GM debut and again had the same outcome both personally and team wise as he did in the CHL. It doesn't look like Slurpee has played much in recent seasons so we'll see how it goes with him as GM this season.

Rollinj will be heading into his 10th season in management, but his first in the AHL. A career CHLer is making his jump to the AHL. From Season 27 to 32 he was Owner of the Flint Firebirds. Made the playoffs every season, but never got out of the 2nd round. His best season stat wise was in 33 where he was GM of the Olympiques and put up 66 points. Rollin has the experience, but I'm not sure he has the ability to help build a contender.

- Management Experience: A
    - Management Success (Team Finish): B-
    - Skills (Personal Success): B-
    - #of Seasons in the AHL Combined: 3

:team312: Rochester Americans - GM: @I Nylander l / AGM: @Saucing Pucks / AGM: @Boogie x6

Well Nylander has enjoyed 11 seasons of babysitting LGers. He will be going into his 12th season of management. It all began back in Season 6 of the CHL and now this will be his 5th in the AHL. Nylander has never missed the playoffs in all 11 seasons of being management. He has made it past the 1st round numerous times and has take home a Calder Cup in Season 33 with Rochester. Nylander has the talent both on the ice and managerial to take this team a long ways.

Saucing Pucks is a first time manager this season. It's not a bad place to start and it most likely happened because he doesn't want to be overpaid and on a bad team in bidding. In his only two seasons in the AHL (28 & 29), he has won the Calder Cup both times. Before that he spent 2 seasons in the CHL putting up wins and numbers. After those 2 Calder Cup wins he went to the NHL level and did not experience the same success and maybe that also contributed to him dropping back to the AHL.

Boogie brings 5 seasons of management experience to the Americans this season. The majority of that was spent in the CHL for the Acadie-Bathurst Titans. During those seasons he went on 3 deep playoff runs. His lone time managing in the AHL was last season with these Rochester Americans where they lost in the 2nd round. Putting Boogie's skills with the likes of Pucks and Nylander make this a dangerous managerial team.

- Management Success (Team Finish): A-
    - Skills (Personal Success): A
    - # of Seasons in the AHL Combined: 10

:team309: Syracuse Crunch - GM: @l1l Sharp l0l / AGM: @Makaaarrrr

Sharp has spent the last 9 seasons in the NHL, but before that he did manage 2 times in the CHL and 3 times in the AHL. He made it to the playoffs in all 5 of those seasons. In the 3 seasons of AHL management, Sharp made it to the 2nd round two times. Seeing that Sharp has spent a long time recently in the NHL, he may not be too familiar with the people in the AHL. But the experience he has from playing in the NHL may make the AHL a more fun time to play in.

Makar will be making his managerial debut this season. He too has spent the past few seasons at the NHL level where he didn't have much success. He had his best seasons while playing in the CHL, but after moving to the AHL and then NHL he doesn't look like a big time defenseman. With no elite talent and no managerial experience, I think this AGM pick must be a friend pickup?

- Management Experience: C+
    - Skills (Personal Success): C
    - # of Seasons in the AHL Combined: 6

:team298: Toronto Marlies - GM: @Colonel20 / AGM: @flyers2844

Colonel is another one of these guys who has been away from the AHL for some time, but he brings plenty of managerial experience to this team. It all began in Season 4 of the CHL where he led his Voltigeurs to a Memorial Cup championship. He has made the playoffs every season in the AHL (4), but only 2 times out of 5 in the NHL. Colonel has played better in the AHL than the NHL which is expected from most players as the AHL is less talented usually, but it's the time he has spent in management which could give him an edge.

Flyers has managed one time in his LG career and that was last season as AGM for the Toronto Marlies. It was a pretty good personal season for Flyers as he went 15-9-4 with 56 points and his team made the playoffs. They did get bounced in the 1st round though. Overall, Flyers has had some good seasons in the AHL and he does bring some knowledge to the team about players in the AHL from last season.

- Management Experience: A
    - Management Success (Team Finish): B-
    - Skills (Personal Success): B-
    - # of Seasons in the AHL Combined: 9

:team410: Utica Comets - GM: @Brisan x6 / AGM: @DeIosh AGM: @l SaIty I

I knew researching Brisan's managerial history would be a pain, but this man is heading into his 14th season of management. The thing you wouldn't expect is that he has never won a championship at any level. Brisan is a talented player though and always surrounds himself with more talent to push his teams to the top of the standings. Playoffs are a question mark though as there doesn't seem to be much success there. Will this season be different?

Delosh has managed 2 times in the NHL and 3 times in the AHL. The teams he has been management for have made the playoffs 4 times. None of those teams have made deep runs though. Delosh is a seasoned veteran though who also plays on the Playstation side of LG. The majority of his Xbox NHL career has been as a goalie and his AHL career as a defenseman. He has proven to be a more than servicable defenseman and a familiar face to this management team.

