S13 Bidding Recap - Top 5 Highest Paid Players (Each Position)

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming Hockey League (LGHL PSN)' started by vKB-_-, Feb 5, 2020.

?

What position do you think really lacked talent?

1. Goalies

2. Defense

3. Forwards (C or Wing)

4. None, bidding was fine

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. KBI13I

KBI13I Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,580 / 78 / -164
    Hey guys, I decided to bring some media content as I usually make these types of threads every season after bidding.

Keep in mind that everyone is entitled to their own opinion if you don't agree with what I have to say then feel free to make your own thread and express your opinion. This thread isn't meant to bash anyone, so don't take what is said personally. I'm just trying to bring some good reading content to the PSN side.

Top 5 Highest Paid Players
    (Each position) ​

Left Wing

1) [​IMG] CaLL Me Jakoo - $11,250,000

Although Jakoo isn't a natural left winger, he signed up as one for whatever reason, so I put him here.

Jakoo is known to be a top player on Xbox and although his availability isn't the best because of Xbox LG + ESHL, this contract I'd say is 100% worth it considering he was the best if not one of the best forwards in this seasons bidding. My prediction is not only will he be a key piece to his team making playoffs, but his individual stats will be sick once again being in the run for most points/goals.

2) [​IMG] SirGab x 48 - $10,250,000

SirGab being the second highest paid left winger, (technically first) do I agree with this contract? Absolutely.

The last 3 seasons in the NHL since drafted SirGab has absolutely killed it having elite stats showing why he can be considered a top left winger on the PSN side. I've never really believed in spending this much on any left winger because it's not an important position, but SirGab is one of those guys I'd spend 10M on if needed to fill a #1 spot because of his skill level and his personality.

3) [​IMG] Eastons17 - $10,000,000

Eastons has been known to be a top left winger on the PSN side for a long time, some may consider him washed now while others still think he has it, personally I think he's still a solid player that is worth a free contract.

Last season with the LA Kings being GM he had a solid season putting up 18 wins with 62 points, I can see him having another solid season helping his team make playoffs. In my opinion, a good contract for Detroit that won't hurt them.

4) [​IMG] Rickchel - $9,750,000

Rickchel back on PSN after taking a season off as that's what he's known to do. He is considered a top player on both consoles. While his two seasons of Xbox LG stats scream struggle, he has killed it over here on the PSN side. S11 getting 21 wins with 82 points, followed by another 20 win season and 93 points back in S8.

In my opinion, Rickchel is a better player than Eastons and maybe even SirGab and went cheaper most likely due to having bad availability. LA Kings picked up a great contract, Rickchel has mad chemistry with StreetSmurf, so they will kill it together.

5) [​IMG] BKerslake8 - $9,500,000

The last highest paid left winger, Kerslake which wasn't a shocker since everyone knows he's friends with Carolina management.

Now without a doubt, Kerslake is a really solid player as his stats have shown, but I don't think I like this contract because in my opinion at least he's not considered a top left winger on the PSN side and usually going this high on a player means they are top.

I believe this bid was more to bring in a long time friend that you know won't cause any trouble and already have chemistry with as they have a couple of other players like that, which is totally fine IF it won't hurt your team so we shall see what happens.

___________________________________________________________________________________________

Center

1) [​IMG] McLxvinn - $12,000,000

Mclovin was the best if not the top 2 best centers that were in bidding, the reason he went for this much and I totally agree with his contract.

Mclovin is considered a top Center on both consoles and his stats show why he's considered top.
    Last season he played the role of a 1C on Detroit putting up 17 wins with 88 points, this season I can see him having another great dominate season. If Detroit can secure some solid cheap players, this contract won't hurt them.

2) [​IMG] KushNastyy - $11,250,000

KushNasty back playing PSN LG, great to see him return after taking two seasons off.

Now, this bid is questionable for me. The reason I say that is because when looking at skill wise, absolutely he's worth this contract. The part that worries me is his availability as he mentioned in a thread before bidding if it's true then I don't think any team should be spending this much on a player with such terrible availability as it really hurts you especially when you don't have solid cheap contracts or other top talent already secured.

If he lied about his availability and it isn't an issue being somewhat decent, then I really like this contract as Kush is fucking nasty at the game.

