S35 Eastern Atlantic Management Grades

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming American Hockey League (LGAHL)' started by ThatZachGuy, Feb 2, 2020.

1. ThatZachGuy

ThatZachGuy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +596 / 35 / -36
    Wanted to throw out some media before bidding began. Now that team swapping looks to be done, I felt it was a good time to hand out some management grades. I'm sure I screwed up somewhere in determining how many seasons you've managed so get over it. If you don't like what I said then too bad. I'm an ass.

:team315: Bridgeport Sound Tigers - GM: @Vahey l19l / AGM: @l B4SS l

Vahey is making his move up from the CHL where he has been owner for the past 4 seasons. In each of those 4 seasons, his teams have made the playoffs. In saying that, I do have to mention that he also has not won a Memorial Cup. As a player, Vahey has showed that he can put up points and win games (35-9-4 with 189 points over the past 2 seasons with the Vancouver Giants).

B4SS is making his return to an AGM role after he previously only had a management role in Season 32 with the Niagara Ice Dogs in the CHL. That season finished with a Memorial Cup win and marked B4SS final season in the CHL. He has since played 2 seasons in the AHL under a @Dunks led Colorado Eagle and won a Calder Cup last season. With only 5 seasons in LG, B4SS has put up very respectable numbers as a defenseman.

- Management Experience: A-
    - Management Success (Team Finish): B
    - Skills (Personal Success): A-
    - # of Seasons in the AHL Combined: 2.5

:team393: Charlotte Checkers - GM: @FrenchMoron / AGM: @Drxma

Moron is back for another season as the Checkers owner after falling to the Colorado Eagles in the Calder Cup Finals last season. FrenchMoron is coming into his 3rd season as a GM on the Xbox side (started LG career on Playstation). His first season as GM was for the Phantoms in Season 33 which ended in a first round exit. In his 4 seasons on Xbox, Moron has never had a losing season. He also has posted a 41-10-2 record with 73 points over his last 2 seasons (as GM).

Like FrenchMoron, Drxma has spent his last 2 seasons in a management role (AGM). Season 33 was spent with the Wolfpack. A place and season where I think Drxma would like to forget as the team finished 7th in the division. But last season he was AGM under Moron and had a very successful season. The numbers that Drxma puts up aren't blistering, but they are good and get the job done. He can also generate wins which really is all that matters.

- Management Experience: B-
    - Management Success (Team Finish): C+
    - Skills (Personal Success): A
    - # of Seasons in the AHL Combined: 7

:team314: Hartford Wolf Pack - GM: @ZiggyP5 / @AGM: @xl NiTeOwL lx

Ziggy last managed back in Season 33 in the CHL for the Tri City Americans where his team made the playoffs, but were eliminated in the 2nd round. Ziggy put up good numbers in the CHL, but struggled in his first couple seasons in the AHL (albeit they weren't full seasons). He was part of the Hershey Bears last season where had the 4th most points on the team, 52, a career high.

What Ziggy may lack, NiTeOwL can make up. NiTeOwL has 3 Calder Cups and they came consecutively between seasons 29 and 31. He was AGM for Season 30 and GM for Season 31. Altogether, NiTe has been an AGM for 2 seasons and a GM for 4 seasons. You won't find him lighting up the stat sheet all season, but he does have the ability to run a team and mold it to be championship caliber.

- Management Experience: A
    - Management Success (Team Finish): A+
    - Skills (Personal Success): B
    - # of Seasons in the AHL Combined: 9

:team350: Hershey Bears - GM: @Wickedly Moist / AGM: @Studz x 7

Moist is one of the guys the everyone loves to hate. At least we should expect some entertainment back in the AHL. He first owned in S24 for the Drummondville Voltigeurs where nothing really came about. He then was an AGM in Season 30 of the AHL for Belleville where they finished 6th in the division. Seasons 31 through 33, Moist was a GM. He made the playoffs in all 3 seasons, but never made it out of the 1st round. His best accomplishment as GM was the Macgregor Kilpatrick Trophy in Season 31 which is awared to the team with the most points in the regular season. Moist has proven that he can put up the points and wins as a player, but the playoffs are his kryptonite.

