Some of the cast of Semi-Pro (2008) as AHLers

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming American Hockey League (LGAHL)' started by Garis93, Mar 6, 2020.

1. Garis93

Garis93 and they don't stop coming

Discord:
    Garis93#0625
    Ratings:
    +2,206 / 134 / -118
    Hello friends,

It's been a while since I've done media. After the recommendation from @Darcy Kuemper that I produce media; I began to think of ideas to share with the community. Tonight, trying to find something to watch, I stumbled across the movie Semi-Pro (2008), starring Will Ferrell. During the movie, I began to make comparisons between some of the characters and members in the LGAHL. I bring to you (some of) the cast of Semi-Pro (2008):

Jackie Moon (Will Ferrell): @Wickedly Moist

[​IMG]

You either love him or you hate him (most of you hate him probably). You can't deny Moist is an entertainer. He'll do everything he can in his power to keep your eyes on him. From causing drama to his graphic design work to wrestling a bear, Moist has the marketability that most of us dream about. Moon may not be the best skilled, but he has the heart to put his team in the best place even though his gimmick is stolen.

Ed Monix (Woody Harrelson): @I Am Wonger

[​IMG]

Now I know what some of you are already thinking: Why Wonger? If you take a look of Monix's background, you see Wonger fits his criteria. Former role player that's won a championship? Check. Former major leaguer now in an inferior league? Check. Past his prime and has bounced around from team to team? Check. Will have to rely on fundamentals to succeed? Check. Being on a team on the verge of imploding? Check. The only question is if he can rally the troops and hope for a 4th place finish? Wishful thinking.

Coffee Black (Andre 3000): @Sitful

[​IMG]

The best player in the AHL. No one can deny that. A flashy player that can be a team player when needed. Probably signed up late so he could be on a better contract to go to the NHL, like Black's hopes to go from the Tropics to the Spurs. Will Syracuse develop an unstoppable Alley-Oop play with Sitful?

Dick Pepperfield (Andrew Daly): @DavosJB

[​IMG]

DavosJB has the voice of Jackie Moon signing Love Me Sexy. There's not a better fit for Pepperfield than Davos.

Lou Redwood (Will Arnett): @Darcy Kuemper

[​IMG]

Darcy easily has the personality of Redwood. An avid alcohol drinker that has no filter who doesn't like being called a Jive Turkey.

Bobby Dee (Andy Richter): @MIKE x SCOTT

[​IMG]

The GM of the Flint Tropics and a lovable guy. Is often willing to do anything Jackie Moon says. His GT is based off a character who seems oblivious at times like Bobby Dee. Just think of him as Moist's sidekick or son-friend.

Commissioner of ABA (David Koechner): @LG McDonald

[​IMG]

Brodie is the commish and like Koechner's character in the film, they sometimes come off as a ____ (fill in the blank). In the film, Flint was given stipulation after stipulation for their dreams of going to the NBA while other teams can place in the top four and be in the merger. In LG, you see guys like Snoopy get owner season after season (excluding the current season) and guys who are miles better than him get denied owner.

Dukes (Jackie Earle Haley): @rollinj0071

[​IMG]

Dukes believed he was getting the 10k from Jackie after he made that shot, just like Rollin thought he was getting Owner. However, the 2.3k was the equivalent of getting AHL GM, which he later blew. Also, shout out to MIKE x Scott's thread and Moist's work for the inspiration.

Vakidis (Peter Cornell): @uknome88

[​IMG]

Vakidis is the Lithuanian giant on the Tropics who doesn't speak a word of English. After reading @uknome88 drunken rant in the threads, I had no idea what the hell he was saying.

Petrelli (Pat Kilbane): @C4NADA

[​IMG]

Last and certainly least, we have Petrelli. Petrelli is a pain in the ass with whoever he encounters and C4NADA has a knack for being a pain in the ass when both of them aren't very good.

Honorable Mention: Jackie Moon in the Sun Costume: @ele905

[​IMG]

Your GT is based on the acronym that Jackie Moon uses to let everyone know that everybody love everybody.

I hope all of you enjoy this and will get a laugh from this. I may decide to do media every once in a while if you guys want it. Just thought the forums were getting stale and I thought I'd throw something out there.

Best Wishes,

Garis93

• Like Like x 14
    • Funny Funny x 4
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
    LG_Voracek
  2. l HowieDoo l

l HowieDoo l Pylon here!!

Ratings:
    +1,461 / 57 / -75
    Everybody love everybody!!!!

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    HowieDoo
  3. I Perkis I

I Perkis I Twerkis

Discord:
    I Perkis I#0880
    Ratings:
    +114 / 9 / -4
    Bump

• Winner Winner x 1
    No Streaming Account
  4. Too Much Twoco

Too Much Twoco Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Too Much Twoco#2520
    Ratings:
    +454 / 2 / -17
    This was entertaining.

Well done you jive turkey!

• Winner Winner x 1
    No Streaming Account
  5. Loki x6x

Loki x6x See Ach El BOG

Discord:
    lokix6x#0
    Ratings:
    +5,000 / 139 / -217
    You got me @Garis93 I really wasn't expecting this to be that good, nice work man lolol.

• Winner Winner x 1
    Lokix6x
  6. General Lee4073

General Lee4073 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    General Lee4073#3964
    Ratings:
    +156 / 24 / -58
    I didnt re read my post either, not going to

• Winner Winner x 1
    uknome3388
  7. I Am Wonger