Should Shoutbox/Discord/Forums messages be Ban eligible?

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming Hockey League (LGHL PSN)' started by SweetLou9208, Feb 22, 2020.

?

Should words, texts or voice messages violating the COC, be League Ban eligible

1. Yes

18.9%
  2. No

47.4%
  3. Depends on the situation (which means its to the BOG discretion)

39.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. SweetLou9208

SweetLou9208 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    SweetLou#9373
    Ratings:
    +5,393 / 162 / -406
    Recently we have seen a number of bans from league due to things said in the shoutbox, discord messages, xbox messages, psn messages or PM/Forums.

In the past, we always had a policy of these leading to MUTES or suspensions. Recently, we these have increased bc people are idiots and say dumb shit even when theyre "joking" but it has started to lead to League Bans and even Cap Bans for words. This is sort of what happened to LeagueArena when it collapses (old big xbox 6s league before LG) and UOHL (2nd biggest 6s league, banana league) Guys were getting banned over shit they said and it lead to arguments, quitting and people leaving the league which essentially made the leagues collapse.

With that being said, should words or texts be League Ban eligible or should be mutes, mutes without buy outs + suspensions instead?

Yes - if you say something you shouldnt, you should be banned from the league

No - mute them, no buy out, possible suspension

Depends on the situation

Up to the BOGS or person who files the complaint

@Bxrt1_, @GhostMK, @ItsAPurpleDragon, @OdessaSteps, @Tris10 @PlusSizePounder

• Like Like x 3
    SweeT9LoU84
  2. Nep Neppy

Nep Neppy Hockey’s Greatest Weeb

Ratings:
    +262 / 19 / -44
    If you say derogatory racial terms (for example Nword) there should be a zero stance policy for them terms and no buy out either. There is legit no reason we should allow people to use racist terms on this site or anything related it’s just disgusting.

I think the same case should be for Words the negativity effect lgbtq people as well.

If you disagree then ur either a racist or a bigot.

• Get Good x 8
    • Dislike x 3
    • Like x 2
    • Winner x 2
    • Dumb x 2
    Darkishlarry
  3. BigSleezy00

BigSleezy00 EAID: BigSleezy00

Discord:
    bigsleezy#0
    Ratings:
    +178 / 3 / -7
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 1
    Big_Sleezy
  4. Anttzy-

Anttzy- Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Chief#9925
    Ratings:
    +3,750 / 244 / -506
    It's literally the internet, if you can't simply look away from your computer screen or close your browser when you get butthurt, then you're probably the same dude to call the police because the neighbor's dog won't stop barking.

• Like Like x 13
    • Winner Winner x 6
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
    zChieef
  5. Nep Neppy

Ratings:
    +262 / 19 / -44
    this is a terrible take. If you want to post or say terrible things no one is and can stop you but what can be done is the league/site can say is “nah we won’t allow this disgusting behavior to be allowed on our site”

is it so difficult to not say racial terms or bigoted terms about lgbtq people?

• Like Like x 3
    • Get Good Get Good x 2
    • Dumb Dumb x 2
    Darkishlarry
  6. Anttzy-

Discord:
    Chief#9925
    Ratings:
    +3,750 / 244 / -506
    You're literally a bot. League used to never be this fragile until people like you started with the sawt shit. It's literally the internet my guy. Get a grip.

• Like Like x 10
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
    zChieef
  7. Nep Neppy

Ratings:
    +262 / 19 / -44
    trust me I'm not a bot. also, it's a good thing the league has been changing and not a place where racism and bigotry fosters but there still seems to be some remints of it like you yourself. I don't care if its a school,a parking lot or the internet we shouldn't allow racism or bigoty to be accepted

• Like Like x 4
    • Get Good Get Good x 2
    • Dumb Dumb x 2
    Darkishlarry
  8. GingerNHL

GingerNHL ELEET VS PLAYER HERE | Pronouns are Shee/Sh

Discord:
    Ginger#1826
    Ratings:
    +1,910 / 44 / -144
    If it is in a discord from the league then the CoC applies, but having people getting banned from fights in discords that have nothing to do with the league is a joke. You cant police people on what they do in their free time.

EDIT: You never know whats going on in someone else's life. I get that you can look away from your screen, but what if they are on there to begin with to get away from a bad situation at home, for example.

• Like Like x 11
    xGlNGERR
  9. Markz51

Markz51 Don't Hassle Me. I'm Local.

Discord:
    markz_51#0
    Ratings:
    +702 / 11 / -21
    It all comes down to dollars and cents. League wants advertisers and having guys run around in the shout box dropping slurs makes it tough to sell the product.

Sadly, it is the internet and you can't police it properly with a Zero Tolerance Policy. People who want to speak freely to one another will go through any channel necessary to make their point, not just LG sanctioned channels. We can talk about discord or PSN messages all we want but is LG prepared to hold guys accountable for comments made on other websites?

Say I find a LG player's name on Reddit and I call him a slur on there. Would I catch a ban? Or a mute? It's a very slippery slope.

Markz_51
  10. Nep Neppy

Ratings:
    +262 / 19 / -44
    this is a fair point and i would be fine just saying LG will police messages sent through psn/xbox messages, team channels (Discord) and obviously the site. i think hunting past that is a waste of resources and time because it isn't impacting the community at that point i feel

• Like Like x 2
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
    Darkishlarry
  11. Barzyyx13

Barzyyx13 Execute Order 66

Discord:
    Barzyyx13#0883
    Ratings:
    +708 / 32 / -136
    If you fight in an LG game. Automatic cap ban.