Studz is returning to an AGM role after helping the Utica Comets get to the Eastern Conference finals last season. He first managed in the CHL in Season 29 for the Spirit. A 1st round exit in the playoffs happened. In Season 32 he was AGM for the Calder Cup winning Rochester Americans. He had a 20-5-3 record with 66 points during the regular season and went 7-1 in the playoffs. Studz is a very talented player and it will be interesting to see how him and Moist work together.

- Management Experience: A-
    - Management Success (Team Finish): B
    - Skills (Personal Success): A
    - #of Seasons in the AHL Combined: 14

:team302: Lehigh Valley Phantoms - GM: @Cookies2466 / AGM: @Crispierick

Cookies first joined management in Season 30 as an AGM for the Springfield Thunderbirds where he had a 7th place finish. Then he came back to the Thunderbirds in Season 31 as GM and missed the playoffs by 5 points. In Season 32, Cookies dropped down to the CHL to take an AGM role for the Allen Americans where a first round exit in the playoffs occurred. Finally, in Season 33, Cookies jumped back up to the AHL to take GM for the Monsters where again he suffered a first round exit. I'm not quite sure what to make of Cookies. He's bouncing back and forth from the AHL to the CHL. He has a mixture of good and okay seasons and no dominant offensive outburst.

Crispierick was AGM with Cookies in Season 30 and for Cookies in 31. You already know what happened those seasons by reading above. He was also part of Cookies team in Season 33, but was not management. As most people, Crispierick had better numbers in the CHL, but his numbers in the AHL are better point wise than Cookies. The double digit losses every season is something to worry about though.

- Management Experience: B+
    - Management Success (Team Finish): C
    - Skills (Personal Success): C+
    - # of Seasons in the AHL Combined: 8.5

:team352: Providence Bruins - GM: @Broomball16 / AGM: @Sokastr7

Broomball comes into Season 35 having owned, GM'd, or AGM'd in the past 6 seasons. In his 4 seasons in CHL management, Broomball was able to make the playoffs every season. Seasons 29-31 ended in first or second round exits. Season 32 saw him make it to the 4th round with the Saskatoon Blades. Jumpng up to the AHL made no difference in Season 33, as Broomball made the playoffs with the Marlies, but was bounced in the first round. Last season was the first time in his management career that he did not make the playoffs. Broomball has been a competent player in his LG career getting double digit wins and averaging around 50 points per season.

Sokastr7 has never played in the AHL. He played one season in the CHL on the same team as Broomball and then was drafted by the St. Louis Blues in Season 32. After being traded to the Philadelphia Flyers before the season even started, he went on to a 19-3-4 record and was part of the Stanley Cup winning team. Sokastr7 has spent the past 2 seasons in the NHL. His record has not been what it was his rookie season, but his teams did make the playoffs only to lose in the first round both times. NHL caliber defenseman coming to the AHL to be AGM for the first time.

- Management Experience: A
    - Management Success (Team Finish): B+
    - Skills (Personal Success): B+
    - # of Seasons in the AHL Combined: 2.5

:team617: Springfield Thunderbirds - GM: @Jake GuentzeI / AGM: @the alliane

We have ourselves a first time AHL GM, but Jake has owned in the CHL since Season 30 (5 seasons). He has made the playoffs in 4 out of 5 seasons. Last season was the only season that he did not play goalie. The surprising thing is that he had a great season out of the net (15-4-2 with 70 points). In Jake's career in management, he has only made it out of the 1st round one time.

Alliane was AGM in Season 33 for Cape Breton and GM under Jake in Season 34 for Prince George. I honestly don't really see anything special here. Stats don't show Alliane being a shut down defenseman or someone who can generate offense. Besides the season he was with Jake, he made the playoffs with Cape Breton and lost in the 1st round.