The man with I's and L's in his gamertag, Salty joins up again with Brisan and Delosh in management. This will be Salty's 9th season of management and 7th at the AHL level. Like Brisan though, he has never won a championship and he doesn't have much success when it comes to playoffs as he has only made it out of the 1st round one time. Salty has had his up and down seasons in the AHL so I'm sure he and his fellow defensive management partners would like to make this one a good one.

- Skills (Personal Success): B
    - # of Seasons in the AHL Combined: 22

• Like Like x 8
    • Get Good Get Good x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
    No Streaming Account
  2. BigSaveNabokov

BigSaveNabokov Chat Mute/Forum Mute - No Buy-Out

Ratings:
    +1,886 / 210 / -344
    There's so many questions.
    1.) How is Utica a C management success?
    2.) How are you going to grade Syracuse anything below a B+?
    3.) How is rollinj an A management anything?
    4.) Who allowed you to do this?

This is a .5/10

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
    mattyhandz
  3. ThatZachGuy

Ratings:
    +596 / 35 / -36
    And you're a fucking idiot who brings nothing to the table. All you do is run your mouth and have nothing intelligent to say.

• Winner Winner x 4
    No Streaming Account
  4. ThatZachGuy

Ratings:
    +596 / 35 / -36
    I can't edit the original post, but the management team here is incorrect. Cleveland's actual management team is @Schreiny as GM and @BowserKOTK as AGM. Scrieny has been management for 1 season in Season 33 with the Iowa Wild. He went 20-5-1 and his team won their division. They did get eliminated in the 2nd round of the playoffs. While he doesn't bring much managerial experience, he is very skilled and will be interesting to see how he builds his team. Bowser brings no management experience to the team but was part of the Calder Cup winning Eagles last season and went undefeated in the playoffs. I'm not sure if last season was a product of who he played with or if he has figured out how to play better. Only time will tell.

- Management Experience: D-
    - Skills (Personal Success): C+
    - # of Seasons in the AHL Combined: 7

• Useful Useful x 1
    No Streaming Account
  5. xl Slurpee lx

xl Slurpee lx Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +206 / 21 / -20
    Quit bullying my agm, k thanks love you <3

• Winner Winner x 1
    blowinxcloud5
  6. BigSaveNabokov

Ratings:
    +1,886 / 210 / -344
    says the guy who cant correctly judge ahl management talent. You're washed buddy pipe down

• Funny Funny x 1
    mattyhandz
  7. ThatZachGuy

Ratings:
    +596 / 35 / -36
    LOL it's my fucking opinions dumbass. I can say whatever the fuck I want to. The world doesn't evolve around you asshole. Learn to just shut the fuck up and if you don't like my post then make your own.

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  8. BigSaveNabokov

Ratings:
    +1,886 / 210 / -344
    how ironic, I threw my opinion out and you attacked me

• Troll Troll x 1
    mattyhandz
  9. Pope Dave ll

Pope Dave ll 113 IQ score

Discord:
    popedaveii#0
    Ratings:
    +355 / 39 / -35
    I could've rotted you last season, be thankful that I'm not a cunt

• Like Like x 3
    popedavell
  10. BigSaveNabokov

Ratings:
    +1,886 / 210 / -344
    this dudes the biggest toxic crybaby too lmao

• Like Like x 1
    mattyhandz
  11. Lebang 58

Lebang 58 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Lebang 58#8645
    Ratings:
    +65 / 11 / -10
    This is so fucking terrible you continue to surprise me

• Like Like x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
    No Streaming Account
  12. Donnnnyyyy

Donnnnyyyy Meatball

Ratings:
    +133 / 16 / -16
    Hi - I am currently managing with CubsCrusher in Grand Rapids

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
    No Streaming Account
  13. l1l Sharp l0l

l1l Sharp l0l Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +727 / 85 / -80
    Thanks for the write up good buddy!!

• Winner Winner x 1
    Lsharpl
  14. mikeychel

mikeychel Living legend

Discord:
    mikeychel#9499
    Ratings:
    +1,468 / 122 / -262
    No Streaming Account
  15. BigSaveNabokov

Ratings:
    +1,886 / 210 / -344

• Funny Funny x 2
    mattyhandz
  16. Next BIue

Next BIue My Nerves are shot..

Ratings:
    +72 / 7 / -6
    HAHAHHA degenerate

• Like Like x 1
    • Troll Troll x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    No Streaming Account
  17. Doitlive23

Doitlive23 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +73 / 5 / -6
    Lol at least pretend to do some research before you post. Knowing who’s Gm’ing who would be a good start.

• Winner Winner x 2
    No Streaming Account
  18. Makaaarrrr

Makaaarrrr Stud Makar

Ratings:
    +82 / 24 / -16
    It’s funny to see one of the worst gm i’ve ever had in lg to do a write up like that lmao

• Like Like x 2
    No Streaming Account
  19. Boogie x6

Boogie x6 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +566 / 15 / -15
    I support any post that says good things about my team. Great work

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  20. Barks l21l

Barks l21l Admirals GM

Discord:
    i Nylander l#8101
    Ratings:
    +405 / 35 / -39
    Enjoyed the nice little read. People should just enjoy that someone took the time and did some media.

• Like Like x 4
    lNylanderl