3) [​IMG] Ethan x 97 - $10,750,000

Ethan, S12 GM for these OILERSSSS

Ethan was one of the best C/RW that was in this season bidding, I really like this contract mainly because he can play all forward positions the same and you rarely get that out of a top player. Not to mention his availability is great, well it was for me last season anyways.

Being the #1 C for Toronto, most likely playing with PierTalent will kill it. They have other solid contracts so this contract won't hurt them compared to other teams that lack cheap solid players. My prediction, Ethan will have another successful season showing why he's worth this contract and considered a top player in the league.

4) [​IMG] Boughss - $9,000,000

I'm sorry but I do not agree with this contract, Boughss is a really solid Center but not considered a top one which makes this bid very questionable if it will hurt Arizona. I hope just like the Kerslake bid it was more of a friendship or chemistry decision because Boughss shouldn't have gone higher than $7,000,000 in my opinion.

5) [​IMG]Xx LoL xX 9 - $8,250,000

The last highest paid Center goes to my pal Frank who should have been an Oiler for $8,000,000!!!! Screw you Dallas.

Nah, I'm happy for LoL that he's finally on a solid team around good support, on somewhat of a decent contract compared to the other contracts that he's had over here on the PSN side. Some may consider him washed, but at the end of the day, you get a legit 1C who doesn't have an availability problem, can even play left wing if needed and is a great nontoxic person to have on your team.

I don't see this contract hurting Dallas as they have a couple of other solid players, not to mention the GM and other players being friends with LoL. Prediction, LoL will have a great season as he's struggled the past two seasons missing playoffs.

___________________________________________________________________________________________

Right Wing

1) [​IMG] BigSniper-25 - $11,000,000

[​IMG]

What in the actual fuck is this contract........ Scootz you have some explaining to do buddy.

Listen, without a doubt Tommy is a solid player. Considered top? Ehhh I don't know... I'm really confused and I strongly disagree with this contract. You have better players who went cheaper, the second highest paid RW for example Theos.

Many people know the toxic level that Tommy can bring if he doesn't like you, so it will be very interesting to see how this plays out this season. I'm not shitting on him as a player, as I mentioned already he's a fantastic player but sorry I just don't agree with this contract and I'm sure many others are in the same boat.

2) [​IMG] Theos-_- - $10,000.000

Theos, the greek god getting paid!

I really like this contract for Theos, Colorado getting a top player who can play both sides of the wing pretty much the same. In my opinion, last season Colorado 2nd line lacked top end talent so IF Theos is playing on the 2nd line it's a massive upgrade for them. If not, and he was gotten to carry the 3rd line, well I'm not sure about that.

Do I see this contract hurting Colorado? IF he's playing on the 2nd line then absolutely not, if he's for the 3rd then yes I do because as of now their defense core is really bad.

3) [​IMG] Who_AreU- - $9,000,000

I'm not gonna lie, I haven't seen Who_AreU play in a very long time so I can't even give my opinion. From my understanding, he was a natural left winger who made the switch over to center or right wing?

Judging off of stats, the last two seasons he kind of struggled. Now I obviously don't know if it was because of skill drop or not having support around him. Yeah, so I don't really have much to say about this contract...

4) [​IMG] Crafted-95 - $8,750,000

Crafted making the position change last minute from RD back to forward going to one of the best well-known owners in the league.

I honestly don't know how I feel about this contract if I'm being completely honest, I think he should have gone a bit cheaper but I understand why he didn't.

I don't think this contract will massively hurt the Sharks since they have some really solid cheap contracts adding good depth. I expect Crafted to put up another fantastic season stats wise.

5) [​IMG] Mattkiinnoo - $8,500,000

I strongly disagree with this contract. Literally no excuses can be made either besides making a very bad decision. So many other better options, some even cheaper. Whyyyy though

I think the Blues management thought this was VG?

Listen, Mattkinnoo is a pretty solid player. Top? Maybe in VG, definitely not considered a top player in LG. I don't think he's worth over $5,000,000 here in LG, since he's the Blues #1 RW and I don't see much support on the team I can most definitely see this contract hurting them.