- Management Experience: B+
    - Management Success (Team Finish): C
    - Skills (Personal Success): C+
    - # of Seasons in the AHL Combined: 1

:team301: Wilkes Barre Scranton Penguins - GM: @MxrteI / AGM: @TITOWILDTHNG

Mxrtel was in a management position one time in his career. That came in Season 32 as GM of the Columbus Blue Jackets. His team finished 11 points out of a wilcard spot. Mxrtel has spent the last 2.5 seasons in the NHL. In his time spent in the AHL (Season 31 & half of Season 32), he put up a record of 33-3-4 and recorded 99 points. Even on bad teams in the NHL, Mxrtel has managed to put up some decent numbers. An interesting GM to follow this season.

Tito was AGM of Prince Albert in Season 31. He too like most of the management I've discussed has not made it out of the 1st round as part of a management team. Everyone knows Tito and what he brings to the table. Overall in his career he has a positive winning percentage and will contribute on the scoring end. I'd be interested to see if Tito and Mxrtel pair together or build their own lines.

- Management Experience: D
    - Management Success (Team Finish): D
    - Skills (Personal Success): B+
    - # of Seasons in the AHL Combined: 4.5

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 6
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
    No Streaming Account
  2. BigSaveNabokov

BigSaveNabokov Chat Mute/Forum Mute - No Buy-Out

Ratings:
    +1,886 / 210 / -344
    This is even worse than the last one

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    mattyhandz
  3. sxint_pablo

sxint_pablo LGAHL BOG

Discord:
    Steel#2459
    Ratings:
    +230 / 60 / -48
    I made the playoffs every season not 4 out of 5 :mad: good read though

• Get Good Get Good x 3
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
    No Streaming Account
  4. Studz x 7

Studz x 7 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +284 / 3 / -10
    Great write up Zach. Thanks for the kind words. Good luck this season :)

No Streaming Account
  5. Broomball16

Broomball16 Washed

Discord:
    Broomball16#1587
    Ratings:
    +1,590 / 862 / -479
    Nice writeup, s32 I made it to the mem cup finals btw. Keep this up, need more media like this!

• Get Good Get Good x 1
    • Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
    Broomball1881
  6. TITO JAKS0N

TITO JAKS0N BETTER CENTRE THAN YOU AND EVERYONE ELSE

Ratings:
    +283 / 48 / -68
    I was once AGM on PA Raiders for 1 week at the end of the season when the actual AGM left. You cant say as management I have yet to get out of the first, i didnt even build the team lol

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  7. ZiggyP5

ZiggyP5 Antidisestablishmentarianism

Discord:
    ZiggyP5#8560
    Ratings:
    +242 / 49 / -35
    Last season was my only season in the A, s33 was me ecuing for baby sens a bajillion times :)

No Streaming Account
  8. macros73

macros73 Just This Guy

Ratings:
    +2,894 / 218 / -293
    Too many good grades, all the previous criticism has made the author timid. Thanks for ruining another promising media contributor @BigSaveNabokov.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    No Streaming Account
  9. KirbyyTM

KirbyyTM I Swallow Alot

Discord:
    Cookies#7902
    Ratings:
    +212 / 13 / -24
    Good write up Zack :)

• Winner Winner x 1
    No Streaming Account
  10. BigSaveNabokov

BigSaveNabokov Chat Mute/Forum Mute - No Buy-Out

Ratings:
    +1,886 / 210 / -344
    You're welcome!

mattyhandz
  11. ThatZachGuy

ThatZachGuy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +596 / 35 / -36
    Did these at the same time by the way, but you're right. I'm done attempting to contribute to media. Someone else can put their time into it. It's not worth mine.

No Streaming Account
  12. macros73

macros73 Just This Guy

Ratings:
    +2,894 / 218 / -293
    Nah, don't stop now, you have to finish out the reviews before you call it done.

All the soft whiny kids reacting to not getting A's in reviews from Zach:

[​IMG]

No Streaming Account