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    No Streaming Account
  12. nickyP1999

nickyP1999 I'm not superstitious but I am a little stitious.

Discord:
    NickyP#1999
    Ratings:
    +533 / 38 / -64
    Player safety needs to be a top priority.

• Like Like x 5
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • Informative Informative x 3
    nickyP1999
  13. Pawdiddy

Pawdiddy Well-Known Member

Discord:
    pawdiddy#0
    Ratings:
    +535 / 84 / -187

Yes it’s the internet but that doesn’t give you the right just to throw racial slurs out. Have some pride as a human being and don’t be an idiot. Lg probably has a legal liability, and like mark said it’s about Sponsors and making money to keep the site going. So if your want to be behind a keyboard and say stuff you think has no affect on someone than be that guy. Just don’t expect their not to be
    Consequences.

yes, im a bot, and I suck and anything else to make you think that your better than me go for it.

• Like Like x 5
    pawdiddy
  14. Crafted l95l

Crafted l95l Clapping Bots Bro

Ratings:
    +227 / 33 / -23
    half of the good players in this league are gonna be gone because of cap bans

• Funny Funny x 2
    crafted95
  15. Anttzy-

Discord:
    Chief#9925
    Ratings:
    +3,750 / 244 / -506
    Racial slurs are a different animal. I'm referring to what Fondy and others got banned for today. A lot of cap bans are just taken out of context. Obviously someone just throwing out hard R's and being a douche should face consequences but not nearly as tough as the consequences LG decides to give out. Yes, they've turned it into a product but at the end of the day it's the internet. You can either allow what people say behind a monitor bother you, or you can just close your screen. It's that simple. Problem now is everything is trying to be the police and have people banned when they're not even included in the conversation or it has nothing to do with them, from a 3rd person POV. Pretty soon this league will be a wasteland full of players like you and whoever that CHL shitter is and then LG won't have to worry about handing out consequences since it will be a place full of unicorns and roses.

Also, yea you do suck but your grammar sucks more, bot. ;)

• Get Good Get Good x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    zChieef
  16. Dradavich

Dradavich The guy who got Truc Banned

Discord:
    Dradavich#1971
    Ratings:
    +1,866 / 134 / -406
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
    Dradavich
  17. DerpyDaymare

DerpyDaymare わたしはよいゴールキーパーじぇない。でも、わたしはおたくです.

Ratings:
    +176 / 2 / -3
    I think slurs should be a no-go, anywhere, related to LG or not. At the end of the day you have to ask yourself what kind of community you want to build, and I think known racists or bigots dont make very good parts of an individual community. Wouldn't be allowed in a workplace, sporting event, video game chat, hell most people probably wouldn't even want to casually hang out with someone like that, literally any other social or community based setting it's not okay, LG shouldn't be any different just because it's a free online league.

Past that....it really just depends, depends on intent, depends on setting, depends on context. I think in any competitive environment bm is going to happen, especially in hockey chirping is to be expected, but once you escalate that from chirping someone about one game, or play, or whatever, to insulting them on sight, it just becomes bullying.

I think the bigger problem of the community stagnating, among other things, is more the general toxicity of LGs community more than the bans, even if the bans have gotten kind of light recently. People thinking about joining the league look over the site and the first thing they see is everyone just going at it in the shoutbox, no matter the time of day, no matter which league they click, and that puts people off.

While I agree with it in some arguments, the dont look at the screen argument doesn't really work here either. Most people playing are here for a team and community based experience, like in a professional sport. To use a MOBA reference, they dont WANT to do the equivilent of showing up to their scheduled games, hitting /muteall, trying to solo carry, and then continuing on with their week.

Obviously if they're signing up for LG, especially trying to make it to the NHL level, if they cant handle being chirped, they probably dont have the right mindset to play at the top level of something competitively anyway, and should probably stick to only playing for fun, however they should also feel like they can socialize without the risk of being insulted at any given moment.

I know this all kind of goes beyond the initial question being asked so I'll answer that too.
    Slurs anywhere- zero tolerance, at the very least a ban from communication, if they still want to play fine but that should be revoked if they try to talk to anyone through any avenue.

Insulting/harassing to the point of bullying- chat ban if on the shoutbox or any official LG related chat(Discord/PSN group, etc.), outside of that pretty much everywhere that you can talk to someone has the ability to report someone. If after reporting the harassment persists after reporting, and there is no evidence the support team behind whatever medium the harassment is taking place has tried to do anything about it, then maybe LG steps in and takes a look.

General chirping and trash talk is completely fine, as long as they stay related to EASHL, or whatever game the LG league is for. If it goes outside of that, especially if it devolves into personal attacks, then it becomes punishable.

• Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    DerpyDaymare
  18. DShakki

DShakki Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +990 / 72 / -110

• Funny Funny x 6
    Woytkiw8
  19. Nep Neppy

Ratings:
    +262 / 19 / -44
    you sir clearly didn't get the point. I was clearly stating that saying terms like the N word, for example, should be a no go as well as derogatory terms to the lgbtq community like F****t.

• Winner Winner x 1
    Darkishlarry
  20. DShakki

DShakki Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +990 / 72 / -110
    And you didn't get my point, which was, in a nutshell, that that video is hilarious.

Woytkiw8