Left Defense

1) [​IMG] Foxpresentation & cmike17 [​IMG] - $7,000,000

Both Fox and CMike coming out of bidding with a $7,000,000 contract, honestly a pretty good contract if you ask me. Both legit first line worthy LDs on a reasonable contract

I can see both of these guys having a good season locking it down defensively.

2) [​IMG] Twisty_x86x - $6,500,000

I'm pretty sure Twisty is a natural RD but can play LD if needed, signed up as LD so reason I'm putting him here.

Anyways, very questionable bid when looking at skill wise. Everyone knows why he went to Montreal though, his QC pals are on the team. Pretty solid dman who has thumbs, just not entirely sure about this contract.

I don't see this contract being a problem for Montreal, #1 LD or RD on the team.

3) [​IMG] lVlr T 16 - $6,000,000

Turmoilz making his return to PSN LG after taking a break, he hasn't been inactive though as he's been playing on Xbox.

I haven't seen him play on NHL 20 yet, so I can't really state my opinion on his contract. I can't imagine him being a lot worse from the last time I saw him play, so I'd imagine this is a decent contract for him being a #1 LD for Washington playing with Tidan.

4) [​IMG] RBCressor - $6,000,000

I really like this contract for Cressor, he was probably top 3 best LDs in bidding. Now the question is if he will show up to his games completely hammered

Cressor struggled last season with running Vancouver, now that he's a player and can focus on himself a bit better I think he will light it up this season being at the top of the boards for LDs.

5) [​IMG] zCluutchh__ - $5,750,000

So apparently RVClutch is a top dman now?

I think Florida management had a plan in the works for a natural forward to sign up as defensemen, so they could go cheaper and do the swap off every faceoff trick all season, guess they forgot to read the ruling where you could get banned for doing that.

I don't really like this contract, a bit much in my opinion and that cap could have been spent on something better.

__________________________________________________________________________________

Right Defense

1) [​IMG] Dangs92 - $6,750,000

[​IMG]

2) [​IMG] hockeyiscool22 - $6,250,000

Considering the defense pool was pretty weak, this contract for Hyper isn't bad. Now his availability though...

I don't see this contract hurting Nashville or any team for that matter, as long as his availability turns into somewhat being decent this season. He can easily play the first line role, west coast guy but can do well on east as teams love that. Pretty certain that he can play both sides as well, which is a bonus for any team.

3) [​IMG] NeeZ-l- - $5,500,000

Knees making the switch back to RD, although he was a decent forward much better on RD for sure. Now I don't know if his availability is still sketchy, but a really good contract for Ottawa! Knees skill might have dropped a bit, but he's still easily a #1 RD for any team.

I can see Knees having a ton of success this season being on a cheap moveable contract, doesn't hurt any teams killing depth or anything. Will do his job and shut down/ help create offensively.

4) [​IMG] xGianTx - $5,500,000

Giant is a pretty quiet guy that you don't hear too much of, a really solid RD who has put up decent stats over the past few seasons. I don't mind this contract, don't hate it but don't strongly enjoy it.

Last season with Tampa he had a ton of success, probably his best if not second best season stats wise. Since he's on a cheap moveable contract, he shouldn't have a problem this season putting up solid numbers. Can play as a first line dman, but better as a 2nd line dman in my opinion.

5) [​IMG] yummyTOE - $5,000,000

I really like this price for TML AKA Bxrrie, I wonder if the sneaky name change helped him go for this low. Just like Giant, my opinion of him is that he's a really solid 2nd pair guy to have, can play first with support if needed.

He has put up pretty solid numbers since coming up to the NHL back in S10, I expect him to have another great season especially with his buddy GoalieGodz who is the Predators GM as they will most likely be playing together.

Overall opinion of this seasons bidding;

Goalies — I think the goalie selection was awful, worst I've ever seen it. I don't know if this was due to people not wanting to play goalie with how the game is now or just not many goalies signed up for this season, I'd go with option 1 as it's unlikely that many strictly goalies didn't want to play.

Defense — In my opinion, the defense was the same it has been for the past few seasons, lacked solid/top dman as PSN always been like that.

Forwards — I'm not really sure... I'll just say it wasn't the greatest but not the worst I've seen.

Well, that's my overall opinion of this seasons bidding session and my thoughts on the top 5 highest paid contracts from each position, I hope you enjoyed this read.

