AHL Super 16 [S35 W3]

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming American Hockey League (LGAHL)' started by ThatZachGuy, Mar 7, 2020.

1. ThatZachGuy

ThatZachGuy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +596 / 35 / -36
    This write up is an idea taken from NHL.com. I decided to bring it to the AHL on a weekly basis. The Super 16 is a "Power Rankings". To create the power rankings, there is a group of 10 GM's & AGM's who compile their version of what they think the Super 16 should look like. A point total is assigned to each spot of the Super 16. The #1 team gets assigned 16 points, #2 team gets 15, #3 team gets 14, and so on all the way down to the #16 team getting 1 point. Every point gets added up from all of the rankings and then a final list is made.

The people who will help put this together each week are: @JC Enterprise @Sportfreak114 @SmiTTy x 12 @DONNYWOOD @l SaIty I @Leniig @Casey26lax FR @TeachMe18 @MxrteI @Tretiak v 20

With all of that being said, here are your Super 16 for Week 3...

Milwaukee was a unaminous choice as the top team this week. Rockford has dropped out of the rankings for the first time this season. Meanwhile, three teams are making their first appearance in the Top 16.

1. :team390: Milwaukee Admirals (21-3-3)

Total Points: 144

Last Week: No.1

Hit: This team is not fucking around. It was their worst week of the season (6-2-1) and they still are the best team in the league and are 5 points up in the Macgregor Kilpatrick Trophy race. @JuniorHawk16 racked up 13 points last week while @Ouellet I30I went 5-0-0 while only allowing 6 goals on 68 shots. His record now stands at 13-1-2.

Miss: Nothing. This team is the team to beat right now.

2. :team298: Toronto Marlies (18-6-3)

Total Points: 127

Last Week: No.3

Hit: @RMychack10 wanted to prove me wrong this week and he sorta did. He did play some better competition this week in Wilkes Barre & Binghamton and won both games. No longer a Top 10 point scorer, but did manage to score the 5th most points on the Marlies in Week 3.

Miss: After a 3-0-0 performance last week, @Go for a celly & @BARSOUTH HOCKEY, suffered a 1-2-0 week. The Marlies are a good team, but if these two guys can be consistent in the win column, it will be a big boost for this team.

3. :team625: Colorado Eagles (18-6-3)

Total Points: 119

Last Week: No.2

Hit: The @skyre5, @Br0midas, & @MARTINEZ2619 line has been playing fantastic this season and have posted an 8-1-0 record together. The addition of @El Pyr0 & @Matts508 to that line defensively has been a big boost as well.

Miss: After only 3 losses combined in the first two weeks, the Eagles lost 6 games in Week 3. @Tastypeanut 5 was given five games last week and did not win a single one.

4. :team618: Tucson Roadrunners (18-5-4)

Total Points: 117

Last Week: No.5

Hit: The Roadrunners posted a 7-2-0 record this week and in six of those wins they allowed no more than 1 goal. As much as I hate to say it, the damn trap is proving to work. The fact that the entire team has conformed to this play style is incredible.

Miss: To be honest, I can mention the lack of scoring like I did last week, but at this point in the season it really doesn’t work against them. The defensive trap combined with excellent goaltending works.

5. :team301: Wilkes Barre Scranton Penguins (16-8-3)

Total Points: 106

Last Week: No.6

Hit: This team has jumped into first place in the Eastern Atlantic even after a rough 5-4-0 week. @LUCKY SnowGoon is not going to lead the league in GAA or SV%, but he has helped this Penguins team win games by making key saves in big moments.

Miss: The powerplay still remains an issue, but I am going to go back and bring up the consistency of all three lines. One line is still getting used to one another. One sometimes doesn't play to what suits them best. And one suffered their first loss of the season and it turned into a shit storm. By the way, I know these things because I play on the team.

6. :team309: Syracuse Crunch (18-9-0)

Total Points: 102

Last Week: No.8

Hit: The Crunch are climbing again in the rankings. Nothing new to see scoring wise as well with @l1l Sharp l0l leading the team in scoring for Week 3. Sitful went 2-1-0 with the loss being a forfeit (shoudn't be on his record if Belleville entered the game in correctly). In his two games, he performed well scoring 6 points against Wilkes Barre & Binghamton.

Miss: It's interesting that this team traded one of their top point scorers in @D0NI 54. Maybe it was a positional thing that made them do the trade? I'm not sure @Laine Buddy is better, but time will tell.

7. :team312: Rochester Americans (16-7-4)

Total Points: 82

Last Week: No.9

Hit: Nothing too surprising here. @Nifty, @Leniig, @Saucing Pucks, & @I Nylander l all played together and won their games. The boys are back together and I don't expect them to lose many games as a line the rest of the season.

Miss: Well it happened. The powerplay has fallen to worst in the league. It really is surprising because of the number of good players on their team. I'll also point out that their 3rd line play needs to improve as the season moves forward.

8. :team352: Providence Bruins (16-9-2)

Total Points: 81

Last Week: No.7

Hit: The Bruins scored 16 goals in a game this week. Don't quote me on this or maybe someone could inform me in the comments below, but I think that is the most goals in a game this season so far. By the way this came against Laval. That's the team on 23 game losing streak.

