ESHL Power Rankings. S13-Week 1

Discussion in 'E-Sports Hockey League' started by SmiTTy x 12, Mar 7, 2020.

1. SmiTTy x 12

SmiTTy x 12 “Officially UnRetired”

Ratings:
    +1,243 / 63 / -77
    Hey Everyone, as many of you know I have a thing for putting together some sort of media in any season I play in LG, and with this season being no different I really wanted to continue the exposure for ESHL and bring in a weekly Article. Hopefully in the future this can and will expand into a Live Show and start to spread the word on YouTube and Twitch.

First and foremost let me let everyone know these are NOT my personal rankings, I've reached out to 25+ players in ESHL and over 20+ team's to get their input and personal experience team rankings. I then designed an algorithm to enter in all the data collected, and from there a Rank, Team Percentile, and Overall Team score were given.

Without further ado, your TOP 20, LG ESHL Season 13 Week 1 Power Rankings

1. Entourage [​IMG] Overall Team Score: 1.2
    Literally the ALMOST unanimous #1 in every category, one of only two teams to not allow a single goal week 1.
    2. Vertigo [​IMG] Overall Team Score: 2.8
    The top 3 teams graded were so insanely close, and many outcomes had Vertigo and Resilience swapping places. Capped off the week with a HUGE win over Caps Gaming Finalists, Phantoms 7-1 ​
    3. Resilience [​IMG] Overall Team Score: 3.0
    Every single list submitted had Resilience in the top 5. The only other team to not allow a single goal this week. Look for a HUGE week 2 facing both teams currently ahead of them.​
    4. Composure [​IMG] Overall Team Score: 4.2
    Main stay in the Top 5, composure put together a perfect 4-0 to start the week and looks to remain a favorite to make the finals in anyone's bracket. Looks like a bit of a nail biter at 9:30 squeaking out a 1-0 OT win against #19 UT which would've surely had then drop a spot or 2 with a loss. ​
    5. Hidden Potential [​IMG] Overall Team Score: 4.7
    Definitely wasn't the start to the season they were expecting, dropping to first game 2-1 to Dog Dads, and then winning another close one 1-2. Were able to quickly rebound with back to back blowout wins against Top 20 opponent Natty Light Knights.​
    6. Underdogs [​IMG] Overall Team Score: 6.7
    Underdogs didn't receive a single vote out of the Top 10, and their only loss was in a tight one-goal game week 1. Big week next week against #17 Unknown Talent and then the battle for Bragging Rights to Best Canadian Team vs Flawless.​
    7. 6th Sense [​IMG] Overall Team Score: 7.1
    6th Sense, received ranks ranging for 2nd - 11th which shows one of 2 things this roster is either on the fall out of the top in the communities eyes... OR sit back and relax the best is yet to come as 6th Sense pushes for a Top 5 spot. Expecting a 2-0 start to week 2 and then Prime-time action against #5 Hidden Potential.​
    8. BBB [​IMG] Overall Team Score: 7.4
    Crazy when the entire community enters in Ranks between 5-10, think everything points in the direction of a cakewalk week 1, and HUGE tests to see where this team really belongs next week against #2 Vertigo and #3 Resilience.​
    9. Phantoms[​IMG] Overall Team Score: 10.7
    Our first double digit Overall Score, and you have to think that 7-1 beating played a factor in week 1. Personally I loved watching this team in Caps Gaming and how they caught so many by surprise. No more taking the Phantoms lightly, look for the boys to rebound week 2 against #20 Recognition, and then pad the Stats against the Pucks.​
    10. Highlanders[​IMG] Overall Team Score: 11.4
    Talk about a HOT start, sweeping #13 Dahlia 2-0 and then sending home on a 5-1 Loss. Big tests next week though against up and coming Whipping Post who just barely missed this weeks top 20. ​
    11. Prophecy [​IMG] Overall Team Score: 11.8
    12. Montage Moment
    [​IMG] Overall Team Score: 12.7
    13. Dahlia
    [​IMG] Overall Team Score: 15.2
    14. Flawless
    [​IMG] Overall Team Score: 15.2
    15. Red Lite
    [​IMG] Overall Team Score: 15.4
    16. Dog Dads
    [​IMG] Overall Team Score: 16.8
    17. Reckless Abandon
    [​IMG] Overall Team Score: 17.3
    18. Instinct
    [​IMG] Overall Team Score: 18.4
    19. Unknown Talent
    [​IMG] Overall Team Score: 18.4
    20. Recognition[​IMG] Overall Team Score: 18.9

Honorable Mentions:
    The Whipping Post, PBM Jinx, Instinct, Natty Light Knightz, The Offseason, Agility, Easy Work, Valiance, Immaculate

(All of these teams were mentioned by at least one candidate, AND were within 0.9 Pts of placing in the Top 20)

PLEASE LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU ALL WOULD LIKE TO SEE WEEK 2! AND IF YOU'D LIKE DESCRIPTIONS ON THE ENTIRE TOP 20.

THANK YOU AND GOOD LUCK WEEK 2!!!!

• Like Like x 17
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Creative Creative x 1
    SmittyTV
  2. SmiTTy x 12

Ratings:
    +1,243 / 63 / -77
    Really Bummed that on your Cell phone, can’t read half the descriptions on the article ughh

SmittyTV
  3. Hannah7Banana22

Hannah7Banana22 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,417 / 191 / -360
    I am on phone so I can’t read descriptions, so maybe I’m missing something... you created a ranking using ‘personal experiences’? I’m hoping this was only used because it’s week 1 and you don’t have a lot of data?

Appreciate the effort doing ‘media’ but imo power rankings are pointless when there are standings.. it works much better in sports like tennis or golf where things don’t carry over from tourney to tourney excpet seedings. Even in sports that do have power rankings on sites it’s more so to compare teams in different divisions+ conferences against one another with unbalanced scheduling, that doesn’t apply here.

I recommend letting the standings + H2H be the way we rank teams and come up with a different media format.

In conclusion, how da fuk is Dog Dads ranked higher than my team?

edit: Oh right I forgot, Lou + Villain are more popular.

No Streaming Account
  4. Nuge

Nuge SmithZz

Discord:
    nuge#0
    Ratings:
    +6,623 / 177 / -193
  5. SmiTTy x 12

Ratings:
    +1,243 / 63 / -77
    Read it on a computer, none of these were my personal rankings.

SmittyTV
  6. Nealerr

Nealerr Well-Known Member

Discord:
    x Neal x 18 x#7178
    Ratings:
    +432 / 20 / -14
    #DogDads

NealiteGaming
  7. Scheckel29

Scheckel29 IslesGT

Discord:
    scheckel29#0
    Ratings:
    +910 / 7 / -11
    #releasetherankings

• Like Like x 1
    Scheckel29
  8. Tendy

Tendy Well-Known Member

Discord:
    tendyx29#0
    Ratings:
    +518 / 22 / -44
    Share the 25+ players that did the rankings and their individual ranks! :flames::flames:

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    xTendy29
  9. Known as Dub

Known as Dub Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,641 / 4 / -6
    Journalists respect their sources and don’t out them.

• Like Like x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    No Streaming Account
  10. dooglare

dooglare Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +269 / 54 / -37
    Immaculate as an honorable mention?!? It feels good to be carried #blessed

No Streaming Account