• Winner Winner x 21
    • Like Like x 17
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    No Streaming Account
  2. Dangs92

Dangs92 Fuck Off

Discord:
    dangs92#0
    Ratings:
    +519 / 49 / -69
    How come I didn’t get a write up :(

• Like x 1
    • Get Good x 1
    • Funny x 1
    • Winner x 1
    • Informative x 1
    Dangs92
  3. OPxOwen

OPxOwen Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +154 / 6 / -9
    "In my opinion, last season Colorado 2nd line lacked top end talent " atleast @ me so i can get my name mentioned amongst the top players

• Funny Funny x 7
    • Like Like x 1
    the5thlinecbj
  4. Wingnutdrw53

Wingnutdrw53 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Wingnutdrw53#1228
    Ratings:
    +269 / 27 / -182
    i love it! now do the best 500K contracts... haha

• Like Like x 2
    No Streaming Account
  5. SSabou-

SSabou- Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Sabourin-18#4325
    Ratings:
    +150 / 3 / -24
    MEDIAAAAA :popcorn::eyes:

• Winner Winner x 1
    sabourin18
  6. bmore_80

bmore_80 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    bmore80#0
    Ratings:
    +33 / 2 / -5
    Good read, thanks OP

• Like Like x 1
    s4dad
  7. natesous10

natesous10 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    natesous10#0
    Ratings:
    +197 / 1 / -10
    Goalies?

• Like Like x 5
    No Streaming Account
  8. Crafted l95l

Crafted l95l Clapping Bots Bro

Ratings:
    +227 / 33 / -23
    SHARKS, thank for the kind words

crafted95
  9. I MT98 I

I MT98 I Well-Known Member

Discord:
    MT98#9855
    Ratings:
    +1,294 / 21 / -57
    Boughs wanted a few extra millis to get a few more Leaf game tickets and we were happy to give him front row to watch Michael Hutchinson, gotta keep the 1C happy

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Informative Informative x 1
    mt98
  10. X-Hellebuyck37-X

X-Hellebuyck37-X LGHL Backup G

Ratings:
    +22 / 4 / -2
    Great read!

mcdangles7
  11. xTheFranchize

xTheFranchize Well-Known Member

Discord:
    xTheFranchize#3173
    Ratings:
    +70 / 6 / -5
    I think some of the Goalie talent coming up from the AHL last season will surprise some people. Guys like @natesous10 and @CrawlingBacon belong in the NHL for sure.

• Like Like x 1
    xTheFranchize
  12. iCallsoWhat55

iCallsoWhat55 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    icallsowhat55#1227
    Ratings:
    +787 / 49 / -145
    lives don't matter.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
    icallsowhat55
  13. Dunsii

Dunsii Well-Known Member

Discord:
    dunny#0072
    Ratings:
    +207 / 26 / -53
    Great write up. Hoping you’re wrong about Matt though of course .

• Informative Informative x 1
    bdunnny
  14. EDauntless

EDauntless Warning Group

Ratings:
    +687 / 8 / -16
    Thank. God. I. Didnt. Go. D.

• Winner Winner x 1
    Entry_
  15. Lafontaine92

Lafontaine92 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +234 / 6 / -25
    We want the top worst contracts by position now, much more spicy

• Like Like x 7
    No Streaming Account
  16. Mondsy--

Mondsy-- Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Mondsy-#1734
    Ratings:
    +505 / 18 / -94
    He’s max a ok 2nd line

• Like Like x 2
    vermyy91
  17. SirGab-

SirGab- Well-Known Member

Discord:
    SirGab#3480
    Ratings:
    +256 / 4 / -16
    sirgab02
  18. xDatsy

xDatsy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +127 / 8 / -27
    @vKB-_- u had me dead reading rv clutchz write up LOL

No Streaming Account
  19. Chipy-ox

Chipy-ox Should be worth 11 mil at least - Mitts

Discord:
    Chipy-ox#0918
    Ratings:
    +588 / 146 / -171
    LW was tough depth wise for some reason.

chipyox
  20. meka DVA meka

meka DVA meka Bring Load Management To LG

Ratings:
    +3,475 / 92 / -197
    @Jlm1410 not even top 5. I would like a 3 season

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
    Nybarisny