Miss: Week 1 seems so far away. The team with no regulation losses after that week have been in a free fall. 9 regulation losses the past two weeks have seen them fall to 2nd place in the division.

9. :team362: Iowa Wild (15-7-5)

Total Points: 69

Last Week: No.4

Hit: Pretty much the only thing positive from Iowa in Week 3 was their powerplay that went 5 for 16. They now sit in the Top 10 for the season at 33.3%.

Miss: A terrible week going 1-5-3. Their star goalie @recyclebinhero was called up to the NHL and everything seems to have gone to shit. @MIKE x SCOTT will look to get his team back on track this week.

10. [​IMG] Palm Springs (16-9-2)

Total Points: 56

Last Week: No.13

Hit: Palm Springs won 6 straight games this week and had their best week of the season to date. @Johnkenne y01 potted 7 more goals this week and still sits as not only the league leader in goals but also in points.

Miss: This team still remains as one of the most scored on playoff teams. A solid backup goalie would help this team a lot. Especially come playoff time.

T11. :team303: Binghamton Devils (15-9-3)

Total Points: 44

Last Week: No.10

Hit: @Xeno SZN is dominating for this team. He put up 12 points in Week 3 and now sits at 31 for the season. He ranks 2nd in the league in goals with 21.

Miss: They acquired @Malchesky via a trade. This is now his third team this season. He is toxic. And trust me I know toxic because I too am toxic.

T11. :team395: Chicago Wolves (15-8-4)

Total Points: 44

Last Week: NR

Hit: The Wolves have been slowly gaining points in the Super 16 Rankings during the first two weeks and now have finally cracked the Top 16. After losing the first game of the week to Milwaukee, they put together a 6-2-1 week with two of those wins coming against Tucson & Palm Springs.

Miss: The goaltending is all over the place. Besides @Holta, the Wolves have used 4 other goalies this season. 138 minutes in penalties for Chicago this season. That is tied for the second worst in the league. You guys got yourself some dirty players.

13. :team393: Charlotte Checkers (14-11-2)

Total Points: 42

Last Week: No.10

Hit: This is your best penalty kill in the league with a remarkable 88.4%. They have only given up 5 powerplay goals this season.

Miss: 5 straight losses to end the week. This team is a shell of its former self from last season. I'm not sure what @FrenchMoron is going to do, but it's pretty obvious that this team needs some changes throughout.

14. :team518: San Diego Gulls (15-9-3)

Total Points: 33

Last Week: No.12

Hit: Well when you lose the leading point scorer in the league, @Patmo x 16, to a call up, you need to find some scoring. @VolTaGe TaCKtik & @OCB Murphy did just that in their first games in the AHL this season. They both registered 10 points and led the Gulls.

Miss: Both goalies seem to be having a rough go of it. Both are under 80% in SV%. Both are at or above 3.00 GAA.

15. :team350: Hershey Bears (13-10-4)

Total Points: 22

Hit: @Studz x 7 & @Go Bar South23 look to have found their groove after Week 1. In Week 1 they combined for 11 points and didn't win a game. Since then they have gone 6-0-0 together and combined for 45 points.

Miss: The Bears rank in the bottom 10 of the league in PK%, Average TOA, TOA Differential, and penalties taken. Goalie play has also been abysmal outside of @Perkis System18. He did have a rough Week 3 though.

16. :team307: Manitoba Moose (13-12-2)

Total Points: 19

Hit: The Moose have three 30 point scorers. They are @kdevv, @l MB7 l, and @Black Paperclip. The addition of @Kingofny1983 via a send down has been a breath of fresh air in net going 4-0-0 in his first week.

Miss: There is very limited secondary scoring for Manitoba. After the three 30 point scorers, only five other players have double digit points.

Other teams receiving points: :team519: San Jose (9), :team777: Belleville (5), :team300: Texas (2), :team349: Rockford (1)

• Like Like x 15
    • Winner Winner x 3
    No Streaming Account
  2. Too Much Twoco

Too Much Twoco Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Too Much Twoco#2520
    Ratings:
    +454 / 2 / -17
    Awesome content. Love the format. Keep it coming!

No Streaming Account
  3. Iv 0VI vI

Iv 0VI vI wyddd stepbr0VI

Ratings:
    +113 / 6 / -15
    :team777::team777::team777:

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    No Streaming Account
  4. Berube x 9

Berube x 9 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    berubex9#0
    Ratings:
    +652 / 53 / -42
    :team307::team307::team307::team307:

• Like Like x 1
    • Troll Troll x 1
    berubex9
  5. xM1GHTYMOUSE

xM1GHTYMOUSE DrMightyMouse

Discord:
    drmightymouse#0
    Ratings:
    +60 / 0 / -3
    Leave peanut alone!

No Streaming Account
  6. Tastypeanut 5

Tastypeanut 5 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +312 / 11 / -28
    I like to leave myself room for improvement.

No Streaming Account
  7. xM1GHTYMOUSE

xM1GHTYMOUSE DrMightyMouse

Discord:
    drmightymouse#0
    Ratings:
    +60 / 0 / -3
    Always a class act peanut!

No Streaming Account
  8. Ezreal

Ezreal Manic Men

Discord: